Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 160

Thread: worst games ever

  1. #26
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    corn country
    Posts
    3,918

    Default

    Among games I've played... I would actually have to give that to the cliche'd answer of Superman 64. However, there are definitely worse games out there. Speaking of:

    Quote Originally Posted by Jolteon91 View Post
    Even though there's only 20 posts, this thread has a disturbing lack of Superman 64.
    Ever seen Limbo of the Lost?
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

    The usual links

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Surrounded by 10,000 lakes
    Posts
    1,246

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zazie View Post
    Maybe because no one here has played it. Do we really need people beating on dead horses, particularly ones they haven't likely experienced?
    I've played it, and while playing it I never knew exactly what I was supposed to do next. It took me forever to beat those tornadoes and then I couldn't find the bombs you were supposed to diffuse. As a matter of fact its so horrible it doesn't surprise me people don't remember it, I didn't. I still have it, is it worth something? Surely the worst game ever made besides that ET game has to be worh something.
    Last edited by Zorocario; 31st March 2013 at 10:28 AM.

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jolteon91 View Post
    Even though there's only 20 posts, this thread has a disturbing lack of Superman 64.
    This thread is pretty succsesfull and i have been a member for a bit more than a week!!!

    epic0cow on skype and xbox live. thanks to brukata for the sig.
    SPECIALTY:WATER AND ELETRIC TYPES

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Twinleaf Town
    Posts
    706

    Default

    Black ops is the worst game I ever played. Due to the fact that it has a frustrating mulitplayer with horrible weapons and a horrible kill streak system imo (almost every 5 rounds I play I get frustrated because I get killed every 4 seconds).The story sucks imo as well because I have no clue what's going on! The DLC for multiplayer (excluding zombies) kinda sucks to imo. The only good part was the zombies imo.

    Black ops 2- Same as black ops.
    Last edited by Shayminslicker; 31st March 2013 at 3:22 PM.
    Shiny Count: 50

    Thanks Eeveelover824 for the animated banner!

    Thanks Fairywitch for the button!

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Exile
    Posts
    1,108

    Default

    I have played tons of bad games, but bad games are not worth hating. They're forgettable. For example Elemental: War of Magic was literally unplayable upon release, and one of the ugliest and most broken games I've ever played. Is it worth hating? Absolutely not.

    The only game I actively dislike is Dragon Age 2, which is not a bad game per se. I dislike it because it was the sequel of what was in my opinion one of the best games of its generation, and it was a huge disappointment. It also marked the start of Bioware going to ****, which is quite sad.

    Also RJ Fighter, have you played The Secret World?
    Last edited by Fenix; 31st March 2013 at 4:23 PM.

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    corn country
    Posts
    3,918

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenix View Post
    I have played tons of bad games, but bad games are not worth hating. They're forgettable.
    Not all of them are forgettable. Some of them are so bad as to be memorable in their own right.

    Mostly, though, it would be something like e.g. Limbo of the Lost.
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

    The usual links

  7. #32

    Default

    E.T. the game.

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    1,338

    Default

    Pretty much any game based on the Olympics.

    Credits to Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner!

  9. #34

    Default

    Bad Rats.

    I still remember someone giving me a copy of that game.

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Wherever you want it baby
    Posts
    277

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheBattleFrontierAsh1 View Post
    Big Rigs Over The Road Racing.
    Can that even be counted as a game? It barely works at all, if it does, its following the loosest definition of the word "works". For Me, the worst game I have actually played is Sonic Genesis for the GBA. You might be saying, how can a port of a good game be terrible. Let's see, combine whacked out physics, terrribly remixed music, ungodly amounts of slowdown, and screen crunch that makes the Megaman and Bass look like they're on HD tvs. I actually got a headache from playing it for less than 5 minutes.
    My FC is 1506 8504 1063

    Pokemon Black team: The sixth spot is for whatever I feel like using at the time.


    Looking for:

    Pm me If you have any of these and I'll see if we can work something out.

    My favorite Pokemon:

    Shinies:


    A man once told me I can't have my cake and eat it too. I then proceeded to eat not only my cake but his as well.

    What if the stickers are the only things made in China?

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    United Kingdom & Ireland
    Posts
    1,619

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hankka View Post
    Pretty much any game based on the Olympics.
    This is true. I remember playing the Beijing 2008 Olymipcs game on the PS3, it's such a stupid and pointless game in so many ways.
    Last.fm | Steam ID
    (come and play Team Fortress 2 with me!)

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Far from human
    Posts
    1,507

    Default

    Far Cry 2 was pretty bad.

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    330

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WildHennaCharizard View Post
    E.T. the game.
    I assume you mean E. T. the Extra-Terresterial for the Atari 2600, not E.T. Phone Home for the Atari computers.
    2600 Version
    Computer Version
    The computer game is supposed to be decent. I've played the 2600 game. It's frustrating, but it's not that bad. Swordquest: Earthworld is worse. At least E.T. is a game.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this into your sig if you are too.†

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Letchworth Garden City, UK
    Posts
    177

    Default

    Plumbers Don't Wear Ties. It's just horrific.
    HeartGold FC: 3998 5135 4552

    Click HERE to be taken to my Gen IV Trade Shop! You get better deals if you're a member of Age Of Shoguns!

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    In your pocket...
    Posts
    295

    Default

    Imo Pokemon black/White 2 is the worst game I have ever played >.> <.<

    PO/PS Username: LilPrinnyDood


    Credit goes to Shadow for the banner


  16. #41
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Celadon City, Den of Vice
    Posts
    2,254

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MasterKojondo View Post
    Imo Pokemon black/White 2 is the worst game I have ever played >.> <.<
    How come? (I have yet to finish the game myself, so I am only asking out of curiousity)


    Anyway to contribute more to the thread, I am not exactly fond of King of Fighters 12 either. While base of the game is fine, I have never played anything as blatantly incomplete. Lack of added features is a negative but not a total killer. But when you are even lacking the basics such as complete move-lists for characters and a halfway decent arcade mode, there really isn't much fun to be had. Parts of the issue is that the developers seemed to run out of money during the project, but even then it probably could have been better if they allocated resources differently.
    Last edited by Zazie; 4th April 2013 at 10:52 PM.

    Watch me tumble stuff:
    http://catharsiscat.tumblr.com/


  17. #42
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    pOtato
    Posts
    397

    Default

    No luca no. It was terrible. And quite un objetive and stupid. Biggest waste of my time.

    Quote Originally Posted by /b/ board
    What does Cheese Pizza mean?

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    In your pocket...
    Posts
    295

    Default

    tbh i was just joking, I haven't finished it yet myself either. But in all seriousness I think Earthbound is the game I enjoyed the least. Story was decent I guess but imo virtually everything else about it sucked.

    PO/PS Username: LilPrinnyDood


    Credit goes to Shadow for the banner


  19. #44
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,993

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zazie View Post
    How come? (I have yet to finish the game myself, so I am only asking out of curiousity)


    Anyway to contribute more to the thread, I am not exactly fond of King of Fighters 12 either. While base of the game is fine, I have never played anything as blatantly incomplete. Lack of added features is a negative but not a total killer. But when you are even lacking the basics such as complete move-lists for characters and a halfway decent arcade mode, there really isn't much fun to be had. Parts of the issue is that the developers seemed to run out of money during the project, but even then it probably could have been better if they allocated resources differently.
    *Sigh* I remember buying that game at a game store, choosing it over another fighting game, Battle Fantasia. You can bet that I wish I chose Battle Fantasia instead. KOF 12 was just so... lackluster. (The shop didn't have KOF 13, or else I would have gotten that.)

    Quote Originally Posted by MasterKojondo View Post
    tbh i was just joking, I haven't finished it yet myself either. But in all seriousness I think Earthbound is the game I enjoyed the least. Story was decent I guess but imo virtually everything else about it sucked.
    I agree. I kind of feel sad whenever I see the game praised.


    I must say, I am 110% against this action, I mean, quoting Wikipedia, '' A world of free knowledge will be lost ''. I say screw SOPA and PIPA, and all who agrees with me, sig this! We all detest the bill and will fight for the freedom of the Internet!

    This is Bidoof. Many people loathe it with their lives. If you are of the few people who love this little beaver, put this in your sig. Started by Warrior Scolipede

  20. #45

    Default

    While I think calling it the worst game ever is an exaggeration for sure, Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World tops my list as the game that I hated more than any other. You know the old saying "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"? Well, I like to say that DotNW took everything that didn't need fixing, and broke it. Terribly flat and one-dimensional new characters, a crappy monster system, the characters from the original couldn't level up, change titles, or change equipment, the world exploration was removed, and worst of all... it completely retconned the story of the original game.

    Hated that game so much, and to this day remains my biggest disappointment.
    Competitive/IGRMT Mod and one of the writers for the PotW.

    I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    United Kingdom & Ireland
    Posts
    1,619

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MasterKojondo View Post
    tbh i was just joking, I haven't finished it yet myself either. But in all seriousness I think Earthbound is the game I enjoyed the least. Story was decent I guess but imo virtually everything else about it sucked.
    There's not that much wrong with Earthbound, is there? It has a good (plagiarized) soundtrack, a decent sense of humour (even if the translations were a bit dodgy at times), and the gameplay was hard but balanced to say the least.
    Last.fm | Steam ID
    (come and play Team Fortress 2 with me!)

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    In your pocket...
    Posts
    295

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KillerDraco View Post
    While I think calling it the worst game ever is an exaggeration for sure, Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World tops my list as the game that I hated more than any other. You know the old saying "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"? Well, I like to say that DotNW took everything that didn't need fixing, and broke it. Terribly flat and one-dimensional new characters, a crappy monster system, the characters from the original couldn't level up, change titles, or change equipment, the world exploration was removed, and worst of all... it completely retconned the story of the original game.

    Hated that game so much, and to this day remains my biggest disappointment.
    lol then never play the tales of worlds games, at least tos2 had a decent story.

    @Bidoof guy: I think earthbound wins the most overhyped sucky game ever award. I mean sure Oot and FF7 got just as much hype but at least they deserved it to a degree.
    Last edited by LilPrinnyDood; 5th April 2013 at 12:39 AM.

    PO/PS Username: LilPrinnyDood


    Credit goes to Shadow for the banner


  23. #48
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Newton
    Posts
    3,580

    Default

    Assassin's Creed 3! Story horrible Main character was horrible and the combat was just broken plus guards attack you for just walking around! I was hoping Haythem would actually end up killing Connor.

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    corn country
    Posts
    3,918

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rezzo View Post
    There's not that much wrong with Earthbound, is there? It has a good (plagiarized) soundtrack, a decent sense of humour (even if the translations were a bit dodgy at times), and the gameplay was hard but balanced to say the least.
    EarthBound was never all that hard, honestly, but it's also a JRPG from the 90s.

    It does have that fairly unique "rolling HP" thing.

    Quote Originally Posted by MasterKojondo View Post
    I mean sure Oot and FF7 got just as much hype but at least they deserved it to a degree.
    I disagree.
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

    The usual links

  25. #50
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    In your pocket...
    Posts
    295

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phlogiston View Post

    I disagree.
    Disagree with what exactly? regardless of how good or bad oot and/or ff7 was they still had a lasting impact on both franchises. And since when are jrpgs in the 90s not well known? The 90s were when jrpgs were in thier prime.

    edit: I suppose its worth noting the "lasting impact earthbound had". It cuz a nintendo a whole bunch of lawsuits.
    Last edited by LilPrinnyDood; 5th April 2013 at 12:57 AM.

    PO/PS Username: LilPrinnyDood


    Credit goes to Shadow for the banner


Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •