Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: BWS2DA!E7 - Croconaw & The Pirate King [FIRST POST UPDATED 05/08]

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    So when did I say there has to be a 5gen? I said there is no problem with Ducklett there, it could be a Wingull or wtv, we were just talking about your Johto thing as far as I'm concerned, I'm not even sure but at most I migth have said that its not surprising a 5gen is there but I believe I didn't say it.
    Ok I know I read that somewhere....

It would be the same as there being a random Lumineon in a group of Psyduck, Goldeen, Staryu, Shellder, and Seel.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    That's not what I was saying -_-...you said because it is 5 gen, there has to be a 5 gen pokemon which I am saying is crap.
    No, no, no, you're looking at this wrong.

We are still in 5th gen anime, so there still will be 5th generation Pokemon.

It makes no sense to solely focus on non 5th generation Pokemon. Otherwise Zoroark would never be showing up, and we wouldn't be having an Oshawott vs Dewott episode.

And before you argue what I know you are going to argue, Region =/= Generation. Because I'm pretty sure the Battle Frontier did not happen in the 1st generation.

My point is Ducklett being here makes sense because we are still in 5th generation anime. The other Johto Pokemon make sense because we are at the end of 5th generation and so other generation Pokemon showing up, makes sense.

Questioning why a 5th generation Pokemon is showing up in 5th generation ANIME, now that's bullcrap.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    No, no, no, you're looking at this wrong.

We are still in 5th gen anime, so there still will be 5th generation Pokemon.

It makes no sense to solely focus on non 5th generation Pokemon. Otherwise Zoroark would never be showing up, and we wouldn't be having an Oshawott vs Dewott episode.

And before you argue what I know you are going to argue, Region =/= Generation. Because I'm pretty sure the Battle Frontier did not happen in the 1st generation.

My point is Ducklett being here makes sense because we are still in 5th generation anime. The other Johto Pokemon make sense because we are at the end of 5th generation and so other generation Pokemon showing up, makes sense.

Questioning why a 5th generation Pokemon is showing up in 5th generation ANIME, now that's bullcrap.
    Let's look at it this way. If the group of pokemon was: Psyduck, Mudkip, Buizel, Corsola, and Ducklett, then obviously there wouldn't be a problem cuz they are just random watr types.

But they are obviously focusing on the johto water types here so I don't see the need for Ducklett seeing as they could of just used the groups fifth gen pokemon to represent the fifth gen.
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Let's look at it this way. If the group of pokemon was: Psyduck, Mudkip, Buizel, Corsola, and Ducklett, then obviously there wouldn't be a problem cuz they are just random watr types.

But they are obviously focusing on the johto water types here so I don't see the need for Ducklett seeing as they could of just used the groups fifth gen pokemon to represent the fifth gen.
    Well if anything, croconaw is the odd one out because the other three are all in black/white 2.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    Well if anything, croconaw is the odd one out because the other three are all in black/white 2.
    Lol they are still Johto though.

Lol they are still Johto though.
    Okay....but they're not in johto, they're in the islands between kanto and unova. We don't even know what the episode is going to be about yet, but it's not going to be like a johto festival or something. Ducklett is a pokemon of the current gen, so it's not out of place at all.

Named Admiral Sentret

Because there isn't a 2nd generation water/flying Pokemon that can fly and walk on land.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Because there isn't a 2nd generation water/flying Pokemon that can fly and walk on land.
    Well since they are on a raft I would assume the walking isn't really too important. A Mantine could of sufficed as a flying type.

Well since they are on a raft I would assume the walking isn't really too important. A Mantine could of sufficed as a flying type.
    I can't believe you're making such a big deal out of this. They're Water-types, a random assortment of Water-types. That's that, nothing more nothing less. No Jouto symbolism in the slightest, just Water-type Pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by Doryuzu View Post
    I can't believe you're making such a big deal out of this. They're Water-types, a random assortment of Water-types. That's that, nothing more nothing less. No Jouto symbolism in the slightest, just Water-type Pokemon.
    And the random part of having three johto pokemon is??.....

The Ducklett is random though, your right about that.

And the random part of having three johto pokemon is??.....

The Ducklett is random though, your right about that.
    How is a pokemon of the current gen random in any way? This is how the anime has always went. They introduce pokemon of the new gen and we start seeing them mixed with old pokemon. They're all water types, and three of them happen to be johto.

Named Admiral Sentret

Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    How is a pokemon of the current gen random in any way? This is how the anime has always went. They introduce pokemon of the new gen and we start seeing them mixed with old pokemon. They're all water types, and three of them happen to be johto.
    Are you seriously trying to tell me that if there were 8 johto pokemon and 1 sinnoh pokemon that the sinnoh pokemon wouldn't be random?? It's the same thing.

Mind you if it was all 5th gyen pokemon and then a random kanto pokemon it would still be random.

I don't have a problem with the fifth gen pokemon being there but it is random when it's all johto pokemon.

So?

They're on a raft, big deal.

They're not always going to be on a raft.

Quote Originally Posted by IcySealeo View Post
    I think that Croconaw deserves some screentime. Bayleaf was Ash's and Casey's and Quilava is Ash's and Dawn's. So Croconaw is left alone with less screentime than the others.
    Casey's Bayleef only appeared in like one episode for a couple of minutes, so you can't really say that the species got tons of exposure because of that instance.

But regardless, I can't get into this episode because quite frankly, I don't care for any of the Water-types being featured. This whole episode just screams filler unless something incredible happens during the last five minutes, which I don't really expect to see. This may be the first true filler of the Dekorola Islands arc (I loathe the abbreviation).

So?

They're on a raft, big deal.

They're not always going to be on a raft.
    Ya and as the 8th BW 2 gym proved, Mantine doesn't always need water. It can fly.

I can't wait for Croconaw, because it's one of my favorite Pokemon. I'm wondering if Croconaw and its gang are sea-faring pirates or something?

People, why are we still discussing the appearance of a Ducklett?

We can see that it is there. This arc is set between Unova and Kanto. Who knows, Johto might be along the route, and Ducklett can fly! :O

See how this is really a nonissue that you guys have been discussing for 4 pages? And if it is so random, then there's really nothing to argue, because random has no logic most of the time, unless you wanna go into algorithms and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    Casey's Bayleef only appeared in like one episode for a couple of minutes, so you can't really say that the species got tons of exposure because of that instance.

But regardless, I can't get into this episode because quite frankly, I don't care for any of the Water-types being featured. This whole episode just screams filler unless something incredible happens during the last five minutes, which I don't really expect to see. This may be the first true filler of the Dekorola Islands arc (I loathe the abbreviation).
    I agree on loathing the abbreviation. Just like I loathe: 'BWS2DA!E11' for example.. It's faster and easier to understand written out in full. I just go by BWda11, much shorter and quicker to understand.

As for him mentioning Casey's Bayleef, it isn't as if he wrote down Casey's and Ash's Bayleef. I'm surprised you didn't make the same note about Ash and Dawn's Quilava, who collectively only appeared for 4 episodes and a cameo, while Quilava has been used in each league since its debut, which says more about the species I'd say.

As for the episode, I can't see how you can call this the 'first true filler' when we don't even have a clue WHEN it airs. Other episodes that scream filler to me are the Beheeyem, giant Heatmor (unless Palpitoad sho.. Nah), Emolga/TR (if it doesn't end up like the Piplup/TR-episode, which some call filler, but Hydro Pump) and lastly, Cilan's Tasting Time episode. Those all scream filler to me. And since we don't have a clue which episode airs when, I think your statement might be a bit presumptious to say the least.

I like Croconaw, appeared only once in Johto, not counting movies. If the Azumarill is female, I can see some action between Oshawott and the Croconaw, that could be funny, if not overplayed, but yeah..

Who knows, we still have to take a notice of a certain Typhlosion we've seen in the merchandise, eventhough you don't necessarily take merchandise as proof. It could appear here and we'd have an Aqua/Magma-redux! xD

Quote Originally Posted by Ninfia View Post
    I can't wait for Croconaw, because it's one of my favorite Pokemon. I'm wondering if Croconaw and its gang are sea-faring pirates or something?
    I'm expecting them to be at least sea-faring, note they're on a raft, not an island.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

Ya and as the 8th BW 2 gym proved, Mantine doesn't always need water. It can fly.
    It doesn't matter.

All the Pokemon shown can WALK on Land.

Mantine cannot.

I have no idea why you would be arguing Mantine, outside of it being the only Johto Water/flying, but that in of itself is not enough.

Mantine has nothing to offer, it's a primarily underwater Pokemon, that can defy the laws of physics and hover in the air, it is however not useful at all to the group. Ducklett is, because it can likely fly faster and higher in the air, and easily attack on land.

Mantine is comparable to submarine that can act as a blimp when it emerges from the water. Ducklett is the equivalent of a air and land vehicle, like a car that's built like an airplane and can fly pretty fast.

And before you argue, the other Pokemon, especially Octillery, can be used underwater, if you need an underwater Pokemon, since at least one of the Pokemon would have to be a good scout, for when the others go underwater, and Ducklett is the only appropriate Pokemon that works for that sense.
    Last edited by dman_dustin; 26th March 2013 at 7:48 PM.

If they are a group of pirates, then croconaw-captain, azumarril-secondary crew member, octillery-cannon, And ducklett-lookout guy, to see keep watch when they go around.

Named Admiral Sentret

Are you seriously trying to tell me that if there were 8 johto pokemon and 1 sinnoh pokemon that the sinnoh pokemon wouldn't be random?? It's the same thing.
    Are you guys seriously still arguing about this lol
    Listen, if it was a random Arceus there, it would be random. Unless it had the plate that makes it a water type but that's another thing. It's a water type together with other water types. Why is that such abig deal?

It doesn't matter.

All the Pokemon shown can WALK on Land.

Mantine cannot.

I have no idea why you would be arguing Mantine, outside of it being the only Johto Water/flying, but that in of itself is not enough.

Mantine has nothing to offer, it's a primarily underwater Pokemon, that can defy the laws of physics and hover in the air, it is however not useful at all to the group. Ducklett is, because it can likely fly faster and higher in the air, and easily attack on land.

Mantine is comparable to submarine that can act as a blimp when it emerges from the water. Ducklett is the equivalent of a air and land vehicle, like a car that's built like an airplane and can fly pretty fast.

And before you argue, the other Pokemon, especially Octillery, can be used underwater, if you need an underwater Pokemon, since at least one of the Pokemon would have to be a good scout, for when the others go underwater, and Ducklett is the only appropriate Pokemon that works for that sense.
    Meh...I don't see why a flying type is even needed though...not like all ships have a lookout parate lol.

Also if a Goldeen could manage on land I'm sure Mantine would be fine. It is an island, it will primarily be on the water.

I'm hoping that the water pokemons shown beloing to Misty.....yay for misty's appearance
    Pokemon X and Y rules!!!

This episode looks like it involves pain and a lot of it. Well, Satoshi might be getting bitten. Just a feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonbw01 View Post
    I'm hoping that the water pokemons shown beloing to Misty.....yay for misty's appearance
    Ugh.....you didn't....

Named Admiral Sentret

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonbw01 View Post
    I'd die a very happy person if that were to happen.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast