Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: BWS2DA!E8 - Ash & Butterfree! Until the Day We Meet Again!! [FIRST POST 06/01]

Quote Originally Posted by CyberBlaziken View Post
    Weird. That scan page didn't show the scarf it had..

Why is Claire in the background?
    Because there is going to be a clair episode.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

Quote Originally Posted by CyberBlaziken View Post
    Weird. That scan page didn't show the scarf it had..

Why is Claire in the background?
    Obviously for a different episode, fool, ya fool

But I also noticed that Butterfree didn't ave on his scarf, maybe it's the magazine designer's mistake.

if its really ashs butterfree i am gonna be so happy lol. its almost 700+ episodes since it left. it didnt last long in his team either. this should be interesting and butterfree has baby caterpies XD.
    “We do have a lot in common.
    The same air, the same Earth, the same
    sky.
    Maybe if we started looking at
    what's the same instead of
    always looking at what's different,
    ...well, who knows?”
    ― Meowth

Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    Yea squirtle was there too, right next to bulbasaur, although it being there at least seems more reasonable.
    Not more logical then Charizard being at Oak's lab. Definite retcon shift concerning the 'training'-paradigm. At first we always thought it was everlasting, and Ash sometimes calls upon them. This retcon shift, with Charizard being the proof at this point, and the opening being a secondary implication, we can deduce that 'training' doesn't last for ever, and that the 'intraining'-pokemon have been returned to Oak.

I just can't see it any other way. Perhaps Primeape was included at Oak's ranch because the target audience would be seeing the capture in BWn8, but would likely have never seen the 'intrainingment' of Primeape. And hence the writers thought: "oh what the heck, might as well retcon it and put all of the 'trainees' back at Oak.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    I'm going to guess Butterfree is living in an island, something happens and Satoshi helps Butterfree and his family/friends and we get a sad goodbye at the end again,, well atleast Satoshi will know where his Butterfree is.

Also I forgot how cute Butterfree is .
    Sounds like a good scenario, I'm expecting Beedrill to be the badguy here.

Quote Originally Posted by nuzamaki90 View Post
    I swear my pants blew up when I saw Butterfree with Ash again

Probably because you guys don't know how much I loved Ash's Butterfree as a child, I thought he made the whole Butterfree species badass.

First Charizard, then Clair, now Butterfree? ZOMG PLEASE LET LAPRAS BE NEXT!
    This is the most raunchy, nasty response I've ever read. I'm throroughly repulsed by it.

I think it is far more likely to expect: Charizard, Butterfree (June), Clair (taking Iris with her in September). And Lapras perhaps somewhere in the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by MastersOfMonsters View Post
    I still remember being so angry when Butterfree left, never to be seen again. But I am very happy he will finally appear (most likely) again. Somehow, I see Ash looking up at the sky, seeing something flying rapidly towards him, and just when he sees what it is, Butterfree crashes into his head, knocking them both out (to wake up later, happily hugging). That's unlikely to happen, but still.

Also, before Lapras, I wanna see poor Primape. D:
    I think we'll just see Primeape at the lab, there's no reason for it not to be there considering Charizard was.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDragonfangirl View Post
    YAY!! Lets bring back all of Ash's old Pokemon that left him!! Butterfree was one of my favorites among them, just awesome! I'm loving all these. And they are going to Kanto than? Man, I can't wait.
    It's a bit too much for me really. Charizard coming from Oak's lab must have meant the retcon of Primeape, Squirtle and Gliscor as well. Which means we'll only have issues with Pidgeot, Lapras and Butterfree. We know where Pidgeot is, we will now know where Butterfree is, the only one we don't really know is Lapras as he drifts over the oceans between OI, Kanto and Johto. If we find Lapras in this arc as well, then it will likely be in a set place from there on out. From this point on, these three released pokemon could be called up again, just like Charizard, Squirtle and Gliscor were. It's just too much of a backwards development.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

Part of me is excited and feeling nostaligic about its return, however another part of me is thinking that having Butterfree reappear kinda takes away the beauty of Ash releasing it in the episode. For me, Butterfree was all about letting go of someone you deeply care about in order for them to have a better life, and its goodbye scenes always felt so emotional knowing we wouldn't be seeing it again.
    Sig deleted by Hydrohs. Read the sig rules.

Oh good. So maybe now people can shut up about people hating Ash because Butterfree was never to be shown again. I'm glad that's takened care of. How about they just get all of the Kanto pokemon out of the way, that way people don't have to say they never saw them again?

My ideal battle ever!

Quote Originally Posted by KingMinun View Post
    Part of me is excited and feeling nostaligic about its return, however another part of me is thinking that having Butterfree reappear kinda takes away the beauty of Ash releasing it in the episode. For me, Butterfree was all about letting go of someone you deeply care about in order for them to have a better life, and its goodbye scenes always felt so emotional knowing we wouldn't be seeing it again.
    True, and probably when Ash says goodbye to it again in this episode it probably won't be done as well. Reminds me of when Lapras appeared again at the end of Johto.

Someone showed off this picture on another thread (Cilan and Iris farewell I guess), so, is it confirmed ?
    I hope this time Butterfree has learn many impressive moves instead of what he had in the past.

- Silver Wind
    - Quiver Dance
    - Acrobatics/Aerial Ace/Gust
    - Confusion/Psybeam/Psychic
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

What if Butterfree gave its scarf to 1 one of her babies?

butterfree team back to the ash?

@Locormus
    True. If we do see it in the lab, I hope it gets some needed attention, and not just being in the background or something. ^^ (I also wanna see it steal Ash's hat again)
    Is apparantly Dragon Type in the Friend Safari. Neat.

One of these Spoilers has a very Hot Chick hidden. One has Yaoi. And one will eat your Soul. Choose at your own risk~

Spoiler:- Number 1:

Spoiler:- Number 2:

Spoiler:- Number 3:

My reaction to the poster showing Butterfree went something like this; "HUH? BUTTER....BUTTERFREE!? OMGZOMGASDFGHJKL YES YES YES!!! ok ok I'm good, I'm cool... ohhh yeeeeeeeah." So in a rare moment my inner fanboy got to breath some fresh air from the surface. I mean, there was Charizard and that mananged to make me grin, but then Butterfree just unleashed me . No these nostalgic moments won't "fix" certain other things, but I'm starting to think they're definitely on the right track.
    I am the current leader of Save Our Voice Actors, a Pokemon fan group supporting the voice actors in the anime dubbed by 4Kids (seasons 1-8). Our goal is to provide The Pokemon Company international with encouraging feedback in support of returning the main cast members. If you're interested, please visit us at facebook.com/saveourvoiceactors

Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    Not more logical then Charizard being at Oak's lab. Definite retcon shift concerning the 'training'-paradigm. At first we always thought it was everlasting, and Ash sometimes calls upon them. This retcon shift, with Charizard being the proof at this point, and the opening being a secondary implication, we can deduce that 'training' doesn't last for ever, and that the 'intraining'-pokemon have been returned to Oak.

I just can't see it any other way. Perhaps Primeape was included at Oak's ranch because the target audience would be seeing the capture in BWn8, but would likely have never seen the 'intrainingment' of Primeape. And hence the writers thought: "oh what the heck, might as well retcon it and put all of the 'trainees' back at Oak.

Sounds like a good scenario, I'm expecting Beedrill to be the badguy here.

This is the most raunchy, nasty response I've ever read. I'm throroughly repulsed by it.

I think it is far more likely to expect: Charizard, Butterfree (June), Clair (taking Iris with her in September). And Lapras perhaps somewhere in the middle.

I think we'll just see Primeape at the lab, there's no reason for it not to be there considering Charizard was.

It's a bit too much for me really. Charizard coming from Oak's lab must have meant the retcon of Primeape, Squirtle and Gliscor as well. Which means we'll only have issues with Pidgeot, Lapras and Butterfree. We know where Pidgeot is, we will now know where Butterfree is, the only one we don't really know is Lapras as he drifts over the oceans between OI, Kanto and Johto. If we find Lapras in this arc as well, then it will likely be in a set place from there on out. From this point on, these three released pokemon could be called up again, just like Charizard, Squirtle and Gliscor were. It's just too much of a backwards development.
    Charizard still came from the Charicific Valley to Oak's lab and Oak transferred Charizard to Ash. There was no retcon. Why are people going on about a retcon again?

I really hope it's Ash's Butterfree! A Butterfree VS Beedrill episode would be awesome! I'm surprised about Clair too

Platinum FC: 2924 5508 7388

HeartGold FC: 5372 2982 5997

White 1 FC: 3396 3135 0386

Butterfree! It's been ages since we last saw him. I wish he could rejoin Ash, or at least be called upon for battles from time to time. But I think the most likely thing is an episode where they meet again, and then another sad goodbye.

So Ash's Butterfree could potentially re-appear in person.

This will mark a lot of things in the anime and for the future considering it'll be the longest departure and return. Looking forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas MV View Post
    Butterfree! It's been ages since we last saw him. I wish he could rejoin Ash, or at least be called upon for battles from time to time. But I think the most likely thing is an episode where they meet again, and then another sad goodbye.
    Well atleast now we all know that no one has completely abandoned it. I'm happy so that this can finally be at rest. Maybe give the jerks on youtube something to keep their mouths shut.

My ideal battle ever!

I hope Butterfree is returning. If he does they could eventually have Squirtle and Primeape return to the lab, and the other Pokemon Ash left behind like Larvitar

If that's Ash's Butterfree I wonder how it was able to take off that scarf by itself. You know, the one Ash's Butterfree was wearing when it left that this one isn't?

Also pretty convenient how it flew right to the area where Ash is atm.

yeah I don't think that's his

The writers aren't fooling around anymore

16 years later and it's coming back, I can't at the gimmicks right now. Hope it continues with characters as well as it could be very beneficial for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Angel~ View Post
    16 years later and it's coming back, I can't at the gimmicks right now. Hope it continues with characters as well as it could be very beneficial for them.
    That's not confirmed yet though, it could easily be another Butterfree.

Where is his scarf?? The writers are obviously trolling us...like they did with the battle frontier opening!! and the other time Ash wanted to catch another caterpie!!

Quote Originally Posted by duh View Post
    If that's Ash's Butterfree I wonder how it was able to take off that scarf by itself. You know, the one Ash's Butterfree was wearing when it left that this one isn't?

I don't think Butterfree just shows up where Ash is. I think Ash shows up where Butterfree now lives. It traveled over the ocean, right? It had to stop somewhere. I bet it lives on that island. ^^
    Is apparantly Dragon Type in the Friend Safari. Neat.

One of these Spoilers has a very Hot Chick hidden. One has Yaoi. And one will eat your Soul. Choose at your own risk~

Spoiler:- Number 1:

Spoiler:- Number 2:

Spoiler:- Number 3:

Quote Originally Posted by duh View Post

Right, pretty convenient? Like it was convenient for a Kanto fair to appear out of nowhere with just a Charmander that casually gets hurt and makes Ash remember his Charizard.

Yeah, the writers love to create convenient situation for things like this. Butterfrees can use psychic type moves, so he could taken the scarf off with that.

Besides, no reason for showing Ash with a sad face with a random Butterfree, because if it's not his, that wouldn't be important enough to be shown in the scan.

So yeah, it is Ash's Butterfree.

Quote Originally Posted by MastersOfMonsters View Post
    I don't think Butterfree just shows up where Ash is. I think Ash shows up where Butterfree now lives. It traveled over the ocean, right? It had to stop somewhere. I bet it lives on that island. ^^
    Maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas MV View Post
    So yeah, it is Ash's Butterfree.
    Not confirmed, sorry. Also why would Ash be sad to see his own Butterfree?

Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast