Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pokemon Sizes That Surprised You

Spiritomb is quite big.

And my, Crobat is actually bigger than Daikenki.
    Daikenki for breakfast?
    X FC: Cutty 2449 6004 1037

Wee... Poison slide at my gym...

Pokegyms Fairy Leader

Credit to Astral Shadow for the userbar and Kida-Ookami for the badge.

Quote Originally Posted by Cutty View Post
    Spiritomb is quite big.

Daikenki for breakfast?
    No thanks, just frozen bat sushi.
    Chikorita 2'11 is taller than excadrill 2'04
    FC: 1332-8918-6873
    Credit: AstralShadow (userbar) & Kida-Ookami (badge) & SwornMetalhead (symbol)

Dunsparce is almost five feet tall. That's ridiculous.

And it's only thirty pounds! Tell me your secrets Dunsparce.

Edit: Huh, I'm 5 inches taller than Charizard.
    Last edited by diakyu; 26th March 2013 at 5:46 AM.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

I was surprised that:
    Dragonair is taller than its evolution (I believe its the only Pokémon that does this, but I could be wrong). And it's by a good few feet, too...
    Roselia is only a foot tall...
    Ash carries around a 13.2 pound mouse on his back...
    Mankey weighs 61.7 pounds, and is only 1'08"...
    Likitung weighs 144.4 pounds, and is only 3'11"...
    Kind of funny, but in dex order the three baby Pokémon Pichu, Cleffa, and Igglybuff have the weights: 4.4 pounds, 6.6 pounds, and 2.2 pounds...
    Girafarig. I thought it was much bigger, being a giraffe and all...
    Larvitar weighing 158.7 pounds, but only 2 feet tall....
    Milotic being over twenty feet tall.... Then again it is a water serpent, but still...
    I know it's made of metal, but Beldum weighs 209.9 pounds and is 2 feet tall...
    I am probably mistaken, but if Groudon weighs almost 2100 pounds, wouldn't he have enough mass to make a couple of people revolve around him? Or at least something the size of Shinx?...
    How Spiritomb weighs 238 pounds. How can a hundred or so spirits all condensed make 238 pounds? And the small base cannot be the majority of it; first of all to get Spiritomb your character carries that base around in their bag; second, Spiritomb is only 3'03"...
    Excadrill, but really in PokePark. The thing is about Snivy's height...
    Sawsbuck is a pretty big deer...
    Jellicent is a pretty big ghost, in both weight and height...
    Cryognal is a heavy snowflake...
    Golurk is big too...
    And finally, the size of Keldeo was very surprising as well to me.

~Back from hiatus (let's see how long this will last)~

Quote Originally Posted by Cutty View Post
    Daikenki for breakfast?
    I think Crobat's size is measured from the point of one wing to the point of the other, so it isn't necessarily bigger than Daikenki/Samurott.

Quote Originally Posted by Keldminrachi91 View Post
    Dragonair is taller than its evolution (I believe its the only Pokémon that does this, but I could be wrong). And it's by a good few feet, too...
    Dragonair is actually just longer than Dragonite, but Dragonite is still taller than Dragonair.

I'm always surprised when checking the length of the snake-like Pokemon. Arbok, Onix, Milotic, Gyarados... I mean, they all look big, but given that tall-looking Pokemon rarely come up past 5 feet (1.5m), it makes them stand out from the crowd. Pokemon like Carnivine, Sigilyph, Ampharos, and even some long Pokemon like Latias are all so much smaller than you'd think...

I'm also gonna have to repeat one already mentioned. Dunsparce is freaking HUGE for its design.
        Spoiler:- My Blog and Friend Codes:
    My Shinies:

Kabuto is taller than Shaymin-S 0_0 WTF?

I think this fits better in Pokepolls, so I'll move it there.

I think number one is Excadrill. That thing is something I did not expect to be so small. Which kinda made him more impressive if anything... Joltik also turned out smaller than I expected.

A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

The BBS Forums! Join in!
    Gain achievements for activity on forums & the games!

Tied to this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors - check it out!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut?
    Current article: Dude, where's my Game Corner? Learn why you can't gamble in ORAS. =(
    Avatar by minty-fivestar on DA, with edited background/cropping. Fic banner by cieux.

Can't believe I had them mixed up...anyways
    --Venusaur is lighter than I thought he would be. Weighing at 220.5 lbs, I thought he would be around the 300-500lbs range
    -I'm taller than Charizard. I'm 5'10 and he's 5'07
    -Blastoise is lighter than he looks as well, only weighing 188.5 lbs...I'm about the same weight
    -Belossom 1'04 is smaller than Gloom 2'04
    Ariados is 3'07...That's one BIG spider
    Flaffy, Dewott, Jumpluff, Aipom, and Kirlia are the same height, all are 2'07
    Linoone is only 4 inches longer than Zigzagoon whose 1'04

For all the Pokemons with pokedex height taller than 1m, I always feel they are eccentrically SMALL!! They must all be larger than what's the pokedex indicates!

By the way, in the GSC, RSE and FrLg, wasn't there a guy that will determine the "actual" height of the Magikarp, Seedot, and Heracross you had caught? The height that had calibrated will always larger than what was indicated in the pokedex. So does that mean the pokedex height is merely the MINIMUM height?

Also other than heights, I have more problems with the pokedex weight. I think they are definitely incorrect about every single Pokemon!!! It can be seen very clearly when you just make comparison with any common items around yourself. For example, my father weights 82kg (confirmed with the recent medical check), how can a Feraligatr thats seems twice or third of his size weight almost the same as him? BTW, real crocodiles that has the same length as Feraligatr already weigh 600kg!!!
    Then, Metagross is merely 550kg, where my Daihatsu of 1000cc is already nearly 1 ton!! And you know what? Daihatsu is well-known for LIGHTWEIGHT vehicles! So vehicle of its brand is already lighter than many vehicle of other brand with the same horsepower. It is impossible for a Metagross to weight less than a vehicle, to almost like a motorbike!?
    And also for Golem, if you assume it is a solid sphere of 1.1m (-0.3m because of its leg), weighing 300kg as like it indicate in the pokedex, you will find out that it has density of lesser than water!!! So does that mean Golem will float on water and will not sink!? IMPOSSIBLE!!!

All the physical information in the pokedex are wrong, and I never believe in it. I make up my own data for each single Pokemon which I think they are more plausible.
    "人には知らない世界はそこに存在する、そして人には知らない冒険はそこに始まってる"
    Chapter 1: 謎の世界の生き物、闘うトレーナーたち

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal View Post
    For all the Pokemons with pokedex height taller than 1m, I always feel they are eccentrically SMALL!! They must all be larger than what's the pokedex indicates!

By the way, in the GSC, RSE and FrLg, wasn't there a guy that will determine the "actual" height of the Magikarp, Seedot, and Heracross you had caught? The height that had calibrated will always larger than what was indicated in the pokedex. So does that mean the pokedex height is merely the MINIMUM height?

Also other than heights, I have more problems with the pokedex weight. I think they are definitely incorrect about every single Pokemon!!! It can be seen very clearly when you just make comparison with any common items around yourself. For example, my father weights 82kg (confirmed with the recent medical check), how can a Feraligatr thats seems twice or third of his size weight almost the same as him? BTW, real crocodiles that has the same length as Feraligatr already weigh 600kg!!!
    Then, Metagross is merely 550kg, where my Daihatsu of 1000cc is already nearly 1 ton!! And you know what? Daihatsu is well-known for LIGHTWEIGHT vehicles! So vehicle of its brand is already lighter than many vehicle of other brand with the same horsepower. It is impossible for a Metagross to weight less than a vehicle, to almost like a motorbike!?
    And also for Golem, if you assume it is a solid sphere of 1.1m (-0.3m because of its leg), weighing 300kg as like it indicate in the pokedex, you will find out that it has density of lesser than water!!! So does that mean Golem will float on water and will not sink!? IMPOSSIBLE!!!

All the physical information in the pokedex are wrong, and I never believe in it. I make up my own data for each single Pokemon which I think they are more plausible.
    It could be the average size as well

I was pretty surprised when I heard Beartic was over 8 ft tall. What a giant! XD

I must say, I am 110% against this action, I mean, quoting Wikipedia, '' A world of free knowledge will be lost ''. I say screw SOPA and PIPA, and all who agrees with me, sig this! We all detest the bill and will fight for the freedom of the Internet!

This is Bidoof. Many people loathe it with their lives. If you are of the few people who love this little beaver, put this in your sig. Started by Warrior Scolipede

Lucario is 4'11'', which I found quite surprising.
    Nothing interesting here. Carry on.
    Author's Profile

Quote Originally Posted by Meeker View Post
    Lucario is 4'11'', which I found quite surprising.
    Lucario is 3'11 at least 5 to 6 feet is what I thought he would be

Quote Originally Posted by SuperDaikenki View Post
    Lucario is 3'11 at least 5 to 6 feet is what I thought he would be
    My mistake, but yes, I expected him to be more of 5'6'' or something myself.
    Nothing interesting here. Carry on.
    Author's Profile

It's fine, but really. Hydreigon is 5'11 and weighs 352.7 lbs...imagine waking up with THAT on top of you

I was very suprised that Steeli is even bigger than Rayquaza and a few others.

Steelix: 30'02"
    Rayquaza: 23'00
    Groudon: 11'06"
    Wailord: 47'07"
    Arceus: 10'06"
    Dialga: 17'09"
    Onix: 28'10"

Even Onix is bigger than Arceus and Dialga....
    Even bigger than twice as big as Groudon.
    While Groudon is bigger than a whole forest in a movie...
    And Steelix is even bigger than Onix.
    So Steelix is much bigger than Groudon.

That Espeon is apparently 2'11". I thought it was smaller than that. That's like, half my height.

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightFennekin View Post
    Arbok. That thing is the height of Groudon! Or at least if it was on the tip of its tail, fully uncoiled.
    Same goes for rayquaza, don't it?

Caterpie is tiny! So tiny! I thought it was the size of a rabbit or something.

3DS Friend Code: 2337-4608-0376
    Most Recent Shiny: - 868 eggs | Current Hunt:

Let's see pokémon that around 2'07
    Deino (thought she would be at least 3 feet
    Dewott(same as Deino)
    Spheal
    Staryu
    Palpitoad
    Skorupi(Thought he would be 1ft)
    Galvantula(Looks like he should be larger than Ariados)
    Glaceon
    Jolteon
    Flaffy

Quote Originally Posted by Green Blockhead View Post
    Caterpie is tiny! So tiny! I thought it was the size of a rabbit or something.
    Wouldn't that be big for a caterpillar?
    Within my lifetime, I've done a lot of walking. I started my journey walking on a little path called Route 1. Little did I know that walking down that route would lead me onwards to a road that went by the name of Victory. Just west of Victory Road, I walked up an entire mountain where atop stood a silent trainer who was one of the mightiest I had ever faced. I've walked, through sandstorms, across the hard desert of Hoenn. I've walked through pelting hail, across the snow covered terrains of Sinnoh. And now as I look back on all my travels I find myself walking across the Skyarrow Bridge of Unova. It took a lot of walking through tall grass patches to get where I am today...But it was worth the walk.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoruaruler View Post
    Wouldn't that be big for a caterpillar?
    Still tiny in my opinion.

3DS Friend Code: 2337-4608-0376
    Most Recent Shiny: - 868 eggs | Current Hunt:

It's kinda funny how most of the fully evolved starters are no bigger than you in the games. As a kid I always imagined Charizard, Venusaur, and Blastoise as these huge dudes. haha
    Check out my band's new EP! ... And like us on Facebook while you're at it!
    [IMG]http://oi49.*******.com/21mzpmr.jpg[/IMG]
    Hat by wolfy.

Joltik, I thought they were somethimg like my hands
    Pardon my grammar, I'm a young Dutchman.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast