Page 10 of 36 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: BWS2DA!E8 - Ash & Butterfree! Until the Day We Meet Again!! [FIRST POST 06/01]

What are the chances of butterfree still wearing that thing after all this time? I mean what if if was taken off prior to that screenshot or simply that it took it off after it left Ash? I would have actually been surprised if it was still wearing the scarf.
    Ash's team right now

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

If you deny any sort of existence of Iris's hair, put this into your sig (started by 5ilVer)

In the Battle Frontier opening Spurt!, Butterfree is shown wearing the scarf. That doesn't mean it will be if it appears in this episode, but that's the last time (aside from the Sinnoh flashback) it's been seen.

Quote Originally Posted by STICKTOPIA View Post
    What are the chances of butterfree still wearing that thing after all this time? I mean what if if was taken off prior to that screenshot or simply that it took it off after it left Ash? I would have actually been surprised if it was still wearing the scarf.
    Strongly agreed, we have little context with the Butterfree and Ash.

There are many reasons why it's not wearing the scarf/ribbon, whatever you want to call it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mijumarukun View Post
    In the Battle Frontier opening Spurt!, Butterfree is shown wearing the scarf. That doesn't mean it will be if it appears in this episode, but that's the last time (aside from the Sinnoh flashback) it's been seen.
    I don't know the validity of openings, as to whether or not they are canon. They could just be symbolic as an explanation for why Oak's lab apparently has Charizard, Squirtle, and Primeape in the Best Wishes 2 opening.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    I think it's the other way around; the Butterfree seems sad. Ash just looks surprised and/or slightly worried to me. That could easily be explained by Ash noticing that the Butterfree seems depressed and knowing him, he'd probably go out of his way to help it (from the Beedrill I'm assuming if they appear here).
    Ash looking surprised with his arms held out like if he is going to embrace the Butterfree. Either the writers hit a new low with making him "think" it's his Butterfree, making him even less intelligent, or it's his Butterfree.
    - Claimed:

-XY, already better than Best Wishes.xD

Pokemon Y Team:

Greninja
    Talonflame
    Pikachu
    Venusaur
    Flygon
    Aggron

3DS FC: 1993-7360-7585

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    I don't know the validity of openings, as to whether or not they are canon. They could just be symbolic as an explanation for why Oak's lab apparently has Charizard, Squirtle, and Primeape in the Best Wishes 2 opening.
    I think the Oak's lab shot is just a reaffirmation of a retcon. Why else would Oak have Charizard ready to be sent at Ash's request? Normally, that would require time, but it didn't. It was done instantly, meaning that Charizard was in fact at Oak's Lab. I think we can therefore take it that Squirtle, Primeape, and Gliscor are also at Oak's and their 'training' has ended and have been returned to Oak.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

The Oak shot was Pokemon Ash can call upon, they are not all at Oak's lab.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Quote Originally Posted by diakyu View Post
    The Oak shot was Pokemon Ash can call upon, they are not all at Oak's lab.
    I didn't know ash could call on primape.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    He's still Ash's Pokemon, so one can assume he can still call upon him. Just because he hasn't doesn't mean he can't.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    I think the Oak's lab shot is just a reaffirmation of a retcon. Why else would Oak have Charizard ready to be sent at Ash's request? Normally, that would require time, but it didn't. It was done instantly, meaning that Charizard was in fact at Oak's Lab. I think we can therefore take it that Squirtle, Primeape, and Gliscor are also at Oak's and their 'training' has ended and have been returned to Oak.
    No. Ash asked Oak to phone Liza and teleport Charizard to him. Then Ash transferred Unfezant for Charizard. There was no retcon of any kind.

Let's just hope that butterfree will be back for one episode,
    Ash really doesn't need another fail pokemon.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    No. Ash asked Oak to phone Liza and teleport Charizard to him. Then Ash transferred Unfezant for Charizard. There was no retcon of any kind.
    There couldn't have been any retcon anyway since the Charicific Valley was explicitly mentioned in the actual episode.

Unless by retcon, someone means that Charizard is done at Charicific valley and doesn't need to be there any more, I guess that's plausible, but unlikely and hardly qualifies as a retcon.

And before any possible arguments, transferring a Poke ball from one location to another, DOES NOT take that long, ESPECIALLY given that we didn't see what happened in a 1:1 time ratio, there was a time skip of some kind in the episode.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Has anyone wondered how Butterfree took off its own scarf?

I'm mindblown.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

The fact that Primape appeared along with (most) of Ash's Pokemon at Oak's Lab should mean Primape is still a possibility.

Though if Primape will ever be used again is debatable (maybe if GF decides to give Primape an evo).

Quote Originally Posted by OceanicLanturn View Post
    Has anyone wondered how Butterfree took off its own scarf?

I'm mindblown.
    1. The wind
    2. It learned psychic
    3. A predator ate it
    4. The elements eventually ate away at it
    5. He gave it to his kids
    6. He gave it to the god of pokedeath so he could live to see his kids.
    7. A poacher stole it

Quote Originally Posted by Arjan View Post
    Let's just hope that butterfree will be back for one episode,
    Ash really doesn't need another fail pokemon.
    I don't think that Butterfree is a 'fail' Pokémon at all. He clearly didn't have that great a movepool in the early days, his best moveset would have been: - Tackle, Confusion, Gust and Psybeam. Now he's got the likes of Bug Buzz, Silver Wind and Aerial Ace to improve his usage and type-coverage...
    98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by crawdauntpro View Post
    I don't think that Butterfree is a 'fail' Pokémon at all. He clearly didn't have that great a movepool in the early days, his best moveset would have been: - Tackle, Confusion, Gust and Psybeam. Now he's got the likes of Bug Buzz, Silver Wind and Aerial Ace to improve his usage and type-coverage...
    It hasn't really had alot of time to really do anything super important before it left. I doubt they will have it do something significant now after all this time.

My ideal battle ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    It hasn't really had alot of time to really do anything super important before it left. I doubt they will have it do something significant now after all this time.
    Maybe not now but maybe before Ash leaves to go to the 6th Gen Region he'll do a catch up episode at Oak's Lab and see what new tricks everyone has learned?
    98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by crawdauntpro View Post
    Maybe not now but maybe before Ash leaves to go to the 6th Gen Region he'll do a catch up episode at Oak's Lab and see what new tricks everyone has learned?
    They didn't do a lab episode in DP so don't get your hopes up that much.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    Hence why I said 'maybe' LOL :P

They didn't, but this whole arc is specifically about them going to kanto, and both iris and cilan aren't even from there so I think they would have to explain where they are leaving To when they get there.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

They didn't, but this whole arc is specifically about them going to kanto, and both iris and cilan aren't even from there so I think they would have to explain where they are leaving To when they get there.
    It's the journey that counts not the destination. They'll get to Kanto when Godot finally arrives.

Don't get me wrong, if you see me posting you know lab episodes are probably some of my favourite episodes, I whined about not having one in DP and I whined about not having one with the Isshu pokemon at the start of the N arc so I want to see one but I can just see them saying, "oh we have them the lab shot in the opening thats enough!" and moving on, before we knew they were coming back to Kanto I even said I would like to see another Kanto filler arc with Satoshi showing Iris and Dent around.

Don't get me wrong, if you see me posting you know lab episodes are probably some of my favourite episodes, I whined about not having one in DP and I whined about not having one with the Isshu pokemon at the start of the N arc so I want to see one but I can just see them saying, "oh we have them the lab shot in the opening thats enough!" and moving on, before we knew they were coming back to Kanto I even said I would like to see another Kanto filler arc with Satoshi showing Iris and Dent around.
    I loved the lab episode in Hoenn with all the character interaction, it was so fun. I hope they have one at the end of the DA saga (or arc?)

Well, I'll be. That is the current model for Ash, so this isn't a flash back. It would be great if that was his Butterfree. Why else would they use such an old Pokemon in a new episode?
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this into your sig if you are too.†

Kinda want this to happen:

Ash & co. get to an island that's divided by 2 forests, the Butterfree and the Beedrill forest (like the Heracross-Pinsir)
    Ash & co. get attacked by Beedrills (because they were in their territory) and get to the Butterfree side
    Ash sees his old Butterfree, flashbacks, etc
    Ash finds out Butterfree's babies are now butterfrees themselves living in the forest
    TR appears and plans to steal the Beedrill and the Butterfree
    TR steals the Beedrill and the Butterfree as Ash & co. are leaving the island
    One of Butterfree's babies managed to escape and goes to ask for help to Ash (thus explaining the picture and why that Butterfree doesn't have the yellow ribbon or whatever it was, and it explains why Ash looks emotional kinda)
    As & co. save the Butterfree and Beedrill with the help from baby Butterfree
    They live happily ever after ^^

Page 10 of 36 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast