Thread: My Second RU RMT! Team Petal Drops!

Default My Second RU RMT! Team Petal Drops!

Introduction:
    I was in a dentist's office and was bored, so I decided to make a team in a tier I had never been before, RU. It was the only tier I hadn't played yet, and found it very fun. So, in my spare time, I made a team called Team Petal Drops, which will be explained later. CHANGES IN BOLD!

Spoiler:- Teambuilding Process:

Overview:

So without anymore boring intros, the team:

Moltres @ Heat Rock
    Trait: Pressure
    Shiny: Yes
    EVs: 6 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature
    - Fire Blast
    - SolarBeam
    - Sunny Day
    - Roost

It might seem odd to not have Hurricane on Moltres, but Hurricane's accuracy under Sun is only 50%, the same as Zap Cannon, so I didn't use it. Basically my Sunny Day setter, and with the investment in Speed and Timid allows it to almost always outspeed and put up Sun before being KO'ed, and the sun also alleviates the Water weakness, making it like a Thick Fat to water because it -50% all water moves in the sun. It can also perform amazingly under Sun because Fire Blast is a Sun-Boosted STAB that can do a lot of damage to even Pokemon that Resist it. Fire Blast + SolarBeam is only resisted by mono-dragon and a few dual-dragons , making them a perfect match under the sun. Roost is just for healing and also makes it be weak to Rock x2 under Sun, and Rock is common in RU, but it is it's only powerful weakness in Sun. Heat rock allows for seven turns of glorius and beautiful Sun to help my team. And the only permanent inducer in the tier is Snover, and even that isn't seen much. And look at that majestic chicken flapping its wings.

Gallade (M) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Justified
    EVs: 126 HP / 252 Atk / 132 Spd
    Jolly Nature
    - Close Combat
    - Ice Punch/Fire Punch
    - Shadow Sneak
    - Swords Dance

Ahh Gallade, the better of the two of Gallade and Gardevoir. Don't get me wrong I love Gardevoir, but Gallade is just one of my personal favorites from DP. It already has amazing bulk, but I wanted a little bit extra, while still aiding in giving it full power. It is somewhat slow, but I didn't feel it was necessary because it was bulky already, so I could just focus on that and power. Swords Dance boosts his already great Attack to AMAZING levels that allow it to dent almost anything. At +4 (Which I can easily achieve most of the time) when using Shadow Sneak it does 69.54% to 82.23% HP damage to 252/6 Slowking, a major threat to my team, allowing me to swiftly 2HKO it. Close Combat is amazing as a STAB and its bulk allows for the drops a few times. I can't decide between Fire or Ice Punch because Ice Punch allows for great coverage but Fire Punch gets boosted so much in the Sun for being a Fire-Type move, so I can't decide here, so I need help with this.

Accelgor @ Focus Sash
    Trait: Unburden
    EVs: 252 Special Attack / 4 HP / 252 Spd
    Modest Nature
    - Spikes
    - Yawn
    - Bug Buzz
    - Giga Drain

At first look at this you might be wondering why Pursuit for any reason, but the answer is clear in my mind, while it not be in yours so I will clarify for you: I can Yawn the opponent, forcing them to switch or stay in, and while they switch I can Pursuit them for just some extra damage that breaks their Focus Sash. And while it may seem like a weird choice, the answer is right there: BREAK THE SASH. Then, the next opponent can be Yawn again, and most of the time they'll stay so I can Spikes over and over again. It does seem situational but honestly, it is actually very effective. Focus Sash + Unburden = Almost unparalleled Speed. Bug Buzz is just really a filler move and could be replaced with anything, but it is a nice STAB option if I feel like denting an opponent, like Crawdaunt. I was gonna use a Choice Specs set, but decided not to because I felt Spikes were more necessary.

Archeops @ Flying Gem
    Trait: Defeatist
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature
    - Acrobatics
    - Stone Edge
    - Roost

- U-turn

Archeops is the replacement for my Dusknoir, it has the ability to outspend LO Galvantula and swiftly OHKO it with Head Smash or Stone Edge. It also might seem odd to have both, but I use Stone Edge sometimes because of the Recoil if I need for more than to handle like one pokemon on a team. U-Turn is great for scouting, it also allows me to inflict major damage to 252/6 Slowking, causing 77.66% to 91.88% HP damage leaving it pretty much killed by the next attack. It also swiftly OHKO's Crawdaunt by doing 109.36% to 128.84% HP damage to 0/6 Crawdaunt. Earthquake is just filler and probably the least used move on this set. It is also great pokemon with Choice Band, allowing it to reach Sky-High levels of power backed by base 140 attack and its always amazing 110 Speed, just outpacing Galvantula.

Sceptile @ White Herb
    Trait: Unburden
    EVs: 4 Attack / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Naive Nature
    - Leaf Storm
    - Focus Blast
    - Acrobatics
    - Hidden Power [Ice]

Sceptile is my favorite Grass-Starter behind Snivy, and is still my 3rd favorite starter (Snivy then Oshawott beat it), so naturally I wanted to use it. I was like who knows what crazy stuff I might find when testing it. I found this set to be very useful in-believe-it-or-not-REVENGE KILLING! Yes, it can do so WITHOUT Choice Scarf because of the combo of Unbrden + White Herb is unbelievable. After a monstrous 140 BP STAB Attack it's Speed is doubled with the small cost of losing it's item, which is then helped even more by Acrobatics. Yes, I made a new combo that I have found is run AMAZINGLY well, the combo of Acrobatics, STAB, and Unburden is very deadly to any opponent bar a few. HP [Ice] and Focus Blast are only really used sometimes and are just to add some coverage to it.

Lilligant (F) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Chlorophyll
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    Modest Nature
    - Giga Drain
    - Quiver Dance
    - Sleep Powder
    - Hidden Power [Fire]

My favorite RU of all time, and the reason behind this team. It is a very straightforward set, and is great for thee Sun abouse with Chlorphyll. I almost always set up a Sleep Powder unless it decides to be a 25% chance to miss which is very sad. But, when it is unleashed, I can easily Quiver Dance and then proceed to sweep them with this beautiful beast. I tear up thinking about how amazingly beautiful this thing is. It can function way better than it's counterpart in my opinion, even without Prankster. Giga Drain + Life Orb= PRESERVATION POWER! I have reliable healing that is STAB and boosted by Life orb and can just heal off any damage I take. HP [Fire] may seem like a very odd choice instead of HP [Ice], but it is because then HP [Fire] becomes a more powerful base 105 because of the Sun boost, allowing it to hit VERY hard.

Last Look:

Spoiler:- (Importable/Exportable) For your evil conniving thievery >_>:

Spoiler:- Threatlist:

Thanks for reading! Hope you rate/test/and read it all!

Last edited by Ryan7437; 28th March 2013 at 6:12 PM.

I understand that you want to make a team around Lilligant, but with only ONE Sunny Day user, you may find it very hard for Lilligant to set up while the sun is up. Plus, Moltres is stopped cold by Stealth Rock (which is the most common type of hazard lol), and with the phoenix out, Lilligant is pretty much dead weight (so I suggest a second Sunny Day user. Maybe Uxie?). A physically based Accelgor is also NOT A GOOD IDEA. It's base 70 attack literally does nothing to most of the metagame (bar Jynx), and Accelgor can break sashes easily with its 145 Speed anyway.

I suggest this set:
    Accelgor@Focus Sash
    EVS: 252 Spd; 252 SpAtk; 4 HP
    Nature: Modest
    Trait: Sticky Hold
    - Bug Buzz
    - Spikes
    - Yawn
    - Focus Blast/Hidden Power [Fire]/Giga Drain

This is basically a more offensive oriented version of your Accelgor. The last moveset has plenty of choices, but i suggest GIGA DRAIN so that you can destroy Kabutops, the best spinner in the tier. Bug Buzz is a great STAB, and allows you to OHKO Tangrowth (a major threat, and the closest thing we have to a physical Blissey)

Choice Band Archeops is also extremely hard to play with; with CB, you're locked into one move, causing you to switch out a lot. When you switch in with SR on the field, you lose 25 percent each time, which can easily lower you to Defeatist. Therefore, I suggest the standard Flying Gem Archeops

Archeops@Flying Gem
    EVS: 252 Atk; 252 Spd; 4 HP
    Nature: Jolly/Adamant
    - Acrobatics
    - Earthquake
    - Roost/Stone Edge
    - U-Turn

This a very standard set, but Roost is something that stands out on such a frail Pokemon. It may seem useless, but actually, with Archeop's immense offensive prowess, it scares a lot of things, causing them to switch out. You can predict this, and Roost of some damage, allowing you to steer clear of Archeop's crippling ability, Defeatist.

Hope this helped!
    Credit to Astral Shadow!

Quote Originally Posted by justinjiaxinghu View Post
    I understand that you want to make a team around Lilligant, but with only ONE Sunny Day user, you may find it very hard for Lilligant to set up while the sun is up. Plus, Moltres is stopped cold by Stealth Rock (which is the most common type of hazard lol), and with the phoenix out, Lilligant is pretty much dead weight (so I suggest a second Sunny Day user. Maybe Uxie?). A physically based Accelgor is also NOT A GOOD IDEA. It's base 70 attack literally does nothing to most of the metagame (bar Jynx), and Accelgor can break sashes easily with its 145 Speed anyway.

I know, that is why I use it as a lead so I can set up the Sun, switch and get 6 turns of it still. But who could I replace for another Sunny Day user/abuser and what would it's move set be?

I suggest this set:
    Accelgor@Focus Sash
    EVS: 252 Spd; 252 SpAtk; 4 HP
    Nature: Modest
    Trait: Sticky Hold
    - Bug Buzz
    - Spikes
    - Yawn
    - Focus Blast/Hidden Power [Fire]/Giga Drain

This is basically a more offensive oriented version of your Accelgor. The last moveset has plenty of choices, but i suggest GIGA DRAIN so that you can destroy Kabutops, the best spinner in the tier. Bug Buzz is a great STAB, and allows you to OHKO Tangrowth (a major threat, and the closest thing we have to a physical Blissey)

Ok, I will definitly Test this one out.

Choice Band Archeops is also extremely hard to play with; with CB, you're locked into one move, causing you to switch out a lot. When you switch in with SR on the field, you lose 25 percent each time, which can easily lower you to Defeatist. Therefore, I suggest the standard Flying Gem Archeops

Archeops@Flying Gem
    EVS: 252 Atk; 252 Spd; 4 HP
    Nature: Jolly/Adamant
    - Acrobatics
    - Earthquake
    - Roost/Stone Edge
    - U-Turn

This a very standard set, but Roost is something that stands out on such a frail Pokemon. It may seem useless, but actually, with Archeop's immense offensive prowess, it scares a lot of things, causing them to switch out. You can predict this, and Roost of some damage, allowing you to steer clear of Archeop's crippling ability, Defeatist.

I didn't even realize it got Roost, if I had known I would have definitely run this set, thanks you!

Hope this helped!
    Thanks a lot!

Personally, I'd go for Own Tempo and Petal Dance over Chlororphyll and Giga Drain on Lilligant. You hardly see sun in RU (do you?), and you don't utilize it. Petal Dance is stronger than Life Orb boosted Giga Drain as well. You can utilize Leftovers over Life Orb if you choose this option.
    For trade:
    Legendaries- Shiny rash , Shiny relaxed , Sassy , , 2 (one docile, one lax), , , (DW event), , ,

DW(non-female)- ,

DW females-

Friend Codes:
    White- 2537 7184 5779

Name: Nike
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage
    With enough skill, you can put any pokemon here

During my time in laddering at RU, I found that Lilligant is a very good sun abuser. However, Moltres, to me, isnt a good sun setter do to its terrible SR weakness (you also have no spinner lol)
    So, I suggest Uxie. Its 75/130/130 defenses is nothing to laugh at, so it can comfortably switch in many times. It also has a decent 95 speed.

Uxie@Heat Rock
    EVS: 252 HP; 152 Def; 104 Spd
    Nature: Bold
    Trait: Levitate
    - Stealth Rock
    - U-Turn
    - Sunny Day
    - Thunder Wave/Toxic

Stealth Rock is to stop those other goddamn Moltres's in their tracks, U-Turn to gain momentum, and ofc you need Sunny Day. Thunder Wave is for crippling faster pokemon, and Toxic is to stop stallers.
    Credit to Astral Shadow!