Thread: Awful since 2011.

Hybrid View

Default Awful since 2011.

Ok, My team is awful. I know that. I just want to know what you think. Please don't say things like "It sucks", without giving me a reason, and/or something to improve on. So without further ado, here's my team.

P.S The team in my signature is the one I had when I beat Ghetsis/N.

P.S.S They're all level 100.

TYPHLOSION ("BLAST") - FIRE
    HP: 304
    ATK: 198
    DEF: 206
    SP ATK: 253
    SP DEF: 200
    SPD: 251
    ABILITY: BLAZE
    MOVES:
    SWIFT (NORMAL)
    ERUPTION (FIRE)
    FLAMETHROWER (FIRE)
    BLAST BURN (FIRE)
    NATURE: BOLD
    ITEM: NONE

ABSOL - DARK
    HP: 255
    ATK: 291
    DEF:146
    SP ATK: 143
    SP DEF: 140
    SPD: 179
    ABILITY: SUPER LUCK
    MOVES:
    NIGHT SLASH (DARK)
    PAYBACK (DARK)
    SHADOW BALL (GHOST)
    ROCK SMASH (FIGHTING)
    NATURE: JOLLY

BLASTOISE - WATER
    HP: 275
    ATK: 217
    DEF: 262
    SP ATK: 206
    SP DEF: 195
    SPD: 208
    ABILITY: TORRENT
    MOVES:
    HYDRO CANNON (WATER)
    HYDRO PUMP (WATER)
    DIVE (WATER)
    NATURE: LAX

LUGIA ("Legend") - FLYING/PSYCHIC
    HP: 339
    ATK: 209
    DEF:314
    SP ATK: 210
    SP DEF: 289
    SPD: 251
    ABILITY: PRESSURE
    MOVES:
    EXTRASENSORY (PSYCHIC)
    HYDRO PUMP (WATER)
    SKY ATTACK (FLYING)
    FLY (FLYING)
    ITEM: LEFTOVERS

TYRANITAR - ROCK/DARK
    HP: 312
    ATK: 290
    DEF: 349
    SP ATK: 209
    SP DEF: 224
    SPD: 131
    ABILITY: SAND STREAM
    MOVES:
    CRUNCH (DARK)
    STRENGTH (NORMAL)
    EARTHQUAKE (GROUND)
    HYPER BEAM (NORMAL)
    NATURE: RELAXED

REGICE - ICE
    HP: 289
    ATK: 121
    DEF: 246
    SP ATK: 237
    SP DEF: 377
    SPD: 119
    ABILITY: CLEAR BODY
    MOVES:
    ICE BEAM (ICE)
    ANCIENTPOWER (ROCK)
    BLIZZARD (ICE)
    THUNDER (ELECTRIC)
    ITEM: RAWST BERRY

So, what do you think of my team? ...Please no flaming/trolling.
    I am... Back from the Beyond. Up, down and all around. I am... Right behind you.

My 5th Gen team:

Let's Play Gen 3!

Emerald Team:

FireRed Team:

why is your typset to the right im not rating this team its too hard to read but you shouldnt have three moves on one pokemon please remove flamethrower blast burn is stronger

For Tyranitar
    Use Stone Edge instead of Strength after you push all the rock for more coverages and for STAB. Use Dragon Dance instead of Hyper Beam since Tyranitar does not have high Special Attack and Dragon Dance gives it more Attack and Speed.

Yeah the layout of your post really isn't the best; it's pretty difficult to read, and just sticking with something basic would make the whole rating process far less confusing and annoying.

Spoiler:- format:

But anyway, getting on to the rate. I'm not going to suggest different natures since I assume you don't want to rebreed, but if you do just let me know.

Typhlosion
    ~ Flamethrower
    ~ Wild Charge
    ~ Rock Slide
    ~ Earthquake

Just a note, and I've noticed this with a few of your sets: it's generally best not to use more than one attacking move of the same type on the one Pokemon, unless they both serve a distinct purpose (for example, running Aqua Jet and Surf on a mixed Samurott is fine since both moves serve a different purpose). With your set, you're missing out on a lot of coverage so it's best to just use the one Fire-type move. I've given you a mixed set since your team is overall very specially inclined. Flamethrower is a powerful and reliable STAB move. Wild Charge to hit Water-types, and Rock Slide + Earthquake give you the QuakeSlide combo, which is very useful in terms of the coverage it provides.

That said, your Typhlosion's SpA stat is considerably higher than its Attack stat, so even though it means your team would be very specially inclined, it might just be best to use more Special moves; this means running Focus Blast > Earthquake, and probably Eruption > Rock Slide because Typhlosion quite literally has no other options. Your call, though.

Absol
    ~ Swords Dance
    ~ Sucker Punch / Night Slash / Psycho Cut
    ~ Sucker Punch / Night Slash / Psycho Cut
    ~ Superpower

Swords Dance powers up all of your moves. You have the option of either running two STAB moves - Sucker Punch and Night Slash - or running one of them and running Psycho Cut for coverage. Sucker Punch gives you some priority but it has a low PP which would be annoying in-game. Night Slash is more reliable and has a high critical hit ratio, which can be abused through Super Luck + Scope Lens, whereas Psycho Cut is much the same but provides some coverage. It should be noted though that Dark + Fighting gets almost perfect neutral coverage, so after a few Swords Dances, Dark + Fighting should be enough to get by, even if they're not super-effective hits.

Blastoise
    ~ Toxic
    ~ Scald / Surf
    ~ Ice Beam
    ~ Protect

Blastoise is a rather bulky Pokemon so can make decent use of a stalling set with Toxic and Protect. It's your choice whether you want to run Surf or Scald; Surf is a more powerful option, whereas Scald, though less powerful, has the chance of inducing a burn on the opponent. Ice Beam rounds out your set nicely, giving you some good coverage.

Lugia
    ~ Calm Mind
    ~ Ice Beam
    ~ Earth Power
    ~ Thunderbolt

Calm Mind for boosting Lugia's Special Attack. After a few Calm Minds, Ice Beam will do heaps of damage and gets rather good coverage as well. Earth Power allows you to hit those Rock- and Steel-types who would otherwise give you some trouble, and Thunderbolt gets great coverage alongside Ice Beam and also has that chance of paralysis. I can't say I've ever used a Lugia before so I'm not 100% sure on the set but hopefully this one works well.

Follow chap196's advice for Tyranitar.

Regice
    ~ Ice Beam
    ~ Thunderbolt
    ~ Focus Blast
    ~ Thunderwave / Rock Polish

Regice has great bulk, but it faces a major problem in that it's just really slow. Thunderwave or Rock Polish can help with this - the former provides team support and slows down your opponent, whereas the latter boosts your own Speed stat. Ice Beam and Thunderbolt give you the BoltBeam combination, which means great coverage. Focus Blast lets you hit Rock- and Steel-types who would otherwise give you trouble.

Hope this helps.

Just as a general rule of thumb, avoid "Hyper Beam" type attacks (Blast Burn, Hydro Cannon). Their high power may seem appealing, but the recharge turn afterwards totally kills their usefulness, since if you don't KO (which would allow you to switch out afterwards in game), or if you're playing the PWT/Battle Subway, you'll be a sitting duck and likely get screwed over. Anything with 75 base power does the same damage over two turns, while anything over 75 exceeds the damage. It's just too incredibly situational, to the point where it isn't worth it in the long run.

Zhanton's suggestions cover the team pretty well, but just thought I'd point out why it's necessary to drop those types of moves specifically.
    Competitive/IGRMT Mod and one of the writers for the PotW.

I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.