Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else glad they included the GB sounds?

Default Anyone else glad they included the GB sounds?

I'm glad that they did, after all these years that i had spent playing Pokemon Crystal, the music of the game came to mean a lot to me not to mention enhance my experience that I had with the game. To me, there is nothing like walking into Azalea Town and hearing that sweet Nostalgia that is bestowed upon you as you remember the good ol' days of Crystal, Gold and Silver where the only thing that matter to you was making sure that you had enough batteries for your gameboy for this weekends Pokemon trade or battle with your friends. what are your thoughts on the matter?

I found GBA sounds a novel addition, but i never used it much.
    I always prefered the newer sounds, rather then the scratchy retro sounds of the past.
    Although this may come out of me never playing gen 1+2 games, but eh
    [img]http://i41.*******.com/2m2fivq.png[/img]
    Lovely Art by Equal-to-Heaven
    Join the Pokemon Anime Style Battling League!
    |PASBL|FB|Manga|A little something to watch|Art|
    [img]http://i42.*******.com/2lw4umr.gif[/img]

I thought it was a nice feature, even if I didn't use it that much. Only if I wanted to try and remember how it was when I played the original games, which wasn't very often. There were a few remade tracks I didn't like, so the GB Sounds allowed me to listen to the originals which I in some cases liked better. I also liked how they gave the new music in the games chiptune tracks, like on Route 47/48.
    This is the future we made for ourselves
    But is it really the dream we wanted to live in?

The present has to be treated as precious
    Or we will regret it when it has become the past...

I thought it was a nice touch. I never really used it though, unless I wanted to specifically hear certain tracks in 8-bit.
    even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other. There are two sides to any argument. Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some thought.
    ^ This is the reason why I like arguing. If I come off as standoffish or overly angry in an argument, don't worry. I'm probably having the time of my life. Whether I agree with them or not, the pokemon fandom has a lot of different opinions, and I love how nobody is afraid to share them.

Quote Originally Posted by Plus side down side View Post
    I thought it was a nice touch. I never really used it though, unless I wanted to specifically hear certain tracks in 8-bit.
    This pretty much. The music really sounds better remastered on the DS, the only time I really used the old sounds was in Lavender Town for some nostalgia shivers.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner!

I think it's great that they added it.
    It's like having a mini time machine in your Key Items pocket, but as others here have said, the HGSS music is actually quite nice!

I'm glad there are those of us that liked it. I liked being able to revert to it as well if i didnt like the remastered versions of the tunes. I especially liked it in the towns where I really enjoyed the tunes when I first heard them such as some of my favourite towns like Azalea town or Saffron city. I must ask you all, what of the battle music? did you enjoy the newer battle music that still was reminiscent of the old ones?

I thought it was wonderful at first, but after using it for a few hours, I quickly got tired of it. The old G/S/C music just didn't suit the remakes imo. That may be because Game Freak had to re-compose the tracks and changed some things around (kind of ironic since they were supposed to be the originals). Regardless, I don't use the GB Sounds anymore.

I tried it but I didnt really use it. And I only tried to listen some of my fave old tracks.
    Neat, but not really important like shiny leaf and most of the stuff in the game. :/
    X FC: Cutty 2449 6004 1037
    The Trinity League Poison Apprentice Master League Shadow Stars League Poison Leader
    PokeGyms Fairy Leader

Spoiler:- Credits:

Quote Originally Posted by thetifftiff
    Amount of real life time doesn't mean much when it comes to shiny hunting though.

It was a great addition. I can finally listen to my good old tracks.

Ahh, nostalgia.

I put a lot of hours into my Gold Version and was heartbroken when the battery gave way during sometime in Gen 3.

Listening to the old 8-bit tracks really brings me back. I'm obsessed with the opening of the Violet City track.
    3DS FC: 3926 5164 7887 Name: Brady

DotA 2 Enthusiast

Even though I never had access to the originals I still loved the GB sounds to see what they sounded like back then.
    Shiny Count: 50

Thanks Eeveelover824 for the animated banner!

Thanks Fairywitch for the button!

I gotta say that it was a really good addition to the game. I never played the original games but it's pretty nice to hear what they sounded like before they got remakes.
    - Nate the

I didn't play the originals so the nostalgia factor wasn't there for me but it was still quite interesting to listen to, especially to relieve the boredom when grinding or hatching eggs.

I actually didnt notice it until like a year after i got the game, but now i use it every time i play lol, had gold, silver, and crystal, so it made me feel at home
    ALL OFFERS IN MY SHOP
    My Shop: http://is.gd/SurfingTotodileTradeShop

Soulsilver FC: 2924 8936 3941
    Hours:460
    Personal Shinies:
    The one that got away:
    Online Battles (Win/Lose): 3/0
    Trades (not necassarily online): 382

I haven't ever noticed it before, but yes, it's a nice feature. I approve it.

Totally.

After I got it, I had it on the whole time. Never had it off. I'm a total nostagia fan, and I love listening to the originals. Makes me feel like I'm 10 years old again.
    Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Unova Champion

† I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Defiantly! It was a remake after all and they wanted to keep the game almost the same as the original by including the awesome feature!

It's a cool thing to have in the game but I never had any of the 2nd generation games so I don't find myself using it that often

ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?? GB sounds was one of my selected items
    Tonight, I wanna dance with someone else ~

GB sounds? Best idea game freak have ever had. The first thing I did when I put in my soul silver was turn on GB sounds. Since I've never played Pokemon on game boy it was actually facinating. My cousin really wants me to tell her how to get it.

The GB-Player (or GB-sounds) is one of my aims in SoulSilver, which I have to achieve!
    It is very nice of Game Freak to include this item because on the one hand, you can remember the times, when you played Silver, Gold or Crystal; on the other hand, those ones,
    which do not like the 'old' sound, can listen to the new one.

I was actually glad they included the GB sounds. It was like listening to music from the old games again, although its sound is slightly different from the original.

I actually have to try to get the GB sounds again in my SoulSilver game. And when I do, I will probably tune in and listen to the nostalgic sounds.

Credit: Blood Red Absol

3DS Friend Code: 2681-0769-5068
    Name: Misa
    Friend Safari: Dragon (Gabite, Noibat, Sliggoo)

Yes it is one of my favorite features.
    The world needs more weird people who know how things work and who love to figure it all out.
    Being different is not a crime, and people who tell you it is are just jealous that you've picked up a skill they never in their wildest dreams could acquire.
    You can code. They cannot. That is pretty dang cool.
    ~Zed Shaw

The GB Sounds item is one of my favourite features in the game and I'm so glad that they included it. I absolutely love that we can have our Pokemon follow along with us and I really hope that Game Freak include the option to do in X and Y.
    My shiny Pokemon:
    111 eggs (Also my 649th Pokemon) 194 eggs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast