Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: What's your Pokeproblem?

Quote Originally Posted by *~Silver*~ View Post
    Oshawott is actually my least favorite of the Unova starters, but I can't call the people who like it because of their in-game experience with it those who like just another overrated Pokemon. If that's what the Oshawott fan-base were like then I wouldn't call it overrated. However, it seems to me that a lot of fans say they like it because it's "super cute". The reason they think it's super cute is because it's always being drawn in chibi, which I think is an overused art style anyway. The only thing I see truly cute about Oshawott alone are it's freckles. However, Samurott is an awesome Pokemon, and I told my friend to name her's Neptune after the Roman name for Poseidon, the god of the sea.

My favorite of the Unova starters is Snivy. While many call Snivy overrated I don't quite think it is. The concept is really cool, demonstrating the theory that snakes used to, possibly, have arms and legs before evolving in what they are today. Snivy was unique in that concept because most starter Pokemon's concept was only in the final evolution, rather than in Snivy, where it involved the entire evolution line. Snivy also has proven to have very good speed and attack stats. So it's a Pokemon I like to use in-game as well. So, I can't call Snivy overrated, but I can very much call Smugleaf overrated. I'm sorry, but "Smugleaf" was just dumb and I can't believe that was how Snivy's reputation started out.

However, Tepig is awesome and is by far my favorite Fire/Fighting starter to use. Blaziken is broken, Infernape is a copy-paste unbroken version of Blaziken and Emboar is different than them both. Plus, Emboar is a pig, and, in my opinion, pigs are cooler than mutant chickens and monkeys combined.
    So basically, my argument for Emboar is mostly personal stuff without much solid evidence, but I can't bring myself to say I even care. I like Emboar more than the other two, and that's that.
    Either way, another Fire/Fighting starter and I'll face-desk myself to death.
    We both have opposite views on our two favorite starters, this debate is getting interesting...

Well I am not a big fan of Emboar, I find Infernape as my favorite fire/fighter. But I don't see why Blaziken should be in the uber tier all because of it's speed boost ability. Sure he's good and all, but not the greatest pokémon. He's only that big of a threat if you let him set up swords dance, banded, or carries a gem. Almost any ground, water, flying, and rock type move is good enough to take him out. When I got banned from a xat chat because I used a Blaziken on my team (didn't know about the hidden ability then) I went on a 30 minute rant about why he shouldn't be in ubers Yet I forgot most of my claims on why
    FC: 1332-8918-6873
    Credit: AstralShadow (userbar) & Kida-Ookami (badge) & SwornMetalhead (symbol)

Quote Originally Posted by SuperDaikenki View Post
    We both have opposite views on our two favorite starters, this debate is getting interesting...

Well I am not a big fan of Emboar, I find Infernape as my favorite fire/fighter. But I don't see why Blaziken should be in the uber tier all because of it's speed boost ability. Sure he's good and all, but not the greatest pokémon. He's only that big of a threat if you let him set up swords dance, banded, or carries a gem. Almost any ground, water, flying, and rock type move is good enough to take him out. When I got banned from a xat chat because I used a Blaziken on my team (didn't know about the hidden ability then) I went on a 30 minute rant about why he shouldn't be in ubers Yet I forgot most of my claims on why
    He's a pretty good Pokemon because of those speed stats, and I would call him a broken Pokemon. However, whenever I look at him I still think, "Odd mutant chicken".

He's a pretty good Pokemon because of those speed stats, and I would call him a broken Pokemon. However, whenever I look at him I still think, "Odd mutant chicken".
    Blaziken is good, but not that great. I don't care what anyone says, Samurott should be in at least RU. He has decent defenses and has a good attack and special attack which makes him a good mixed attacker. Both life orb set for more power, and the leftovers/swords dance set which provides good bulk and good attack. Don't even bring Feraligatr into this, Feraligatr was broken from the beginning, yet I just beat a d dance feraligatr w/ my Samurott. (If only he didn't ragequit >_<)

Losing my Crobat against Clair in HG due to a crit while doing a nuzlocke.

Same nuzlocke but earlier, Topgei using Explosion on a Hopip because of Metronome, failed to faint the Hopip even.

Blaziken is good, but not that great. I don't care what anyone says, Samurott should be in at least RU. He has decent defenses and has a good attack and special attack which makes him a good mixed attacker. Both life orb set for more power, and the leftovers/swords dance set which provides good bulk and good attack. Don't even bring Feraligatr into this, Feraligatr was broken from the beginning, yet I just beat a d dance feraligatr w/ my Samurott. (If only he didn't ragequit >_<)
    Samurott is a good Pokemon, and Feraligatr is horribly overrated, same as Charizard.
    Why is it that no matter which generation it's in there's always that one starter that has a ton of popularity for a dumb reason? Of course, there are people who like that Pokemon for real reasons, but there's always something silly that makes everyone like one of the three starters. With Charizard and Feraligatr it seems to be nostalgia.

Samurott is a good Pokemon, and Feraligatr is horribly overrated, same as Charizard.
    Why is it that no matter which generation it's in there's always that one starter that has a ton of popularity for a dumb reason? Of course, there are people who like that Pokemon for real reasons, but there's always something silly that makes everyone like one of the three starters. With Charizard and Feraligatr it seems to be nostalgia.
    Beats me, I just wish that people use the pokémon that they like for a change instead of bashing on them

Beats me, I just wish that people use the pokémon that they like for a change instead of bashing on them
    Yeah. I hate that it's become something people take horribly seriously. Yes, having a well-balanced team is very important, but why can't you have your favorite Pokemon of the types you're choosing instead of bringing it down to a science in choosing a Pokemon with the best stats. If you look through your favorite Pokemon's stats and movepools there's a guarantee that you'll find something useful for competitive play.

Yeah. I hate that it's become something people take horribly seriously. Yes, having a well-balanced team is very important, but why can't you have your favorite Pokemon of the types you're choosing instead of bringing it down to a science in choosing a Pokemon with the best stats. If you look through your favorite Pokemon's stats and movepools there's a guarantee that you'll find something useful for competitive play.
    Besides, that's what makes competitive battling less fun, the teams are too common or too predictable. Like you said, look up the pokemon's movepools so you can come up with a good set that works for that pokémon.

Besides, that's what makes competitive battling less fun, the teams are too common or too predictable. Like you said, look up the pokemon's movepools so you can come up with a good set that works for that pokémon.
    Exactly. There's no point in having 649 Pokemon to choose from if you only take a select few of them into account for you competitive team. Pokemon was always supposed to be about diversity and how everyone's Pokemon were different, but that's just not the case anymore. In the competitive field it seems like just about everyone uses the exact same Pokemon.

Exactly. There's no point in having 649 Pokemon to choose from if you only take a select few of them into account for you competitive team. Pokemon was always supposed to be about diversity and how everyone's Pokemon were different, but that's just not the case anymore. In the competitive field it seems like just about everyone uses the exact same Pokemon.
    Exactly, I'm sure Gamefreak didn't have that in mind. Only thing to do now is to have people ragequit to you by beating them with an Azumarril or something.

Exactly, I'm sure Gamefreak didn't have that in mind. Only thing to do now is to have people ragequit to you by beating them with an Azumarril or something.
    Yeah. It's kind of irritating that when you go in, beat someone's Pokemon and have them rage-quit when you were trying to prove that you can use less predictable Pokemon and still win.
    In fact, their underestimating these Pokemon is often what puts them at a disadvantage and lands their defeat.

Yeah. It's kind of irritating that when you go in, beat someone's Pokemon and have them rage-quit when you were trying to prove that you can use less predictable Pokemon and still win.
    In fact, their underestimating these Pokemon is often what puts them at a disadvantage and lands their defeat.
    Couldn't have said it better. When I first started using cacturne in battles. I couldn't believe how good he is. Just give him a focus sash w/ sucker punch, low kick, and the water absorb ability and you can 1HKO Terrakion and Latios and 2HKO Latias and Ferrothorn

Couldn't have said it better. When I first started using cacturne in battles. I couldn't believe how good he is. Just give him a focus sash w/ sucker punch, low kick, and the water absorb ability and you can 1HKO Terrakion and Latios and 2HKO Latias and Ferrothorn
    Yeah. I always liked Cacturne, but I never used him in competitive play because I always love using Houndoom and Umbreon as my competitive dark types.
    I used Weavile and Tyranitar a lot too... They're just some of my favorites, so...

Not a big fan of dark types, but something does bother me.

When will rock or steel types get a boost?

Not a big fan of dark types, but something does bother me.

When will rock or steel types get a boost?
    If you look in my signature my top six favorite Pokemon are right there, but I don't say anywhere that they're my six. I even have them in order though...
    The only one of them that isn't a Dark Type is Luxray, and he fights right in with them because of his looks.

I don't know. I'm hoping that Steel might be super effective to Fairy, however I don't think Rock will be. Steel is a man-made metal alloy, meaning it's a combination of metals put together to, in steel's case, make something more durable. Because fairies are mostly known to be nature spirits or guardians of nature it makes sense to me that something that proves that nature can be distorted to one's liking, as in Steel, would work as a super effective.

-Whitney in soul silver. Having a team of all boy pokemon and being infiltrated so you love the target. WHO WOULD LOVE SOMETHING THAT'S TRYING TO KILL YOU!!!
    -Whitneys miltank making my pokemon love it so I can't attack. It sets up alot of rollouts and beats up my pokemon. Then when you think it's over before you hit it THE DAMN THING USES 10 MILLION MILK DRINKS THEN HEALS WITH A POTION THEN KILLS YOU WITH ROLLOUT WHILE YOUR POKEMON LOVES IT! -_-
    - FIRE FIGHTING STARTERS! If fennekin is a fire/fighting starter I'll go to nintendo HQ and sue them!
    - Fighting Audino for easy levels but then you get A DAMN EMOLGA TO USE SHOCK WAVE AND PARALYSE YOUR POKEMON
    -Fighting Audino and your pokemon then loves it. it uses secret power. "WOO NOT VERY EFFECTIVE"but I get put to sleep and it's hell from then on because i have everything but akakenings......

What makes me mad is the ratio of shiny Pokemon coming out. What else that gets me off my seat is people who lie and say they have shinies, but they really do not and just want attention for themselves. They will never play them on wi-fi and they will not put them in dress-up, but they keep saying they have them.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuddy View Post
    What makes me mad is the ratio of shiny Pokemon coming out. What else that gets me off my seat is people who lie and say they have shinies, but they really do not and just want attention for themselves. They will never play them on wi-fi and they will not put them in dress-up, but they keep saying they have them.
    That kind of thing bugs me too. The only shiny I've ever gotten in my entire life was a Geodude in Platinum, and I'm not afraid to admit it either.
    There was the red Gyarados in the Lake of Rage, but I hardly count that since you have a 100% chance of meeting it.
    Also, this might seem "convenient" but I deleted my game file a wile back so I don't have the Geodude anymore. However, if I were lying in saying I had it, well, I wouldn't have lied saying I have it in a post that would make me highly hypocritical, and second, I wouldn't lie saying I caught a shiny Geodude I'd lie saying I got an Eevee or something.
    Last edited by *~Silver*~; 28th June 2013 at 2:23 PM.

How about this?

People who think they're better than you because you've made a few bad plays and have a team that is "Not for competitive play" Then when you lose to them they think that they're superior to you in every freakin way... swear I wanna punch those morons

How about this?

People who think they're better than you because you've made a few bad plays and have a team that is "Not for competitive play" Then when you lose to them they think that they're superior to you in every freakin way... swear I wanna punch those morons
    Yeah. I hate whenever people falsely act superior to anyone in any situation so it being over something so dumb just makes it worse.

Yeah. I hate whenever people falsely act superior to anyone in any situation so it being over something so dumb just makes it worse.
    And they wouldn't act like that when you see them face to face

And they wouldn't act like that when you see them face to face
    Which is just more proof that there are some things one is able to do over the internet and not in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by telivisionhead View Post
    - FIRE FIGHTING STARTERS! If fennekin is a fire/fighting starter I'll go to nintendo HQ and sue them!
    Don't you think by doing that, you can get in to arguments with people who like the fire/fighting starters, like me? I find that weird myself that I just said that. Well I like all the fire starters. Even if they make Fennekin's evolutions, fire/fairy, I will still like them. (I don't hate the fairy type, if you guys want to know, I'm just saying).

Now for my own Pokeproblem, I don't like it how the opponent's Pokemon usually have tricks up their sleeves, especially when I am winning.

Quote Originally Posted by Tepig Pignite Emboar 969 View Post
    Don't you think by doing that, you can get in to arguments with people who like the fire/fighting starters, like me? I find that weird myself that I just said that. Well I like all the fire starters. Even if they make Fennekin's evolutions, fire/fairy, I will still like them. (I don't hate the fairy type, if you guys want to know, I'm just saying).

Now for my own Pokeproblem, I don't like it how the opponent's Pokemon usually have tricks up their sleeves, especially when I am winning.
    I do wish that they change sometig about the Fire/Fighting starters. Imo, it get's kind of repetitive. Blaziken is ok, Infernape is cool, Emboar...is my least favorite of the three. Fairy type, I never had a problem with, especially it makes sense for the creature to represent good (fairy) to defeat evil (dragon), don't know why people are butthurt about it. Especially about every gen, it really gets annoying >.>

I do wish that they change sometig about the Fire/Fighting starters. Imo, it get's kind of repetitive. Blaziken is ok, Infernape is cool, Emboar...is my least favorite of the three. Fairy type, I never had a problem with, especially it makes sense for the creature to represent good (fairy) to defeat evil (dragon), don't know why people are butthurt about it. Especially about every gen, it really gets annoying >.>
    No matter what GameFreak does to make the games better there will always be Genwunners, or just someone who will complain about it. No matter what. There's no stopping it. They'll say it's dumb, they'll come up with crappy arguments, and they'll say it's not the same as gen one, no matter what.

Which is a little weird since Gen one had terrible graphics, the worst sprite art ever, and had the broken Psychic type.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast