Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Iris and Cilan [spoil]ing discussion. (Unconfirmed, happening in Aug/Sept)

Can't wait for this tbh

I'm looking forward to these episodes. They all look awesome

I don't think they are saying goodbye here. I mean look at Iris' facial expression. She looks nervous, not sad.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

This piece of info was revealed in a public anime festa, something that it's supposing to be visited in the first place. The question is, why reveal the departure so early? I will try to say the possible answers:

-We know that BW technically ends in 18th April. Everything past this date are fillers and set-up episodes who purpose is waiting for the time they can release the new series.

-And this. Because Best Wishes has technically ended the writers are focusing in the new anime series, the anime that promotes XY. Because the new anime has new characters in them nd Iris and Cilan aren't, they are trying to confirm via a "anime festa" their departures already for in no more than 3 months reveal the new characters (and something "strange", you never know, at least one character is technically confirmed). And if they hype arcs now, imagine what we should expect to hype the new series.

-Now it's making more clear and clear that the worldwide release are affecting the Japanese schedule to help the dub to air the anime as soon as the games are released. Now exist 4 possibility about how they handle the series:
    A) The departure episodes would air 2-3 weeks before the games' release and the new series airs in the games' release as normal. The expected but now I doubt it.
    B) The departure episodes woul air in July/August and after that they start to air the XY anime to tie with the XY promotion. The most probale option right now.
    C) They air the departure episodes, they air 2 months of specials/cameos and air the XY series when the games' release. They also could air around 8 "Chronicles-like" episodes that the dub airs online later. Less probable but it's hinted by the lack of resolution of Burgundy and Georgia's rivalries and the presence of the "I love Marine" (Piplup) and "I love Gothic" (Croagunk). In that case, I said two pseudo-specials with Iris and Cilan (Ash will appear), a Dawn re-cameo and a Brock cameo.
    D) They made a hiatus during 2 months to help catch up and air the anime around the same time. I don't see it.

BW is not "technically" ending until XY starts. Some of the episodes revealed are not filler. That's crazy talk.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Just because Sayonara is being said DOESN'T CONFIRM EITHER OF THEM WON'T RETURN FOR XY.

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    Just because Sayonara is being said DOESN'T CONFIRM EITHER OF THEM WON'T RETURN FOR XY.
    Yeah, everyone needs to remember when Brock would say goodbye only to come back a mere two episodes later.

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    Ahh... I remember when Misty said goodbye. She actually did leave :P
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    Yeah, but do you also remember Brock saying goodbye twice and returning right after?

You could usually tell by the way they edit the show if Brock was going to come back or not. If the edit of the last BW episode suggests that Iris and Cilan are not coming back, they probably won't.

Uh, not you shading Queen Misty like that.

I honestly think both Iris and Cilan are leaving for good. I mean it would be such a troll move to imply that both are leaving and then have one of them return in the X & Y saga, not to mention reductive. They've both had a good run but I really think it's time for them to go their own separate ways and see the world for themselves instead of just tagging along with Ash. That's why I think the new information is confirming that they'll both leave the main cast for good.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    You could usually tell by the way they edit the show if Brock was going to come back or not. If the edit of the last BW episode suggests that Iris and Cilan are not coming back, they probably won't.
    What differences exist between Brock's DP departure (leaving) and the Johto departure (staying for AG) apart for the promotion?

Quote Originally Posted by fer92 View Post
    What differences exist between Brock's DP departure (leaving) and the Johto departure (staying for AG) apart for the promotion?
    In Brock's departure in Johto, the edit was clearly focusing more extensively on Misty complete with her own goodbye song. With Brock, he didn't even mention he was leaving until towards the end when he departed from Ash. Something about that was very telling that Brock would stay. With "Memories Are Made of Bliss," the 2 things that obviously showed Brock was leaving for good was the music they played at the end and the fact that he said that he was becoming a doctor and couldn't travel with Ash.

I think it would be interesting if this whole Sayonara thing is a red-herring, like if this episode is early on DA! before Ash leaves for Kanto and then those two decide to stay. Plus, iirc, the magazine says something about "Will they leave?!" and those two look so nervous and upset. The lack of Georgia and Burgundy too is leading me to believe both might continue into the XY series. Again, this is my opinion even though I originally thought they would both for sure leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Doryuzu View Post
    I think it would be interesting if this whole Sayonara thing is a red-herring, like if this episode is early on DA! before Ash leaves for Kanto and then those two decide to stay. Plus, iirc, the magazine says something about "Will they leave?!" and those two look so nervous and upset. The lack of Georgia and Burgundy too is leading me to believe both might continue into the XY series. Again, this is my opinion even though I originally thought they would both for sure leave.
    If they toss Burgundy and Georgia out of the show without giving them closure, I will be mad.

Actually, what would be so wrong with having Iris and Cilan stay and then adding a new travel companion and having 4 main characters next series? If it is a 4 year series, they will have time to develop all of them. They could have 2 boys and 2 gals.
    Last edited by Pokemaniac24; 23rd March 2013 at 10:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    In Brock's departure in Johto, the edit was clearly focusing more extensively on Misty complete with her own goodbye song. With Brock, he didn't even mention he was leaving until towards the end when he departed from Ash. Something about that was very telling that Brock would stay. With "Memories Are Made of Bliss," the 2 things that obviously showed Brock was leaving for good was the music they played at the end and the fact that he said that he was becoming a doctor and couldn't travel with Ash.
    Knowing some past examples that happened recently:
    -Dawn's return in BW2. We should know that she are doing a cameo and nothing more the time when she reveals all her DP team. And also there's the outfit issue; also the only character (Team Rocket changed to black at early BW) who keeps the DP outfit without change when in BW Giovanni changed the outfit, TR changed logo, is something stagerring specially because we know who is Dawn (unlike characters like Oak who is a proffesor). The opening was the prove that she only making a cameo The B2W" games and the BWS2-2 episode confirmed that (although apparently it was hinted to last until Project Tempest) she is making a cameo, nothing more.

-Team Rocket leaving in Project Tempest. The things that we have to deal in BW S2-13 and the fact that BW S2-14 don't feature them at all suggest that in the case of leaving it clearly won't be in those episodes.

There's a substantial difference with Iris and Cilan respect their leavings:
    -We (almost) know that Iris will leave and what they'll do after travelling with Ash. I'm 95% sure that she will be Opelucid Gym Leader but they delayed the confirmation because BW wasn't ending.

-For Cilan's leave, we must have setup prior to the leaving that he are leaving. They need to setup his goal after travelling with Ash. We don't know evidence from this episodes that Cilan are leaving yet.

Althoug the picture puts Iris and Cilan leaving together, this isn't a scan of the episode meaning that the two could leave apart from each other at different times, including different episodes. For all we know, Cilan could leave to Kanto.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post

I honestly think both Iris and Cilan are leaving for good. I mean it would be such a troll move to imply that both are leaving and then have one of them return in the X & Y saga, not to mention reductive. They've both had a good run but I really think it's time for them to go their own separate ways and see the world for themselves instead of just tagging along with Ash. That's why I think the new information is confirming that they'll both leave the main cast for good.
    Sorry ^^; just trying to prove goodbye tends to mean goodbye. The only reason Brock continued was because he was more popular (iirc).

Not sure really... I could see both leaving, but I don't know. Past events would dictate Cilan could continue on, because he's far more popular then Iris (sorry Iris fans, not hate'in on Iris, just speaking the truth)
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Sorry ^^; just trying to prove goodbye tends to mean goodbye. The only reason Brock continued was because he was more popular (iirc).

Not sure really... I could see both leaving, but I don't know. Past events would dictate Cilan could continue on, because he's far more popular then Iris (sorry Iris fans, not hate'in on Iris, just speaking the truth)
    I'm not sure how Iris is compared to Cilan now since BW2 started. She's gotten so much attention amd Cilan hasn't done anything while BW1 was the reverse. I don't see why Iris would go to XY region. At least Cilan's reason for wanting to travel would make sense, while Drayden wants Iris as the gym leader

Platinum FC: 2924 5508 7388

HeartGold FC: 5372 2982 5997

White 1 FC: 3396 3135 0386

Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post

Remember how Brock left after Johto and Hoenn. When advanced generation started it was like 5 or so episodes before Brock returned to main cast, and I think the same went for sinnoh. A similar thing could happen for either cilan, iris or both of them.
    KROOKODILE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheFonz View Post
    I'm not sure how Iris is compared to Cilan now since BW2 started. She's gotten so much attention amd Cilan hasn't done anything while BW1 was the reverse. I don't see why Iris would go to XY region. At least Cilan's reason for wanting to travel would make sense, while Drayden wants Iris as the gym leader
    Brock got little to no focus in Johto, yet he moved on to Hoenn. That's why I think Cilan has a better chance, but it's still not that high of it :P

I know in some way that they will have Iris shown again appearing in a few episodes in the 6th generation Pokemon meeting a travelers with Ash like how they did with Misty,May and Dawn making in a few appereance episodes on either AG(for Misty),DP(for May) and BW(for Dawn).They will do the same for Iris making appearence in the 6th genereation sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by fer92 View Post
    And I recommend making this thread a "positive" thread about Iris and Cilan. This isn't the best moment to rant about them.
    As much as I want to jump up in the air and punch the sky, I'll contain myself and show respect during this obviously troubling time...

August is far too early for them to leave.

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

Quote Originally Posted by Shneak View Post
    August is far too early for them to leave.
    I am sure the next saga is beginning in September or October max, so leaving in August isn't really that surprising.

Name: Arugula
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

Here's hoping "Sayonara" is referring to something else entirely (like maybe Unova?), I don't know I can imagine a 6th gen anime without Iris (Well, I can, but you know what I mean) and Cilan (hey, he can be made into a more likable character, right? They made Dawn more entertaining in BW2, after all).
    Last edited by moneylesswario; 25th March 2013 at 3:19 PM.
    I, stickerstaryoshi, am now authorized to use the usertitle "We got 3D: XY!", created by user Cresselia92 and to modify it according to my desires.

Fan of the Mario and Luigi series since 2005.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast