Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: anime mistakes

I'm surprised no one else has pointed out the error in the Charizard flashback episode a few weeks ago. Back when it was showing Ash being trapped in that ice cave, it showed Pigeot, not Pigeotto, which is huge, b/c I mean....Pigeot is freaking huge, at least Ash's was when it evolved, but in that flashback when Pigeotto got switched, it was so much smaller. I went 0_o "How did that get by the team?"
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Credit goes to FairyWitch at Flower Paradise Graphics

Fanfic Status: Currently postponed-- Kingdom Hearts: Memories' Reflection. Last updated 8/17/13

Quote Originally Posted by Cometstarlight View Post
    I'm surprised no one else has pointed out the error in the Charizard flashback episode a few weeks ago. Back when it was showing Ash being trapped in that ice cave, it showed Pigeot, not Pigeotto, which is huge, b/c I mean....Pigeot is freaking huge, at least Ash's was when it evolved, but in that flashback when Pigeotto got switched, it was so much smaller. I went 0_o "How did that get by the team?"
    I didnt believe you so i rewatched the ep on my computer and my God! it was a mini pigeot that's hilarious!

My 3DS Friend Code is: 4141-3174-0404

Friend Safari is Dragons (Noibat, Sliggoo,Fraxure)

Devoted Pearlshipper and as such I have released Chapter 4 of my new fic :
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9948785...-of-the-tunnel

Quote Originally Posted by Cometstarlight View Post
    That's because that is considered spoilers

Platinum FC: 2924 5508 7388

HeartGold FC: 5372 2982 5997

White 1 FC: 3396 3135 0386

Brock's Happiny being ridiculously strong, seriously it was OP, it looked like they traded the hp stat with attack.
    So much to do yet no desire to do anything...

<------------------------ Lucky

At the epsiodes that baby lugia and lugia were catched brock's crobat was blue?
    Was this a mistake or sumthing like that?

At the moment number 10 in double battles of the Netherlands.

Quote Originally Posted by pacman000 View Post
    In Mewtwo Returns , Meowth's clone says "Nya" instaed of "Meow."
    Actually, Meowth in Japanese is Nyarth. There's a lot of untranslated Pokemon cries in the Anime. Count them to win a NOTHING!
    I AM ERROR!
    Check out my YouTube channel! http://m.youtube.com/#/user/NinjaOfT...injaOfTheSkies
    My Pokemon/Futurama fanfic: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9186329/...anto-Adventure

Quote Originally Posted by CrackedPeppers View Post
    When Ash first meets Morrison Brock says there is a month to go before the Pokémon League, but at the end it says there's only 2 weeks to go, I doubt a single Pokémon episode spans 2 weeks!
    "Tru Blue Swablu" is the longest span for a pokemon episode, I believe. The events lasted long enough for Team Rocket to build a treehouse while they waited to strike.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) NEW!! 10/11 NEW!! 10/14
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: (Black2, White2); playing X
    On hold: (till 3rd gen remakes)
    To reclaim:

When Tyson's metagross used hyperbeam Brock called it solarbeam. Also when Ash's Staraptor was using close combat on Paul's Honchcrow, Brock said it's super effective since it's a dark type. It's also flying so that's wrong.
    Ash's team right now

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

If you deny any sort of existence of Iris's hair, put this into your sig (started by 5ilVer)

Harley's Ariados used Shadow Ball in New Plot, Odd Lot!
    Damos's Baltoy and Claydol used Shock Wave in Arceus and the Jewel Of Life.
    Kricketune used Bullet Seed in Zoroark: Master of Illusions.
    Swanna used Blizzard in Crisis at Ferroseed Research!

Bulbasaur used Whirlwind in The Ninja Poke-Showdown.
    Snorlax used Harden in Wheel Of Frontier.
    Espeon used Zap Cannon in Second Time's the Charm.

I have officially claimed Mew (Pokemon), Poo (EarthBound) and EarthBound itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Blany View Post
    Snorlax used Harden in Wheel Of Frontier..
    Have you ever read the Manga? Red's Snorlax used it too. Maybe all the Pokemon (except Bulbasaur) you mentioned are special members of their species? Bulbasaur' s Whirlwind was a mistranslation. Hmph. Hmph hmph.
    I AM ERROR!
    Check out my YouTube channel! http://m.youtube.com/#/user/NinjaOfT...injaOfTheSkies
    My Pokemon/Futurama fanfic: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9186329/...anto-Adventure

Actually, Snorlax could learn Harden via level up in Gen 1, Espeon could learn Zap Cannon via TM in gen 2,
    Minncinno used Substitute!Minncinno used Thunderbolt!

Serebii.net, come for the Pokemon news, stay for the forums.

Spoiler:- Credits::

- please excuse my shoddy syntax for some reason I don't know.

BW 116 had very minor errors. Who cares about Oak' s freaking EYES?
    I AM ERROR!

Oh yeah, and let's not forget young Sammy in the 4th movie had blue eyes while Professor Oak has brown eyes.
    To reclaim:

In Episode 144 Togepi's mouth would sometimes move while Misty was talking.

Made by Sworn Metalhead at Dćdric Design

Quote Originally Posted by ThePurpleOne View Post
    BW 116 had very minor errors. Who cares about Oak' s freaking EYES?
    Indeed. I wish there was a like button for this post. As if Oak's "charming" eyes are the most important thing in the entire anime. XD
    [IMG]http://oi44.*******.com/2r2chw2.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by ThePurpleOne View Post
    In a couple episodes, Officer Jenny addresses Growlithe as Arcanine. Stupid...
    I think I watched this too.

Quote Originally Posted by Blany View Post
    Snorlax used Harden in Wheel Of Frontier.
    Espeon used Zap Cannon in Second Time's the Charm.
    I think I read somewhere that Snorlax using Harden was a mistranslation of Protect, although the attack certainly did look like Harden.
    Espeon could learn Zap Cannon in Generation 2. In all honesty, I don't think that those kinds of limits affect the anime, look at Virgil and his Vaporeon, which used BubbleBeam. (Hey, there's a question. Vaporeon is the Bubble Jet Pokemon, and yet can neither learn Bubble nor BubbleBeam...why?) And Ash's Charizard did not learn Dragonbreath until the Battle Frontier series, even though it has not been able to learn the move since generation 2.

Also
    Quote Originally Posted by Zappo09 View Post
    Ok so in the Pokemon Diamond and Pearl series, Dawn is gonna battle a trainer with her Mamoswine. In this scene, there were 2 Pikachus in the scene, so I'll show you the picture.

http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/e/eb/DP158_error.png

Do you see the difference in here?
    I think another thing to look at in this picture is the fact that the feet of Piplup and the Pikachu on the ground are sunk into the sidewalk, as are the Ash's feet and most of Brock's.

Anyway, I've got to add in here Ash's Tranquill using Wing Attack. I believe that it was the first true move error in the BW series. Then again, I think that giving Ash yet another bird that knows both Aerial Ace and Quick Attack was a huge mistake altogether. Remember how cool Ash's Noctowl seemed when it came back? That's because it used neither of those two moves and we all forgot that such a thing was possible for a bird in the anime!

Also I think that the movie with Giratina and Shaymin had a male Nidoran using Bite, and another way back in the original series used Fury Swipes. Ash's temporary Raticate knew Jump Kick, Jessie's Wobbuffet once used Bide, Parasect have been shown several times to use Sleep Powder, a Munchlax once used Giga Impact, Brock's Crobat once used SonicBoom, a Bellsprout once used Absorb, some Unown were shown to use Psychic, a Piplup was shown using Water Gun.... good grief there are a lot of these, aren't there?
    Friend code: 5257-9947-2315. PM me so I can add you too. Safari contains Phanpy, Marowak and Palpitoad.

Current Y team (champions)

Current X team (6th gym badge won)

^ It would have made a little more sense if Wobbuffet had been trying to use maybe destiny bond, but I like Jessie's pun on "bide" when she yells at him. LOL
    To reclaim:

Oshawott using shell blade
    [Yo]

How is using Shell Blade a mistake? That thing he holds could be used as a shell.
    [IMG]http://oi44.*******.com/2r2chw2.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by CliveKoopa View Post
    How is using Shell Blade a mistake? That thing he holds could be used as a shell.
    Its a mistake because that is its Japanese name. In English it should be Razor Shell. This mistake was made when Ash and Oshawott battled Bianca's father and his Darmanitan.
    Friend code: 5257-9947-2315. PM me so I can add you too. Safari contains Phanpy, Marowak and Palpitoad.

Current Y team (champions)

Current X team (6th gym badge won)

ok this one drove me nuts. In the episode "for ho-oh the bells toll"
    Brock said that reflect didnt block vine whip cuz it was a special attack......
    WHAT?!?!
    1 vine whip isnt a special attack
    2 reflect blocks special attacks, not physical ones so...... that wouldnt have mattered anyways
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

- Brock appeared to forget that his Vulpix never actually evolved, saying that he once had his very own Ninetales in "Just Waiting On A Friend"..
    - In "Buizel Your Way Outta This", Zoey momentarily lost her arm..
    - There were baby Nidoqueen's in Mewtwo Returns.
    - Officer Jenny suddenly became Ash while running in DP096.
    - In "Illusion Confusion", Brock momentarily has eleven fingers..
    - During the Pokerap, Poliwag is labelled as Poliwrath.
    Last edited by ShinyCharyZard; 29th May 2013 at 12:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ansem the wise View Post
    ok this one drove me nuts. In the episode "for ho-oh the bells toll"
    Brock said that reflect didnt block vine whip cuz it was a special attack......
    WHAT?!?!
    1 vine whip isnt a special attack
    2 reflect blocks special attacks, not physical ones so...... that wouldnt have mattered anyways
    It's actually Light Screen that weakens special attacks, not Reflect. So yeah that statement from Brock is indeed a mistake.

I'm really surprised of all the move errors shown in the anime so far, such as Pokemon using moves they can't learn in the games or a move being called out by its Japanese name, like the "Shell Blade" example mentioned above. I recall seeing such an error, in the episode "A Tail With A Twist" when James mentioned Jessie using "Megaton Kick" when its actually the Japanese name for Mega Kick.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast