Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 96

Thread: Meowth, Colress and Team Rivalry! (780)

  1. #51
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    @ Terminus w/Daryl
    Posts
    41,300

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Charizard View Post
    But I found it to be a very entertaining episode! The Pignite arc was silly and cute and I thought it was nice.
    It was still a complete waste of time in my opinion. When I learned that Pignite was gonna appear and that Charizard was involved I assumed that some type of training would take place, but all we got was a sub plot that cut into Team Rocket's screen-time, which was supposed to be the highlight of the episode. I really liked Team Rocket's part of the episode, but the fact that I couldn't completely enjoy the entire episode because of the other sub plot has me beyond pressed to be honest.

  2. #52
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    12,744

    Default

    Finally watched the episode, it was entertaining, I guess the Pignite plot was there because the writers didn't want to have the kids absent from the episode and give it to TR, I didn't mind it even though I would have prefered him being depressed instead of sick but I guess he migth have finally put that past himself nowadays, atleast it gave us a little moment of all the pokemon being out and happy Dragonite having fun eating with the others, so people don't think he is always grumpy :P.

    About the TR plot, I liked it, they basicly wanted to test the machine, isolate Achroma and steal the machine from him and baited them with Meowth, sure they didn't do it but they didn't look silly, they were able to trap Angie and the others grunts, recover Meowth and leave unscathed, they didn't win anything but didn't lose anything either.

    Its a shame that they will be back to what they were 100% by DA most likelly...

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    on Earth
    Posts
    45

    Default

    Even if the sub-plot was kinda pointless, I appreciate that it was something different than something we've seen before like training practice. Good to have variety, you know what I mean?
    If you play Pokemon with your favorites and don't rush through the game to start EV training, IV breeding, etc... I salute you.

    Ozzy Hotspot Buster Zeke Stewie Sundae
    This is my Pokemon White team. I beat the gym leaders, the Elite Four, N, and Ghetis without evolving my Pokemon. I love this team.

    Help me complete the National Pokedex!
    Current Status: 642/646 Still Need: , , ,
    Events up for trade: ASH , FEB2012 , TRU , TRU , 2012MAY , ALAMOS , TRU , Movie14
    Platinum FC: 4511-6675-9996
    HeartGold FC: 3654-3503-9839
    White FC: 3739-9038-0200

  4. #54

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Toonyoungster View Post
    Good to have variety, you know what I mean?
    It's because of this reason that people don't like BW much.

    Palutena believes there is no such thing as personal space. ~Made by yours truly~
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris / 3DS FC: Ask / Normal Safari: Audino, Smeargle, Lillipup
    Youtube Channel - Mario Kart 8

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    13,659

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    Finally watched the episode, it was entertaining, I guess the Pignite plot was there because the writers didn't want to have the kids absent from the episode and give it to TR, I didn't mind it even though I would have prefered him being depressed instead of sick but I guess he migth have finally put that past himself nowadays, atleast it gave us a little moment of all the pokemon being out and happy Dragonite having fun eating with the others, so people don't think he is always grumpy :P.

    About the TR plot, I liked it, they basicly wanted to test the machine, isolate Achroma and steal the machine from him and baited them with Meowth, sure they didn't do it but they didn't look silly, they were able to trap Angie and the others grunts, recover Meowth and leave unscathed, they didn't win anything but didn't lose anything either.

    Its a shame that they will be back to what they were 100% by DA most likelly...
    They were able to plant a recorder or a tracker or something so it wasn't a total loss.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!

  6. #56
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    12,744

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    It's because of this reason that people don't like BW much.
    Variety? wait a TR episode every episode is variety? 6 pokemon instead of 9 is variety? sidekicks and rivals all with diferent defined personalities isn't variety?

    Anyway off-topic just sayin.

    Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    They were able to plant a recorder or a tracker or something so it wasn't a total loss.
    Didn't even notice that, I guess so but probably won't amount to much, maybe it helps them tracking them if it is some kind of tracking mechanism like you say and thats what makes them be at the climax(not that they wouldn't randomly show up if it wasn't).

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    459

    Default

    Highlight of this whole episode for me was Team Rocket. They weren't the butt monkeys for one second, in fact they made Team Plasma look more comical in comparison which was shocking. I liked that bit with Angie being the one to come up with a plan to escape the trap. She really showed why she's higher up in the ranks than the other grunts. What Team Rocket did wasn't pointless. They were trying to recruit Colress and used Meowth as bait. They just happened to fail. And just because of that everyone thinks the plot was pointless. Would you rather it not happen at all? Then everyone would be complaining that Team Rocket isn't doing crap.

    I liked the Ash subplot just for Stunfisk and for giving Charizard an excuse to sort-of seismic toss Pignite. It was honestly harmless fun. I don't see how that bit could ruin the whole episode for over half the people here.
    -
    [IMG]http://i44.*******.com/9i9zxi.gif[/IMG]

    [IMG]http://i39.*******.com/j8faqd.png[/IMG]
    * Credit to pokefan#493

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    New Tork City
    Posts
    7,691

    Default

    What was the building that N found to have been destroyed by the Genesect? It looked like another lab but that would contradict the implication that they escaped from the P2 Laboratory.

    (Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 14: The Pursuit of the Truth
    Next: The Bard and the Diva

    The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate


    Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CupidKirby View Post
    They weren't the butt monkeys for one second, in fact they made Team Plasma look more comical in comparison which was shocking.
    Yeah, Colress and Angie have been getting somewhat sillier with each appearance, with Colress as a total looney and Angie as his continually frusturated 'straight-girl'.

    What Team Rocket did wasn't pointless. They were trying to recruit Colress and used Meowth as bait. They just happened to fail.
    That wasn't their plan. Their plan was to plant a device on the mind control machine to spy on Team Plasma. Meowth was the distraction needed to get them close enough to the machine without Colress and Team Plasma paying much attention. And it was a success. Now Team Rocket knows where Team Plasma is going and can take advantage of what happens in the White Ruins to steal the mind control machine for themselves at last. So yes, their actions here were definately not pointless.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler View Post
    What was the building that N found to have been destroyed by the Genesect? It looked like another lab but that would contradict the implication that they escaped from the P2 Laboratory.
    I think that may have been part of his castle and the Genesects were escaping when Reishiram destroyed it; they didn't do it themselves.

    They were likely made in the P2 Lab but they didn't escape from there; they were just transported back to Plasma HQ.
    Last edited by AgentPierce; 1st April 2013 at 5:03 PM.

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    334

    Default

    I thought this episode was a step up from the last couple, but still not great. Once again I was disappointed at how quickly the mind control thing was resolved. I would've preferred having Meowth temporarily join Team Plasma and Team Rocket battles to get him back later. It would've been a good chance for Meowth to finally be a badass for a few episodes.

    I always like these episodes where Ash bonds with one of his Pokemon, they've been scarcely few in Best Wishes, so I'm not too upset that it was kind of filler-y. I did find it odd that Krookodile was there and not Boldore when Boldore was used before and was featured so prominently in the opening.
    Defeated Super Single Subway Master Ingo - August 19th, 2013


    Searching for: Litwick - Near Perfect IVs, Manetric (Shiny) - Good IVs, Switcheroo
    Can offer high IV'd Bagons, Digletts, and Darumakas, as well as DWs, Pokerus, and more, PM me if interesting in negotiating.

  11. #61
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    IN YO FACE
    Posts
    4,111

    Default

    I love how Iris saved the day for Ash's pokemon and not Ash himself lol.

  12. #62
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    3,801

    Default

    Episode was good in the dub....but the pignite plot point could have been left out completely. Only there for an excuse To still have ash and the group in the episode at all.
    My first shiny ever caught!

    Named Admiral Sentret

  13. #63
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Route 21
    Posts
    1,155

    Default

    I liked Mewoth and Colress's intractions, TR did the right thing this time. The Piginite plot gave some screentime to Ash and the others.
    Pokémon XY


    Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!

    Quote Originally Posted by DaDonYordel View Post
    Are we not just silly people writing silly complaints on this message board?

  14. #64
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,201

    Default

    This episdoe was good in the dub



  15. #65

    Default

    So, counting Noctowl is descending form is enough to snap you out from the almighty mind control device? Weak. Colress needs to check his facts again.

    Ah, Pignite! You finally realize you're the inferior Fire-type of the lot and you must evolve for the sake of becoming more powe-

    *Seeds are blown out*

    ...Never mind. You suck, fire sumo pork. I would've expected Cilan to apologize at least, but he didn't.

    N, you're supposed to say "Genesect". You still think it's heinous to do experiments, but mention the robo-bugs.

    Palutena believes there is no such thing as personal space. ~Made by yours truly~
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris / 3DS FC: Ask / Normal Safari: Audino, Smeargle, Lillipup
    Youtube Channel - Mario Kart 8

  16. #66
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Mt. Chimney
    Posts
    204

    Default

    I liked the episode. Team Rocket actually didn't look totally foolish, which was a nice change. I really like how Colress is so apathetic toward using the Pokemon and Team Plasma without caring what happens. It was cool to see Pignite and Charizard interact, but I wish that it was in different circumstances. It would have been a great way to evolve the pig, with him seeing how outclassed he is with Charizard. I thought that it was hilarious to see them both using their flamethrowers on Ash. Probably the highlight of that whole plot in my opinion.

    In regard to N at the end of the episode... Are those the four Genesects from the next Pokemon movie? There was one shiny one and three normal ones, and I guess that that could be the P2 Lab!
    Friend safari:

    The Userbar was made by Brutaka

  17. #67
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    542

    Default

    I liked this episode. It was basically a Team Rocket filler except different to any other.

    "Serious" TR manage to be tolerable here and Colress was great as usual.

    What's very funny is that I usually look forward to TR's irrelevant side stories, but now that Ash is doing that here I really wish he wasn't in this episode.

  18. #68
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    亜米利&#2115
    Posts
    2,940

    Default

    I actually liked Rocket0dan alot in this episode!
    I makes me wish they were more like this in the earlier arc.
    岩根雅明=♡

  19. #69
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    319

    Default

    Wait, they honestly named Brad in the dub "Barrett"? What is up with these names? Angie and Brad were fine names, why change it to Aldith and Barrett? Ugh

  20. #70
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    484

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Virgil133 View Post
    Wait, they honestly named Brad in the dub "Barrett"? What is up with these names? Angie and Brad were fine names, why change it to Aldith and Barrett? Ugh
    You know Angie and Brad were puns on Angelina Jolie and Bradd Pitt, right?
    [IMG]http://i42.*******.com/zlsw91.jpg[/IMG]
    Creds to Silverend719

    Quote Originally Posted by supersmew View Post
    Pokémon White 2.

    Because I want to nearly die by being impaled by ice spears.

    Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    I didn't know that Rocks turned into Haunted/Evil Trees nowadays.

  21. #71
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Between Noland and Adan <3
    Posts
    4,343

    Default

    This was probably one of the best episodes of the season. Sadly that's not saying much.

  22. #72
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    484

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jolteonjak View Post
    This was probably one of the best episodes of the season. Sadly that's not saying much.
    Yeah, I agree. Most of them are really good, mainly because this is a Team Plasma oriented series.
    [IMG]http://i42.*******.com/zlsw91.jpg[/IMG]
    Creds to Silverend719

    Quote Originally Posted by supersmew View Post
    Pokémon White 2.

    Because I want to nearly die by being impaled by ice spears.

    Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    I didn't know that Rocks turned into Haunted/Evil Trees nowadays.

  23. #73
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    3,801

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AceOfSpadez View Post
    Yeah, I agree. Most of them are really good, mainly because this is a Team Plasma oriented series.
    Kind of makes you imagine how good BW could have been as whole if they spread out the plasma plot through At least most or a lot more of the region, and had rocket be just like this the whole time. This is probably the most likable trio there has ever been besides the very beginning of os.
    My first shiny ever caught!

    Named Admiral Sentret

  24. #74
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2,873

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AceOfSpadez View Post
    You know Angie and Brad were puns on Angelina Jolie and Bradd Pitt, right?
    And that's a reason to change the names in the dub?
    Shiny Pokémon (47)


    Shiny Event Pokémon (11)

  25. #75
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,712

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Royal_Qeca View Post
    And that's a reason to change the names in the dub?
    Not really, but as someone who grew up with the dub, I'm not in the least bit offended by the superficial things they change.

    We've had so much worse happen to it, that it doesn't phase me that much.

    I'm not a fan of the name Aldith, though. Reminds me of Mr. Sarkidarkis back in the Battle Frontier. What weird names.
    My Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW001-BW115)/Average > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW116-BW142)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY001-Present)/Terrible > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP001-DP191)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. TCG: Wizards of the Coast > PUSA > TPCi
    7. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •