Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What is your style of playing?

Default What is your style of playing?

Do you train only your starter and rush through the game?

Or do you like to meticulously and lovingly train all you carefully selected pokemon to the Elite Four?

What is your style of playing? Post below ^^
    [img]http://i41.*******.com/2m2fivq.png[/img]
    Lovely Art by Equal-to-Heaven
    Join the Pokemon Anime Style Battling League!
    |PASBL|FB|Manga|A little something to watch|Art|
    [img]http://i42.*******.com/2lw4umr.gif[/img]

I train all my Pokemon equally. I never rush though the game, when I was a kid though I kind of did. :P But nowadays, I level up all my Pokemon equally. I never like to have one party member many levels ahead of the other party members. I train all types, and have a party of different types. I'm not a water only trainer, or a fire only trainer ect. I put a lot of hours into training for example, I am currently training for my 4th Gym badge. Your going down Elesa!
    Last edited by NintendoFan82; 21st March 2013 at 8:57 PM.

My Friend Code for my 3ds! My friend Safari Type is Poison
    1693 1038 1902

I used to overtrain my starter when I was younger, but I've started training my pokemon equally when I first bought platinum
    FC: 1332-8918-6873
    Credit: AstralShadow (userbar) & Kida-Ookami (badge) & SwornMetalhead (symbol)

step 1 get a better pokemon than my weak starter (1 that covers your starters weaknesses)
    step 2 overtrain it
    step 3 overtrain your starter
    step 4 beat your game.
    My fc: 4871 5236 8426

Dare to battle me?

I'm back

I used to over train my starter but changed over sometime, (I think it was Diamond). I always try to keep them equal. 2 over or 2 under of the average level is where my Pokemon are usual at.
    *Insert Some Cool Image Here*

I've always trained my teams evenly, even when I was younger. Pokémon has just always seemed to make sense to me since I played through one of the games for the first times, back in 2006.
    Got my copy of X!

I also used to over train my starter and then rest of my team pretty much sucked. Now I try my best to train them evenly and I don't even need to have HM slave in my team in BW/2.

Please call me Ty or Bro

Current hunts

Tepig ~ Oshawott ~ Squirtle
    White ~ JPN Black 2 ~ FireRed
    53 SRs ~ ??? SRs ~ 218 SRs

Eevee
    White 2
    90 eggs

I used to train only my starter when I was younger and I used to love cheats. Now I swore to get shinies and the best pokemon possible through completely legitimate means and train a rounded team.

Currently I'm building a team with all my favorite pokemon by first IV breeding them for at least 4 Perfect IVs and then EV training them to enter the PWT and Black Tower and Wi-Fi events and such :P I'm new to all this serious pokemon stuff and it's so much fun.
    Looking for Flawless Snorunt EGG and Flawless DW Dratini EGG. Can offer flawless shinies and a few other things. Message me.

I usully try to plan my team beforehand and then start building it around my starter. I try to level up my team equally and keep them round them the same level.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner!

My style is attack attack attack attack with a little bit of attack i dont do status like sleep etc. my dragons smash people to pieces lol

In my main game of a generation I usually train a whole team, in the "mule" games I just train my starter.
    My playstyle is very offensive and fast. I don't usually bother with stat changing moves or status ailments, unless it's the side effect of an offensive move.
    Ash nazg durbatulűk, ash nazg gimbatul,
    ash nazg thrakatulűk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakuma
    No morals for you evolutionists.
    Please avoid saying things like that.

I usually plan team around my starter before hand and train those guys only. The only way for a pokemon to make it into my team after I decide it would be if I find a shiny. other than that it is attack attack attack.

I always plan my team ahead of time. I make sure I know what routes I can get the Pokemon I want on and then I train them all equally so that they're always all at the same level as a team. I hate not having a team with balanced levels.
    [IMG]http://i49.*******.com/15gwhg5.png[/IMG]
    Follow me: Tumblr | Twitter

I train my Pokemon equally to the point of obsession. Unless I'm facing a gym leader in which I only have one Pokemon good against it, I will always put the lowest level Pokemon up front, and levels rarely deviate by more than 1.

As I go through the region, I'll usually just look up the Pokemon on that route, and decide if I want anything from there. It just feels too boring to plan my team out in advance, as if it ruins the mystery of the game. I still can't get over the possibility that I might miss one of my favorite Pokemon or something, so I use this as a compromise.

I almost always have equal level teams that are balanced, Except in gold when I had a super over powered sandslash.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

umm well i tend to rush through the game (when i got black 2 it only took 2.8 hours worth of playing to beat) but starting on X and Y im just going to take it slow and just catch a team of ma favorite pokes and just enjoy it =P

Cred to Astral Shadow for banner
    ASB TL 1, 17 TP
    Play MLG Smash Bros? Contact me @Tythaeus to schedule a match. :]

I train a whole team of Pokemon instead of just one (which would probably be a starter). I used to do it the other way, but changed my style of playing sometime in third generation. I prefer having a whole team at even levels as it gives better diversity in battles. It also allows the members of the team to cover each others weaknesses, as opposed to only training one Pokemon which might have trouble dealing with types it is weak against.
    We both break free if we make it on top
    If one should fall we both will drop

We move together from here on out
    What you need is what I'm about

Quote Originally Posted by zombieoverkill12 View Post
    umm well i tend to rush through the game (when i got black 2 it only took 2.8 hours worth of playing to beat) but starting on X and Y im just going to take it slow and just catch a team of ma favorite pokes and just enjoy it =P
    2.8 hours? Did you have all like level 50 pokemon to start with?
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

I like the Nuzlocke approach and I don't bother with the competitive battling scene.

As far as training goes, I generally try to keep the levels of my Pokemon slightly above what I'm up against and I generally try to make sure the team is about the same level, save for the HM slaves.

When I was younger I just completely forgot about the rest of my team and only used them as a backup when my starter, whcih was the only one I used, fainted and had to be revived. Now I usually have a target for my Pokemon to reach, like when one gets to level 30, for example, I train another, and then another, and another until all are level 30 and then I re-use the one I started with and give a new target.

I'm weird :P
    [IMG]http://i43.*******.com/otn79k.png[/IMG]

I pick my starter, for example, the Water type. I then catch a Grass Pokemon and a Fire Pokemon to form a core of the main types. Electric types and Dark types are next, just because I love those types. I have one spot left on my team, and that goes to a Flying type(usually the regional bird), just because of stupid HM Fly. I nickname all of my Pokemon, and train them equally. My rule is, all my Pokemon cannot be more than three levels apart from each other, if that makes any sense. My Pokemon should preferably be a few levels higher than whatever Gym Leader I'm facing. I also don't use HM slaves, except in the beginning of the game when I need to teach something HM Cut.
    Last edited by Räven; 21st March 2013 at 11:03 PM.

I have all of my Pokemon within 3 levels of eachother, with my starter being the strongest by at least one level. For example my current team is:

Emboar: Level 64
    Bisharp (powerhouse): Level 63
    Nidoking: Level 63
    Leavanny: Level 62
    Rhyperior: Level 62
    Zoroark (shiny): Level 63

All my pokes are relitavely around the same level, i also used to be hyper offensive with little to no set-up and no hazards, but after training a DD haxorus and a toxic spikes drapion (which helped me loads during my playthrough) i learned the value of hazards and setting up

I used to overtrain my starter (Beat emerald with just Blaziken) but now I train a full team :P Takes longer but is worth it.

Witness my sickness

I have a friend who caught a Meowth and just rushed through the game with that, but I carefully train my Pokemon. I transfer Pokemon over so that I get a full team of Pokemon I really like instead of having a starter that I'm just rushing through the game with alongside its best friend the level three Pidgey.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast