View Poll Results: Kanto Starters vs Hoenn Starters

Voters
231. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hoenn Starters (Treeko, Mudkip, Torchic)

145 62.77%
  • Kanto Starters (Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle)

86 37.23%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Hoenn Starters vs Kanto Starters?

I think Gen 3 was the first gen that I liked all the starters equally. It's not that Gen 1 starters are bad, but I didn't really like Bulbasaur that much.
    My Slurpuff brings all the boys to the yard.

My Pokemon X Friend Code: 3437-3423-6333
    My Friend Safari: Bibarel, Gyarados, Frogadier
    Currently looking for Ditto, but will accept any friend requests at the moment! Just PM me if you add me!

I have to go with Hoenn starters since Sapphire was the first Pokemon game I've ever played. Kanto's starters aren't that bad though.. not as bad as the fifth gen's starters.

I like them both but I'd pick Kanto mainly because Bulbasaur is my favorite Pokémon & I have that bias.
    AS

X

Im not crazy about the squirtle line, but My love for the charizard/ivysaur lines still pull them up for me.

Im just not that crazy about torchic and mashtomp, and grovyle looked so girly in gen 3.

Credit goes to Sworn Metalhead of Dćdric designs.

When I read the thread question I thought we were gonna be discussing which starter line up is better lol.

But I like both so much that I can't choose. It wouldn't be fair to the other gen's starter lines.
    My Soundcloud

My ReverbNation

Music & Musicians Alliance Club

I pick the Hoenn starters. I just think they're so cool and original looking. Plus, Swampert is love/life. Sorry original series! ;_;

I prefer Kanto starters, period :P Both design wise and competitively, I'd take kanto any day.

I'd go with the Kanto starters any day, the ONLY Kanto starter I dislike is Wartortle, and IMO Torchic's evolutions, Mega Swampert and Treecko's evolutions aren't too great. Plus I love Charizard :3

EDIT: Wow I literally just posted here .-. sorry
    Last edited by Aquarelle; 5th October 2014 at 10:34 PM. Reason: merging your two posts together

Currently looking for a 6IV Pichu or Pikachu in a standard Pokeball with the egg move Volt Tackle, PM me and I'll provide what I can

I am very surprised to see that many more people favor the hoenn starters above the kanto starters
    I picked the Kanto starters because they are what got the whole Pokemon franchise going

IGN: Alexis
    NEW FC: 1865-1370-9179
    I FINALLY HAVE MY DS!!
    TRADE SHOP NOW OPEN!! Please click here and trade me!

Blastorse vs Swampert Im going with Swampert just because he can take hits and deliver them

Venasaur vs Skeptile Im going with venasuar because of his poison type can kill other grass types like nothing

Charzard vs blazakin im going with tie both are strong and both can come up big depending on who raises them

Hoenn starters just because I like all three. I only like Charmander and Squirtle, Bulbasaur I'm not too crazy about.

Hoenn-Starters. All very powerful and better dual-typing.

It varies, I generally like hoenn starters more, but I prefer bulbasaur rather than treecko.
    Crazy Shipper|Misty, May, and Drew|Anime Fangirl

Well this is a big question.

Venusaur ties with Sceptile
    I don't know. Honestly, Venusaur probably would have won this one if I wasn't having a spell of Sceptile-liking and remembering using him on an Emerald play-through going on at the moment. Bulbasaur is arguably my favorite Kanto starter(still fighting with Squirtle for that spot occasionally) and while Sceptile isn't my absolute favorite of the Hoenn starters he is a pretty cool Pokémon.

Swampert over Blastoise
    While Blastoise is a great Pokémon(my second favorite Kanto starter) and I could never hate the awesomeness that is the Squirtle Squad, Swampert still pulls this one out. He's my favorite member of the Hoenn stable and just a really cool Pokémon in general(have you read his Dex entries?) with a sweet design, memorable and non-irritating cry, and a cool real-life basis. Not to mention that Mudkip was the first starter Pokémon that I ever actually used in a game that was mine(sharing that "my first Pokémon" slot with Cyndaquil). Also, M-Blastoise my bring more cannons, but M-Swampert brings the beef.

Charizard ties with Blaziken
    I used to be crazy about Blaziken. I really did. I even went so far at one time to call it my favorite starter and my favorite Pokémon overall(don't know what I was thinking, really). But know, all theses years after the Deoxys movie that made it look so cool, after I had actually used it so long ago in Emerald, and after it has gained so much hype for being the first starter to go Uber and having such a ridiculous Mega Evolution.... I don't like it that much anymore. Don't get me wrong, it's deign is still kind of cool(even if it is a bit sullied for me) and I still remember Blaze Kicking the crap out of everything in Hoenn back in Emerald but honestly he's on the bottom of the Hoenn starters for me. And Charizard is on the bottom of the Kanto starters. What's funny is that he's gone the opposite route of Blaziken. I used to actually hate Charizard because it felt so incredibly overrated by such a large number of people. It just felt like it was soaking up so much of the spotlight for having what I thought(even as a kid) was a meh-tasting design and a bad spot in the TV show(why would I want a Pokémon that would either cremate my face or take a nap each time I need it?). He's cool because he looks like a dragon? I'd always thought that Dragonair is the coolest dragon-like Pokémon from Kanto. Buuuut... those feels have subsided. I don't have a vehement distaste for Charizard any more. He's an okay Pokémon who is maybe just a bit overrated and has two pretty cool Mega Evolutions. Still, both of these guys are at the bottom of their starter groups to me.

Winner: Hoenn
    All that is gold does not glitter; not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither; deep roots are not reached by the frost. ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Kanto Starters no doubt about it. Charmander is my favorite pokemon of all time (blame the anime and his moe voice), his evolutions are sick as hell and nostalgia factor. Pokemon Blue was my first game so I loved every single one of the 151.

3DS FC: 3368-3607-5165

Let me think ... oh yeah ... I'm definitely going with the Hoenn Starters! Why? Because I love Treecko, Mudkip, and their evolutions, that's why! I also like the Kanto starters, but not as much as the Hoenn Starters; although I find the Squirtle family quite cute.
    Visit my dA page RHODOL1TE
    I've been a member since 2010. I predominately focus on Happy Tree Friends and Pokemon, but I've been recently into Five Nights at Freddy's lately.

I much prefer the Kanto starters, although this is probably because Gen 1 was the first Pokemon gen I played so I'm blinded by nostalgia.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Alexis View Post
    I am very surprised to see that many more people favor the hoenn starters above the kanto starters
    I picked the Kanto starters because they are what got the whole Pokemon franchise going
    Doesn't surprise me. 3rd gen is the "in" gen right now since the people who played R/S/E first are at the right age to be talking about it on the Internet. The people who grew up with 1st gen have either moved on or have realized that their love for 1st gen was all nostalgia (possibly because of FR/LG) and don't like it as much anymore. Same thing will happen to 3rd gen in time, and people will start obsessing over 4th gen. Just watch.

That said, I grew up with 1st gen, and I'm going to have to go with Hoenn here because Sceptile and Blaziken are two of my favorite starters ever going purely by design. And competitively, the Hoenn starters are better.
    3DS Friend Code: 2208-6124-8748
    Friend Safari is Psychic with Abra, Espurr, and Duosion. Feel free to add me if you want.

I might have nostalgia goggles on, but I would say the Kanto starters.

Although I like Swampert.

Visit my Youtube Channel

Pokemon Y: Name: Yoda FC: 0001-3341-1988

Quote Originally Posted by DarthVader
    You may dispense with the pleasantries Commander; I am here to put you back on schedule.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456