Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: BWS2DA!E7 - Croconaw & The Pirate King [FIRST POST UPDATED 05/08]

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    Never going to happen but this episode is a nice homage.
    Yeah, because each of those series aren't really connected, like One Piece, Naruto and Toriko are, they're all Shonen shows I think and each of them are for different target audiences, since One Piece has more adult humour/language.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    Now I feel that this episode will be even worse lol. I disliked that earlier DP filler and I thought this episode might be better than that, although I can't deny the similarities especially since Team Rocket and food are involved. Imo, the whole thing could be redeemed easily if a Pokemon learns a new move in this episode or something though.

Also, the summary makes it sound as if this episode is an anti-piracy commercial or something.

It's all done for hype; titles are often misleading.
    Trust me, I hated it too. If it wasn't for the Piplup development, it could be considered a complete filler.

If it was for an anti-piracy commercial, it's be better than the one here in Australia.

Sure, titles are often hyped, but in this case it's true. They are considered pirates and they probably go around doing bas stuff to people all over the Decolora Islands.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoruagible View Post
    Disappointed Croconaw isn't Ash's. Hopefully Totodile gets mentioned or appears.
    It could, but I don't think so.

Why do I think that?

1. Why would Totodile need to be mentioned, it's not like the episode focus's on Croconaw and it's not like they'll be befriending it and spending time with it, so that Ash can mention how much he likes Totodile.

2. Totodile and Croconaw are different. Sure, there from the same evolutionary family, but that doesn't mean Totodile should be mentioned.

Seriously, Ash remembers his Pokemon, we don't have to see him remember them every time the same Pokemon shows up in the wild or with another trainer or if it's a different Pokemon from the same evolutionary family that appears. How much notsalgia do people need, this is Best Wishes, not the OS, not Johto, not Hoenn and not DP.

Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    Doubt it that seems to be a Charizard privilege.
    Privilege? There we go again, it's like if it happens to a Pokemon it automatically gets places on some sort of pedestal.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    Haha, that's so true that it's actually quite sad.

Anyway, I don't get the summary. It says that Ash and friends want the Pokemon to stop "committing piracy," but all they're doing is stealing food right? What's so bad about that? I mean they obviously have no other food source if they have to resort to stealing to stay alive. It just seems like Ash and friends are making things worse for Croconaw and the others.
    Again, I don't see the big significance and so what if it only happens to Charizard, I think it is one of Ash's most memorable Pokemon amongst the fans who have seen the original episodes.

So, stealing food = good? I'm sure there plenty of food growing on lots of islands that they can eat, why do they need to steal Ash and co.'/Team Rocket's food?

The Pirates are the ones in the wrong here, hence why they've been labeled as Pirates and Pirates/Piracy is not really a thing that kids should think is good. The Pirates are the ones making things worse by stealing from people.

And if people resist, they probably attack them, judging from the scene where Octillery inks Oshawott. So it looks like it's more than just stealing.

Bonnie: Hey, Clauncher, could you do me a favour and marry my brother?
    Clauncher: What? I can understand the old man's senility, but this is just annoying.

Bonnie: Come on, Dedenne! I want that Gym Badge!
    Clauncher: If only this wasn't a kids show.
    3DS FC: 1891 1376 6990. Add me. Wii U Nintendo Network ID: Playerking.

Quote Originally Posted by playerking View Post
    Privilege? There we go again, it's like if it happens to a Pokemon it automatically gets places on some sort of pedestal.
    I listed examples right before you posted.

Random : PokéRadar

Quote Originally Posted by Hikatoshi26 View Post
    Yeah Charizard is the only one to get a improntu flashback and rejoin. How many times did Ash see any of his other pokemon and said nothing about em.
    And it still has done jack nothing that Krookodile or any other member combined couldn't have fixed.. I'm still disappointed to say the least. Dragonite vs. Charizard was tempting, but we all know that Charizard owns it, if it weren't for N, and that Krookodile can take it down just as well.

1. Wild Corphish and Buizel.
    2. Wild Krabby and Kingler.
    3. His own Muk via TV Phone.
    4. Bulbasaur and Squirtle via Oak's presentation.
    5. Team Plasma Grunt's Muk.
    6. Island full of Oshawott

So all of Ash's current non-Unova Water-type Pokemon Species have made appearances (Totodile's evolved form will appear soon) and Muk.
    Sigh.. Palpitoad..

Eitherway, this episode has an odd vibe now. It really does.. First I read the title, and I was 'well, here's that One Piece/Pokemon-crossover that we needed after all these years', but then I read that description and it's offputting as if Pokemon wants to lash out against pirating their games.. -.-
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

So all of Ash's current non-Unova Water-type Pokemon Species have made appearances (Totodile's evolved form will appear soon) and Muk.
    Which is stupid and unfair. It doesn't even make any sense. I get every single time Ash sees a species he owns he isn't going to go crazy, but if the opportunity passes that many amount of times and Charizard is the only one for Ash to even comment on, it's ridiculous. Especially considering Muk and Kingler haven't battled since 200(2?) and the last time we saw Bulbsaur and Squirtle was back when their movesets were considered good for powerhouses

Platinum FC: 2924 5508 7388

HeartGold FC: 5372 2982 5997

White 1 FC: 3396 3135 0386

And people say there is no water curse lol. Poor bastards can't even get a mention much less evolve.

Also #3 doesn't count. He actually freaking saw him so why would he mention it??
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Also #3 doesn't count. He actually freaking saw him so why would he mention it??
    Well that one was more for a brief return like Charizard.

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    And people say there is no water curse lol. Poor bastards can't even get a mention much less evolve.

it's like the writers don't want ash's water type pokemon to evolve. we have seen charizard (who appears quite frequently), but not other pokemon that have been neglected for years or actually need some screen time.
    The Doctor: 'People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually*
    from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff.'
    In other words: Time is Complicated.
    Credit to epicjirachifan, Chapter of Charizard FairyWitch and Astaral Shadow of the Under

Quote Originally Posted by fitzy909 View Post
    it's like the writers don't want ash's water type pokemon to evolve. we have seen charizard (who appears quite frequently), but not other pokemon that have been neglected for years or actually need some screen time.
    The writers had a perfect chance with DP. Charizard, Squirtle, and Bulbasaur didn't appear and the Johto team was sort of used. Perfect time for lesser used Pokémon to get used...but we only get an evolution of Cyndaquil and a win for Noctowl and Heracross. Meanwhile Quilava's battle gets practically cut, Donphan gets 1HKOd by a Shadow Punch, and Heracross loses horribly to Darkrai

Platinum FC: 2924 5508 7388

HeartGold FC: 5372 2982 5997

White 1 FC: 3396 3135 0386

Quote Originally Posted by TheFonz View Post
    The writers had a perfect chance with DP. Charizard, Squirtle, and Bulbasaur didn't appear and the Johto team was sort of used. Perfect time for lesser used Pokémon to get used...but we only get an evolution of Cyndaquil and a win for Noctowl and Heracross. Meanwhile Quilava's battle gets practically cut, Donphan gets 1HKOd by a Shadow Punch, and Heracross loses horribly to Darkrai
    yep. they only focus on the pokemon that are from this gen. they are basically saying that 'you've had your time, now move other to let other pokemon have the spotlight.'
    The Doctor: 'People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually*
    from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff.'
    In other words: Time is Complicated.
    Credit to epicjirachifan, Chapter of Charizard FairyWitch and Astaral Shadow of the Under

Quote Originally Posted by fitzy909 View Post
    yep. they only focus on the pokemon that are from this gen. they are basically saying that 'you've had your time, now move other to let other pokemon have the spotlight.'
    We need some sort of side quest where Ash rotates ALL of his Pokémon. All Pokémon from all previous generations. Something similar to the Battle Frontier but maybe a little harder. Something Victory Road-esqe where he has to battle many other trainers of his caliber.
    I'm currently working on a Pokemon fanfic titled "Sinnoh League - Bastion's Adventure". If you are interested, please give it a look!!!

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8892264/...on-s-Adventure

Bastion's Current Team:

Quote Originally Posted by Buechs44 View Post
    We need some sort of side quest where Ash rotates ALL of his Pokémon. All Pokémon from all previous generations. Something similar to the Battle Frontier but maybe a little harder. Something Victory Road-esqe where he has to battle many other trainers of his caliber.
    A Johto Battle Frontier would have been good is DP didn't drag on for so long.

http://www.dotup.org/uploda/www.dotup.org4211060.jpg

Charizard is mentioned here, but apparently, someone on 2ch says that they're the Charizard Pokemon Pirates or something.

Clauncher: What? I can understand the old man's senility, but this is just annoying.

A group of water pokemon pirates named themselves after a fire-type? Seems pretty fishy to me.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Ash
    Iris
    Cilan
    Pikachu
    Axew
    Jessie
    James
    Meowth
    Charizard (In the new summary(I think))
    Pignite
    Oshawott
    Snivy (In the new summary)
    Yamask
    Woobat
    Officer Jenny
    Parker

Ash
    Iris
    Cilan
    Pikachu
    Axew
    Jessie
    James
    Meowth
    Pignite
    Oshawott
    Yamask
    Woobat
    Officer Jenny
    Parker
    Finally, something other than Oshawott.
    - Claimed:

-XY, already better than Best Wishes.xD

Pokemon Y Team:

Greninja
    Talonflame
    Pikachu
    Venusaur
    Flygon
    Aggron

3DS FC: 1993-7360-7585

Woot!! Charizard <3!!
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Ash
    Iris
    Cilan
    Pikachu
    Axew
    Jessie
    James
    Meowth
    Pignite
    Oshawott
    Yamask
    Woobat
    Officer Jenny
    Parker
    So only 5 of Ash's pokemon? I dislike it when that happens. 6th pokemon never gets love. Unless it's Boldore since it shares VA with Narrator.

So only 5 of Ash's pokemon? I dislike it when that happens. 6th pokemon never gets love. Unless it's Boldore since it shares VA with Narrator.
    Charizard shares its VA with James and Snivy with Jessie (Megumi Hayashibara). That didn't stop their names from appearing in the list

<--My tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu
    DRACO NO STOP. DRACO DOWN. DRACO NO FLIRTING WITH ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlerama

FF.Net profile: Here!!
    \

Quote Originally Posted by Dracoflare View Post
    Charizard shares its VA with James and Snivy with Jessie (Megumi Hayashibara). That didn't stop their names from appearing in the list
    Except they didn't. I said (In the new summary) meaning that we know they're appearing because of the summary, but I'm not 100% on Charizard.

Oh, it seems that Snivy and Pignite will get a quite relevant role here. Now I'm really interested in this episode.
    MY MAIN FANFICS

Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

Self-made claimer of AntennaShipping {Meguri the Moogle (Original Character / Final Fantasy) x Captain Olimar (Pikmin)}
    and SteakShipping {Ness (MOTHER 2 / Earthbound) x Doremi (Ojamajo Doremi)}

The summary made me holler and cringe at the same time; I'm referring to the "unbelievably evil acts" part, which sounds ridiculous since the Pokemon are simply stealing food. I just dislike how it's exaggerated to sound like Croconaw and the others have murdered someone. And it seems that once again, Charizard is doing Unfezant's job. Le sigh.

Awesome that the other pokemon are getting something to do.

No Scraggy , well he probably wouldn't help XD.

Seems to me like his team is the episode N team, since Krokoodile is in this week episode and probably won't be changed much besides when he needs something else or wtv, like possible Gible in the Clair episodes.

Weird since they decided to put Scraggy in the ending.

I have a really good feeling about Snivy's role in this episode. Something's going to happen to her, I'm sure of it.
    Glad to see Pignite back.
    Water 水 - Earth 土 - Fire 火 - Air 气 - Spirits 神靈 - Change 易 - Balance 平衡
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt account

Jessie
    James
    Meowth
    I'm just kinda jaded with whining about their unneeded presence in an episode where we already have incited strife by the Lizardon pirates, at least their Koromori and Desmas are appearing so that likely means they're at least do some small form of battling.

Pignite
    Oshawott
    Lizardon, Chaobu, and Tsutarja? Color me surprised, I've got a new found excitement for this episode. Chaobu and Tsutarja haven't been seen for all of Da!
    as well. Lizardon actually doing something relevant is a much-needed change as well. Don't really care about Mijumaru, unless he's not here to be comedy relief he's already got a substantial amount of screen time in Da! thus far. As much as I love the little guy he could have sat this episode out and Zuruggu could have appeared. Oh well.

Will Tsutarja manage to convince them to stop their piracy!? Will Chaoboo's feelings reach through to them!?
    They go outta there way to mention Tsutarja and Chaobu trying to influence them, that's pretty awesome in itself. I'd love it if Tsutarja got a new move here maybe, Alligates and Marilli are Water-types and can use Aqua Tail after all so Tsutarja learning it and dropping Leaf Storm/Leaf Blade would fit the bill nicely. He probably sends out the starter trio to retaliate against the Lizardon Pirates along with Pikachu. Tsutarja - Alligates, Marilli - Pikachu, Chaobu - Ocutank, and Mijumaru - Koaruhie. A new move for Tsutarja or Chaobu would be nice, Chaobu has a nice moveset but still I'd love to see Head Smash or Wild Bolt on him.

Quote Originally Posted by diakyu View Post
    A group of water pokemon pirates named themselves after a fire-type? Seems pretty fishy to me.
    Niiiiiiccee. :P

And is Nyarth no longer bitter about what happened to the food...!?
    The only part of the summary I don't care for, I guess the Pirates jack Team Rocket's food.

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast