Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Oh, the woes of sexual immorality! The ethics of casual sex.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Whisperer Natural Harmonia Gropius View Post
    Why would anyone be jealous of someone because of that? Have you ever heard of anyone ever being jealous because of something like that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dj06 View Post
    I was wondering the same thing. I don't think jealously is an accurate explanation, especially considering it was one of his "general" reasons as to why.

And Happinas, I don't understand what/whom you are attempting to address. If it was to me (which doesn't seem to be the case), it doesn't even come remotely close to being an attempted response to the question I asked....
    I would say more for males than females, at least where i grew up. I went to all boys high school, sex was a milestone. The more you had and the more partners there were the cooler you seemed to be (it was ****ing stupid). Some guys would brag about it and other would give the braggers ****, but as soon as they got laid the **** talking would stop.

To me that would seem like jealousy. They are only trash talking because they want the same experience. I think the term is "hater"

Anyway, that is my .02, take it or leave it.

B
    I like to breed to Pokemon (except IV breeding, i have no interest in it)*. If you have any requests please PM or email me and I will see what I can do to help you. I also have TONS of items.**

Email: pokemonmaster2385@gmail.com (please include "username" @ serebii forums in the heading)
    *I can breed all Pokemon in X&Y now.*
    **Items are in BW & B2W2 only**

Pokemon Y friend code: 3797 - 7081 - 3314
    Pokemon X friend code: 4296 - 4159 - 0229

The way I look at it: don't be a **** and you won't be called one. This goes for all men and women. And I personally won't call anyone a **** unless maybe I was cheated on. I'm just saying that there are maybe thirty people reading this thread, and telling the few people that actually checked it out some facts about promiscuous sex is not going to change society's outlook on it. If you don't want society to call you a gunslinger, don't shoot a gun.

Quote Originally Posted by SlowPokeBroKing View Post
    The way I look at it: don't be a **** and you won't be called one. This goes for all men and women. And I personally won't call anyone a **** unless maybe I was cheated on. I'm just saying that there are maybe thirty people reading this thread, and telling the few people that actually checked it out some facts about promiscuous sex is not going to change society's outlook on it. If you don't want society to call you a gunslinger, don't shoot a gun.
    That is horrible logic. The idea that people should just accept an idiotic taboo instead of rejecting it is ridiculous. Yes, a lot of people are going to call you a **** if you're promiscuous but that doesn't mean that we should just accept it as what's right and move on. Also, the whole point of this thread is to debate whether or not ****-shaming is right, of course we're not going to change society's view on it by debating it here.
    Last edited by Valoo.; 5th May 2013 at 6:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Valoo. View Post
    of course we're not going to change society's view on it by debating it here.
    Nailed it!

****-shaming a woman by saying her clothes were too revealing is a bit unfair to women. I say this because it takes two to tango. We, males, are usually shamed as the gender that can't keep it in our pants (which is actually a bit true since many of my guy friends and classmates were/are involved with casual sexual relationships).

Casual sexual ethics seems to limit the problem to women when it should also include the higher sexual demand we men are wired to have and how people (both men and women) are raised.
        Spoiler:- Just- lol:

This is the 21st century. As long as you play it safe and don't sleep with somebody in a relationship then I don't see you committing any crimes.

Personally I've been in a committed relationship for three years and have never had casual sex with anybody. I've only slept with one person, my girlfriend, and I intend to keep it that way.
    My Y Team:

Do you want to know why programs aimed at teenagers that try to promote abstinence almost NEVER succeed? Here's why:

Programs like this tend to mess up by trying to balance out the message of how evil and dirty pre-marital sex is with how great and wonderful sex is once you're married. It just doesn't make sense. It's hard to show consensual sex in an unappealing way. Unless the work resorts to outright lies, it really has no argument to show any differences between sex within marriage and sex outside of it other than, "It's bad/sinful/immoral".

In fact, people who trying to show to teens that teenage pregnancy is a risk often hits a dead end too with such attepts. The documentary claims that girls have "ruined their lives" by becoming pregnant. Then the cameras step into the house of a teenage girl whose life was "ended by pregnancy" only to find that, somehow, her life has gone on, and the viewers start to have doubts about the directors's claim. It's harder to fear something with which you've become more familiar. (There's almost inevitably- especially in documentary versions- a statement somewhere about how - at least in her own estimation - she's become twice the person she was and how it's really matured her, and how one just doesn't know what love is 'til one is a mother. The director pretty much digs his own grave there, sending the exact oppsite message he's aiming for.)

And I should also add, trying to claim that "premartial sex is evil" because the church condemns it isn't having as much of an impact these days as it used to, because kids are smart these days. It's no coincidence that the virginity pledge movement and abstinence trends like purity rings have coincided with rising rates of oral and anal sex among teenagers. While individual leaders and parishes have given their opinions on oral and anal sex, the churches of each sect have yet to take an official position on them. Because oral and anal sex can't result in pregnancy, this leads kids to believe they're just a little bit less sinful than vaginal pre-martital sex, and that it doesn't technically count because it's not the same as vaginal sex.

And even with vaginal sex, kids can still find other loopholes, such as being engaged or being "spiritually married". They're not actually married, but they believe that you can still do it as long as you get married later. That part's prettymuch in the Bible: ancient Israelite (precursor to Jewish) law specified vaginal intercourse between a man and woman who were both unmarried as being exactly equivalent to marriage vows, the couple becomes instantly married (modern equivalent being "common law" marriage). Hence what seems to be a punishment for premarital sex (marriage) is actually a logical consequence (and hence no ban on fiancee sex).

In short... It used to be that virgins were thought of as "pure". Nowadays, it's not thought of as such a big a deal as it used to be.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234