Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Team Rocket. Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24
    There is no way Giovanni and the other non TRio members would get equal screen time than the TRio but I feel like some members on TR got too little screen time and no development at all.
    A select few other members should have, or should, get more screentime, sure. A few examples being Giovanni, Domino, and, some of my favorites, Butch and Cassidy. I'm agreeing with you there.

Quote Originally Posted by OceanicLanturn
    Anyways, TR is kind of in middle-ground right now. It's between goofy and serious. The tip could go to any sides. They've already blasted off in Episode N, who knows if they'll return to being goofy? I personally wouldn't mind that. I like comedic TR, people who are good guys but with bad intentions. I dunno, it's just my childhood acting up or my bias-for-DP acting up.
    I dunno about you, but I like them better in middle ground than at one extreme or another. Some may say that it makes it hard to really focus on their personalities, but staying in neutral territory is going to please more people than having them be dramatically goofy or serious. However, I've always liked them no matter what. BW was a massive shock to me, but I eventually got used to it.

EDIT:
    @The Great Butler
    Thank you. I was pretty sure, but I never saw that.

@Gothitelle K
    I said "Gio", as in Giovanni. Of course the TRio will be in it; they were in the trailer. xD
    Last edited by RocketToTheMoon; 24th March 2013 at 3:28 AM.
    Friend Safari: Fighting with Meditite, Tyrogue & Sawk.
    3196-3352-8113
    Kanto villains? Why are you here?!
    Because Unova villains are too stupid to take over Unova!
    [IMG]http://i57.*******.com/2a6uxwo.jpg[/IMG]
    Sig made by me, unfortunately.

Giovanni is definitely the big one that comes to mind as far as TR members who need more screen time. I would love to see an episode centered around Giovanni and his backstory. That would be really cool.

Quote Originally Posted by RocketToTheMoon View Post
    @Gothitelle K
    I said "Gio", as in Giovanni. Of course the TRio will be in it; they were in the trailer. xD
    I hope she misread it XD I mean Giovanni being in most movies would be awesome but outside of the first movie and Mewtwo Returns (which is considered a special, not a movie) did he ever appear. I know he was mentioned in other movies.

Too bad Chronicles have pretty much been abandoned in favor of Pikachu shorts. Most of them were really good, in particular Training Daze. *shoves inner RocketShipper away*
    But really, the Chronicles have so much potential. They could really be used to give us the character development/closure we need for a lot of characters.
    3196-3352-8113

Too bad Chronicles have pretty much been abandoned in favor of Pikachu shorts. Most of them were really good, in particular Training Daze. *shoves inner RocketShipper away*
    But really, the Chronicles have so much potential. They could really be used to give us the character development/closure we need for a lot of characters.
    I definitely welcome another Chronicles where we could see what May/Dawn/Misty/Gary/Paul/Drew/etc are up to as well as learn more about current characters like Zager, the Junipers and Giovanni.

@Gothitelle K
    I knew you were talking about Sakaki XD

I said that if Team Rocket is in every movie, then he might appear.
    岩根雅明=♡

Quote Originally Posted by Gothitelle K View Post
    I knew you were talking about Sakaki XD

I said that if Team Rocket is in every movie, then he might appear.
    But by that logic, Giovanni should have had speaking roles in the majority of films because TRio had speaking roles in the majority of the films but he didn't. You know?

Ohhh, okay. That makes more sense.

But he hasn't been in any movie other than the first, so TR being in the 16th doesn't really mean anything in regards to him. The only thing of significance about this movie that relates directly to him is Mewtwo having a starring role.
    3196-3352-8113

Ohhh, okay. That makes more sense.

But he hasn't been in any movie other than the first, so TR being in the 16th doesn't really mean anything in regards to him. The only thing of significance about this movie that relates directly to him is Mewtwo having a starring role.
    That might seem interesting.
    岩根雅明=♡

That might seem interesting.
    Did you see Mewtwo Returns?

Team Rocket should just go away already, I'm not a fan of either BW or the comedic Trio at all. I feel that they became pointless characters after Johto and were not needed after that, and now they just hog the screentime and take it away from the other villians, even BW Team Rocket hogs the screentime imo. This series would have been WAY better if Team Rocket wasn't in BW at all and we got BW1 Team Plasma as the main villains for this series.
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

Quote Originally Posted by DawnBoy View Post
    This series would have been WAY better if Team Rocket wasn't in BW at all and we got BW1 Team Plasma as the main villains for this series.
    I disagree on that but we can agree to disagree. But I do want to see Bw1 Purazuma-dan and we will get to according to one of the previews.
    岩根雅明=♡

Quote Originally Posted by DawnBoy View Post
    Team Rocket should just go away already, I'm not a fan of either BW or the comedic Trio at all. I feel that they became pointless characters after Johto and were not needed after that, and now they just hog the screentime and take it away from the other villians, even BW Team Rocket hogs the screentime imo. This series would have been WAY better if Team Rocket wasn't in BW at all and we got BW1 Team Plasma as the main villains for this series.
    Your not the only one here, I just can't get my mind off of Team Rocket in BW! It's distracting me from enjoying to see what the main heroes are up too like how I enjoyed on what the kids are doing in AG or DP! Team Rocket is just my main topic on this saga because I want to see them fail miserably, I couldn't stand them just being proud of what will happen to the trainers & Pokémon if they succeed because they think Pokémon are for tools and have no emotions, that's why I'm hoping that the writers are planing to disband Team Rocket at the end of BW. Hopefully the Team Rocket Climax will be the final arc of BW after BW, and that TRio are getting set for Ash's arrival back home would be the perfect time to strike and use that Meteonite that they might of brought back to Kanto to use to take over the world.

Please someone tell me that Team Rocket is likely to disband in the final arc of BW and that the DA is going to last til July so that the writers could get ready to finish off Giovonni once and for all before Ash's next adventure to the XY Region! Is there anybody that could tell the tell tale signs of Giovonni's downfall and TRio's future?

My FireRed Champs:

My HeartGold Team:

My Black Team:

My White Team:

My White 2 Team So Far:

I like the way they act in Best Wishes. They don't appear every single episode trying to steal Pikachu and they have bigger plans

Personally I preferred Team Rocket back before Best Wishes. I prefer it when they're boobish than when they're dead serious. And although I stopped watching the anime a year ago, I think TR have become boobish again, but I just wouldn't know as I don't watch it anymore.

^They were comical and proud of it. :]

Now, they don't have that same feeling anymore. It's hard to explain. But they were alot of fun in the avatar I have.
    岩根雅明=♡

Quote Originally Posted by Zoruagible View Post
    I like the way they act in Best Wishes. They don't appear every single episode trying to steal Pikachu and they have bigger plans
    But I would have liked it if they did have an on going criminal team, just not Team Rocket. Pikachu is okay but it isn't a God, so they shouldn't be focused on it anymore. They really do need new villians.

My ideal battle ever!

From the start, I wish they'd made Team Rocket appear less frequently, but be far more sinister and threatening when they did. I know its a 'kids show' and they'd rather not have too many 'dark elements', but Team Rocket quickly became buffoons and caricatures of themselves. Maybe they should've been retired before the gang came to the Hoenn region.

^They were comical and proud of it. :]

Now, they don't have that same feeling anymore. It's hard to explain. But they were alot of fun in the avatar I have.
    I disagree about AG/DP being comical. OS TR were comical. AG/DP TRio weren't funny to me.

I disagree on that but we can agree to disagree. But I do want to see Bw1 Purazuma-dan and we will get to according to one of the previews.
    What are you talking about?

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 18: Winter of Discontent
    Next: The Weight of the World (Part 1)

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

Quote Originally Posted by Zoruagible View Post
    I agree that it's refreshing to see them on other missions, but the fact that they're still trying to steal Pikachu in between those missions is what bothers me about them. They should have given up on that goal a long time ago, but at this point I don't think they'll ever learn their lesson. Watching Team Rocket still feels like watching a merry-go-round.

After watching the episode that aired Thursday, I'm speculating that, yes, they're definitely going back to their old ways. Not entirely, but with Team Plasma providing the antagonists now, Jessie, James and Meowth can be supporting characters with humorous elements.
    Here are the pictures I'm referring to. What do you guys think?
    3196-3352-8113

After watching the episode that aired Thursday, I'm speculating that, yes, they're definitely going back to their old ways. Not entirely, but with Team Plasma providing the antagonists now, Jessie, James and Meowth can be supporting characters with humorous elements.
    Here are the pictures I'm referring to. What do you guys think?
    Since the DA! is ending in either July or August, I wouldn't count out the possibility of a TR finale when Ash returns to Kanto.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24
    Since the DA! is ending in either July or August, I wouldn't count out the possibility of a TR finale when Ash returns to Kanto.
    Well, that would make sense. If they're gonna conclude it anywhere, it would be in Kanto.
    ((sorry, I misread your post at first)) ^^;;
    3196-3352-8113

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    Since the DA! is ending in either July or August
    And the proof of that is?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas MV View Post
    And the proof of that is?
    Someone confirmed it on Bulbagarden somewhere. I think they said it was a 13 episode arc or something.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast