Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 114

Thread: Team Rocket. Thoughts?

  1. #26
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    2,027

    Default

    No matter how much you guys say "I just want TR to leave", they won't ever leave. The day TR's story is over is the day the final episode of the anime ends.

    TRio have appeared in more episodes than any other character of Pokemon besides Ash and Pikachu. They've been with Ash and Pikachu longer than Brock and Misty. Jessie, James, and Meowth are like older siblings to Ash and Pikachu. Even though they obviously hate each other, they've pushed their differences aside to help each other when they're in a time of need.

    Saying you want the TRio to leave is basically saying you want Ash and Pikachu to leave, and even though some of you do, you gotta realize its just not happening.

  2. #27

    Default

    ^ True. I personally don't want them to leave. I love their funny moments but then I do realize that they will changed overtime.
    岩根雅明=♡

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Undisclosed TR base
    Posts
    147

    Default

    I have to agree with Gothitelle: I had no problem with the way they were in AG and DP. I'm not begging for hate by admitting that; I'm a diehard TRio fan, and will love them always no matter what. The way they've been acting in Episode N is, as Cilan would probably say, a harmonious and tasteful blend of humor and seriousness. If you're going to make them more competent, you have to remember not to bleach out their personalities--and I'm not talking about making them robots; I'm talking about keeping in mind that these characters have certain personality traits that they just aren't the same without. So kudos to the writers for making this Rocket fan extremely pleased.
    Friend Safari: Fighting with Meditite, Tyrogue & Sawk.
    3196-3352-8113
    Kanto villains? Why are you here?!
    Because Unova villains are too stupid to take over Unova!
    [IMG]http://i57.*******.com/2a6uxwo.jpg[/IMG]
    Sig made by me, unfortunately.

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,066

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gothitelle K View Post
    ^ True. I personally don't want them to leave.
    Your posts kind of indicate you do want them to leave :/

  5. #30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RocketToTheMoon View Post
    I have to agree with Gothitelle: I had no problem with the way they were in AG and DP. I'm not begging for hate by admitting that; I'm a diehard TRio fan, and will love them always no matter what. The way they've been acting in Episode N is, as Cilan would probably say, a harmonious and tasteful blend of humor and seriousness. If you're going to make them more competent, you have to remember not to bleach out their personalities--and I'm not talking about making them robots; I'm talking about keeping in mind that these characters have certain personality traits that they just aren't the same without. So kudos to the writers for making this Rocket fan extremely pleased.
    No ones going to hate for liking DP/AG, though it's not a common opinion here. But I agree with everything here. :]
    岩根雅明=♡

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,066

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gothitelle K View Post
    No ones going to hate for liking DP/AG, though it's not a common opinion here. But I agree with everything here. :]
    Why do you call Zager Zegeru? His Japanese name is Seger.

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    New Tork City
    Posts
    7,745

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gothitelle K View Post
    but then this anime is known not to have a plot... something that most fans want.
    Try watching something like K-ON!! and then claim this doesn't have a plot.

    Zegeru
    Seriously?

    [QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothitelle K View Post
    ... and then I have every right to use any name I want.
    Yeah, and "Zegeru" isn't his name. If you stopped inventing your own translations in an attempt to be cute, people might take you more seriously.

    Quote Originally Posted by RocketToTheMoon

    I have to agree with Gothitelle: I had no problem with the way they were in AG and DP. I'm not begging for hate by admitting that; I'm a diehard TRio fan, and will love them always no matter what. The way they've been acting in Episode N is, as Cilan would probably say, a harmonious and tasteful blend of humor and seriousness. If you're going to make them more competent, you have to remember not to bleach out their personalities--and I'm not talking about making them robots; I'm talking about keeping in mind that these characters have certain personality traits that they just aren't the same without. So kudos to the writers for making this Rocket fan extremely pleased.
    So again I must ask: character development is a bad thing now? Because whether you like it or not they didn't become "different" characters as some so much want to believe.

    Would it be bad if Ash actually became a Pokemon Master, because one of his 'personality traits' is that he really wants to become one?
    Last edited by The Great Butler; 24th March 2013 at 2:58 AM.

    (Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 18: Winter of Discontent
    Next: The Weight of the World (Part 1)

    The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate


    Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,066

    Default

    This show does have a plot. And it's not that hard to figure that out.

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Undisclosed TR base
    Posts
    147

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gothitelle K
    No ones going to hate for liking DP/AG, though it's not a common opinion here. But I agree with everything here. :]
    I was trying to avoid another blazing argument with the disclaimer ^^;

    I don't want them to leave either. Like nuzamaki90 said, they've been around since the very beginning, and the show just isn't the same without them. When they leave for good, the show will end. Same with Ash winning a league.
    ...Or so I hope.
    Friend Safari: Fighting with Meditite, Tyrogue & Sawk.
    3196-3352-8113
    Kanto villains? Why are you here?!
    Because Unova villains are too stupid to take over Unova!
    [IMG]http://i57.*******.com/2a6uxwo.jpg[/IMG]
    Sig made by me, unfortunately.

  10. #35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RocketToTheMoon View Post
    I was trying to avoid another blazing argument with the disclaimer ^^;

    I don't want them to leave either. Like nuzamaki90 said, they've been around since the very beginning, and the show just isn't the same without them. When they leave for good, the show will end. Same with Ash winning a league.
    ...Or so I hope.
    Yeah, I guess that TR will leave once Satoshi wins a league. [But then pigs will fly.]
    岩根雅明=♡

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,066

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RocketToTheMoon View Post
    I was trying to avoid another blazing argument with the disclaimer ^^;

    I don't want them to leave either. Like nuzamaki90 said, they've been around since the very beginning, and the show just isn't the same without them. When they leave for good, the show will end. Same with Ash winning a league.
    ...Or so I hope.
    I don't know. They weren't in a lot of episodes in BW and the show still felt the same to me except this time it felt fresher and less repetitive.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gothitelle K View Post
    Yeah, I guess that TR will leave once Satoshi wins a league. [But then pigs will fly.]
    Satoshi? Don't you mean Asharooroo?
    Last edited by Pokemaniac24; 24th March 2013 at 3:01 AM.

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Undisclosed TR base
    Posts
    147

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gothitelle K
    Yeah, I guess that TR will leave once Satoshi wins a league. [But then pigs will fly.]
    It's not really that they will leave, more like the show will just end. I'm pretty sure they'll stick around until the very last episode (which will probably be like an epilogue of sorts, attempting a last-ditch effort at trying off all the loose ends that have accumulated throughout all of the seasons).

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24
    I don't know. They weren't in a lot of episodes in BW and the show still felt the same to me except this time it felt fresher and less repetitive.
    Are you referring to Episode N by "this time"?
    Friend Safari: Fighting with Meditite, Tyrogue & Sawk.
    3196-3352-8113
    Kanto villains? Why are you here?!
    Because Unova villains are too stupid to take over Unova!
    [IMG]http://i57.*******.com/2a6uxwo.jpg[/IMG]
    Sig made by me, unfortunately.

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,066

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RocketToTheMoon View Post
    It's not really that they will leave, more like the show will just end. I'm pretty sure they'll stick around until the very last episode (which will probably be like an epilogue of sorts, attempting a last-ditch effort at trying off all the loose ends that have accumulated throughout all of the seasons).


    Are you referring to Episode N by "this time"?
    I am referring to Best Wishes in general You gotta admit that BW is a much fresher and less repetitive saga.

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    New Tork City
    Posts
    7,745

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    I am referring to Best Wishes in general You gotta admit that BW is a much fresher and less repetitive saga.
    Yeah, look at the episode that aired today in the dub (the Axew getting lost in the League episode) as an example. It was actually a lot less painful to watch than a similar episode in DP would have been purely on the virtue of Team Rocket not being responsible.

    (Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 18: Winter of Discontent
    Next: The Weight of the World (Part 1)

    The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate


    Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Undisclosed TR base
    Posts
    147

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24
    I don't know. They weren't in a lot of episodes in BW and the show still felt the same to me except this time it felt fresher and less repetitive.
    I don't know about it being more fresh, but I must admit that it's less repetitive. Though, that might be partially due to the facts that 1) Zager and Giovanni had a lot of screentime, 2) the TRio went through a dramatic wiping-of-the-slate, only to have the slate redrawn on two seasons later, and 3) they saved N and the Plasma plot until very late in the arc. They introduced new things in each season, and had some pretty good subplots involving Team Rocket.
    Friend Safari: Fighting with Meditite, Tyrogue & Sawk.
    3196-3352-8113
    Kanto villains? Why are you here?!
    Because Unova villains are too stupid to take over Unova!
    [IMG]http://i57.*******.com/2a6uxwo.jpg[/IMG]
    Sig made by me, unfortunately.

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,066

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RocketToTheMoon View Post
    I don't know about it being more fresh, but I must admit that it's less repetitive. Though, that might be partially due to the facts that 1) Zager and Giovanni had a lot of screentime, 2) the TRio went through a dramatic wiping-of-the-slate, only to have the slate redrawn on two seasons later, and 3) they saved N and the Plasma plot until very late in the arc. They introduced new things in each season, and had some pretty good subplots involving Team Rocket.
    You felt Zager and Giovanni got a lot of screen time? Honestly, I think they should have gotten more than they did.

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Undisclosed TR base
    Posts
    147

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24
    You felt Zager and Giovanni got a lot of screen time? Honestly, I think they should have gotten more than they did.
    I wish Giovanni had gotten more. Don't know why, but I never really became attached to Zager.

    Does anyone think that Gio will be in movie 16, or has it been confirmed that he won't?
    Friend Safari: Fighting with Meditite, Tyrogue & Sawk.
    3196-3352-8113
    Kanto villains? Why are you here?!
    Because Unova villains are too stupid to take over Unova!
    [IMG]http://i57.*******.com/2a6uxwo.jpg[/IMG]
    Sig made by me, unfortunately.

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    New Tork City
    Posts
    7,745

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RocketToTheMoon View Post
    I wish Giovanni had gotten more. Don't know why, but I never really became attached to Zager.

    Does anyone think that Gio will be in movie 16, or has it been confirmed that he won't?
    It's not confirmed one way or the other. We really don't know much at all.

    (Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 18: Winter of Discontent
    Next: The Weight of the World (Part 1)

    The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate


    Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,066

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RocketToTheMoon View Post
    I wish Giovanni had gotten more. Don't know why, but I never really became attached to Zager.

    Does anyone think that Gio will be in movie 16, or has it been confirmed that he won't?
    It hasn't been confirmed either way but I doubt he is. I would think they would promote it by now. Giovanni should have came back 20 or 30 episodes earlier than he did. Maybe episode 60 or 70. He didn't have to have an arc but they should have shown what he has been up to. I also think Giovanni and Zager should have appeared at least a few times in Episode N. The problem I had always had with TR's handling in the anime is that TRio gets so much screen time and the other members are hardly seen. I like the TRio and I understand why they are getting the most screen time but sometimes I feel like they get too much at the expense of other characters.

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Deep Ocean
    Posts
    2,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    I am referring to Best Wishes in general You gotta admit that BW is a much fresher and less repetitive saga.
    IMO, nope. Rephrase, BW is fresh and less repetitive, but it has the worst battles I've ever seen.

    Anyways, TR is kind of in middle-ground right now. It's between goofy and serious. The tip could go to any sides. They've already blasted off in Episode N, who knows if they'll return to being goofy? I personally wouldn't mind that. I like comedic TR, people who are good guys but with bad intentions. I dunno, it's just my childhood acting up or my bias-for-DP acting up.

    Meh.

    Credits to Sworn Metalhead

    ASB Squad

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Undisclosed TR base
    Posts
    147

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler
    It's not confirmed one way or the other. We really don't know much at all.
    Hm. I guess it all depends on whether or not this is the Mewtwo. As far as the anime goes, I always thought he was the only Mewtwo...unless I've missed something there.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24
    It hasn't been confirmed either way but I doubt he is. I would think they would promote it by now. Giovanni should have came back 20 or 30 episodes earlier than he did. Maybe episode 60 or 70. He didn't have to have an arc but they should have shown what he has been up to. I also think Giovanni and Zager should have appeared at least a few times in Episode N. The problem I had always had with TR's handling in the anime is that TRio gets so much screen time and the other members are hardly seen.
    Now that I think about it, it's probably unlikely that he will be in the movie. You've got a point about them promoting it; his face would probably be all over the website by now.

    That's true, but it wouldn't be practical to give all of TR equal screentime. That would lead little room for character development.
    Friend Safari: Fighting with Meditite, Tyrogue & Sawk.
    3196-3352-8113
    Kanto villains? Why are you here?!
    Because Unova villains are too stupid to take over Unova!
    [IMG]http://i57.*******.com/2a6uxwo.jpg[/IMG]
    Sig made by me, unfortunately.

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,066

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RocketToTheMoon View Post
    That's true, but it wouldn't be practical to give all of TR equal screentime. That would lead little room for character development.
    There is no way Giovanni and the other non TRio members would get equal screen time than the TRio but I feel like some members on TR got too little screen time and no development at all.

  23. #48

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RocketToTheMoon View Post
    I wish Giovanni had gotten more. Don't know why, but I never really became attached to Zager.

    Does anyone think that Gio will be in movie 16, or has it been confirmed that he won't?
    Since they are in most of these movies, I would think so.
    岩根雅明=♡

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,066

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gothitelle k View Post
    since they are in most of these movies, i would think so.
    hahahahahahahahahahahaha!

  25. #50
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    New Tork City
    Posts
    7,745

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RocketToTheMoon View Post
    Hm. I guess it all depends on whether or not this is the Mewtwo. As far as the anime goes, I always thought he was the only Mewtwo...unless I've missed something there.
    That much has already been confirmed - Ash recognizes Mewtwo in the trailer, and there's this:

    Quote Originally Posted by Kunihiko Yuyama, via Dogasu's Backpack
    When you think about the Myuutwo from the first movie, "Myuutwo Strikes Back," you think about lines like "Who am I?" and how there was this running theme of Myuutwo wondering about itself and how it relates to the world around it.

    The Myuutwo in this film has actually gone out into the world and has expanded its worldview. It's started to be concerned about the world and about others around it, and when you compare it to the previous Myuutwo, you'll definitely feel like it's gotten past one of its limitations.

    This Myuutwo is not the same Myuutwo from the first movie. What part will this Myuutwo, who's actually gone out into the world, play in this movie?
    There's no way for another Mewtwo to exist (unless Dr. Yung returns) so the "this Mewtwo" is clearly referring to how Mewtwo is now after his travels. His personality's changed because of what he's learned about the world.

    (Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 18: Winter of Discontent
    Next: The Weight of the World (Part 1)

    The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate


    Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •