Page 2 of 69 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: "Unloved" Pokemon

I feel like people overlook Beautifly and Dustox. And a lot of the other Hoenn Pokemon that aren't legendaries. Personally I love every Pokemon and use them all.

Quote Originally Posted by FullMetalAlchemist View Post
    Raichu doesn't get much love because it is so underused as many like me refuse to evolve their Pikachu just like Ash. Raichu is pretty cute for a fully evolved Pokemon.
    I Love the entire family! i think the only time a pikachu would evolve in a pokemon game because its too weak, would be in PMD.

Pichu doesnt get as much love as either one of them D:
    [IMG]http://oi42.*******.com/no61ic.jpg[/IMG]

Credits to FairyWitch for the buttons and Sworn Metalhead for the Userbar!

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrius View Post
    Glaceon has been neglected do many times, and those who do not know of his great defenses suffer dearly! >:* D
    Yet it's shafted due its poor Speed, typing and exposed to threats like Sawk, Rampardos, Rapidash, Flareon, etc. I still like Glaceon regardless though.

Quote Originally Posted by trident20 View Post
    i think people dont really like alomomola
    Personally the sole reason is probably because most were hyped and though she would be a Luvdisc evolution yet they aren't related in any circumstance.

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Raspberyl View Post
    Preach it, Glaceon pwns all! D8 *highfives*
    Not really but NU or VGC trick Room Hail.
    I love the Tepig line, but I think it's severely unloved compared to Snivy and Oshawott. ;~;
    IMO, I think the Oshawott line is more shafted just as the Tepig line do to the disliking of Samurott by other fans and more love of Dewott then Oshawott. Tepig's hate is pretty straightforward, because of its Fire/Fightinh typing upon evolution. I don't see nothing wrong with Emboar's typing since its origin is what makes it Fire/Fighting and it works quite differently from Infernape and Blaziken.
    Last edited by Dragalge; 22nd March 2013 at 4:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Raspberyl View Post
    Preach it, Glaceon pwns all! D8 *highfives*
    I love the Tepig line, but I think it's severely unloved compared to Snivy and Oshawott. ;~;
    i love oshawott the most but i started out with tepig, so i could get the grass monkey

Quote Originally Posted by FullMetalAlchemist View Post
    Raichu doesn't get much love because it is so underused as many like me refuse to evolve their Pikachu just like Ash. Raichu is pretty cute for a fully evolved Pokemon.
    Blame the Light Ball for that, too.

Farfetch'd is pretty much the poster child for unloved, since it's outclassed by pretty much every other normal/flying type in existence. There's a reason no one uses it.
    Competitive/IGRMT Mod and one of the writers for the PotW.

I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by your boss View Post
    Yet it's shafted due its poor Speed, typing and exposed to threats like Sawk, Rampardos, Rapidash, Flareon, etc. I still like Glaceon regardless though.

Personally the sole reason is probably because most were hyped and though she would be a Luvdisc evolution yet they aren't related in any circumstance.

Not really but NU or VGC trick Room Hail.

IMO, I think the Oshawott line is more shafted just as the Tepig line do to the disliking of Samurott by other fans and more love of Dewott then Oshawott. Tepig's hate is pretty straightforward, because of its Fire/Fightinh typing upon evolution. I don't see nothing wrong with Emboar's typing since its origin is what makes it Fire/Fighting and it works quite differently from Infernape and Blaziken.
    Actually you are dead wrong about Glaceon. it has actually saved me plenty of times due to people underestimating it and using the smogon set that cripples him like dog getting his legs chopped off and tied to a pole.

Quote Originally Posted by KillerDraco View Post
    Farfetch'd is pretty much the poster child for unloved, since it's outclassed by pretty much every other normal/flying type in existence. There's a reason no one uses it.
    i like him
    and typhlosion gets no credit for being the only full fire type starter

Actually you are dead wrong about Glaceon. it has actually saved me plenty of times due to people underestimating it and using the smogon set that cripples him like dog getting his legs chopped off and tied to a pole.
    Just because you won a X amount of battles doesn't mean it's automatically good. It's been tested and it's a worst Kyurem by the general consensus of the competitive scene. By this logic, I win an OU battle with a Jynx claims that it's OU.

Quote Originally Posted by HetaOni View Post
    I've never seen any Manectric lovers other than myself. Manectric is like my signature Pokemon and I feel like it doesn't get nearly as much attention as other Pokemon like it.
    Manectric is one of my favs of Generation 3, everything about it is so cool! it's a shame it's not loved more

On other pokemon though, Luxray, Gigalith, Vanilluxe and Walrein are some of my favs that I feel need more love I mean pwning a person with an Icecream would feel so satisfying.
    Shinies:

4/13/2013 (White 2)
    5/23/2014 (X)

Friend Safari: Electric

Friend Code: 5301-0406-9359
    PM me first!!!

Speaking of ice types, glalie is a pkmn I loved using since it arrived in gen 3 (getting moody from the dream world in gen 5 only made it better imo).
    ~Currently own all gen 6 games, Old-school DS: (4597-0364-2569) New-school/Battlin' DS: (4055-5677-3071), current 6th gen UU record: 56W/0L/4D
    NXT fan, non-OU tier supporter, speed-breeder, and steam enthusiast.
        Spoiler:- Current Gen 6 shinies:

I'm sure we all remember Qwilifish!... right?

Quote Originally Posted by Phenomental1ty View Post
    I'm sure we all remember Qwilifish!... right?
    Are you kidding me?! Qwilifish is Awesome! hes one of THE best hazard setters in the game!

Are you kidding me?! Qwilifish is Awesome! hes one of THE best hazard setters in the game!
    dat intimidate poison type
    toxic spiker

dat intimidate poison type
    toxic spiker
    Exactly!hes one of the most used pokemon in the lower tiers.

anyome heard of this pokemon called arbok? me neither.

Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    I think octillery is underloved. It's an awesome type and an octopus .
    Octillery is always me water HM Slave. I carry it everywhere and love it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampy View Post
    I don't know, I feel this may have to do with how you don't have to trade to get it.

Nintendo needs to give Flareon some more love.
    Flareon is adorable, as is the other Eeveevolutions.
    Glaceon has been neglected do many times, and those who do not know of his great defenses suffer dearly! >:* D
    Glaceon is actually one of my favorite Pokemon, and though competitively it's not so popular, a lot of people like it because it's cute.
    Quote Originally Posted by HetaOni View Post
    I've never seen any Manectric lovers other than myself. Manectric is like my signature Pokemon and I feel like it doesn't get nearly as much attention as other Pokemon like it.
    Any canine Pokemon is awesome in my book. Especially wolves. Wolves are awesome.
    i like him
    and typhlosion gets no credit for being the only full fire type starter
    If I'm just playing for fun then I always choose Typhlosion as my starter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkerion Moonshadow View Post
    Manectric is one of my favs of Generation 3, everything about it is so cool! it's a shame it's not loved more

On other pokemon though, Luxray, Gigalith, Vanilluxe and Walrein are some of my favs that I feel need more love I mean pwning a person with an Icecream would feel so satisfying.
    Again, canines.

But Vanilluxe is awesome and totally not ice cream.

Quote Originally Posted by Fearless123 View Post
    There are many unloved pokemon. Poor weak NU and RU pokemon... at least your good enough for in-game teams.
    Strong pokemon get more love... even though they're really messed up in term of look, e.g. Garchomp, Heatran...
    If the pokemon are weak but good looking, they also still can win some fans...
    But if they're totally a pest like Unown, zubat... *sigh* I dont even recall theres a trainer in the game who uses Unown...
    X FC: Cutty 2449 6004 1037

Wee... Poison slide at my gym...

Pokegyms Fairy Leader

Credit to Astral Shadow for the userbar and Kida-Ookami for the badge.

I for one think that Maractus should get more love. It has crazy high special attack for a cactus. My Maractus is actually one of my best pokemon on my current Black 2 file. Krookidile is another Pokemon that doesn't seem to get much love in my opinion. Just like my Maractus my Krookidile is another one my best Pokemon.

I was coming here to say Qwilfish, but I'm glad that someone beat me to it. Puffer love!

I tend to forget that Xatu exists. The only X Pokemon, other than the new guy Xerneas. I remember doing a Pokemon alphabet with my friend, seeing how many we could get, and we got to X and just sat there. Literally five or six hours later, I yell "XATU!" And he responds with "Oh yeah, that thing."
        Spoiler:- My Blog and Friend Codes:
    My Shinies:

I have many friends who hate Dunsparce because it's crappy as a Pokemon, but personally I like it. Sure, it's not good in-game but I think it's design is cute...

Please call me Ty or Bro

Current hunts

Tepig ~ Oshawott ~ Squirtle
    White ~ JPN Black 2 ~ FireRed
    53 SRs ~ ??? SRs ~ 218 SRs

Eevee
    White 2
    90 eggs

Cacturne and Armaldo anyone?
    Last edited by Ampy; 22nd March 2013 at 12:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bro View Post
    I have many friends who hate Dunsparce because it's crappy as a Pokemon, but personally I like it. Sure, it's not good in-game but I think it's design is cute...
    I love Dunsparce; it's my third-favorite Pokémon, and it's actually pretty decent in battle. It makes for one hell of a paraflincher.
    Last edited by Endolise; 24th March 2013 at 6:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    I love Dunsparce; it's my third-favorite Pokémon, and it's actually pretty decent in battle. It makes for one hell of a paraflincher.
    Dunsparce was amazing up through third gen. A great Pokemon though it may still be, Togekiss has, unfortunately, surpassed it in every way. Poor thing...
        Spoiler:- My Blog and Friend Codes:
    My Shinies:

Unloved Pokémon? Garbodor. I am probably one of the few that appreciate this Pokémon and realize its design isn't unoriginal in any way.

To be fair, a lot (if not all) inorganic Pokémon aren't really well appreciated, people seem to be more fond of dog/cat/dragon-based Pokémon (and that is perfectly fine and understandable).
    Last edited by Nyarlathotep; 22nd March 2013 at 12:26 PM.

I was expecting someone mentioning luvdisc, because of its love concept. Ah, well, there goes a wasted irony moment.

For me it's Jynx that's not loved. He doesn't look that good and as his name implies... you know... he's a jynx!
    "Nothing is impossible to a willing heart." value point distribution

Page 2 of 69 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast