Page 30 of 36 FirstFirst ... 20262728293031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: BWS2DA!E8 - Ash & Butterfree! Until the Day We Meet Again!! [FIRST POST 06/01]

Quote Originally Posted by TheSirPeras View Post
    I know right! Why can't we have a Lucario be a douche, we've never seen that. Or a Wurmple.
    Because Ursaring, Beedrill, etc are agressive pokemon by nature.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    Yeah and during the start of Best Wishes they were replaced by Galvantula, Swoobat, Whirlipede and Simisear because it was Unova-only pokemon at the time. Now Beedrill and Ursaring have picked up their old roles again. I like it that way though, it's sorta like a running gag.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    Don't forget aggressive Rhydon and Onix!

We can't even have our aggressive friends the Spearow show up either though, at least not without getting Pidgeot-flashbacks.. -.-
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

We should have some rampaging Primeape that brings flashbacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    So the island is a migratory spot for several species then? I guess that puts the "only Butterfree migrate there" theory to rest. But that Caterpie sounds so cute and I'm actually looking forward to seeing it. I'm tired of Ursaring always being the bad guy though. It's so cliche to have one start trouble.
    No matter how many times I see it, I can't get enough of Ursaring blasting TR away. Especially in Hoenn, in the episode where Ash battles Flannery, I liked how Ursaring popped in the middle of nowhere, and blasted them away.

<--My tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu
    DRACO NO STOP. DRACO DOWN. DRACO NO FLIRTING WITH ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlerama

FF.Net profile: Here!!
    \

Screw all of those.

Rampaging Taillow are the best. No matter how many electric attacks they get, they still remain attacking.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSirPeras View Post
    I know right! Why can't we have a Lucario be a douche, we've never seen that. Or a Wurmple.
    Because it's clear the writers will heavily deviate from the usual attitudes that we'll get some random ones that are far more annoying than we thought they could be. After the last Lucario we saw turned out to be a moron just like his trainer... There's no going back.

so much for Ash's butterfree returning....

Quote Originally Posted by shac View Post
    so much for Ash's butterfree returning....
    yeah... we could all hope for it, but unfortunately it will most likely just be remembering him and seeing him at the end.

Always watching. Always waiting. Never truly at peace in a realm of its own.
    Giratina will return....someday.

Quote Originally Posted by Dephender View Post
    That's it for Ash's Butterfree then. Besides flashbacks I don't see how he can fit in this episode

Quote Originally Posted by Cresselia92 View Post
    Why are you surprised?
    That was not a surprised face.

TRio was an important part of Caterpie's growth, as they gave him the experience to evolve into a Metapod.
    Just because they were important back then doesn't mean they need to show up now. Especially since DA TRio won't add anything to the plot, unlike OS TRio.

Maybe they will appear only as flashbacks.
    I think we both know that won't happen

Quote Originally Posted by Virgil133 View Post
    Just because they were important back then doesn't mean they need to show up now. Especially since DA TRio won't add anything to the plot, unlike OS TRio.
    You can't say that for sure. Likely yes, sure not.

I think we both know that won't happen
    Why not? We got Misty and Brock flashbacks without them appearing physically. The same may happen here, especially if they give the main focus to Ash and Caterpie. And honestly, I will be quite mad if they don't show the part where Caterpie evolves in its entirety:

Spoiler:

A chance to see Ekans and Koffing and Misty once more? Heck, yes!
    MY MAIN FANFICS

Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

Self-made claimer of AntennaShipping {Meguri the Moogle (Original Character / Final Fantasy) x Captain Olimar (Pikmin)}
    and SteakShipping {Ness (MOTHER 2 / Earthbound) x Doremi (Ojamajo Doremi)}

Why not? We got Misty and Brock flashbacks without them appearing physically. The same may happen here, especially if they give the main focus to Ash and Caterpie. And honestly, I will be quite mad if they don't show the part where Caterpie evolves in its entirety:

Spoiler:

Yes!! Ekans need love. The things hasn't appeared it the animé since like, forever.

Spoiler:

Yep, and plus one of the shots from the OS intro.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

Watch this new Caterpie evolve after facing Team Rocket, just like Ash's did.. You know that's exactly the kind of thing these writers will do..

I'm just not looking forward to Caterpie's evolution in the flashback, because I can imagine them turning the whole thing into your generic 'glow and grow' evolution, whereas we all know that's not how it happened..
    OR Playthrough - Route 118

This won't change often.. I play through the games slowly..

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCharyZard View Post
    I'm just not looking forward to Caterpie's evolution in the flashback, because I can imagine them turning the whole thing into your generic 'glow and grow' evolution, whereas we all know that's not how it happened..
    Well things change. I like the new animation so I don't mind.

Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    Well things change. I like the new animation so I don't mind.
    i agree. we will always know how it used to look, but if they want to update it then that's fine.

Always watching. Always waiting. Never truly at peace in a realm of its own.
    Giratina will return....someday.

I can't say enough how much I'm looking forward to this episode...seeing butterfree again, I think I'm gonna cry when I see the pics ^^
    May the odds be EVER in your favor
    Credit to Eeveelover824 for this sig and credit to RondezView for the pink pikachu
    If you are a true Swiftie (a Taylor Swift fan) like me and not scared to show it, "Drop Everything Now" and copy and paste in your signature.

Preview
    - Multiple Butterfee flying in the sky.
    - Ash playing with Caterpie.
    - Caterpie fights Ursaring using String Shot and evolves.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HINSXk9z7OM

Bonnie: Hey, Clauncher, could you do me a favour and marry my brother?
    Clauncher: What? I can understand the old man's senility, but this is just annoying.

Bonnie: Come on, Dedenne! I want that Gym Badge!
    Clauncher: If only this wasn't a kids show.
    3DS FC: 1891 1376 6990. Add me. Wii U Nintendo Network ID: Playerking.

We'll then not against team rocket, but they are doing the string shot Thing again.

Named Admiral Sentret

Why can't Ash keep this Butterfree? First this and then Dunsparce a week later. The writers like to troll me.

I wonder how Metapod evolves. Rematch with Ursaring maybe or vs TR? Or maybe just randomly after training/bonding with Ash

Spoiler:

Good lord they better not dare to touch their hands on those scenes! I don't want to see Ash's Caterpie evolving in a shiny blue light with red eyes, the String Shot evolution was unique and shouldn't be changed. After watching the preview, I'm sure that I don't ever want to see these scenes remade. But apparently, Ash's Butterfree isn't even appearing in the flesh.

Quote Originally Posted by playerking View Post
    Preview
    - Multiple Butterfee flying in the sky.
    - Ash playing with Caterpie.
    - Caterpie fights Ursaring using String Shot and evolves.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HINSXk9z7OM
    Wow.. If this is it, then I'm not even going to watch it. It's definitely just Ash 'reliving' his first capture with this wild Caterpie, that doesn't have half the personality that Ash's first capture had. Yet again fallen victim to misleading Best Wishes-titles/episodes.

Episode starts:
    - Group arrives on Migration Island
    - Ash spots a Caterpie, remembers his own.
    - Apparently, this Caterpie has missed the Butterfree/evolution-spree.
    - Ash wants to help Caterpie evolve, but it keeps on falling asleep..
    - Through circumstances, it manages to evolve twice.
    - Butterfree leaves to be with the rest of the Butterfree.
    - End of episode.

Really, I don't even want to see this episode anymore.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

Quote Originally Posted by AceDetective View Post
    I wonder how Metapod evolves. Rematch with Ursaring maybe or vs TR? Or maybe just randomly after training/bonding with Ash
    Probably through bonding with Ash, which is ironic as it took 51 episodes for Swadloon to do the same.

...Oh boy, the art & animation look absolutely horrifying in this episode.

Kinda looking forward to this episode. I didn't find Ash's Butterfree that spectacular after evolution and OS021 I mostly love for nostalgia reasons, so I don't think anything about the content of this story will "offend" me (except if it's a mindless rehash instead of an homage). I like cute episodes, and cuteness definitely seems to be featured here if only it wasn't for the horrid art style.... It's also always great to see Ash taking care of and being emotionally invested in a Pokémon, so that's something I'm excited for.
    Last edited by Sushi; 6th June 2013 at 12:57 PM.

Run for your lives.

tumblr - livejournal

Well, this went fr.bring the most anticipated episode, to maybe one of the least.

Named Admiral Sentret

Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    Probably through bonding with Ash, which is ironic as it took 51 episodes for Swadloon to do the same.
    It isn't ironic. If something's ironic, I can at least laugh at it. It's just another showcase how the writers can't handle Ash this series.

Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    Well, this went fr.bring the most anticipated episode, to maybe one of the least.
    Can't agree more. I'm starting to think that 'Butterfree' in the title isn't even referring to the old Butterfree. It seems as if Da is rehashing plot/thematical elements from all memorable OS-episodes and giving them lackluster endings.
    - Zoroark: Island of Giant Pokemon - But with none of the plot (groups intermingling to find their friends again) or themes (pokideology) that made the episode stand out.
    - Croconaw: Squirtle Squad
    - Butterfree: Butterfree-rehash
    - Jirachi: Ghost of Maiden Peak? Would probably give the Jirachi-episode too much credit anyway.
    - You tell me..

Page 30 of 36 FirstFirst ... 20262728293031323334 ... LastLast