Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Iris and Cilan [spoil]ing discussion. (Unconfirmed, happening in Aug/Sept)

I honestly don't care much that they're (probably) leaving. To be honest, I've never grown much attached to Iris and Cilan. Sure, they very dynamic characters and all, but I think it's time for them to go.

Iris is pretty much done. Cilan... it would be good if he got something, but I doubt they will touch his character much. He may get something in the episode with Purrloin and he will get another Detective Time, but I'm not expecting anything else.

So yeah, I'm more than ready for their eventual departure.
    MY MAIN FANFICS

Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

Self-made claimer of AntennaShipping {Meguri the Moogle (Original Character / Final Fantasy) x Captain Olimar (Pikmin)}
    and SteakShipping {Ness (MOTHER 2 / Earthbound) x Doremi (Ojamajo Doremi)}

Iris is alright. I really didnt like Cilan, glad to see him go.

Quote Originally Posted by Spin Attaxx View Post
    Raise your hand if you saw this coming since the beginning.

*raises hand*
    Since its happen like 3 times before I don't see how anyone could not see it coming.
    Iris goes off to train and Cilen does what ever his goal is which is make as many food references as possible and annoy everyone within hearing distance.

Personally, I want Iris and Cilan to stay, although i'm not fussed whether Iris does or not but I definetly want Cilan too.

My main reason is simply because they've been fairly good characters, the whole Kanto/Best Wishes comparisons make it believable that they could continue onto the next saga, they've had less time than other characters (40/50 episodes less) and ontop of that if they both go it'll feel too heavy.

We've always had at least one character carry on with Ash, if they both leave it feels like it's too much development and screentime to just go to waste (or not exactly waste, but to suddenly disappear).

I'd be much more satisfied with them both leaving at the end of Region 6 thinking about the extra screentime and development they would gain.

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    Personally, I want Iris and Cilan to stay, although i'm not fussed whether Iris does or not but I definetly want Cilan too.

My main reason is simply because they've been fairly good characters, the whole Kanto/Best Wishes comparisons make it believable that they could continue onto the next saga, they've had less time than other characters (40/50 episodes less) and ontop of that if they both go it'll feel too heavy.
    But the thing is that they've especailly Iris have developed too much to stay in another region along with Ash who feels like he's just starting to grow again from the disater of Best Wishes in the beginning. Unlike back in Johto, Misty barely did anything before then and Brock did nothing before he was kicked off and brought back again, so they needed the extra time for something more.(Even though I think they still did less then in their specials)
    Last edited by Caseydia; 31st March 2013 at 5:47 PM.

My ideal battle ever!

I'm not surprise to see Iris leaving. I'm sad, I just adore her, less than May and Dawn, but I like her way to be different physically and psychologically from the other girls. She'll miss me a lot. But, like Misty did, she has to return for her important position. At least we'll see her back in the next region...
    For Cilan, I really thought once he was going to stay with Ash. By seeing this picture, I'm pretty sure he won't. I think the main serie has completely forgot his goal of being a top class S-Rank Connoisseur or whatever. Even if I like him a lot, I really don't know if he's leaving or not... I hope we could, at least, know how Brock is doing with his studies of being a Pokémon Doctor.
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

Iris and Cilan leaving is for the best. If they stay for another series, they would probably be handled and written poorly.
    Owner of the Dawn/Hikari Fanclub v.4
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    But the thing is that they've especailly Iris have developed too much to stay in another region along with Ash who feels like he's just starting to grow again from the disater of Best Wishes in the beginning. Unlike back in Johto, Misty barely did anything befvore then and Brock did nothing before he was kicked off and brought back again, so they needed the extra time for something more.(Even though I think they still did less then in their specials)
    I don't think the development of Iris or Cilan should affect whether they stay or not, since it could go either way like everything can but also because Iris has the opportunity to leave, but also the opportunity to stay since she could leave and train with Drayden/Claire, or she could decide to train more before becoming a Gym Leader.

As for Cilan, his goal in the anime is perfectly set for him to carry on travelling with Ash since it's not specific to Unova and it involves him travelling to progress in the first place.

As for Ash, god I agree Best Wishes has been the worst for making him seem like the weakest trainer again, luckily his development has started to return. Ash's development doesn't effect anything when moving over to Region 6 if you ask me, but i'd like to point out (without starting discussion on) that I could also see Ash bringing a few Unova Pokemon to the next region, possibly mixing them into his Region 6 team.

Well if the guy Ash is traveling with is super hot (sorry sorry) super funny. And super smart strong in battling ect ect..
    And if the girl is funny nice adorable kind and maybe a little clumsy. (Like that little girl who was shown in the first episode of episode N forgot her name sorry)
    Cilan and iris leaving is fine by me.
    But I like cilan and iris. But they could be better.
    Last edited by Funnycupcakes; 30th March 2013 at 7:21 PM. Reason: gotta add something ;3
    Your sig was far too tall. Read the rules before you add anything new.

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    I don't think the development of Iris or Cilan should affect whether they stay or not, since it could go either way like everything can but also because Iris has the opportunity to leave, but also the opportunity to stay since she could leave and train with Drayden/Claire, or she could decide to train more before becoming a Gym Leader.
    But development do effect it whether you think so or not. I mean look at Dawn. She was very popular and had lots of development but her staying wouldn't have worked because she already developed so much. Just because you don't think Cilan has as much of an opportunity to leave doesn't mean he will stay over her or her over him for that matter. Best Wishes has been horribly written from the start and if they keep them then the bad written stuff will carry over from them to the next series. That happens with Ash a lot so I don't think I can deal with two more of those.

As for Cilan, his goal in the anime is perfectly set for him to carry on travelling with Ash since it's not specific to Unova and it involves him travelling to progress in the first place.
    First of all traveling behind Ash isn't Cilan's goal. He got more development by battling in the Don thingys and being involved in order to get that. Tailing behind Ash didn't do that. He got better by doing things for himself. That doesn't mean he should stay just for Ash. If that's the case then he would need to stay with him forever in order to achieve his goal because Ash isn't getting anywhere in the state he's in so why bother?

As for Ash, god I agree Best Wishes has been the worst for making him seem like the weakest trainer again, luckily his development has started to return.
    I'm sorry but I have to reply to this. Ash is still badly developed in this series. His old pokemon coming back has nothing to do with development because they have already been in the show before and had battles. The only way he could get better development is if he takes his old pokemon with him to the next region and we all know how that will go if he catches new pokemon. Which he will.

Since the beginning I've always thought Iris & Cilan would join Ash to the next region. The reason why is kind of tough to explain, I have explained it in the past but I really think they will join Ash, even though that scan says goodbye on it, it could just be them saying goodbye but they suddenly decide to join him.
    - Claimed:

-XY, already better than Best Wishes.xD

Pokemon Y Team:

Greninja
    Talonflame
    Pikachu
    Venusaur
    Flygon
    Aggron

3DS FC: 1993-7360-7585

Can't wait for them to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by DawnBoy View Post
    Iris and Cilan leaving is for the best. If they stay for another series, they would probably be handled and written poorly.
    Haven't they already achieved that though?

Iris hogged far too many episodes, yet did barely anything towards her goal.
    She was given an Axew to train and unleash his true potential, Axew also showed it dreamed of evolving. Instead of achieving her goal and properly training Axew into a powerhouse fully evolved Dragon she is given a quick power-up in the form of Dragonite while Axew is left pathetically weak and constantly getting lost and kidnapped. So instead of training Axew to full potential she is given a Dragonite already at full potential.
    Her second flaw in training was shafting her remaining Pokemon for her strongest (Georgia even called her on this), she still does this and people just stopped mentioning it.

So in terms of growth the writers gave her a cheap shortcut to leave Axew cute and cuddly and basically made her fail at one of her main goals in her quest (training a Dragon and unlocking its true potential). If anything her joining for the next region, while leaving Dragonite behind and capturing a next-gen baby dragon which she does train to full potential would be a good thing, her staying to do the same as this region would be pointless.

Cilan really hasn't done of accomplished anything and his goal is just as vague as it was when he started.
    We still don't know what an S-Rank Connoisseur is or how Cilan could become one and his team hasn't changed at all since mid-Unova. Since his "goal" is basically observing Ash and his relationship with his Pokemon he could actually profit from joining him for the next region

Quote Originally Posted by PAndrews View Post
    So in terms of growth the writers gave her a cheap shortcut to leave Axew cute and cuddly and basically made her fail at one of her main goals in her quest (training a Dragon and unlocking its true potential). If anything her joining for the next region, while leaving Dragonite behind and capturing a next-gen baby dragon which she does train to full potential would be a good thing, her staying to do the same as this region would be pointless.

Cilan really hasn't done of accomplished anything and his goal is just as vague as it was when he started.
    We still don't know what an S-Rank Connoisseur is or how Cilan could become one and his team hasn't changed at all since mid-Unova. Since his "goal" is basically observing Ash and his relationship with his Pokemon he could actually profit from joining him for the next region
    I really don't see any reason to assume that that Iris or Cilan would be handled better in the next series if given the chance. If the writers don't know what to do with them now, who's to say that things wouldn't just get worse in the future?

I highly doubt that the writers ever had plans for Cilan's Connoisseur career.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemon fan 132 View Post
    Personally while i liked Brock if i would have to choose between one of older traveling companions coming back i would rather have Misty since she has lot of untapped potential to do more, and i miss her flamboyant, sarcastic and playful personality knowing how to stir things up(more than others imo).
    Hell judging by hype Charizard return caused, i can only imagine how much hype this would lift up and it would be fun imo to have her back with new water powerhouses entering competitions and going on higher level as trainer.
    She definitely has lot of reasons to return from story, but business point as well by creating connections to previous sagas bringing more coherent story, stability in cast, and foundation on which you can bring long lasting impact for show.

On more realistic note writers will probably go through another boring replay route of giving us again new female companion for "eye candy purposes"(like older ones aren't "eye candy" enough).
    I would love to see a old companion return I would put my money more on Dawn though just for the simple fact she is the only one that when she leaves Ash in Sinnoh and in Unova she says See you later (Ja mata ne) as opposed to Goodbye (Sayonara) So I would love to see if that is in fact the case. But Misty coming back would increase Ash's seriousness for sure.

funny how through the entire unova saga i was saying these 2 would leave, even though many said they wouldn't.. cough haters gonna hate cough
    Latest AmourShipping AMV
    Proud Advance/AmourShipper ~ I would Also like to thank Larvitarr from tumblr who created this sig

Isn't everything we do in life a way to be loved a little more? ~ Before Sunrise ~
    Grooveshark | Tumblr | BulbaGarden | MyAnimeList | PSNProfiles | Youtube | Last.FM

Quote Originally Posted by HoennDreamer View Post
    funny how through the entire unova saga i was saying these 2 would leave, even though many said they wouldn't.. cough haters gonna hate cough
    I don't understand this, I know hes one of the biggest Iris fans around here but every series every main female character leaves, Dawn and Pipulp were really popular in Japan and if they didn't have a chance in staying Iris was screwed from the start. Dento on the other hand, will he pull a Brock on us I wonder? Say good-bye than come back later on? I'm a Dento fan, would love it if he stayed but I'm not holding my breath.

I'm looing forward to whoevers going to replace them, I hope Ash is a mentor to her like AG and D/P series. I also hope they either don't have a rival for Ash next series or some thing different, girl rival would be nice but that goes in another threadXD
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

its obvious Cilan and Iris are going to leave Ash at the end of best wishes. Ash always starts a new series alone and we can safely assume the XY anime won't be part of Best Wishes.

The only question is whether they independently go to the new region and meet up with Ash there

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDragonfangirl View Post
    I don't understand this, I know hes one of the biggest Iris fans around here but every series every main female character leaves, Dawn and Pipulp were really popular in Japan and if they didn't have a chance in staying Iris was screwed from the start. Dento on the other hand, will he pull a Brock on us I wonder? Say good-bye than come back later on? I'm a Dento fan, would love it if he stayed but I'm not holding my breath.

I'm looing forward to whoevers going to replace them, I hope Ash is a mentor to her like AG and D/P series. I also hope they either don't have a rival for Ash next series or some thing different, girl rival would be nice but that goes in another threadXD
    i sooo hope they give ash 2 female characters this time, it would be so refreshing to see a female mentor
    Latest AmourShipping AMV
    Proud Advance/AmourShipper ~ I would Also like to thank Larvitarr from tumblr who created this sig

Isn't everything we do in life a way to be loved a little more? ~ Before Sunrise ~
    Grooveshark | Tumblr | BulbaGarden | MyAnimeList | PSNProfiles | Youtube | Last.FM

Iris may leave, but i don't think Cilan would be leaving anytime soon. As a more recent counterpart to Brock, he would be following Ash for more generations to come (like Brock did) and leave in the far future (maybe gen VIII?). But then again, there's always the moment of chance.

Spoiler:- Credits::

- please excuse my shoddy syntax for some reason I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Azimuth1011 View Post
    Iris may leave, but i don't think Cilan would be leaving anytime soon. As a more recent counterpart to Brock, he would be following Ash for more generations to come (like Brock did) and leave in the far future (maybe gen VIII?). But then again, there's always the moment of chance.
    The main problem is that we aren't sure if Cilan will be Brock V.2 or a standalone character in terms of treatment. Brock was there through Kanto, Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh and could you tell me, with a straight face, that Brock wasn't staying for Sinnoh when Sinnoh was at its first episode? The point is that the formula changed, and it'll be more of a 50-50 than a lopsided statistics type of stuff.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

Quote Originally Posted by HoennDreamer View Post
    I never thought about this until a little before the league. I wasn't sure of it but i hope it does happen. We really do need a fresh start.

My ideal battle ever!

I never thought about this until a little before the league. I wasn't sure of it but i hope it does happen. We really do need a fresh start.
    Didn't we just get a fresh start with best wishes?
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    Didn't we just get a fresh start with best wishes?
    Yes. But I'm talking as of right now when things are pretty wierd in writing sense. And there wasn't really any fresh about Best Wishes is my view other than Brock finally gone. Just the same old same old. Probably will happen again. Hopefully they will do supporting cast members properly than they are now.

My ideal battle ever!

Yes. But I'm talking as of right now when things are pretty wierd in writing sense. And there wasn't really any fresh about Best Wishes is my view other than Brock finally gone. Just the same old same old. Probably will happen again. Hopefully they will do supporting cast members properly than they are now.
    Well yea, if iris and cilan leave, we'll get another set of new characters that underdeveloped until they leave. It will be a never ending cycle.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast