Thread: Platinum ingame RMT

Default Platinum ingame RMT

Feel like taking some dust off Platinum while waiting for gen VI...
    Just using a bunch of stuff I never tried out, team might change and I need a sixth, but not sure on what to use yet.
    Also about held items, I'm near clueless on what you find and when, so any suggestion is appreciated.

Infernape @???
    Naive/Hasty nature
    Blaze

Fire Blast
    Close Combat
    Grass Knot
    U-Turn

Nothing special, I'd go pure physical but I don't like Flare Blitz recoil ingame. U-Turn cause I play on Set and it comes in handy.

Golem @???
    Adamant/Jolly nature
    Rock Head

Rock Polish
    Earthquake
    Rock Blast/Stone Edge
    Stealth Rock/Double Edge

With RP it's fast enough to outspeed a lot of stuff and Rock/Ground STAB sounds appealing. Last move is just a filler.

Gyarados @???
    Adamant nature
    Intimidate

Dragon Dance
    Waterfall
    Return/???
    Ice Fang/???

Never had the chance to try Gyarados ingame past gen I. Not sure about the coverage moves though.

Scizor @???
    Adamant nature
    Technician

Bullet Punch
    Bug Bite/X-Scissor
    Brick Break/???
    Swords Dance/???

Again something I was curious to try out. Bug Bite if I'll bother using HGSS tutors. And again not sure about what to use on the last two slots.

Froslass @???
    Modest/Timid nature
    Snow Cloak

Ice Beam
    Shadow Ball
    Thunderbolt
    Psychic/Thunder Wave/???

Always get a fast Ice type to outspeed and OHKO Cynthia's Garchomp before he poops all over my team. I usually pick up Weavile but my team is mostly physical so yeah.

Need a sixth, and if something will be replaced it's probably gonna be Gyarados (I usually pick Empoleon as a starter, and other water types don't look that appealing). I was gonna pick Roserade then I remembered that this is not gen V and Giga Drain only has 60 BP, but I'm still considering it. Any suggestions?

Since Golem's ability is Rock Head, you should go with DE for the last move. SR is almost useless in-game anyway.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Stick Earthquake or Stone Edge on Gyarados in favor of Return. It depends on what you want to hit a little harder; Electric, Poison, and Steels will take more damage from Earthquake, but flying, bug, and ice will take more from Stone Edge. Alternatively you can drop Ice Fang and run both SE and EQ, although that'll leave you hitting dragons and grass types with less power. You can't cover everything, so it largely comes down to preference.

Bug Bite over X-Scissor on Scizor, always. Technician makes it so Bug Bite is actually stronger, plus having the additional effect of eating berries, and more PP to boot. There's literally no reason to use X-Scissor on Scizor since Bug Bite is just better in every way. Swords Dance is a given as well, no need for any other options.
    Last edited by KillerDraco; 23rd March 2013 at 5:39 AM.
    I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

If Scizor going to use Swords Dance, then i strongly suggest Roost on last slot. I dont think i need to explain, really.
    After 2 SDs, all you want to do is "stay on the field" as much as you can, Roost helps in that. Also, Scizor can run Life Orb as its main item, if you use SD-Scizor. But again, i strongly suggest you to use Roost on Scizor. In preference, over Brick Break.
    The reason is; what is immune to Bullet Punch, that appears in-game? What IS immune to Bullet Punch? Can a Bullet Punch OH/2HKOs most threats? Solving those questions, you might have your "answer" to a "perfect" Scizor Set.
    The Black Mages!

Thanks to Flower Paradise Graphics for the awesome Banner and the Profile Picture!

Quote Originally Posted by TanBun View Post
    No. i don't nickname them. looks idiot
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Blockhead View Post
    You've GOT to nickname your Pokemon. They're your bros. In arms. In combat. In friendship.

If you have access to Platinum, Fire Punch gives you some good coverage alongside Earthquake.

@Ana - If you want to use Roost, get rid of Bug Bite as with Dual STAB you're walled by most Steel Types. Muscle Band should be alright for the Item.

Check the Hidden Power on Froslass. If it's Hidden Power [Fight], use it in favor of Psychic.
    I'm feelin' electric tonight
    Cruising down the coast goin' 'bout 99
    Got my bad baby by my heavenly side
    I know if I go, I'll die happy tonight

Quote Originally Posted by Ana_Julía View Post
    If Scizor going to use Swords Dance, then i strongly suggest Roost on last slot. I dont think i need to explain, really.
    After 2 SDs, all you want to do is "stay on the field" as much as you can, Roost helps in that. Also, Scizor can run Life Orb as its main item, if you use SD-Scizor. But again, i strongly suggest you to use Roost on Scizor. In preference, over Brick Break.
    The reason is; what is immune to Bullet Punch, that appears in-game? What IS immune to Bullet Punch? Can a Bullet Punch OH/2HKOs most threats? Solving those questions, you might have your "answer" to a "perfect" Scizor Set.
    Why would you even use 2 SDs? Scizor is already pretty much able to demolish most things with a single SD, barring steel types, and you typically waste more time than you save doing a second one. If you give up Brick Break, then Roost isn't going to help you stay in; it's going to force you out because you can't do anything at all to Steel types. Scizor needs a fighting type move to function in an offensive role; Roost on the other hand is optional. Plus, this is in-game; Scizor appreciates the extra coverage more than the healing from Roost since you have access to items, barring the Battle Frontier (which there was no declaration of intention for). Scizor really could use the extra coverage since its STABs have a few holes in their coverage.

Anyway, as for a 6th, your team does have enough coverage to handle most relevant threats you're going to run into. You've got the Gyms, your Rival, Elite Four, and Champion handled, coverage wise. You're also at the point where most of the better Pokemon in Platinum you could choose for your team are going to result in a slight overlap of typing. The only things I could think of that wouldn't have a type overlap would be Snorlax, Porygon-Z, and Alakazam. None of which give you any coverage that you need. I suppose that last slot could always be for an HM slave most of the time, too.
    I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

Thanks for the help so far.
    I bred a male Calm Roseila with Sleep Powder, will do as a sixth. So far Sleep Powder/Leech Seed/Giga Drain are working good, will probably get Sludge Bomb for Grass types.
    Probably gonna go with Strength on Golem then teach it Double Edge for the E4. Rock moves' low accuracy already annoyed me, so I'll get a reliable filler move for when I can't just spam EQ. And yes, I'm avoiding the "better" pokemon on purpose 'cause I would else end up with the same team everytime.
    And about Scizor, at the moment I'm just using Rock Smash, Bug Bite, Wing Attack and Pursuit and it's still a Scyther. Swords Dance is learned lategame so I won't worry about it for a while and my team lacking both a Surf and a Fly user limits the amount of HM slaves I can use so spreading HM moves is working so far for me.

Still not fond of Gyarados, probably cause I usually always pick Empoleon at the start... Water types in this game are disappointing. All the subpar water/ground, all the subpar water/flying, then Lumineon and uhm Milotic (which I used a lot and don't really wanna pick again) don't offer much of a choice, so I guess I'll just stick with it. Any suggestion for a replacement (possibly a surf slave special attacker, but not necessarily, and not necessarily a water type as well D: )?

You can just use a HM Slave like Tropius, otherwise Raichu might be alright with Thunderbolt / Grass Knot / Thunder Wave / Focus Blast (as it isn't use much). If you can check it's Hidden Power and it's anything other than Grass, Dragon, Poison, Fighting, Electric or Steel use it > Thunder Wave.
    I'm feelin' electric tonight
    Cruising down the coast goin' 'bout 99
    Got my bad baby by my heavenly side
    I know if I go, I'll die happy tonight