Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Will Honedge be up for the cut??

Question Will Honedge be up for the cut??

So just seen the new pokemon image for Honedge.
    I myself (and hopefully many of you?) thought of a weapon pokemon at one point making an appearance during the games/animes many long years on this earth. But being it would be in the form of a weapon i just guessed it would be too violent.

So the question is:
    Q Will this new pokemon see more than an airing in Japan or will it be cut out of anime too soon and banned outright?
    I mean lets face it nobody wants to see pikachu get hit by a sword eh? (well ok I lie theres bound to be a few of you out there somewhere )
    Current Pearl Team-
    Current Silver Team-
    Current Gold Team-
    Current Black Team- Emboar, Krookodile, Jellicent, Ferrothorn, Crustle, Emolga
    Current Black 2 Team- ;604;
    Confirmed first two lvl 100 teams...
    My 1st lvl 100 Team- Charizard, Frostlass, Lanturn, Lucario, Shiftry, Gallade, My 2nd lvl 100 Team- Slowking, Houndoom, Armaldo, Crobat, Kingdra, Meganium

I do

This belongs in spoilers though. And as for your question we don't know.

well first, this should be in spoilers.

i would have to say that it is quite likely that that will happen. we can't have a gun in the anime and a sword actually hitting another pokemon...i don't see it happening.

Always watching. Always waiting. Never truly at peace in a realm of its own.
    Giratina will return....someday.

Ya if admin sees this feel free to move lol, I have no idea where most posts go and they then get moved .
    I figured if the news was on main website then it wouldnt be a spoiler and it was revealed and just a general post or something but meh.
    pokemonsquared; And as for your question we don't know.
    Well clearly without it airing we wont know that It's just to see what peoples pre-opinions are and how they feel about the sword pokemon in general.
    Current Pearl Team-
    Current Silver Team-
    Current Gold Team-
    Current Black Team- Emboar, Krookodile, Jellicent, Ferrothorn, Crustle, Emolga
    Current Black 2 Team- ;604;
    Confirmed first two lvl 100 teams...
    My 1st lvl 100 Team- Charizard, Frostlass, Lanturn, Lucario, Shiftry, Gallade, My 2nd lvl 100 Team- Slowking, Houndoom, Armaldo, Crobat, Kingdra, Meganium

I don't know if they'll just cut the sword Pokemon from the anime (bad pun is bad)
    But Porygon still shows up from time to time, so.....
    FC (White): 1248-9416-2795
    3DS FC: 1633-4254-1939
    Friend Safari: (Rock) Dwebble, Macargo, Barbaracle
    PM me if you want a battle or trade

Quote Originally Posted by Endless View Post
    What? You don't feel the testosterone rush through your veins when you look at Machamp's large, manly pecs?

This Sword probably still can use special attacks. Wouldn't be surprised if they would make it shoot lasers from it's eye and all.

It doesn't even need to battle, just could appear in another haunted castle episode and scare people, like the Litwicks.

I don't think Honedge is too big a problem. The main concern with weapons being shown in kid's cartoons is that they might be imitable. The only time (a decade and a half ago on a different channel and dubbed by a different company, mind you) that an episode was skipped for violent content was when human characters were holding handguns not unlike what many American children's parents will own to other people's heads, and in one case opening fire against Team Rocket in a scene played for laughs. A pokemon based on a sword won't be a problem, especially on Cartoon Network.

I want Ash to get it just for the sake of spicing things up.

I don't see it being banned from appearing in the anime. I can understand why Legend of Dratini was cut (because of the guns), but it would just be plain stupid to cut an episode just because it contains a possessed sword Pokémon attacking other Pokémon.

In best Wishes, a possessed armor with a sword tried to murder the gang. So, yeah, I'm pretty sure a Sword Pokémon is fine. ^^
    Is apparantly Dragon Type in the Friend Safari. Neat.

One of these Spoilers has a very Hot Chick hidden. One has Yaoi. And one will eat your Soul. Choose at your own risk~

Spoiler:- Number 1:

Spoiler:- Number 2:

Spoiler:- Number 3:

This is ridiculous, of course not.

Will Honedge be up for the cut??

I see what you did there

Honestly, I think it will be banned similar to the Porygon family, at least in the US. I don't think parents would want their kids to watch a cartoon where a possessed sword chases people around (this is literally how I picture Honedge's debut episode to be). It also doesn't help that Honedge looks more like an item than a Pokemon imo; parents might mistake it for a real weapon and might freak out.

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    Honestly, I think it will be banned similar to the Porygon family, at least in the US. I don't think parents would want their kids to watch a cartoon where a possessed sword chases people around (this is literally how I picture Honedge's debut episode to be). It also doesn't help that Honedge looks more like an item than a Pokemon imo; parents might mistake it for a real weapon and might freak out.
    Tell that to the possessed knight armor in BW.

Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    Tell that to the possessed knight armor in BW.
    But that was an inanimate object that was just possessed. Honedge on the other hand, while based on an inanimate object, is also a Pokemon. It's a living thing with a mind of its own. The fact that it resembles a dangerous weapon will likely draw negative attention toward it in my opinion. It just seems tactless to show a Pokemon that's based on something dangerous; I just don't see that being okay in the US.

And Arceus is a "god". Plus, there are countless of already 'scary" Pokémon and, though they don't resemble weapons, look weapon'y enough. Like Metagross. Etc. I honestly don't Think there will be any problem. The possessed Armor with the Sword in BW should be 'much worse' than a Pokémon resembling/possessing a sword.
    Is apparantly Dragon Type in the Friend Safari. Neat.

One of these Spoilers has a very Hot Chick hidden. One has Yaoi. And one will eat your Soul. Choose at your own risk~

Spoiler:- Number 1:

Spoiler:- Number 2:

Spoiler:- Number 3:

But that was an inanimate object that was just possessed. Honedge on the other hand, while based on an inanimate object, is also a Pokemon. It's a living thing with a mind of its own. The fact that it resembles a dangerous weapon will likely draw negative attention toward it in my opinion. It just seems tactless to show a Pokemon that's based on something dangerous; I just don't see that being okay in the US.
    According to the main site Honedge is a departed spirit that possessed a sword. So Honedge is a possessed object like the possessed armor in Best Wishes. Now that I look back to that episode, I think it was an Easter Egg referring to the possessed swordmon.

If I rememeber correctly, Scyther and Bisharp have blades on their arms. When have they gotten negative attention in the anime. It's not like kids don't think they'll be dangerous when they try to cosplay those two Pokémon and have knives taped to their arms.

The only problem I can see with Honedge is if it becomes a frequently appearing Pokemon (pretend Jessie's X&Y Pokemon). I still see McDonalds selling Pokemon toys with pokemon owned by Ash and co., and TR.
    All Honedge needs to do is make one appearance, and if there is negative attention drawn, it will be to a minimum.
    <Signature in Progress>

Credit goes to FairyWitch of Flower Paradise Graphics!
    Proud member of Dracaena!

I do not think they would remove Honedge. They would be more likely to remove any and all deaths in Pokemon. (Though that would be very bad.) There have been Sarcophagi (Cofagrigus)... where DEAD people are placed. It was not banned from the anime, so most likely, Honedge would not be, either.

I have officially claimed Mew (Pokemon), Poo (EarthBound) and EarthBound itself.

Um, no. Honedge is literally just a possessed sword;

Honedge comes into being when a departed spirit inhabits a sword that once belonged to humans. It can use the blue cloth attached to its hilt as nimbly as an arm. If you were to carelessly take this blade in hand, you may find that blue cloth wrapping around you...draining the energy from your body!
    The thing that possessed the armor likely had a mind of its own, just like the spirit in Honedge does.

i want to say they wouldnt really ban it but im not sure

they only banned 3(maybe 2?) pokemons, porygon, kadabra and jynx maybe?
    i really hope they dont ban it

Quote Originally Posted by Azurewing View Post
    i want to say they wouldnt really ban it but im not sure

they only banned 3(maybe 2?) pokemons, porygon, kadabra and jynx maybe?
    i really hope they dont ban it
    Origins of Honedge?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4xoVDajRNg
    1:42
    Also the Vid mentioned by you in a previous thread :P
    Last edited by Sobe0047; 20th July 2013 at 2:53 PM.
    Rebuilding... From Emerald on Up...
    HeartofGold Complete
    Now Playing - Black

Trading between D/P/Plat/HG/SS, And Black (1) only. (Will change soon)
    I have any Item you need.
    -Master Balls
    -Ev Boosting Items (Power Band, Power Lens, etc.)
    -Spreadable PKRS Infected Starter Pokes
    -All Stones
    -Berries
    -Rare Candies
    -Evolution Items

and much much more.
    Looking for untouched LEGIT Events or Unwanted Shinies and Legends.
    PM Me with your requests and offers.

Pokemon Heart of Gold FC
    : 1207-0706-5664
    Pokemon Black FC: NA ATM
    [IMG]http://i43.*******.com/33yi0s0.png[/IMG] <-- Free Hellsing Episodes. Click Me.
    [IMG]http://i40.*******.com/2cwphy8.png[/IMG][IMG]http://i41.*******.com/2uz47cm.png[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Sobe0047 View Post
    Origins of Honedge?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4xoVDajRNg
    1:42
    Also the Vid mentioned by you in a previous thread :P
    .....i cannot believe i missed that

EDIT

WAIT!! the origins of alot of pokemons are horribly wrong(as in creepy) but they still ended up in pokemon, like yamask now that i think about it,its kinda of the same...i think

uh, I can't think of a single kids show that has ever censored or cut out a sword from a kids show.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Porygon-Banned for causing seizures.
    Kadabra-Somewhat banned for the magician controversy and the star on it's head.
    Honedge-Unless he takes the life of something (brutally) no reason to cut him. Hell since 4Kids long lost their license, the dub has less reason to do so.
    Honedge will be fine... I hope.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122

Baking Soda, I got Baking Soda!

If Honedge were a gun or a knife, there may be problems. But since he's a weapon that few people have nowadays, I don't see Honedge being booted off.
    Shokotan: "And then, in Extremespeed Genesect: The Awakening of Mewtwo, we meet another Mewtwo!"
    Yuyama: "Yes, I thought it'd be better if it was a different Mewtwo."
    Good for you Yuyama. Too bad you've singlehandedly torpedoed any lingering respect I and anyone else had for you.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast