Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Iris and Cilan [spoil]ing discussion. (Unconfirmed, happening in Aug/Sept)

Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    Well yea, if iris and cilan leave, we'll get another set of new characters that underdeveloped until they leave. It will be a never ending cycle.
    What do you mean? No character was underdeveloped.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    True they were usually just shafted and/or mistreated.

Quote Originally Posted by AceDetective View Post
    its obvious Cilan and Iris are going to leave Ash at the end of best wishes. Ash always starts a new series alone and we can safely assume the XY anime won't be part of Best Wishes.

The only question is whether they independently go to the new region and meet up with Ash there
    Obvious? How? Were not even sure if XY will be a separate series or a continuation of Best Wishes. If you look at it, Best Wishes has alot of similarities to the Kanto Region & Orange Islands episodes. Both feature traveling companions for Ash that are all gym leaders, Ash & his friends travel to several islands after the League Ended. Whose to say that they won't join him to the next region like Misty & Brock did after Orange Islands(My point being that Ash was never alone for the entire run of the Indigo Saga & Orange Islands Saga).

They've had Ash travel to the next region alone 3 times in a row.
    - Claimed:

-XY, already better than Best Wishes.xD

Pokemon Y Team:

Greninja
    Talonflame
    Pikachu
    Venusaur
    Flygon
    Aggron

3DS FC: 1993-7360-7585

I think they won't do a repeat of OS. First off, Misty/Brock were present in the GSC games, and Johto and Kanto are connected geographically. So far, there has been no news that imply that Unova is connected to the XY Region, nor any hints that Cilan/Iris will be present in XY. Secondly, Iris is now a champion in BW games. I think the possibility of Cynthia travelling with Ash to the XY Region is plausible. Cilan is no longer a leader, and gym leaders don't matter, they just get 'handed' to the other people.

Personally, I prefer a new set of characters. I'm not a big fan of both actually.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Ummmmm.....cilan?
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

Well yea, if iris and cilan leave, we'll get another set of new characters that underdeveloped until they leave. It will be a never ending cycle.
    Yeah but it will still be fresh and that the writers can do development for them the right way unlike with certain mistakes that they left for Cilan and Iris.

My ideal battle ever!

I think that the most strange things is that they want to make both Iris and Cilan leave early and be know in March. In past generations, we know about the departures because the poster of the new series and because the final titles focusing on their departures. Not in a poster 5-6 months before the events saying that they are leaving.

Why? Because the writers want the BW characters out of the series for XY. Or better yet, the writers want to believe the target audience that Iris and Cilan will be out of the anime. The former and the latter isn't the same.

The fromer is simply changing the advertising points to the new games.

But the latter is this. Because the writers acknowledge that BW was inferior compared to DP and they have many complaints about the Best Wishes series and also because of the BW series has technically ended (DA is a waiting filler saga), they want to remove thye things that they don't like about BW as soon as possible.

Although in Episode N Team Rocket are still competent, I almost sure that Team Rocket will act more funny in Decolora Adventure than in the rest of Best Wishes. Specially Meowth, who is the most loved character of the three. Also, take note that a poll that people want Wobbuffet to return, Wobbuffet could return when Team Rocket returns to Kanto. However, Team Rocket is inconsistent right now.

Another things that I think that they are doing in making sure that Ash was resetted in BW and make sure that Ash hasn't got any special things in BW (like winning a PWT Cup) to not reset him in XY. The writers know that if Ash is reset in XY, they are risking too much, at least, for me..

The most obvious answer is that DP is popular and BW is unpopular, the writers want to make the series with less flaws than BW, like fans (real audience) want. But there's a problem with many of the fans in Serebii anmd other fansites (like Bulbagarden):

Imagine that is confirmed that the writers do this cast to feel like DP:
    Ash/Satoshi: Pikachu/Pikachu, Chespin/Harimaron, Froakie/Teromatsu, Another, Another, Another.
    Dawn/Hikari: Piplup/Pochama, Fennekin/Fokko, Another, Another, Another?, Another? (Eevee/Eeivui?)*
    Character A: Another, Another, Another, Another?.

Team Rocket (funny mode): Jessie/Musashi, James/Kojiro, Meowth/Nyarth, Wobbuffet/Sonans, Another, Another, Another.

*Because Sylveon/Nymphia is apparently more directed to a girl audience.

Now we make the anime like DP, we can stop complaining about it?
    No, because older fans used to dislike from DP:
    -Piplup as a mascot.
    -Team Rocket TRio because they are idiots.

However, Japanese audience loves Piplup even today and we know that they prefer funny TR to serious TR.

But, why a older character back when they said that they aren't bringing back older character? Yes, but Dawn has hint speciually from Japan to have gotten many of the requirements to return to the show. Many of them because her Piplup's success. It's unlikely and more my "light" desires but she has a little more than 0,1%.

But Piplup has topped getting merchandise now?
    Yes and no. It's true that Piplup got merchandise in the latter part of 2012 more than now. But he has one set of merch by Banpresto with him as the head in the summer, he randomly pop up in various merchandise many Fridays, and he is one of the pokemon that promotes more Rumble U, the other ones are Victini, Torchic and of course, Pikachu. But he doesn't appear in any of the movie merchandise because that means that Piplup is present on the movie and/or the short and the merchandise can't lie.

But I'm sure of one thing:
    If one day a older character is confirmed to re-join the main cast because one reason, the forum Anime Spoilers will have to be temporary closed because all the hate surrounding it, specially if certain users appear in the process.
    Last edited by Eievui-Nymphia; 7th April 2013 at 8:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fer92 View Post
    Why? Because the writers want the BW characters out of the series for XY.
    Give me a source for this, please and thank you.

Because the writers acknowledge that BW was inferior compared to DP
    I'll need a source for this too.
    and they have many complaints about the Best Wishes series, they want to remove thye things that they don't like about BW as soon as possible.
    Considering the writers pander to the target audience, i.e. 5-year-olds, and the last thing they're likely to care about is anime nerds on an English speaking forum they probably don't know exist. That's way off base statement to make.
    Also, take note that a poll that people want Wobbuffet to return, Wobbuffet could return when Team Rocket returns to Kanto.
    An official poll, right? Like a Dream World poll(The same one used for the Subway Bosses) and not a poll on a forum which is inhibited to bias from a certain subset group of people?(Whether they be Rocket fans or Rocket haters.)

Another things that they are doing in making sure that Ash was resetted in BW and make sure that Ash hasn't got any special things in BW (like winning a PWT Cup) to not reset him in XY. The writers know that if Ash is reset in XY, they are risking too much.
    Again, I have no clue where you are getting any of this from. I can't find an information on any of these statements coming from the writers.
    The most obvious answer is that DP is popular and BW is unpopular, the writers want to make the series like DP, like fans want. But there's a problem with many of the fans in Serebii anmd other fansites (like Bulbagarden):
    1.BW is popular and does its job well, i.e. sells merchandise en masse.
    2.The writers want to make a series like DP? Source pls.
    3.Like fans want? The writers don't care about "Fans" and likely don't know English-speaking anime nerds complaining about Pokemon on an English site even exist. Even then if you're outside of the target audience you most certainly are not the true fans. The writers don't write with the sole intention of pandering to nerds.
    *Because Sylveon/Nymphia is clearly more directed to a girl audience.
    Source? Because I could easily say Fennekin is more directed toward a female audience due to its cute, feminine appearance.
    However, Japanese audience loves Piplup even today and we know that they prefer funny TR to serious TR.
    I have no clue where you got this from, you're making blanket statements for large majorities of people. How do you know the majority of Japanese audience prefers comedic Rockets to serious Rockets? Japan audience loves Piplup? Japanese audience loves every cute marketable Pokemon, I have no clue why people seem to think Piplup was a very much more popular Pokemon than any other marketable Pokemon in DP. The only answers I've gotten is because Piplup gets immense amounts of merchandise, so does Pikachu, Axew, Dragonite, Oshawott, Snivy, Emolga, etc. Piplup isn't the sole merchandising star of Pokemon, that's why these Pokemon can easily be replaced each Gen with a new set of marketable Pokemon. Croagunk is marketable and very popular, people on forum don't acknowledge his marketability as much as Piplup solely because Piplup was screen-***** for most of DP and more traditionally cute and had more "in-your-face" personality.

But, why a older character back when they said that they aren't bringing back older character? Yes, but Dawn has hint speciually from Japan to have gotten many of the requirements to return to the show. Many of them because her Piplup's success.
    That's pretty much a load, not to sound rude. These episodes are produced around 6-8 months in advance, so Dawn's return was already made by around Clay or Elesa's Gym iirc and the decision to make her return was likely already made as well. Dawn returned because she returned, tradition and nothing more, I'm almost 100% certain. If you're making that argument for Dawn, you would have to make it for Misty, Brock, Oak, May, and a few other Pokemon character. Dawn's Piplup isn't a massive marketing machine that leads to every choice in the show, ya know. As I said before, Piplup is only acknowledged as popular here on the forums. There are other very popular Pokemon that don't get as much acknowledgement, Piplup just got so much screentime that people often bring him up.
    But Piplup has topped getting merchandise now?
    Yes and no. It's true that Piplup got merchandise in the latter part of 2012 more than now. But he has one set of merch by Banpresto with him as the head in the summer, he randomly pop up in various merchandise many Fridays, and he is one of the pokemon that promotes more Rumble U, the other ones are Victini, Torchic and of course, Pikachu. But he doesn't appear in any of the movie merchandise because that means that Piplup is present on the movie and/or the short and the merchandise can't lie.
    Piplup gets random merchandise just like Chikorita, Togepi, Victini, Zoaroark, Torchic, Jigglypuff, Croagunk, and a lot of other Pokemon get random merchandise.

But I'm sure of one things:
    If one day a older character is confirmed to re-join the main cast because one reason, the forum Anime Spoilers will have to be temporary closed because all the hate surrounding it, specially if certain users appear in the process.
    I don't hate Dawn but, I don't think she has any reason to ever return to this show for good again. I know you're talking about Dawn.

Ummmmm.....cilan?
    He was not under developed. The only true mystery about him is the noodle incident with purloin which I'm pretty suren is just as nonsensical as "DeeDee"

Quote Originally Posted by HoennDreamer View Post
    funny how through the entire unova saga i was saying these 2 would leave, even though many said they wouldn't.. cough haters gonna hate cough
    Funny how you have no confirmation at all that they're leaving.

Cough idiots gonna be idiots Cough.

It will be a never ending cycle.
    This. It'll be even worse with the fast pacing that we experienced in gen 5, and it looks as though that'll repeat in gen 6. I personally think one of either Cilan or Iris should at least stay (I don't like either character very much, but I know ones with development will be better than underdeveloped newbies) and maybe either brign back an old character who could get new development (Older Max anybody?) or bring in a new character with great potential. Not a clone of a previous character (Looking at you here, Iris) but one that is very different from it's predecessor (May was very different to Misty in this case, Dawn wasn't in terms of goals and role, but had a slightly different personality, however Iris was just an outright clone of Misty).

So personally, I hope only one character leaves (Please please let it be Iris) and either bring in a new one next gen, or bring back an old one. I don't understand why they didn't bring back any older ones in this filler saga, or at least made Dawn's cameo longer.
    If you're a DC comics fan, GTA or Saints Row fan, hit me up with a vm, I'm always looking to talk to new people for my favourite stuff!

[IMG]http://i43.*******.com/nmgcc9.png[/IMG]
    Credit goes to AvengingAngel for the banner.

Quote Originally Posted by I-am-the-peel View Post
    This. It'll be even worse with the fast pacing that we experienced in gen 5, and it looks as though that'll repeat in gen 6.
    How does it look like we'll have the same pacing in gen 6? We barely know anything about gen 6, only 6 Pokemon and a bit of the region...

Quote Originally Posted by TheSirPeras View Post
    How does it look like we'll have the same pacing in gen 6? We barely know anything about gen 6, only 6 Pokemon and a bit of the region...
    5th gen hasn't lasted as long as past gens in terms of game marketing, saga length and sidegame marketing (I know the first and last point are kinda the same, but I listed them anyway). For 6th gen, they were only announced a while ago and we didn't even know if 5th gen was actually ending or not. I just think that since they're announcing X and Y on the same day in Japan and US/Europe, and are also planning on rushing off straight to gen 6 after gen 5; they either want to make a generation that is much better than gen 5 in terms of planning and time length, or just want to continue a fast pacing with both the anime and games.
    If you're a DC comics fan, GTA or Saints Row fan, hit me up with a vm, I'm always looking to talk to new people for my favourite stuff!

[IMG]http://i43.*******.com/nmgcc9.png[/IMG]
    Credit goes to AvengingAngel for the banner.

Quote Originally Posted by Doryuzu View Post
    Give me a source for this, please and thank you.
    If they leave, from the same poster than you.

I'll need a source for this too.
    The abscence of Tomioka writing and ther promotion of Season 2, Episode N, etc. Also, the marketing staff has manipulating things believing what it isn't.

Considering the writers pander to the target audience, i.e. 5-year-olds, and the last thing they're likely to care about is anime nerds on an English speaking forum they probably don't know exist. That's way off base statement to make.
    The hyping of Dawn's return (and putting in the posters, cast list), the Team Rocket are leaving hype, Episode N promotion and other things. ANd the target audience are 5-12 years old.

An official poll, right? Like a Dream World poll(The same one used for the Subway Bosses) and not a poll on a forum which is inhibited to bias from a certain subset group of people?(Whether they be Rocket fans or Rocket haters.)
    We know that the VA don't like serious TR and there are hints that serious TR aren't the favourite of the audience. And the poll was made after the last episode of Proect Tempest who said what pokemon do you want to come back.

Again, I have no clue where you are getting any of this from. I can't find an information on any of these statements coming from the writers.
    My impression of how they handled Roxie battle and Cameron battle.

1.BW is popular and does its job well, i.e. sells merchandise en masse.
    2.The writers want to make a series like DP? Source pls.
    3.Like fans want? The writers don't care about "Fans" and likely don't know English-speaking anime nerds complaining about Pokemon on an English site even exist. Even then if you're outside of the target audience you most certainly are not the true fans. The writers don't write with the sole intention of pandering to nerds.
    1. BW is popular... but not like DP. And I don't think that they are selling in masse (for them).
    2. If they try to imite another series, they will do with a series with better writing.
    3. When I say fans, I'm saying the fans in general, who in the most part are children. But in Japan older audience are more important than the US.

Source? Because I could easily say Fennekin is more directed toward a female audience due to its cute, feminine appearance.
    Both Nymphia and Fennekin are directed by a feminine audience, actually.

I have no clue where you got this from, you're making blanket statements for large majorities of people. How do you know the majority of Japanese audience prefers comedic Rockets to serious Rockets? Seeing the incosnsistent of TR in the anime, blasting poff in Episode N, returns of things like the balloon and Kanto motto and all the side shows with funny TR in it. Japan audience loves Piplup? In DP, one time, Piplup used to have equal more popularity than Pikachu. This is why Piplup become a mascot in the main cast and stay out of his Pokeball. (Exactly when the depression arc) Japanese audience loves every cute marketable Pokemon, I have no clue why people seem to think Piplup was a very much more popular Pokemon than any other marketable Pokemon in DP. Piplup is mega-marketable. Any other pokemon has less than around 50% of merch than him,well except of course, Pikachu.[/B] The only answers I've gotten is because Piplup gets immense amounts of merchandise, so does Pikachu lives on another league, Axew absent in as many merch than Piplup right now. (maybe a little more). Axew is relatively unpopular contrary to the fandom believe. People forgot that Axew is the second mascot of BW., Dragonite, (yeah) Oshawott his succesor, but has less merhc than PIplup in DP., Snivy, (yeah) Emolga, (yeah) etc. Piplup isn't the sole merchandising star of Pokemon, In DP the series about Piplup and Piakchu. that's why these Pokemon can easily be replaced each Gen with a new set of marketable Pokemon.In theory, but has poroblems in the practice. Croagunk is marketable and very popular it's one of the most popular DP pokemon, probably the third/fourth) and it's more popular than his trainer, people on forum don't acknowledge his marketability as much as Piplup solely because Piplup was screen-***** for most of DP and more traditionally cute and had more "in-your-face" personality. When Piplup was proven very marketable, he was transformed in a hogger screentime.
    If this are BW2 Piplup popularity, I said yes. But not wioth DP Piplup popularity, who is in the "Pikachu popularity", just behind Pikachu.

That's pretty much a load, not to sound rude. These episodes are produced around 6-8 months in advance, so Dawn's return was already made by around Clay or Elesa's Gym iirc and the decision to make her return was likely already made as well. Dawn returned because she returned, tradition and nothing more, I'm almost 100% certain. If you're making that argument for Dawn, you would have to make it for Misty, Brock, Oak, May, and a few other Pokemon character. Dawn's Piplup isn't a massive marketing machine that leads to every choice in the show, ya know. As I said before, Piplup is only acknowledged as popular here on the forums. There are other very popular Pokemon that don't get as much acknowledgement, Piplup just got so much screentime that people often bring him up.
    The problems with this isn't the episodes themselves. Is the promotion that revolves around those episodes.

Piplup gets random merchandise just like Chikorita notably less, Togepi since the Meloetta promotion, in random promo and stop., Victini Here yes. And is having popularity because Rumble U., Zoaroark When is the last time that I see Zoroark. IHius merchandise has dissappear to the point that Lucario has returned for Smash replacing Zoroark (but not Oshawott!!!!), Torchic,has relatively high merch, but less. Jigglypuff I doin't see him since the short., Croagunk Sometimes but is more rare., and a lot of other Pokemon get random merchandise.
    Piplup has a lot more merhcandise than any pokemon who hasn't programmed an upcoming appearance in the anime or belongs to the main cast. This is a lot.

I don't hate Dawn but, I don't think she has any reason to ever return to this show for good again. I know you're talking about Dawn.
    Opinion.

@Doryuzu, I feel that sometimes you had "problems" in detecting Best Wishes flaws. And sometimes you (unintentionally) attempt that BW stats are better than real.

I see why. Because you love Best Wishes you didn't think that your series has worse things than the former series because the facts of the worse things are mixed witht he opinions or hated (who are x times worse than the thing). Because this you only things that there's bad writing is things that are blatantly obvious (Unova League).

In general, I think that with the exception of the Unova League, Best Wishes are at least good (or acceptable depending the case) although it's a step lower than DP in writing.
    Last edited by Eievui-Nymphia; 7th April 2013 at 9:53 PM.

If they leave, from the same poster than you.
    I'm not saying that these two aren't leaving, I'm wondering where you're getting the idea the writers completely want to "cleanse" their hands of BW characters such a negative way of stating it. You did say:

Because the writers acknowledge that BW was inferior compared to DP
    Which is absolutely baseless.

The abscence of Tomioka writing and ther promotion of Season 2, Episode N, etc. Also, the marketing staff has manipulating things believing what it isn't
    Tomoika hasn't been absent, I know for a fact he headed the TR Therian Form two-parter. So I don't see what you mean by "the absence of Tomoika writing." The writers promote Episode N and Season 2, again, what's in the world is wrong with this? It's a show, they have to promote it. Marketing staff have been manipulating thing? Again, where are you getting this information? Literally none of that is true, the marketing staff are "manipulating" the writers is absolutely baseless.
    The hyping of Dawn's return (and putting in the posters, cast list), the Team Rocket are leaving hype, Episode N promotion and other things. ANd the target audience are 5-12 years old.
    Dawn got put on a poster, big whoop? The writers hype these things up just like they always do. I literally never believed Team Rocket would actually leave in that two-parter, the only people who I have seen that actually took that hype super seriously are Rocket fans. That hype(Along with the Radio Show) was most likely meant to build momentum for the two-parter. Again, Episode N gets promoted? Big Whoop? The writers have to promote their own show. Surely you understand this.

We know that the VA don't like serious TR and there are hints that serious TR aren't the favourite of the audience. And the poll was made after the last episode of Proect Tempest who said what pokemon do you want to come back.
    There's a difference between saying that and saying the majority of the audience dislikes the serious Rockets.

My impression of how they handled Roxie battle and Cameron battle.
    You said this:

Another things that they are doing in making sure that Ash was resetted in BW and make sure that Ash hasn't got any special things in BW (like winning a PWT Cup) to not reset him in XY. The writers know that if Ash is reset in XY, they are risking too much.
    That's stating something as fact, thus needs some sort of source to back it up. If it's your opinion you should state it as an opinion, it gives many of these other members on here very wrong information about the anime and the writer's intentions.

1. BW is popular... but not like DP. And I don't think that they are selling in masse (for them).
    2. If they try to imite another series, they will do with a series with better writing.
    3. When I say fans, I'm saying the fans in general, who in the most part are children. But in Japan older audience are more important than the US.
    1.Why do you think BW is "not as popular as DP" aside from cosmetic things that don't matter like the value of the writing? Pokemon, no matter what the series is, has one main goal and that's to sell merchandise and it does that swimmingly. If you're basing popularity off of writing you're absolutely wrong.
    2.Again, you stated another statement as fact that is your opinion:

the writers want to make the series like DP,
    None of us no the writer's intentions.

3.That's so untrue. The younger audience is more important in America and Japan, I have literally no clue why you think these things. Younger audience members are the ones participating in sweepstakes and mainly buying the merchandise in the first place. They're the main priority everywhere.

Both Nymphia and Fennekin are directed by a feminine audience, actually.
    Again, give me some sources for these statements. You're simply saying that Sylveon and Fennekin are girl-specific audience aimed Pokemon based off of their feminine appearances. You know what was aimed at girls in Pokemon? The short that got revealed in that girl-orientated magazine months ago that would feature Meloetta. It specifically said the short was mainly aimed at girls, that's how you state something if it's fact. You think Sylveon and Fennekin are Pokemon created for the sake of a female audience for Pokemon, it's not fact.

If this are BW2 Piplup popularity, I said yes. But not wioth DP Piplup popularity, who is in the "Pikachu popularity", just behind Pikachu.
    In all reality Croagunk and a lot of other DP Pokemon were just as popular as Piplup, again, Piplup had such an "in-your-face" attitude and got such a ****-ton of focus that people regard this as popularity when in reality Piplup's merchandise is just the same as a lot of other Pokemon in DP and BW.

The problems with this isn't the episodes themselves. Is the promotion that revolves around those episodes.
    You claimed the writers brought back Dawn for other motives, I countered that with my points on how it was absolutely impossible the writers made "the rash decision" to bring back Dawn with the massive production gap between making episodes.

Piplup has a lot more merhcandise than any pokemon who hasn't programmed an upcoming appearance in the anime or belongs to the main cast. This is a lot.
    Piplup has a lot of merchandise just like Axew, Tepig, Oshawott, and Snivy have a lot of merchandise. There is literally nothing special about Piplup's merchandise that sets it apart from the other merchandise. Piplup is not "insanely" more popular than those other Pokemon, again, Dawn's Piplup got so much screentime people seem to think that equates to being more popular which is false. It's got screentime because it got screentime and was sell-able.

Opinion.
    I know it was my opinion, I was clearly stating it as my opinion and not fact.

I see absolutely no reason for Dawn to be a character in this show permanently ever again. The writers are gonna focus on more lucrative characters for the future more than likely and even from a story-writing standpoint Dawn is a done character. Maxed out completely. She got runner-up in her first GF(That's a helluva a lot better than what May got), she got a full team, none of her Pokemon really have problems and are all pretty much done in any sort of growth of strength, Ursula got wrapped up, so did Zoey with her becoming a Top Coordinator, Kenny was done too, that just leaves Nando but he just disappeared and was the least prominent of Dawn's rivals anyway. Dawn has pretty much zero loose ends and we know for a fact she keeps the same team she has for future journeys instead of replacing them like Ash does and doesn't implement rotation so that closes the door for any type of hypothetical Pokemon development for her. She became a competent Coordinator and literally 50% of DP was Dawn.(Seriously Dawn doesn't need anymore screentime in this show.) If she returned she would likely just regress or stagnate since there's no way she would win a GF if Ash lost a league and the only place to go would be to stay the same or down. So, Dawn most likely is never returning to this show and it's usually good to make peace with a favorite character leaving once they leave.
    Last edited by Doryuzu; 8th April 2013 at 1:13 AM.

Oh look another one up fest

Generally even gens lasted longer than the odd generations. I hope cress is the one to fetch cilan back since chili already had an out of gym trip

This is all new to me. Claire's return? Looks like her Dragonaire evolved into Dragonite and Iris and Claire's Dragonites look like they want a battle. And it looks like Claire caught a shiny Druddigon. Ash's Butterfree? I hope Pidgeot makes a return in the later episodes.
    Legitimately Caught All 649 Pokémon in White 2: April 12, 2013
    White 2 FC: 5072 4104 1923
    3DS FC: 0103-9971-7893

5th gen hasn't lasted as long as past gens in terms of game marketing, saga length and sidegame marketing (I know the first and last point are kinda the same, but I listed them anyway). For 6th gen, they were only announced a while ago and we didn't even know if 5th gen was actually ending or not. I just think that since they're announcing X and Y on the same day in Japan and US/Europe, and are also planning on rushing off straight to gen 6 after gen 5; they either want to make a generation that is much better than gen 5 in terms of planning and time length, or just want to continue a fast pacing with both the anime and games.
    I feel like 5th gen was so fast was because it was still on the DS. Also that it was meant to be fast so that Gen 4 wasn't longer, and they could get used to everything with the 3DS while still having something new and unique in Gen 5

Platinum FC: 2924 5508 7388

HeartGold FC: 5372 2982 5997

White 1 FC: 3396 3135 0386

This. It'll be even worse with the fast pacing that we experienced in gen 5, and it looks as though that'll repeat in gen 6. I personally think one of either Cilan or Iris should at least stay (I don't like either character very much, but I know ones with development will be better than underdeveloped newbies) and maybe either brign back an old character who could get new development (Older Max anybody?) or bring in a new character with great potential. Not a clone of a previous character (Looking at you here, Iris) but one that is very different from it's predecessor (May was very different to Misty in this case, Dawn wasn't in terms of goals and role, but had a slightly different personality, however Iris was just an outright clone of Misty).

So personally, I hope only one character leaves (Please please let it be Iris) and either bring in a new one next gen, or bring back an old one. I don't understand why they didn't bring back any older ones in this filler saga, or at least made Dawn's cameo longer.
    I don't think one has to stay over the other. They did that with DP and you saw what happened. I don't think the writer sill make that pacific mistake again. Especially when you know Cilan isn't really getting anything important done as far as goals and training is concerned. So why make him stay just to satify your own "an old character must stay" hunger.

My ideal battle ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    I don't think one has to stay over the other. They did that with DP and you saw what happened. I don't think the writer sill make that pacific mistake again. Especially when you know Cilan isn't really getting anything important done as far as goals and training is concerned. So why make him stay just to satify your own "an old character must stay" hunger.
    Personally I'd reckon the writers would make an Atlantic mistake next time around.

I'd say there should be a new character every gen and an old character return every gen.
    On Team:,:656:,:661:.

Oak's Lab: x30
    ()
    In Training:
    Released:

Advice to the writers for the 6th Gen:
    1. Give a fair distribution of screentime and battles- No Pika-Hogging.
    2. Give Ash as many Pokemon as you will bother with, and no more.
    3. Evolution is nothing to be scared of. Especially evolve Starters, please!

Quote Originally Posted by naughtynun View Post
    Personally I'd reckon the writers would make an Atlantic mistake next time around.

I'd say there should be a new character every gen and an old character return every gen.
    Yeah but doesn't mean they need to keep doing it that way. Especially when there could be better.

My ideal battle ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    Yeah but doesn't mean they need to keep doing it that way. Especially when there could be better.
    True, perhaps they could try it in the next series and see how it works. I'd rather see Misty or May again than have some new character I won't care about because I know they won't stick around.
    On Team:,:656:,:661:.

Oak's Lab: x30
    ()
    In Training:
    Released:

Advice to the writers for the 6th Gen:
    1. Give a fair distribution of screentime and battles- No Pika-Hogging.
    2. Give Ash as many Pokemon as you will bother with, and no more.
    3. Evolution is nothing to be scared of. Especially evolve Starters, please!

Quote Originally Posted by Doryuzu View Post
    Am I the only one who wants (...) for Iris and/or Cilan to stay? (...)
    Although the Best Wishes Trio isn't my favourite trio and Iris isn't exactly my favourite character, I think that many character replacements are bad to this show.

Why? Why I think that too many changes could separate the kids with the series because they lack familiar faces in the show. I know for a semi-fact that too many changes in Best Wishes (apart for extreme predictablility in BW1, bad writing, continue...) caused a drop in ratings in Best Wishes more important than usual although this is still Tv Tokyo 1st rated show. I have reasons to back up this statements.

What I find rare (and I'm sure that anybody has noticed that) is that the revelation was too early. They were revealed to leave in March when the series, at best, is released at the end of August. Why they do that? Remember that the other times that we know that a character was replaced was because new characters appear.

One of the reason is because they are revealing all of DA episodes. But I still suspect why they did this move so early. I think that's because one of the three things will happen:

-The main cast of XY will be revealed soon (reealed fully) by the standards of BW and DP (like around June or early July). Remember that now that advertising overhypes Episode N, we should expect XY hyping during 2 months over and over and over and over.

-This will be a troll for the writers for one or the two characters and at least one will return in XY, particularly Cilan. Advertising wants to promote things and they want to give ratings using gimmicks like that to hype the series.

-Or they are going to return an older character. And not because the older fans like @Pokemonan132 said (if could be one of the reason but not the main one). That discussion about it is restricted in the forums doesn't mean that it won't happen.

A former main character return is one of the most powerful tools that the anime has in case that a series could be less liked for fans (like BW apparently is). And there are three things to note: we know that the promotion is more stronger than usual, Team Rocket is almost confirmed to be funny and a Pokemon of a past character hasn't really stopped to get merchandise although it did have to do 5 months ago.

Now, when something rare is happening, we shouldn't expect the most common scenario with the standard conditions. If follow them, wthey could be wrong.

RIGHT. The new comers.
    Boy: N. Or.. this hot new guy and is extremely funny talented. Doesn't have to be all that smart. Maybe he can tend to rage a alot
    Girl: Adorable. Clumsy. A bit of a noob. Like the girl in the first episode of episode N! Maybe a bit like Bianca. Funny as well. Also I could like to see some sort of epic Ash as well. Like I know that wont happen but yeah. Older Ash. When tepigs fly.
    Your sig was far too tall. Read the rules before you add anything new.

I know for a semi-fact that too many changes in Best Wishes (apart for extreme predictablility in BW1, bad writing, continue...) caused a drop in ratings in Best Wishes more important than usual although this is still Tv Tokyo 1st rated show. I have reasons to back up this statements.
    This is all very very very false. The shows ratings have been dropping since it started in OS, it has literally nothing to do with the writing. Every following series gets lower ratings than the previous one. You're making things up.

Not sure why you bold'd my part, I was stating it as an opinion.

-Or they are going to return an older character. And not because the older fans like @Pokemonan132 said (if could be one of the reason but not the main one). That discussion about it is restricted in the forums doesn't mean that it won't happen.
    Kinda funny you're semi-calling him out for wanting Misty back but you're the exact same way with Dawn. :P
    A former main character return is one of the most powerful tools that the anime has in case that a series could be less liked for fans (like BW apparently is). And there are three things to note: we know that the promotion is more stronger than usual, Team Rocket is almost confirmed to be funny and a Pokemon of a past character hasn't really stopped to get merchandise although it did have to do 5 months ago.
    Another false statement. The promotion is the exact same as it always has been.

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast