Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 120

Thread: Pokemon Sizes That Surprised You

  1. #76
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,317

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bro View Post
    So I'm not the only one who was surprised about Joltik's size? I thought it was much bigger than it really is.
    It's actually the smallest Pokemon in existence, so no joke there.

    But yeah I'm surprised about Dunsparce's size like what most people were saying, especially when it's portrayed as pretty small in the anime and PMD: Gates to Infinity.

    And then again I remember my first reaction when checking my Pokedex in Ruby and I saw how massive Wailord is. I felt like an ant when I saw my Trainer sprite's size comparison to it.

    Not to mention Bellossom, one of Oddish's final evolutions, being smaller than even Oddish. I mean, what the heck? How can a Pokemon's final evolution be smaller than even its lowest stage?

    Also I agree with Bobandbill's post earlier in the thread about Excadrill, I mean I wasn't expecting something around 2 feet tall to have such strong attacks. This mole is pretty pint-sized for something that throws massively strong Earthquakes around lol.
    Last edited by OshyHikari; 30th May 2013 at 1:05 PM.

  2. #77
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    In the Area of Johto
    Posts
    312

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hikari10Girl View Post
    It's actually the smallest Pokemon in existence, so no joke there.

    But yeah I'm surprised about Dunsparce's size like what most people were saying, especially when it's portrayed as pretty small in the anime and PMD: Gates to Infinity.

    And then again I remember my first reaction when checking my Pokedex in Ruby and I saw how massive Wailord is. I felt like an ant when I saw my Trainer sprite's size comparison to it.

    Not to mention Bellossom, one of Oddish's final evolutions, being smaller than even Oddish. I mean, what the heck? How can a Pokemon's final evolution be smaller than even its lowest stage?

    Also I agree with Bobandbill's post earlier in the thread about Excadrill, I mean I wasn't expecting something around 2 feet tall to have such strong attacks. This mole is pretty pint-sized for something that throws massively strong Earthquakes around lol.
    Then how about Roselia? In Pokemon XD and in Battle Revolution, it's extremely small, but in the anime, not so much. o.O


    DeviantART Account|Youtube Account|Tumblr Account
    [*IMG]http://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/x321/BrutakaBlaziken/Quilava42GIF_zps60c971ae.gif[/IMG*]

    Please check the signature rules. Image size in total cannot exceed 500 kB.

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,317

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Quilava42 View Post
    Then how about Roselia? In Pokemon XD and in Battle Revolution, it's extremely small, but in the anime, not so much. o.O
    I remember playing Ruby for the first time and checked Roselia's data on the Pokedex, you should have seen that I flipped upon learning it was only 1 foot tall. Even more flattering considering that it's shown to come up to Drew's waist in the anime.

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Watatsumi Clan
    Posts
    1,571

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hikari10Girl View Post
    I remember playing Ruby for the first time and checked Roselia's data on the Pokedex, you should have seen that I flipped upon learning it was only 1 foot tall. Even more flattering considering that it's shown to come up to Drew's waist in the anime.
    Either the Roselia ir really tall, or Drew is a midget.

    I was actually surprised that Samurott and Swampert were both 4'11. I always thought they would be around Charizard's height 5''07
    FC: 1332-8918-6873
    Credit: AstralShadow (userbar) & Kida-Ookami (badge) & SwornMetalhead (symbol)


  5. #80
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    The depths of your despair
    Posts
    494

    Default

    I was surprised with Lucario's height. I was expecting something around the size of an adult human, not 3 feet.

    Credit to FrozenConstellation

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Riding on my Crimson Loftwing
    Posts
    1,489

    Default

    The variances of height in the anime itself are what really surprise me. Like in the first episode of the DP arc, Staraptor is the size of a chicken. However during the Riolu episodes, a pokemon ranger rides a Staraptor that was the size of an Aerodactyl! I guess that means pokemon can get bigger than what it says in the pokedex
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†


    Credit goes to FairyWitch at Flower Paradise Graphics

    Fanfic Status: Currently postponed-- Kingdom Hearts: Memories' Reflection. Last updated 8/17/13

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Watatsumi Clan
    Posts
    1,571

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cometstarlight View Post
    The variances of height in the anime itself are what really surprise me. Like in the first episode of the DP arc, Staraptor is the size of a chicken. However during the Riolu episodes, a pokemon ranger rides a Staraptor that was the size of an Aerodactyl! I guess that means pokemon can get bigger than what it says in the pokedex
    That may be true, there were many points in the anime where pokémon are shown to be larger than they normally are like the wild Dwebble that stole Cilan's Dwebble's shell, and if I can remember, Ash's Snorlax and the wild Blastoise
    FC: 1332-8918-6873
    Credit: AstralShadow (userbar) & Kida-Ookami (badge) & SwornMetalhead (symbol)


  8. #83
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    2,529

    Default

    ..darkrai is 4"11.
    The legendary pokemon of nightmares.. is 4"11.

    <-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

    Friend Code.. 1220-6368-0567!

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,317

    Default

    I remember when I first found out Yanma's height, that thing is massive compared to a real dragonfly, which is what it appears to be based on. But oh god Yanmega is even more bigger, being the second-biggest Bug-type behind Scolipede.

    And I do agree with that post above, I thought Darkrai was much bigger than what its actual size was lol. Guess looks don't always mean everything.

  10. #85
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Watatsumi Clan
    Posts
    1,571

    Default

    I'm kinda surprised that Dewott and Buizel are the same height at 2'07 and Zorua is bigger than I thought for her being at 2'04
    FC: 1332-8918-6873
    Credit: AstralShadow (userbar) & Kida-Ookami (badge) & SwornMetalhead (symbol)


  11. #86
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    In your trash can
    Posts
    238

  12. #87
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    The Kaka Village
    Posts
    99

    Default

    it blows my mind that joltik and hydreigon are as tall as they are

  13. #88
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    12

    Default

    Wailord... Imagine watching your cute wailmer evolving. one second it's 6'07" and 286.6lbs the next it's 47'07" and 877.4lbs

  14. #89
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    THE CRAZY TRAIN~
    Posts
    462

    Default

    how were the Nidorino/ Nidorina lines so short!? they look about 5 ft. +, not 3 1/2!
    Thanks to FairyWitch for the profile pic!

    † I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

    National Dex Completed 2/13/2014, at 12:12 A.M., with 212:16 Game Time, and thanks to my friends who traded me over 200 times that week

  15. #90
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Is this where I make joke?
    Posts
    313

    Default

    Maybe the size is the AVERAGE for that species of pokemon. Which could explain why they differ in size in the anime compared to the game.
    Too uncreative to make a new sig...

  16. #91
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    pokemon land
    Posts
    122

    Default

    Joltik. I know he is a bug but he's just that tiny. And rotom surprised me.
    I love every Pokemon!

  17. #92
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Watatsumi Clan
    Posts
    1,571

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IAintObeezy View Post
    Maybe the size is the AVERAGE for that species of pokemon. Which could explain why they differ in size in the anime compared to the game.
    This is just for fun bro.
    FC: 1332-8918-6873
    Credit: AstralShadow (userbar) & Kida-Ookami (badge) & SwornMetalhead (symbol)


  18. #93
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    From the land down under...
    Posts
    7,119

    Default

    It has enough new discussion and not enough bumps to warrant leaving this open, but a general note to users to not bump threads (especially by deleting your old one liner post just to repost it... =/)

    A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

    The BBS Forums! Join in!

    Tied to this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors - check it out!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut?
    Current Article: From RSE to ORAS - what has improved? We look at aspects that changed for better or worse.
    Previous Article: Dude, where's my Game Corner? Learn why you can't gamble in ORAS. =(
    Avatar: minty-fivestar on DA, edited background/cropping. Fic banner: cieux.


  19. #94
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Mt. Coronet
    Posts
    329

    Default

    Furret. Yes, I'm aware that its height is probably referring to its body length, not its actual height, but really, it's almost six feet long? That's more than a little unsettling...

    I've also recently discovered that apparently, Pidgeotto is only four inches shorter than Staraptor and Unfezant. It's a little strange having the middle stage be almost as tall as two final stages.

    ...And now I'm left wondering if that 4' 11" accounts for Darkrai's legs, too. If so, its even shorter normally, since it doesn't use them often.

    Current mono-type: TFL, Round 4
    Game: Black 2 (6/8)

    Regions cleared: Johto | Hoenn | Sinnoh | Unova | (More? Let's finish these first~)

  20. #95
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Installation 05
    Posts
    201

    Default

    Groudon. 11 feet? And this thing shaped continents?
    Also, Arceus. 10 feet?
    Tired of seeing all-shiny teams on Wifi Random Matchup?
    Tired of hearing your friends brag about their shinies?
    Tired of hatching thousands of eggs to just get Hidden Power right?
    Visit my shop and turn the tables! PT's Perfect Shiny Shop. The simple solution.

  21. #96
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Republic of Ireland
    Posts
    3

    Default

    I always thought that Bellossom was around the size of the trainer...but it ain't, it's like 40 centimetres!
    Then it's size comparison to other Pokémon in Pokémon Battle Revolution just made me question it even more...

  22. #97
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    With Yo Mamma
    Posts
    2,825

    Default

    Flabebe is the same size of Joltik 0_o I thought Flabebe would be bigger!

    And if that size is counting it's flower 0_o

    It's probably 1/2 inch! I hope Flabebe is in the Land Egg Group. HFOWA!

    And Beartic is bigger then Lapras 0_o

  23. #98
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Watatsumi Clan
    Posts
    1,571

    Default

    Dewott- 2'07 (My guess at least 3 feet)

    Buizel- 2'03 (Same as Dewott)

    Lucario- 3'07 (Thought he would be at least 5 feet)
    FC: 1332-8918-6873
    Credit: AstralShadow (userbar) & Kida-Ookami (badge) & SwornMetalhead (symbol)


  24. #99
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    16

    Default

    Lucario is a short *** pr**k when he looks around 5 or 6 foot
    Click on the Pic!! Ha ha ha, it rhymes!!

    Credit to Pkmnfn

  25. #100
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Watatsumi Clan
    Posts
    1,571

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zoroark1998 View Post
    Lucario is a short *** pr**k when he looks around 5 or 6 foot
    I don't mean to minimod, but please keep the swearing to a minimum
    FC: 1332-8918-6873
    Credit: AstralShadow (userbar) & Kida-Ookami (badge) & SwornMetalhead (symbol)


Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •