Thread: Ash's W/L Ratio

Default Ash's W/L Ratio

I know this has probably not happened yet, but I'm just curious. Does anyone know Ash's W/L ratio, (only based on the on screen battles throughout the series, of course)?

If someone actually took the time to do the math of every win or loss by Ash divided by his total number of battles, we could effectively determine just how good or bad Ash currently is.

We could also split it down into regions and use a common ratio so that regions with more episodes would be on the same percentage scale as ones with less. By doing this, we could effectively learn what reigon Ash was at his best.

Thoughts?
    It's not about winning; it's the rivers you cross.

Not really. Because in the anime, Pokemon isn't just about battling. It is about raising your Pokemon and building a bond with them.

Even if you only look at the battling aspect, some battles are worth more than others. His victory over Orange Islands' Lance, where many trainers never even got past his Ditto, is probably worth more than him losing to Random Trainer X in some fun, impromptu battle.
    I'm part of the staff at Project Pokemon! Smod in forums, AOP in IRC, Administrator on Shoddy. Come visit us. Our Project is Pokemon!

Quote Originally Posted by randomspot555 View Post
    Not really. Because in the anime, Pokemon isn't just about battling. It is about raising your Pokemon and building a bond with them.

Even if you only look at the battling aspect, some battles are worth more than others. His victory over Orange Islands' Lance, where many trainers never even got past his Ditto, is probably worth more than him losing to Random Trainer X in some fun, impromptu battle.
    This. This right here. People need to stop obsessing over the numbers and look at what the actual show is actually trying to get across. Thank you.

Also, wrong section :P

98% of the teenage population has died smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
    Good old natural selection...

Quote Originally Posted by Honeyichigo View Post
    This. This right here. People need to stop obsessing over the numbers and look at what the actual show is actually trying to get across. Thank you.

Also, wrong section :P
    Whoops, sorry about that. Also, I agree with what you're saying. I just thought it'd be interesting to check out some numbers.
    It's not about winning; it's the rivers you cross.

I'll just punt this to the anime section as this is specific to it.

A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

The BBS Forums! Join in!
    Gain achievements for activity on forums & the games!

Tied to this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors - check it out!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut?
    Current article: Pokemon Analysis: The Seel/Dewgong Line! Whatever animals are these based on...?
    Avatar by minty-fivestar on DA, with edited background/cropping. Fic banner by cieux.

His win percentage is around 60-70% since he must win to progress the Plot.

There's a Sinnoh and Unova Battle Record (search for it), but it seems that people lost all interest in the Unova record after the Pokemon League.