Thread: Help me with my first planned team.

Hybrid View

Default Help me with my first planned team.

So for the past 4 game I have plaid, 2 of them have been nuzloke's as the other two have been just randomly forming my team. But now, I would like to plan out a team that is very strong. Not just scrapped together.

So now, I am planning to get thewhite2 game (yes, I know of gen 6 on the horizon), and will transfer a bunch of pokemon to the games from my black game. I would like to contain my three favourite pokemon in the team, and have been doing some heavy egg-breeding to get them to have certain egg-moves. I have heard terms like sweeper, defence, and even tank, but not too sure what they all mean.

With the (now four) pokemon I already have, do you think you could suggest a last pair to add to the last two slots to even eveyrhting out?
    They do not have to be starters and can be from any generation.

The pokemon I am already sure to have on this team: Latias, Latios, Vaporeon, Luxray
    (And yes I know having both Latios and Latias might not be the best idea, but I was hoping to work around it...)

Sorry for being such a newbie at all this :P
    And thanks in advance!

1)
    Latias:
    Female
    Timid nature
    Ability: Levitate
    Move set: Recover, Dragon pulse, Earthquake, Calm mind

2)
    Latios:
    Male
    Bashful nature
    Hates to lose
    Ability: Levitate
    Move set: Recover, Draco meteor, Fly, Ice beam

3)
    Vaporeon:
    Female
    Serious Nature (Only female eevee I got out of 35 males)
    Often dozes off
    Ability: Run away
    Move set: Wish(egg bred), Yawn(egg bred), Ice Beam, Scald

4)
    Luxray:
    Male
    Adamant nature
    Alert to sound
    Ability: Intimidate
    Move set: Howl(egg bred), Fire fang, Thunder, Crunch

5)
    Who do you think?

6)
    Who do you think?

Any help to chose the last two pokemon would be amazing!
    Thanks!!!

Vaporeon@Leftovers/Mystic Water/Never Melt Ice
    -Ice Beam
    -Surf
    -Rain Dance
    -Hidden Power
    This is a great in game sweeper to my knowledge

Luxray
    -Crunch
    -Thunderbolt
    -Ice Fang
    -Hidden Power
    This is an average mixed sweeper

Latios can be a calm mind abuser

Latios@Soul Dew
    -Calm Mind
    -Ice Beam
    -Thunderbolt
    -Psychic

I would get rid of Latias or Latios and just give it the basic latias/latios moveset I gave above, I say this because there is no reason to have both on your team.

Now lets put in another 2 Pokemon for you.

Let's cover Vaporeon's weakness to Electicity and her weakness to grass.

Tyranitar
    -Earthquake
    -Dragon Dance
    -Fire Punch
    -Crunch
    This is your physical sweeper

Infernape@Expert Belt
    -Nasty Plot
    -Flamethrower/Fire Blast
    -Focus Blast
    -Hidden Power
    This will be your special sweeper, I see you needed a fire type since some of your team is weak to grass.
    Last edited by ((JAWS)); 22nd March 2013 at 2:13 AM.
    All credit for this banner goes to Red's Mount Silver Art Shop at Bulbagarden

Thank you so much! Its a huge help!

No problem it's what I do
    All credit for this banner goes to Red's Mount Silver Art Shop at Bulbagarden

Er, I gotta disagree on Latios' set. Keep Dragon Pulse on Latios; it has far better coverage than Psychic, and should almost always be considered as your main STAB attack (the almost being due to competition from Draco Meteor for certain sets, but in game don't worry about that). Considering only Steels resist it, you can pretty much spam it with reckless abandon, only needing to use other attacks if they deal Super-effective damage on the targets. Though it is correct to have only one of Latios/Latias and not both. Go for Latios for the added offensive presence, as Latias' superior bulk is largely inconsequential in-game.

With those two suggestions Jaws gave you though, your team has a huge vulnerability to Earthquakes, considering only Latios can take them (even though Vaporeon will beat most ground types 1v1, it doesn't appreciate eating Earthquakes due to its low defense). You could try Gliscor, who's got an immunity to both Ground and Electric, and if you go with the Tyranitar suggestion, then Gliscor appreciates the Sandstorm fueling his Sand Veil.

Something along the lines of...

Gliscor
    Sand Veil
    -Swords Dance
    -Earthquake
    -Stone Edge
    -X-Scissor/Ice Fang/Fly (if you're one of the people who really want to have something with Fly, otherwise I wouldn't recommend it as I personally hate the move)
    Last edited by KillerDraco; 22nd March 2013 at 11:37 PM.
    I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

Yeah, seconding Dragon Pulse.

Wynaut just use MixApe with Fire Blast / Close Combat / Stone Edge / Grass Knot. It's better than Special Ape for the most part, as you won't rely on Focus Miss.
    I'm feelin' electric tonight
    Cruising down the coast goin' 'bout 99
    Got my bad baby by my heavenly side
    I know if I go, I'll die happy tonight