Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: worst games ever

Default worst games ever

post all your hated games here and why

epic0cow on skype and xbox live. thanks to brukata for the sig.
    SPECIALTY:WATER AND ELETRIC TYPES

Black Ops II. It's broken what else is there to say? Most broken CoD game ever. There's everything wrong with this game.
    My Soundcloud

My ReverbNation

Music & Musicians Alliance Club

This thread was a smashing success last time.

Quote Originally Posted by epic0cow View Post
    post all your hated games here and why
    Okay I'm going to post a Quentin Tarantino quote that I saw on Destructoid for a second, just swap out "movies" with "games".

Never hate a movie. Never, under any circumstances, hate a movie. It won't help you and it's a waste of time. There's plenty of reasons to not to like a movie. But if you hate them? Meaning if let them bother you? Then they'll do nothing but bother you. Who wants to be bothered? There's so many better things to do with movies... Bad things can be so much more interesting than just bad. You can learn so much about the craft from bad movies. Bad movies teach you what not to do and what to correct in your process and that's way more helpful. Hating movies closes you off to stuff that seems like whatever you hate. Or stuff by the same guy. And who knows? That other stuff could be awesome. Some of my favorite filmmakers made bad movies. It won't help you. It just won't. It stops your development right in its tracks, okay? I mean like everything and I ain't trying to get you to be like ****ing me or anything. I'm just saying I think it's better for you. And it makes me way, way happier. Never hate a movie. They're gifts. Every ****ing one of em.
    About a month ago I read this and another few articles about how hating things like movies or games or music or bands is such a waste of time and effort. I couldn't help but agree. Like, it's still fine to think a game is badly made, or that x part of y game was sucky, but if you all-out hate a game, and let that hate define it for you, you're just bothering yourself.

Maybe a good idea would be to post why you think a game is bad and what that taught you. Like how this game taught me to not resolve the final battle with a quicktime event, or how this game taught me not to put a loading screen 6 seconds after the last one, or how this game taught me where not to put long pieces of dialogue/cutscenes or how this game taught me how to not do a tutorial.

Pokemon Dash, while not a bad game, taught me to NOT have a mechanic that makes the player constantly swipe the screen to move. It can seriously mess up your DS if you play too much or too rough.

Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Champion#06 View Post
    This thread was a smashing success last time.
    What fun we had: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...yed&highlight=

Final Fantasy XIII is my choice.

This could have been worded so much better. "Worst Game Ever" is synonymous with "Insert Flame War Here."

Anyway, my choice is SimCity for having the worst launch of all time. Its only redeeming factor is that it took down EA's CEO.
    Last edited by ForeverFlame; 29th March 2013 at 7:39 PM.

Do you mean the worst game I've played or the worst game I've seen?

Well, the worst game I've played was Smarty Pants for the Wii. All you do is just answer some questions. And that's it. It was also a launch title for the Wii... Yeah...

I don't want to say the worst game I've seen...
    Last edited by SpeedDeoxys; 28th March 2013 at 11:00 PM. Reason: Added an "a".
    Black 2 Friend Code: 4900-4933-8066

I can trade:

Lickie by PopPrincess_Lyra

I remember buying a game called The World Ends With You. Now I know about a thousand people who SWEAR by this game, but to tell you the truth, I hated it. The gameplay was confusing and obnoxious, the characters were unlikeable, and I felt the game tried too hard to be cool and fun. And I've said this elsewhere, and it's legions of TWEWY fans telling me to either give it another chance or to go to ****(But rarely both). But no matter how many times I play it, I just can't get into it, or even stand playing the game.

...But even then, The World Ends With You is STILL a god compared to Earthbound. Once again, people swear by this game, and every time I say I don't like it, it's legions of fans telling me to either give it another try or die(But again, rarely both). Once again, every time I play it, I cannot put up with the game. The setting is completely dumb, the sound quality is wretched, the humor is about as funny as Peter Griffin passing gas in my face for 3 hours, the graphics were putrid(And I swear, every time I say this, legions tell me "Oh, but they were good for their time." ...No, not even for their time.) and to top it all off, the gameplay was so shallow and boring that it makes me wonder why the game is so popular.

...Have you played Call of Duty before, Unova? It's quite a good game, and IGN like it too as they give it good ratings, so it must be really good. You can unlock so many different thigns in it and it has quite a lot of an RPG element to it for a shooter, and the campaign is tense as! A lot of people in OVGD will defend Minesweeper to the death, saying that it was the true innovation, but I'm one of the people on the call of Duty side of things.

Sonic 06.
    Last.fm | Steam ID
    Nostalgia

I love Call of Duty™, Rezzo! The campaign is incredible, and provides many more hours of entertainment than inferior ripoffs like Bio Shock and Deus Ex and the Human Revolution. I'm glad that Infinity Ward is pushing the world of gaming forward with new innovative games and the inferior hacks like Minesweeper are being left behind. After all, if Minesweeper was so good, why isn't there a Minesweeper 2?

Quote Originally Posted by Un0va View Post
    I love Call of Duty™, Rezzo! The campaign is incredible, and provides many more hours of entertainment than inferior ripoffs like Bio Shock and Deus Ex and the Human Revolution. I'm glad that Infinity Ward is pushing the world of gaming forward with new innovative games and the inferior hacks like Minesweeper are being left behind. After all, if Minesweeper was so good, why isn't there a Minesweeper 2?
    Okay. Someone's clearly trolling.

This is a troll, right? There's no way this guy can be serious.

3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

Do you mean worse game or do you mean games we hate. Those two phrases can mean different things. I don't hate games because they are "bad" I hate them for being dissapointments.

Possibly the best example is Turtles in Time Reshelled. The original game was pretty fun, but the new game engine made everything feel all wonky. It's not really a bad game, but they somehow managed to make it worse than the original.

Watch me tumble stuff:
    http://catharsiscat.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverFlame View Post
    Anyway, my choice is SimCity for having the worst launch of all time. It's only redeeming factor is that it took down EA's CEO.
    As bad as the SimCity launch was, the "resignation" of John Spaghettio would've happened anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ExplainTheJoke

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...of-Duty-Ripoff

Any super hero game published by Activison.

Wario: Master of disguise

Never liked it, the stylus feature was just tedious to play. Wish they continue the Wario Land series.

Quote Originally Posted by Zazie View Post
    Do you mean worse game or do you mean games we hate. Those two phrases can mean different things. I don't hate games because they are "bad" I hate them for being dissapointments.

Possibly the best example is Turtles in Time Reshelled. The original game was pretty fun, but the new game engine made everything feel all wonky. It's not really a bad game, but they somehow managed to make it worse than the original.
    it can be either worst game you have played or worst game you have seen.
    this thread is more sucesfull than I thought becuase I am a fairly new player but not new to pokemon

The War Z. What a scam that was.
    Gift for Kanix
    Made by RJ FIGHTER

Quote Originally Posted by Kanix View Post
    The War Z. What a scam that was.
    Its so bad I never heard of it...

Big Rigs Over The Road Racing.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122
    Dark Pit isn't that bad of an inclusion, you'll get over it trust me.

Even though there's only 20 posts, this thread has a disturbing lack of Superman 64.
    My Anime List

Spoiler:- My Claims:

Quote Originally Posted by Jolteon91 View Post
    Even though there's only 20 posts, this thread has a disturbing lack of Superman 64.
    Well I did say Big Rigs, which "technically" is a more inferior game.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122
    Dark Pit isn't that bad of an inclusion, you'll get over it trust me.

Spider-Man Web of Shadows. I could not defeat Vulture the first time

Guild Wars 2. Wrote an entire article about it, just because the game disappointed me so much:

Spoiler:- tl;dr:

Signature by myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Jolteon91 View Post
    Maybe because no one here has played it. Do we really need people beating on dead horses, particularly ones they haven't likely experienced?

Watch me tumble stuff:
    http://catharsiscat.tumblr.com/

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast