Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: anime mistakes

One time, Tracey was saying how well Marill and Venonat work as a team, and Misty says "At least they're not Bug types.". How did she become a Gym Leader if she doesn't know that? XD

Apparently, Arbok was told to use Poison Needle, which is the Japanese name for Poison Sting. Never mind just leaving the Japanese Pokémon animé cries in the animé, they actually leave the move names as well.

The Arbok ---> Seviper evolution mistake really confused me. It was when I was new to Pokémon, and even then I knew that Arbok didn't evolve into Seviper.

Wow, the dub really messes up simple facts about Arbok, doesn't it?
        Spoiler:- My best teams:

Quote Originally Posted by ThePurpleOne View Post
    So basically, you're saying someone could be all like "Beldum, Tackle!", and it'd be able to do that, despite not learning the move?
    Well, duh. Of course. I wouldn't even consider tackle as a move anyway. Any "move" what can physically be done by the vast majority of pokemon and humans also is not a mistake. Pokemon are not brain-dead, anyone can learn how to tackle or punch, etc if they have limbs to punch or a body to tackle. It makes more sense.
    Last edited by CliveKoopa; 8th April 2013 at 9:02 PM.
    [IMG]http://oi44.*******.com/2r2chw2.jpg[/IMG]

I don't think it's an error, but it's a fact that I found very funny. When you see Misty, you usually think that she has short hair. How can she possibly get of those hair to that very long hair cut that arrives to her basin ?
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt account

She has her hair all tied back. Either that or she is wearing a wig.

The anime have so many mistakes, especially in the first couple of series of Pokemon. I mean it was so bad that they had to edit out some epieodes (The Gun, and the Bikini ones) and change the plot a bit.

Also about the tackle thing, almost every Pokemon can just lunge itself towards it's opponent by logic but apparently to make it look cool they named it Tackle. So every Pokemon should be able to learn tackle but unfortunately they can't because they only limit it towards the one in the games
    Fan Fic: Nexus Renegade
    When a new dimension is created and gives birth to three terrors of the world. The Nexus will judge you
    Currently Under Revision
    Special Thanks to Inudono19 for the Badass Morph of the Creation Trio

Quote Originally Posted by Papousse View Post
    I don't think it's an error, but it's a fact that I found very funny. When you see Misty, you usually think that she has short hair. How can she possibly get of those hair to that very long hair cut that arrives to her basin ?
    She's probably wearing a weave/hair extensions. At least that's what I came up with.

Quote Originally Posted by Nockturne View Post
    Ash's Bulbasaur used Whirlwind when he fought Koga
    I believe that was a mis-translation: in the original version Ash simply ordered Bulbasaur to blow away an oncoming attack. Since Whirlwind's Japanese name can be translated as "Blow Away," there was obviously some confusion and 4kids thought Ash was referring to the actual move.

in AG098 Gyarados' underbelly is also colored red instead of the cream color it is supposed to be.
    http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/1/...98_Error_2.png

"Do you know the definition of insanity?"
    Y Team:Chesnaught, Talonflame, Blastoise, Aegislash, Tyrantrum, Heliolisk

3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

Three I can think of off the top of my head:

-- In Bulbasaur and the Hidden Village, when Team Rocket are caught in the net, the borders of Meowth's ears turn tan/orange instead of black.
    -- In one Misty-era episode, I forget which one, Togepi doesn't have a face for one scene.
    -- This might be a Japanese mistranslation like the one mentioned above, now that I think of it, but in Lapras of Luxury Ash tells Lapras to use "cold beam" instead of ice beam.
    My Shinies: NEW!! 08/21 NEW!! 8/22
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: Black1 White1 Diamond Pearl quad hunt; playing X
    On hold: (till 3rd gen remakes)
    To reclaim:

An officer jenny called her Growlithe Arcanine instead

The mistranslations seem to be common, haha. In The Mandarin Island Miss Match, Prima/Lorelei tells Jynx to use Ice Beam on Team Rocket when it was really using Ice Punch.

In the new Charizard vs Dragonite episode

During the flashback when Aerodactyl was carrying Ash, its foot magically turned Orange

http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/th...16_error_2.png

Quote Originally Posted by Xlate View Post
    In the new Charizard vs Dragonite episode

During the flashback when Aerodactyl was carrying Ash, its foot magically turned Orange

http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/th...16_error_2.png
    Heh, I guess they thought Aerodactyl was a Staraptor or something.
    I AM ERROR!
    Check out my YouTube channel! http://m.youtube.com/#/user/NinjaOfT...injaOfTheSkies
    My Pokemon/Futurama fanfic: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9186329/...anto-Adventure

Maybe they got Aerodactyl mixed with Charizard, who also made his first appearance in that episode. Or for some reason they decided to colour in the stock footage, I don't know why though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    I believe that was a mis-translation: in the original version Ash simply ordered Bulbasaur to blow away an oncoming attack. Since Whirlwind's Japanese name can be translated as "Blow Away," there was obviously some confusion and 4kids thought Ash was referring to the actual move.
    4Kids are idiots.
    I AM ERROR!
    Check out my YouTube channel! http://m.youtube.com/#/user/NinjaOfT...injaOfTheSkies
    My Pokemon/Futurama fanfic: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9186329/...anto-Adventure

Quote Originally Posted by ThePurpleOne View Post
    4Kids are idiots.
    That much is true. I found this a long time ago while browsing Dogasu's Backpack:

ichael Haigney: "In an early episode, there was a new...new character, and it was Charmander. So, at the end of the session, all the major a-actors were done, and Charmander had to make some kind of a sound. So I thought "well...OK here's...here's one Pokémon, there are a hundred and fifty. We have fifty-two more episodes. Charmander's probably in this one episode and we'll never see Charmander again. [the other actors laugh] So I say...y'know, we had like a little time...so y'know what? I'm just gonna jump in, and I'll do a sound. And it was like [in Charmander's voice] "Char! Char! Char!" like that. And...'cuz he was a little character. And [in Charmander's voice] "Chaaaaar!" like that. [the other actors laugh] OK, so I thought I was done."
    Norman Grossfeld: "Wait...a little...one more time." [the other actors laugh]
    Veronica Taylor: "How's it go again?"
    Michael Haigney: "So then... [in Charmander's voice] Char! Char!"
    Maddie Blaustein: [in Damien's voice] "It's Charminder!" [the other actors laugh]
    Michael Haigney: "Right...it was early. Right, a-a-a-a-and Maddie was in it that episode I think. So...then like we got a script..."OK...now Ash, Ch-...and here's Charmander again. And I thought "Oh maybe Charmander's in a two-parter." And then it was Charmander for..."
    Veronica Taylor (?): "A long time."
    Michael Haigney: "...like...seventy-seven episodes, it seems like. And that started happening...and so...y'know we never really knew when a...when a...when a Pokémon was gonna be in a lot of episodes..."

In the First Pokemon movie, on the screen Team Rocket refer to Scyther as 'Alakazam'
    Every story has an ending. Nothing lasts forever. Not any more.
    Read My Epic Fanfic -

Spoiler:- Thanks to DeadlyBraviary!:

Granted, though, Team Rocket had been roaming through the castle and wouldn't have seen any of the other trainers' pokemon, and the images were changing every five seconds, so a mistake or two is understandable.
    My Shinies: NEW!! 08/21 NEW!! 8/22
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: Black1 White1 Diamond Pearl quad hunt; playing X
    On hold: (till 3rd gen remakes)
    To reclaim:

Pierce being introduced -__-

I mean, when you have created a character important to the plot, actually USE IT.

When Ash first meets Morrison Brock says there is a month to go before the Pokémon League, but at the end it says there's only 2 weeks to go, I doubt a single Pokémon episode spans 2 weeks!
    <-------Favourite Legendary!
    <-------Favourite Non-legendary!
    <-------Favourite Not-fully-evolved!

a lot of the time when ash remembers receiving pikachu he is shown getting it in his regular clothes. actually he was in his pyjamas. this has happened several times, including in the 4th movie.
    The Doctor: 'People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually*
    from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff.'
    In other words: Time is Complicated.
    Credit to epicjirachifan, Chapter of Charizard FairyWitch and Astaral Shadow of the Under

Pikachu beating Brock's Geodude and Onix with an electric attack...

Quote Originally Posted by kash0661 View Post
    Pikachu beating Brock's Geodude and Onix with an electric attack...
    My favorite is pikachu beating Roxanne's Geodude with Thunderbolt. Brock's Onix was doused in water the only reason it worked. (apparently)

In DP 145 A rivalry to Gible on they didn't dub over trapinch's voice so the jap voice still sounded.

My 3DS Friend Code is: 4141-3174-0404

Friend Safari is Dragons (Noibat, Sliggoo,Fraxure)

Devoted Pearlshipper and as such I have released Chapter 4 of my new fic :
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9948785...-of-the-tunnel

In Mewtwo Returns , Meowth's clone says "Nya" instaed of "Meow."
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this into your sig if you are too.†

Quote Originally Posted by Scaldaver View Post
    In the First Pokemon movie, on the screen Team Rocket refer to Scyther as 'Alakazam'
    In the same movie, Sandslash was referred to as Sandshrew.

Credit to cloneydew2000 for the sprites.

Quote Originally Posted by Hikatoshi26 View Post
    My favorite is pikachu beating Roxanne's Geodude with Thunderbolt. Brock's Onix was doused in water the only reason it worked. (apparently)

In DP 145 A rivalry to Gible on they didn't dub over trapinch's voice so the jap voice still sounded.
    Pikachu beat Geodude with a close range THUNDER attack. They gave a reason, it was so powerful that Geodude couldn't handle it and got hurt. Think of it this way, a ThunderPunch from a Machamp should have an effect on a Diglett if it was real life. That's what the anime tries to do, represent the Pokémon world in a cartoony way

On topic: Anime mistakes? The Best Wishes series

Platinum FC: 2924 5508 7388

HeartGold FC: 5372 2982 5997

White 1 FC: 3396 3135 0386

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast