Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pokemon Sizes That Surprised You

Quote Originally Posted by bro View Post
    So I'm not the only one who was surprised about Joltik's size? I thought it was much bigger than it really is.
    It's actually the smallest Pokemon in existence, so no joke there.

But yeah I'm surprised about Dunsparce's size like what most people were saying, especially when it's portrayed as pretty small in the anime and PMD: Gates to Infinity.

And then again I remember my first reaction when checking my Pokedex in Ruby and I saw how massive Wailord is. I felt like an ant when I saw my Trainer sprite's size comparison to it.

Not to mention Bellossom, one of Oddish's final evolutions, being smaller than even Oddish. I mean, what the heck? How can a Pokemon's final evolution be smaller than even its lowest stage?

Also I agree with Bobandbill's post earlier in the thread about Excadrill, I mean I wasn't expecting something around 2 feet tall to have such strong attacks. This mole is pretty pint-sized for something that throws massively strong Earthquakes around lol.
    Last edited by OshyHikari; 30th May 2013 at 1:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hikari10Girl View Post
    It's actually the smallest Pokemon in existence, so no joke there.

But yeah I'm surprised about Dunsparce's size like what most people were saying, especially when it's portrayed as pretty small in the anime and PMD: Gates to Infinity.

And then again I remember my first reaction when checking my Pokedex in Ruby and I saw how massive Wailord is. I felt like an ant when I saw my Trainer sprite's size comparison to it.

Not to mention Bellossom, one of Oddish's final evolutions, being smaller than even Oddish. I mean, what the heck? How can a Pokemon's final evolution be smaller than even its lowest stage?

Also I agree with Bobandbill's post earlier in the thread about Excadrill, I mean I wasn't expecting something around 2 feet tall to have such strong attacks. This mole is pretty pint-sized for something that throws massively strong Earthquakes around lol.
    Then how about Roselia? In Pokemon XD and in Battle Revolution, it's extremely small, but in the anime, not so much. o.O

DeviantART Account|Youtube Account|Tumblr Account
    [*IMG]http://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/x321/BrutakaBlaziken/Quilava42GIF_zps60c971ae.gif[/IMG*]

Please check the signature rules. Image size in total cannot exceed 500 kB.

Quote Originally Posted by Quilava42 View Post
    Then how about Roselia? In Pokemon XD and in Battle Revolution, it's extremely small, but in the anime, not so much. o.O
    I remember playing Ruby for the first time and checked Roselia's data on the Pokedex, you should have seen that I flipped upon learning it was only 1 foot tall. Even more flattering considering that it's shown to come up to Drew's waist in the anime.

Quote Originally Posted by Hikari10Girl View Post
    I remember playing Ruby for the first time and checked Roselia's data on the Pokedex, you should have seen that I flipped upon learning it was only 1 foot tall. Even more flattering considering that it's shown to come up to Drew's waist in the anime.
    Either the Roselia ir really tall, or Drew is a midget.

I was actually surprised that Samurott and Swampert were both 4'11. I always thought they would be around Charizard's height 5''07
    FC: 1332-8918-6873
    Credit: AstralShadow (userbar) & Kida-Ookami (badge) & SwornMetalhead (symbol)

I was surprised with Lucario's height. I was expecting something around the size of an adult human, not 3 feet.

Credit to FrozenConstellation

The variances of height in the anime itself are what really surprise me. Like in the first episode of the DP arc, Staraptor is the size of a chicken. However during the Riolu episodes, a pokemon ranger rides a Staraptor that was the size of an Aerodactyl! I guess that means pokemon can get bigger than what it says in the pokedex
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Credit goes to FairyWitch at Flower Paradise Graphics

Fanfic Status: Currently postponed-- Kingdom Hearts: Memories' Reflection. Last updated 8/17/13

Quote Originally Posted by Cometstarlight View Post
    The variances of height in the anime itself are what really surprise me. Like in the first episode of the DP arc, Staraptor is the size of a chicken. However during the Riolu episodes, a pokemon ranger rides a Staraptor that was the size of an Aerodactyl! I guess that means pokemon can get bigger than what it says in the pokedex
    That may be true, there were many points in the anime where pokémon are shown to be larger than they normally are like the wild Dwebble that stole Cilan's Dwebble's shell, and if I can remember, Ash's Snorlax and the wild Blastoise

..darkrai is 4"11.
    The legendary pokemon of nightmares.. is 4"11.

<-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

Friend Code.. 1220-6368-0567!

I remember when I first found out Yanma's height, that thing is massive compared to a real dragonfly, which is what it appears to be based on. But oh god Yanmega is even more bigger, being the second-biggest Bug-type behind Scolipede.

And I do agree with that post above, I thought Darkrai was much bigger than what its actual size was lol. Guess looks don't always mean everything.

I'm kinda surprised that Dewott and Buizel are the same height at 2'07 and Zorua is bigger than I thought for her being at 2'04

it blows my mind that joltik and hydreigon are as tall as they are

Wailord... Imagine watching your cute wailmer evolving. one second it's 6'07" and 286.6lbs the next it's 47'07" and 877.4lbs

how were the Nidorino/ Nidorina lines so short!? they look about 5 ft. +, not 3 1/2!
    Thanks to FairyWitch for the profile pic!

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

National Dex Completed 2/13/2014, at 12:12 A.M., with 212:16 Game Time, and thanks to my friends who traded me over 200 times that week

Maybe the size is the AVERAGE for that species of pokemon. Which could explain why they differ in size in the anime compared to the game.
    Too uncreative to make a new sig...

Joltik. I know he is a bug but he's just that tiny. And rotom surprised me.
    I love every Pokemon!

Quote Originally Posted by IAintObeezy View Post
    Maybe the size is the AVERAGE for that species of pokemon. Which could explain why they differ in size in the anime compared to the game.
    This is just for fun bro.

It has enough new discussion and not enough bumps to warrant leaving this open, but a general note to users to not bump threads (especially by deleting your old one liner post just to repost it... =/)

A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

The BBS Forums! Join in!

Tied to this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors - check it out!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut?
    Current Article: From RSE to ORAS - what has improved? We look at aspects that changed for better or worse.
    Previous Article: Dude, where's my Game Corner? Learn why you can't gamble in ORAS. =(
    Avatar: minty-fivestar on DA, edited background/cropping. Fic banner: cieux.

Furret. Yes, I'm aware that its height is probably referring to its body length, not its actual height, but really, it's almost six feet long? That's more than a little unsettling...

I've also recently discovered that apparently, Pidgeotto is only four inches shorter than Staraptor and Unfezant. It's a little strange having the middle stage be almost as tall as two final stages.

...And now I'm left wondering if that 4' 11" accounts for Darkrai's legs, too. If so, its even shorter normally, since it doesn't use them often.

Current mono-type: TFL, Round 4
    Game: Black 2 (6/8)

Regions cleared: Johto | Hoenn | Sinnoh | Unova | (More? Let's finish these first~)

Groudon. 11 feet? And this thing shaped continents?
    Also, Arceus. 10 feet?
    Tired of seeing all-shiny teams on Wifi Random Matchup?
    Tired of hearing your friends brag about their shinies?
    Tired of hatching thousands of eggs to just get Hidden Power right?
    Visit my shop and turn the tables! PT's Perfect Shiny Shop. The simple solution.

I always thought that Bellossom was around the size of the trainer...but it ain't, it's like 40 centimetres!
    Then it's size comparison to other Pokémon in Pokémon Battle Revolution just made me question it even more...

Flabebe is the same size of Joltik 0_o I thought Flabebe would be bigger!

And if that size is counting it's flower 0_o

It's probably 1/2 inch! I hope Flabebe is in the Land Egg Group. HFOWA!

And Beartic is bigger then Lapras 0_o

Dewott- 2'07 (My guess at least 3 feet)

Buizel- 2'03 (Same as Dewott)

Lucario- 3'07 (Thought he would be at least 5 feet)

Lucario is a short *** pr**k when he looks around 5 or 6 foot
    Click on the Pic!! Ha ha ha, it rhymes!!

Credit to Pkmnfn

Quote Originally Posted by Zoroark1998 View Post
    Lucario is a short *** pr**k when he looks around 5 or 6 foot
    I don't mean to minimod, but please keep the swearing to a minimum

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast