Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Team Rocket. Thoughts?

Mystery of the Treasure! Deserted Island Adventure!! airs July 4 and the last episode listed on Bulbapedia but I think there are more episodes than that. We don't have enough information.
    岩根雅明=♡

Yeah, and "Zegeru" isn't his name. If you stopped inventing your own translations in an attempt to be cute, people might take you more seriously.
    Zegeru is not his trademarked spelling (seger) but it is his transliterated name. Don't believe me? (taken from his homepage: ゼーゲ; ze-ge-ru) http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Professor_Seger basically... Zegeru; Seger; Zeger... whatever they are all his name.

Just wanted to make that clear to everyone.
    岩根雅明=♡

Quote Originally Posted by Gothitelle K View Post
    Zegeru is not his trademarked spelling (seger) but it is his transliterated name. Don't believe me? (taken from his homepage: ゼーゲ; ze-ge-ru) http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Professor_Seger basically... Zegeru; Seger; Zeger... whatever they are all his name.

If it's not his official name, it's not his name. Period. The name is what an official source says it is, not what you want it to be, which is why (for example) it's "Zorua" and not "Zoroa."

Just because Dogasu thinks he can invent his own translations doesn't make him right, and you are wrong when you do the same thing. Written Japanese is a complex language and converting it to English is even more complex, and all you seem to be doing is picking katakana off a translation table like Wikipedia's.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 18: Winter of Discontent
    Next: The Weight of the World (Part 1)

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

I asked a mod and they said it was okay as long as I specify who I am talking about. But nonetheless; I'll stick with Seger.
    岩根雅明=♡

Actually the official romanization is the correct way. For example, Zorua might be spelled "Zoroa" in Katakana but the Pokemon Company romanizes it as "Zorua." So it's more of a name change and that's what everyone uses. Not that I'm trying to come down on you, I don't mind what anyone using, I'm just saying. For example, iirc, Cabernet's direct name romanized is "Kaberune" but it's meant to be "Cabernet"(In reference to the type of wine.") or how "Airisu" is meant to be "Iris"(The type of flower which all Gym Leaders and Elites are named after.)

I always thought it was Dr. Zager....
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    I always thought it was Dr. Zager....
    That's just his dub name.

(Banner by Matori)

The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

I hope the main reason why Ash is going back to Kanto is because it would now a perfect time to end Team Rocket once and for all.
    I don't know why they didn't do it Kanta Battle frontier of AG (Maybe because TR were not the main Antagonist much like in BW) There must be a reason why Team Rocket were more of a threat than they were in AG & DP. It's got to be that the writers want to write off Team Rocket and planed that Gen V would be there last arc. I just hope a TR Finale is waiting in front of the new XY Saga in a form of the Team Galactic finale. What if Zekrom is serving the same role as Mesprit did in the first DP episode and appeared Fully 150 DP episodes later. Could Zekrom's role be to destroy Team Rocket, is that why it appeared and zapped the TRio in the first BW episode?

My FireRed Champs:

My HeartGold Team:

My Black Team:

My White Team:

My White 2 Team So Far:

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler View Post
    That's just his dub name.
    So it's Sager in the original??
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

With all these spoilers coming out and nothing about Team Rocket trio leaving I don't see them gone till the end of the series like Ash. Meowth has been fine, I hope they work Jessie and James out next series though, they seem confused how to write them these days =/
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

Honestly the one thing I will say about TR is at least their costumes are improving.

I've liked alot of their costumes;
    岩根雅明=♡

I've liked alot of their costumes;
    Ya but in the first episode of the new arc is the first time that I've actually been fooled by one of James's costumes.

Ya but in the first episode of the new arc is the first time that I've actually been fooled by one of James's costumes.
    true; some of their disguises, you have to wonder "how can people not see that it's them?!"
    岩根雅明=♡

true; some of their disguises, you have to wonder "how can people not see that it's them?!"
    Meh, Ash has the brain of a 5 year old so it's no too shocking lol. Although how the older members don't see it is crazy.

岩根雅明=♡

Lmfao wow Ash and the crew are brain dead *facepalms*

So it's Sager in the original??
    "Seger-Hakase," which more or less translates into "Dr. Seger." It's from a type of pyrometric cone called the Seger Cone, which makes a certain amount of sense when you consider that he debuted as part of the Meteonite arc.

"Dr. Zager" is just a corrupted romanization of it.

(Banner by Matori)

The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

"Seger-Hakase," which more or less translates into "Dr. Seger." It's from a type of pyrometric cone called the Seger Cone, which makes a certain amount of sense when you consider that he debuted as part of the Meteonite arc.

"Dr. Zager" is just a corrupted romanization of it.
    I really don't understand the dub and gamefreak sometimes....I hate when they change names and things by like one letter. Like Emonga. WTF is the point of the l in the English version?? It's just weird.

I really don't understand the dub and gamefreak sometimes....I hate when they change names and things by like one letter. Like Emonga. WTF is the point of the l in the English version?? It's just weird.
    As far as Emolga's case goes, I think I heard something once about "mong" being an offensive slang term in Britain or something?

That doesn't explain Cofagrigus but it's something.

(Banner by Matori)

The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

As far as Emolga's case goes, I think I heard something once about "mong" being an offensive slang term in Britain or something?

That doesn't explain Cofagrigus but it's something.
    Lol wow -_-.....it's not like it's name is just Mong or anything *facepalms*

I remember in the Absol episode in Hoenn, Team Rocket were literally just wearing hats and Ash and co fell for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Complexity View Post
    I remember in the Absol episode in Hoenn, Team Rocket were literally just wearing hats and Ash and co fell for it.
    yeah I remember that one was well XD
    岩根雅明=♡

Hmm... I'm not so sure what's going on with Team Rocket for now. :/

So far I like them in "Episode N" a lot as being in unpredictable but I'm fine with them acting silly or serious, just as long as they don't appear in every episode as plot.

Ash: Now I choose you!
    Electro Ball!

-Pikachu: PikaPika-Chu-Pi!-

Quote Originally Posted by Ash&Pikachu-Fan View Post
    Hmm... I'm not so sure what's going on with Team Rocket for now. :/

So far I like them in "Episode N" a lot as being in unpredictable but I'm fine with them acting silly or serious, just as long as they don't appear in every episode as plot.
    Who knows what's up with TRio anymore? Who are they anymore? O_O

I wish they'd leave the anime, personally. I never thought I'd dislike them as much as I do in BW. I can't make out whether their supposed to be serious, goofballs/idiots, or both. It gives me a headache tbh. rofl.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast