Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 76

Thread: anime mistakes

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    16

    Default anime mistakes

    I know there are a few funny/weird mistakes made in the anime if you know any please post!

    epic0cow on skype and xbox live. thanks to brukata for the sig.
    SPECIALTY:WATER AND ELETRIC TYPES

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lumiose City
    Posts
    195

    Default

    Ok so in the Pokemon Diamond and Pearl series, Dawn is gonna battle a trainer with her Mamoswine. In this scene, there were 2 Pikachus in the scene, so I'll show you the picture.

    http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/e/eb/DP158_error.png

    Do you see the difference in here?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zappo09 View Post
    Ok so in the Pokemon Diamond and Pearl series, Dawn is gonna battle a trainer with her Mamoswine. In this scene, there were 2 Pikachus in the scene, so I'll show you the picture.

    http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/e/eb/DP158_error.png

    Do you see the difference in here?
    LOL I think I have seen thet ep. but i didnt noyice

    epic0cow on skype and xbox live. thanks to brukata for the sig.
    SPECIALTY:WATER AND ELETRIC TYPES

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    72

    Default

    I like the ones that are a bit more obvious, haha.

    In ep33 where Ash is using Lara's Ponyta in that race, at the beginning you see what everyone is riding on at the starting line and this one trainer is riding on a Nidorino. Later on, when Team Rocket starts interfering, they end up freaking out the one trainer's Tauros who runs into the same trainer with the Nidorino, except in this shot they were riding a Nidorina.

    Another thing I always find funny is when you can hear characters' Japanese voices in the English versions. One example I remember is in ep31; after Ash and everyone leave the hot springs to follow the Diglett, they are instead saying their Japanese name Digda. :P

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Kanto
    Posts
    89

    Default

    There was an episode where may didnt wear pants.
    “We do have a lot in common.
    The same air, the same Earth, the same
    sky.
    Maybe if we started looking at
    what's the same instead of
    always looking at what's different,
    ...well, who knows?”
    ― Meowth

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sandy ketchum View Post
    there was an episode where may didnt wear pants.
    holy arceus thats wierd!!!

    epic0cow on skype and xbox live. thanks to brukata for the sig.
    SPECIALTY:WATER AND ELETRIC TYPES

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Kanto
    Posts
    89

    Default

    it was in AG92 Judgement day. i dont know how they didnt even notice this. http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/8/...ike_shorts.png
    “We do have a lot in common.
    The same air, the same Earth, the same
    sky.
    Maybe if we started looking at
    what's the same instead of
    always looking at what's different,
    ...well, who knows?”
    ― Meowth

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    In your trash can
    Posts
    236

    Default

    There was an episode in the Johto saga where Brock says water is weak to fire.
    Arbok evolves into Seviper? YEAH PLEASE.
    Ash's Gible not evolving. Not really a mistake but more of an epic fail.
    "Finish it off with False Swipe!"

    There are more but I'm done for now.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    In your base, killing ur doods
    Posts
    174

    Default

    In a couple episodes, Officer Jenny addresses Growlithe as Arcanine. Stupid...
    I AM ERROR!
    Check out my YouTube channel! http://m.youtube.com/#/user/NinjaOfT...injaOfTheSkies
    My Pokemon/Futurama fanfic: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9186329/...anto-Adventure

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    550

    Default

    Misty calls Furret a Ground type.

    Quote Originally Posted by sandy ketchum View Post
    it was in AG92 Judgement day. i dont know how they didnt even notice this. http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/8/...ike_shorts.png
    *laughs, then gags*
    I, stickerstaryoshi, am now authorized to use the usertitle "We got 3D: XY!", created by user Cresselia92 and to modify it according to my desires.

    Fan of the Mario and Luigi series since 2005.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Riding on my Crimson Loftwing
    Posts
    1,487

    Default

    In SEVERAL episodes: Pigeot is referred to as Pigeotto and vice versa
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†


    Credit goes to FairyWitch at Flower Paradise Graphics

    Fanfic Status: Currently postponed-- Kingdom Hearts: Memories' Reflection. Last updated 8/17/13

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    1,324

    Default

    There was one episode where it was said that Seviper evolved from Arbok...

    Credits to Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner!

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    In your base, killing ur doods
    Posts
    174

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UbersSuck20 View Post
    "Finish it off with False Swipe!".
    That is this thread in a nutshell.
    I AM ERROR!
    Check out my YouTube channel! http://m.youtube.com/#/user/NinjaOfT...injaOfTheSkies
    My Pokemon/Futurama fanfic: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9186329/...anto-Adventure

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    195

    Default

    In the opening of episode 425, there are several miscolored Pokemon. Marill is light blue, Shroomish's spots are the same color as its head, the Linoone in the background is orange and last but not least, Breloom is blue and green.

    http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/b/bd/AG151_error.png

    ...P.S., that should be Breloom's shiny form.
    It's not about winning; it's the rivers you cross.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    I'm here but not all there
    Posts
    264

    Default

    In Pokemon Emergency, when Nurse Joy is walking, two extra steps can be heard.
    In The Purr-Fect Hero, when the kids are playing with Weezing, he loses his eyes.
    Thunder Armor

    There's 3 for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzBlast View Post
    YOUR DOG IS NOT A POKEMON.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flurried Rains View Post
    Female Alakazam. Oh hot damn I love a girl with a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by Azereus View Post
    You don't think a muscular female body builder without a shirt isn't disturbing? I guess we're all different when it comes to social norms...

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Lost in Subspace...
    Posts
    1,234

    Default

    flaaffy is misspelt every time it appears in a trainer's choice.
    The Doctor: 'People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually*
    from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff.'
    In other words: Time is Complicated.
    Credit to epicjirachifan, Chapter of Charizard FairyWitch and Astaral Shadow of the Under

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    In your base, killing ur doods
    Posts
    174

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fitzy909 View Post
    flaaffy is misspelt every time it appears in a trainer's choice.
    It's a sad day when GF can't even spell their own character's name...
    I AM ERROR!
    Check out my YouTube channel! http://m.youtube.com/#/user/NinjaOfT...injaOfTheSkies
    My Pokemon/Futurama fanfic: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9186329/...anto-Adventure

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    330

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chriiis View Post
    I like the ones that are a bit more obvious, haha.

    In ep33 where Ash is using Lara's Ponyta in that race, at the beginning you see what everyone is riding on at the starting line and this one trainer is riding on a Nidorino. Later on, when Team Rocket starts interfering, they end up freaking out the one trainer's Tauros who runs into the same trainer with the Nidorino, except in this shot they were riding a Nidorina.

    Another thing I always find funny is when you can hear characters' Japanese voices in the English versions. One example I remember is in ep31; after Ash and everyone leave the hot springs to follow the Diglett, they are instead saying their Japanese name Digda. :P
    In that same racing episode, Squirtle says his part of Japanese name.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this into your sig if you are too.†

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    72

    Default

    ^ Also, when Ponyta evolves, Ash glows too like they are evolving/fusing together or something, lmao; I even think Squirtle was missing his belly lines in one shot. Lately I've been rewatching the series from the beginning when I get a chance and it's funny how easily some obvious mistakes slip by when you're not actually looking for them(aka watching them originally).

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    611

    Default

    Not sure if it counts towards the anime but in the first movie when Ash and the Pokemon are about to have the showdown with Mewtwo and the clothes the Rapidash has no flames on its back.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    In your base, killing ur doods
    Posts
    174

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmareisalive View Post
    Not sure if it counts towards the anime but in the first movie when Ash and the Pokemon are about to have the showdown with Mewtwo and the clothes the Rapidash has no flames on its back.
    I'm pretty sure Rapidash can actually do that.
    I AM ERROR!
    Check out my YouTube channel! http://m.youtube.com/#/user/NinjaOfT...injaOfTheSkies
    My Pokemon/Futurama fanfic: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9186329/...anto-Adventure

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Lost in Subspace...
    Posts
    1,234

    Default

    i got another one and this is that early on every pokemon used tackle. it was called even though they may not have been able to learn it. however, they may have been telling them to just tackle instead of just using tackle attack.
    The Doctor: 'People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually*
    from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff.'
    In other words: Time is Complicated.
    Credit to epicjirachifan, Chapter of Charizard FairyWitch and Astaral Shadow of the Under

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    England
    Posts
    321

    Default

    Ash's Bulbasaur used Whirlwind when he fought Koga
    The Original Team.
    Circa 1999.
    AS Team


  24. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Coventry, United Kingdom
    Posts
    766

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fitzy909 View Post
    i got another one and this is that early on every pokemon used tackle. it was called even though they may not have been able to learn it. however, they may have been telling them to just tackle instead of just using tackle attack.
    This is not a mistake. By anime logic, most pokemon should be able to use tackle. Tackle and tackle attack are the same thing. I don't know where you are differentiating it from.
    [IMG]http://oi44.*******.com/2r2chw2.jpg[/IMG]

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    In your base, killing ur doods
    Posts
    174

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CliveKoopa View Post
    This is not a mistake. By anime logic, most pokemon should be able to use tackle. Tackle and tackle attack are the same thing. I don't know where you are differentiating it from.
    So basically, you're saying someone could be all like "Beldum, Tackle!", and it'd be able to do that, despite not learning the move?
    I AM ERROR!
    Check out my YouTube channel! http://m.youtube.com/#/user/NinjaOfT...injaOfTheSkies
    My Pokemon/Futurama fanfic: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9186329/...anto-Adventure

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •