Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: BWS2DA!E7 - Croconaw & The Pirate King [FIRST POST UPDATED 05/08]

Lets just hope that the awkward ongoing discussion about Ducklett vs. Johto Water-types can stop, it's one of the more ridiculous quarrels I've seen in a while.

Yeah, somebody had to bring up Misty.. :P To be fair, I first thought Azumarill to be hers when we only had the merchandise to go off.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonbw01 View Post
    I'm hoping that the water pokemons shown beloing to Misty.....yay for misty's appearance
    Only Azumarill and technically Ducklett have a chance of belonging to Misty.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

I would love it if misty were to come back fir this episode, but she only trains cite Pokemon and Croconaw isn't to pretty. I have to agree with the general consensus that the Pokemon pm the poster arepiratesand end up straddling something from ash and co. who then try to get out back.

Hey, you! Yeah, you! No, not you in front, you there who likes pokémon. Do you like the animé? Do you ever think you'd like to use pokémon and battle like they do in the show?
    Look no further than the
    Pokémon Animé Style Battling League!
    Come say hello in our Time Out thread and we'll get you started on a wonderful adventure. Training pokémon, fighting Gym Leaders, maybe even catching a Legendary pokémon? The choice is yours!

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    Only Azumarill and technically Ducklett have a chance of belonging to Misty.
    I still say the lab pokemon rebelled and left xD

But ya Misty is not here guys I mean come on at this point lol.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Ash and Butterfree????????

Anyways I don't see how that Crocanaw could be Ash's. I just hope to see palpitoad in this.
    Ash's team right now

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

If you deny any sort of existence of Iris's hair, put this into your sig (started by 5ilVer)

Nah, I don't see Palpitoad showing up, most likely it's going to be Oshawott/Dewott (still have some small hope, just to be horribly and painfully snuffed out), I mean come on really Palpitoad, we all know such a Pokemon doesn't exist....I mean I guess it could a wild Palpitoad, but whatever.

I'd rather see a big badass Seismitoad instead.
    Speaking of which, am I the only who noticed his scalchop broke in half? :P

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceGray View Post
    Speaking of which, am I the only who noticed his scalchop broke in half? :P
    No. xD It's been all over the forums so far. I'm hoping that he gets a new move utilizing his two broken Scalchops; however, I think the writers will just have him get a new one from the island..

Currently writing: The Missing Link!
    Chapters posted: 10
    Please read and review. I'll be eternally grateful.

Probly not Ash's We need to see Ash's Totodile evolve like Cyndaquil did
    Gen I:
    Gen II:
    Gen III:
    Gen IV:
    Gen V:
    Gen VI: Gredinja, Aurorus, Aegislash, Dragalge, Trevenant, Xerneas

Quote Originally Posted by Perapmanta_017 View Post
    Probly not Ash's We need to see Ash's Totodile evolve like Cyndaquil did
    It's practically confirmed that the Croconaw isn't Ash's since it's shown leading a group of random Water-type Pokemon. Not that it really bothers me; I've never cared for this "evolution for the sake of evolution" stuff in the first place. I just want to be entertained right now and this episode (which might be a fun filler) could get the job done easily since a Ducklett is featured and the species is hilarious imo.

It is not Ash's Totodile thank god.

Cyndaquil evolving into Quilava in DP was bad enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    It is not Ash's Totodile thank god.

Cyndaquil evolving into Quilava in DP was bad enough.

So you'd prefer those Pokemon didn't get development, and don't want the writers to fix their Johto mistakes.

Why?
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

So you'd prefer those Pokemon didn't get development, and don't want the writers to fix their Johto mistakes.

Why?
    Coming back years later and evolving cyndaquil randomly isn't fixing johto's mistakes. You can't heal a broken leg with a bandaid.
    Last edited by yuoke; 10th April 2013 at 3:45 AM.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    Coming back years later and evolving cyndaquil randomly isn't fixing johto's mistakes. You can't heal a broekn leg with a bandaid.
    A band aid is better than nothing.

Why?
    It's such a common misconception that evolution always fixes problems that Pokemon may have, when in reality that doesn't always happen and there have been cases where it actually makes things worse. Also, this notion that Johto must be redeemed is becoming tiresome in my opinion given that it ended over a decade ago. I just think it's time to forgive and forget. Besides, most people only seem to want certain Pokemon to evolve because they're bored of them and want something new, hence why I used the term "evolution for the sake of evolution." I'm not saying that's bad, but it's something that I've seen a lot of lately. Anyway, the Croconaw isn't Ash's so there's not much we can do about it. :x

Coming back years later and evolving cyndaquil randomly isn't fixing johto's mistakes. You can't heal a broken leg with a bandaid.
    I'm talking about the mistakes with the Pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    It's such a common misconception that evolution always fixes problems that Pokemon may have
    I'm sorry but let's look at Snivy for example, same moveset as it was when she was first was caught (and no, I don't count leaf blade), and was remained that way for more than 100 episodes.

Yeah let's see how evolution DOESN'T help her problems of being stale.

In Johto only one Pokemon evolved, Chikorita, and yes I'm only referring to Ash's Pokemon. I don't see why "randomly" evolving them (as if such a concept could exist, since there's no such thing as randomly evolving a Pokemon) would not fix any of the problems.

I mean is Ash worse off now that he has a Quilava? I don't know but I'd say Ash is somewhat better off.

And before we bring up the whole Torterra debacle, because I know someone is dying to bring it up. It's not like Torterra was really used in a whole lot of battle.

3 battles:

1 was against an Elite Four Member, yeah we all know why that didn't result in a win.

1 was against Volkner, can't have the ground type do good in an electric type gym.

1 was against Paul, and outside of the idiocy of that fight, Torterra suffered from not being the one who was meant to win.

None of Torterra's battles were written in a way it could've believably win, although one was definitely an unbelievable loss. I get the Drapion is super effective against Torterra, but having it use synthesis, and then just hit with an attack that should've dealt less damage than all that poison type attacks, yeah idiocy.

I would $50 that had Torterra been in another battle, just any other battle, not against someone where the loss/win of said character affects the plot of the storyline, that Torterra would've won.
    ---------------

But yeah, this isn't about Ash's Totodile/Croconaw/whatever, it's just a boring water Pokemon filler, that Palpitoad better be used in.

I'm talking about the mistakes with the Pokemon.

I'm sorry but let's look at Snivy for example, same moveset as it was when she was first was caught (and no, I don't count leaf blade), and was remained that way for more than 100 episodes.

Yeah let's see how evolution DOESN'T help her problems of being stale.

In Johto only one Pokemon evolved, Chikorita, and yes I'm only referring to Ash's Pokemon. I don't see why "randomly" evolving them (as if such a concept could exist, since there's no such thing as randomly evolving a Pokemon) would not fix any of the problems.

I mean is Ash worse off now that he has a Quilava? I don't know but I'd say Ash is somewhat better off.

And before we bring up the whole Torterra debacle, because I know someone is dying to bring it up. It's not like Torterra was really used in a whole lot of battle.

3 battles:

1 was against an Elite Four Member, yeah we all know why that didn't result in a win.

1 was against Volkner, can't have the ground type do good in an electric type gym.

1 was against Paul, and outside of the idiocy of that fight, Torterra suffered from not being the one who was meant to win.

None of Torterra's battles were written in a way it could've believably win, although one was definitely an unbelievable loss. I get the Drapion is super effective against Torterra, but having it use synthesis, and then just hit with an attack that should've dealt less damage than all that poison type attacks, yeah idiocy.

I would $50 that had Torterra been in another battle, just any other battle, not against someone where the loss/win of said character affects the plot of the storyline, that Torterra would've won.
    ---------------

But yeah, this isn't about Ash's Totodile/Croconaw/whatever, it's just a boring water Pokemon filler, that Palpitoad better be used in.
    You're kind of going in circles around the obvious thing. The evolutions are "random" because ash basically never uses the old rehional pokemon ever again, which is why it doesn't mean anything. Mayne ash isn't worse off that cyndaquil evolved but is it helping ash now in unova or later in the next region? The point is, going back to try and fix old region mistakes in the current region doesn't help anything.

Named Admiral Sentret

You're kind of going in circles around the obvious thing. The evolutions are "random" because ash basically never uses the old rehional pokemon ever again, which is why it doesn't mean anything. Mayne ash isn't worse off that cyndaquil evolved but is it helping ash now in unova or later in the next region? The point is, going back to try and fix old region mistakes in the current region doesn't help anything.
    Evolved Pokemon are always welcome. It shows that cyndaquil has finally shed his marketing curse.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Evolved Pokemon are always welcome. It shows that cyndaquil has finally shed his marketing curse.
    Shedding his marketing curse after ten years? More like he isn't marketable any more, right? I mean Dawn they gave a Dawn Cyndaquil, there was no need for Ash to have one.

<--My tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu
    DRACO NO STOP. DRACO DOWN. DRACO NO FLIRTING WITH ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlerama

FF.Net profile: Here!!
    \

Quote Originally Posted by Dracoflare View Post
    Shedding his marketing curse after ten years? More like he isn't marketable any more, right? I mean Dawn they gave a Dawn Cyndaquil, there was no need for Ash to have one.
    well i think it would've been good. I personally think the actual evo was a good thing. The real problem was that in its battle where it should've been allowed to showcase it's improved battling against Armaldo the battle was cut to show tr selling stuff.Had quilava got to truly battle I doubt anyone would've had such a problem with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Luthor View Post
    well i think it would've been good. I personally think the actual evo was a good thing. The real problem was that in its battle where it should've been allowed to showcase it's improved battling against Armaldo the battle was cut to show tr selling stuff.Had quilava got to truly battle I doubt anyone would've had such a problem with it.
    Armando should have won not tied....

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Armando should have won not tied....
    i'm not so sure about that.After all Quilava had something to prove.

Bonnie: Hey, Clauncher, could you do me a favour and marry my brother?
    Clauncher: What? I can understand the old man's senility, but this is just annoying.

Bonnie: Come on, Dedenne! I want that Gym Badge!
    Clauncher: If only this wasn't a kids show.
    3DS FC: 1891 1376 6990. Add me. Wii U Nintendo Network ID: Playerking.

So this is the episode where Pikachu, Meowth and the rest of the twerps mons get lost!!

Love victreebel is been a long time!!

IT would be cool if they gave the pokemon subs like the island of giant pokemon.

Named Admiral Sentret

What are the chances of that Victreebel being James...Since Charizard and Butterfree return why not James first trolling grass!!

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast