Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jessie, James and Meowth are actually good guy.

Default Jessie, James and Meowth are actually good guy.

I don't know why Jessie, James and Meowth still work for Giovanni. In my opinion, they are good guys. On a few occasions, they have saved Pikachu, Ash and his friends.

Jessie, James and Meowth are not evil. They don't do anything to hurt other people. All they want is to capture Pikachu. I think other villans in the anime are really evil.

When do you think they will turn good and work with Ash?

Do you think we have to wait for them to turn good until Ash becomes a Pokemon Master?

Go watch BW again. They are bad.

They're bad guys, they're just used for comic relief for most of the series until BW and even then they still have some comedic relief moments.
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

At the end of Pokemon 2000, they decide to become good guys, but they don't know where to get money. So Jessie decides to steal some, confusing James and returning the TRio to their bad guy status.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this into your sig if you are too.†

Having done a few good things in your entire life/series does not make you a "good guy".

They don't just want to "capture Pikachu", they want to assist Team Rocket in conquering entire regions. There's not any shortage of times they took advantage of people and Pokemon, captured them, held them hostage, mind controlled them, etc... for one TR goal or another. They are indisputably bad guys.

Does this mean they are EVIL? Perhaps not. They've never intentionally tried to majorly harm Ash and co. They typically avoid battles and confrontations when they can by using smokescreen or getaway plans, whereas some other villains like Hunter J have taken more-lethal steps. And we get some side stories every now and then to show that they're also humans as well.

However, they are the antagonist in this production and while they may not be evil, they're certainly selfish and self-serving.
    I'm part of the staff at Project Pokemon! Smod in forums, AOP in IRC, Administrator on Shoddy. Come visit us. Our Project is Pokemon!

They aren't good guys. They tried once and failed at it, just like they've failed a whole lot of other things in the series.
    Check out my newly-opened Trade Shop!!!
    ------------
    I have claimed Volcarona!
    ----------------
    FC: 3411 0844 2159

There's a big difference between bad and evil. Team Rocket are bad and have done a lot of bad things but they are not evil. At times, yes, they have done good things and they do really care about each other and their pokemon,
    [IMG]http://oi44.*******.com/2r2chw2.jpg[/IMG]

They are kinda-of-ish an anti hero
    Pokemon is a game, make it fun. Don't pic on the noobs, we all were one at some point.

B/W changed that and made them into generic villains with a 1/4 of emotion. Before B/W, they only did good guy things because it benefited them. Like for example, they save Sato and co because it made them better, not because they genuinely want to be the good guy. Same with them teaming up with Handsome. They only did that to get back at the other organization. Mush.'s contests were only to make them famous. In short, they will do anything for fame or anything to make them look good to the public eye, even cheer on Sato's battles.

This was one reason I liked them in the earlier series.
    岩根雅明=♡

I don't think you've watched BW yet....

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 17: The Bard and the Diva
    Next: Winter of Discontent

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

They're not good, but they're not evil or bad in heart.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

they were just trying to be bad untill bw. has a murder ever happened in the anime. i guess not.
    “We do have a lot in common.
    The same air, the same Earth, the same
    sky.
    Maybe if we started looking at
    what's the same instead of
    always looking at what's different,
    ...well, who knows?”
    ― Meowth

Quote Originally Posted by sandy ketchum View Post
    they were just trying to be bad untill bw. has a murder ever happened in the anime. i guess not.
    The Pixie Trio pretty much killed Hunter J.
    I'm part of the staff at Project Pokemon! Smod in forums, AOP in IRC, Administrator on Shoddy. Come visit us. Our Project is Pokemon!

TR is the ultimate definition of fail comic relief has ever brought us. They are doing this to such an extent that it is impossible to realize if they're good/bad.

I will go with Bad, judging by BW, where things are clear.
    <no sig>

To tell the truth, the TRio are too idiot to be truly evil, and yet too stupid to be truly good.

I don't even understand, what's the point to have them recurring again and again and again in the anime? If the Anime Director wants to bring comedic factor to the anime, then there is so many other ways to do that which may be even better than using the TRio. If ones want a villain, then let Ash get involved more often in the regional villain teams, or develop an original ones like Hunter J. If ones want to give challenge to Ash, then let Ash battles the trainers on the street.

Really. What's the point to have the threes after Johto Saga? Giovanni was even purposefully sending them off to Heonn because he didn't wants them anymore. In many episodes and movies, the TRio were more like decoratives, the story can runs even without their existence. I knew, that their situation went a little better at the beginning of Best Wishes. However, they soon returned to the old states, even worse than before. Their treatment was actually worse than Ash. In Ash's case his experience and intelligence will "reset" at the beginning of each region, whereas the TRio, they are reset at every episode!

The TRio is just so incompetent to categorized as "villain" in the view of fictional literature, even very blur to be an "antagonist". Really, what is their role in the anime? is it even necessary to have them continuously in the anime?
    "人には知らない世界はそこに存在する、そして人には知らない冒険はそこに始まってる"
    Chapter 1: 謎の世界の生き物、闘うトレーナーたち

your so cewte

i agree though, they are far from evil
    Latest AmourShipping AMV
    Proud Advance/AmourShipper ~ I would Also like to thank Larvitarr from tumblr who created this sig

Isn't everything we do in life a way to be loved a little more? ~ Before Sunrise ~
    Grooveshark | Tumblr | BulbaGarden | MyAnimeList | PSNProfiles | Youtube | Last.FM

They're not dark evil like, such as Cyrus/Ghetsis perhaps, but just plainly antagonistic. Mainly towards the "twerps" since that's what looks to be their conflict almost all the time.

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

Quote Originally Posted by the1stpkmnfan View Post
    They're not dark evil like, such as Cyrus/Ghetsis perhaps, but just plainly antagonistic. Mainly towards the "twerps" since that's what looks to be their conflict almost all the time.
    That is the biggest characterization problem of those three to be chosen as villain/antagonist for the series.

For a person that is so idiotic, it is just implausible that one could continue the evil deeds and criminal offenses again and again for such long period, including the fact that they always receive the respective "punishment" for committing those deeds.

Please remember one thing: Jessie, James and Meowth are in Team Rocket, a criminal origanization, hence they are criminal as well. And yet, they are just too idiotically unsuitable to even declare themselves as 'criminals'.
    "人には知らない世界はそこに存在する、そして人には知らない冒険はそこに始まってる"
    Chapter 1: 謎の世界の生き物、闘うトレーナーたち

Team Rocket are the bad guys but they also have a good heart which can be proven with the number of cries they made before the show ends.

They can have kind hearts at times, but the bad within them overshadows it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler View Post
    I don't think you've watched BW yet....
    I don't think she watches the show....

They may not be intentionally malevolent, but the TRio literally has nowhere else to go in life (Jessie and Meowth are already without any home, and James would rather die than suffer the wrath of Jessibelle), so they're stuck with Team Rocket.
    Gen1 Pokedex: 151/151
    Gen2 Pokedex: 251/251
    Gen3 Pokedex: 386/386
    Gen4 Pokedex: 493/493
    Gen5 Pokedex: 649/649

I think James is a pretty good guy, judging by episodes like 'Sweet Baby James!' But I haven't seen much of the gen v anime, to really judge it :\ Jessie I think is influenced much like meowth.

Credits to pokefan#493! Thank you SO much!
    If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

They aren't that evil, actually. In Pokemon 2000, they stated that they weren't really evil and they actually like Ash.

Spoiler:- Credits::

- please excuse my shoddy syntax for some reason I don't know.

I think the Team Rocket trio aren't good nor bad. I reckon they're just naughty. Just look at them: they always get defeated, so they aren't evil enough to win.
    I AM ERROR!
    Check out my YouTube channel! http://m.youtube.com/#/user/NinjaOfT...injaOfTheSkies
    My Pokemon/Futurama fanfic: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9186329/...anto-Adventure

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast