Thread: Casual Team Please Rate!

Default Casual Team Please Rate!

I want to make sure people understand I made this team quickly and I am far from pokemon expert. If you would like to reccomend more detailed things such as items and EVs I would be glad.

Weavile,

Arcanine,

Magnezone,

Starmie,

Tangrowth,

Sigilyph.

Thanks

Also say any modifacations to the pokemon aswell to make it into a better fairing WIFI team

It may be casual, but we still need to know your pokemon's movesets before we can rate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Arceus493
    Hamburgers in 3D and Pika Nipples?
    aka Aurawarrior8

Well i'm planning a team like this so I was hoping people could suggest some possible move sets

'casual team' makes me think of casual sex haha

you should give thunderbolt or charge beam to magnezone and replace sigilyph with hariyama

dont minimod aurath8

seriously though im too lazy to give moves for the whole team it would help if you told me their current movesets

At the moment I have just some random pokemon but I will look up moves each can set and say.

Weavile, (Ice Punch, Night Slash, Brick Break, Aerial Ace.)

Arcanine, (Flare Blitz, Solar Beam, Morning Sun, Sunny Day)

Magnezone, (Thunderbolt, Flash Cannon, Volt Switch, Hidden Power (Fire))

Starmie, (Rapid Spin, Thunderbolt, Boil Over, Psycho Shock)

Tangrowth, (Power Whip, Earthquake Sleep Powder, Knock Off)

Sigilyph. (Psychic, Ice Beam, Psycho Shock, Energy Ball)

I don't know if those movesets are good but they can start. Also, i'm still looking for EVs to put on them and Items to give them!

Still incorrect format but whatever:

Quote Originally Posted by UniqueOli View Post
    Starmie, (Rapid Spin, Thunderbolt, Boil Over, Psycho Shock)
    Ice Beam over Rapid Spin. Entry hazards are rarely used by in-game opponents anyway. I prefer Surf to Scald(Boil Over) because Starmie is an offensive pokemon and generally doesn't mind if the opponent is burned or not.

Tangrowth, (Power Whip, Earthquake Sleep Powder, Knock Off)
    Rock Slide > Knock Off. Rock is supereffective against all of Tangrowth's weaknesses bar Poison, which is handled by Earthquake anyway.

Sigilyph. (Psychic, Ice Beam, Psycho Shock, Energy Ball)
    Air Slash > Psychic/Psyshock. You don't need both of them, that's for sure.

I'm reluctant to let Arcanine to use Sunny Day, as it hurts Starmie somewhat, but since it has an alternate STAB in Psyshock I think it could work. Just make sure Tangrowth has Chlorophyll to remedy his speed.

dont minimod aurath8
    The problem with calling someone out on minimodding is that by doing so, you're minimodding yourself. And I'm minimodding right now, for calling you out on minimodding my minimodding.
    Gosh I love exposing that flaw.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Arceus493
    Hamburgers in 3D and Pika Nipples?
    aka Aurawarrior8

Thanks for the advice it really helped. And also do you think that build works well and also could it be used in WIFI

Anyone else got some other advice? More specific stuff such as EVs and Items to hold? And/or any changes I should make to the pokemon to make it suitable for WIFI battles

I think Weavile is fine as is, but since Aerial Ace is its weakest power move, you may want to give it a Sharp Beak or a chople berry to help against fighting types. Arcanine should probably have a Sitrus Berry if you want to keep Flare Blitz, but I think you may want to teach dig or iron tail, and if you care to breed you can teach close combat as an egg move. I think Magnezone's good, but I would find another move for volt switch, maybe one to counter ground types if possible, or you could just give it a berry for that. Starmie, (if it were mine) I would teach psychic, surf, thunderbolt, shadow ball/ice beam (although Weavile takes care of ice type moves) and give it a spell tag to help shadow ball or a berry to cover its weaknesses. Tangrowth I would use rock slide too and keep power whip and earthquake, but you may want to check move tutors and TMs to find a good last move, as for the item I would give an item to maybe increase its weakest attack stat to help with its last move. Sigilyph I would have psychic, fly(to get you places), energy ball, shadow ball/ice beam; both shadow ball and ice beam are known by other pokemon, but they are good moves and can help it against other psychic types and flying types, and I would have it hold a miracle seed.

To add onto the above rates, give Sigilyph Heat Wave > Energy Ball so you don't get completely walled by Steel-types.

As for EVs, natures and items:

Weavile can hold either a Choice Band or Life Orb (or even Expert Belt or Muscle Band) to power up its Attack; each item comes with its own powerboost but each with a drawback (Choice Band locks you into a move, Life Orb deals recoil damage to you, Expert Belt only powers up super-effective hits and Muscle Band doesn't give you a large Attack increase). Either Jolly (+Spe / -SpA) or Adamant (+Atk / -SpA) nature will be fine. A standard 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP EV spread would be fine I would think.

As for Arcanine, Leftovers would be fine for further recovery, or Heat Rock to extend the duration of the Sun. I'd probably run Mild (+SpA / -Def) nature though really any nature which boosts one of Arcanine's offences and doesn't lower the other offence or Speed should be fine. I'm not too sure on the EV spread though (EVing for mixed Pokemon isn't my forte) but something like 190 HP / 108 Atk / 88 SpA / 124 Spe with the Mild nature gives you balanced offences, a good speed stat and gives you a Lefties number in terms of HP.

Magnezone can have Leftovers or Wise Glasses as its item for recovery and boosting its SpA respectively. Modest nature would work best, with an EV spread of 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD since there's no point investing in Magnezone's Speed.

Starmie can run a spread of 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 HP with either Choice Specs, Life Orb, Wise Glasses or Leftovers. Choice Specs gets you great power but locks you into one move, Life Orb gives you a good power increase but also deals recoil damage, Wise Glasses doesn't have any of those sort of drawbacks but it does provide only a 10% increase to your SpA, whereas Leftovers is nice for some healing. Modest or Timid nature both work, one boosting your SpA and the other your Spe.

Tangrowth is slow so there's no point investing in his Speed; just run a spread of 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 Def with Adamant nature. As for your item, Leftovers is always good, or you could go with Muscle Band to boost your Attack.

Finally, Sigilyph can run 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 HP - again there's nothing wrong with standard sets when playing casually - with Timid nature. Wise Glasses would probably be the best item to use to increase your SpA.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Man, could anyone reccomend EVs btw please?
    so as it is;

Weavile, (Ice Punch, Night Slash, Brick Break, Aerial Ace.)

Magnezone, (Thunderbolt, Flash Cannon, Volt Switch, Hidden Power (Fire))

Starmie, (Psychic, Thunderbolt, Boil Over, Psycho Shock)

Tangrowth, (Power Whip, Earthquake Sleep Powder, Rock Slide)

Sigilyph. (Psychic, Ice Beam, Fly, Energy Ball)

Oh thanks I was posting this before I noticed the post above that really helped thanks

Also do you guys think I should change anyone?
    Last edited by UniqueOli; 4th April 2013 at 10:40 AM. Reason: (Didn't notice comment above)

So guys could this team do anything in PVP?

Quote Originally Posted by happyhappy View Post
    'casual team' makes me think of casual *** haha

dont minimod aurath8
    This is a site for Pokemon. Although most people on this site are mature because we know the ins and outs of the game, Pokemon is still geared towards children. As such, it is probably best to censor your language on this site. I'm saying this before a mod might see it and edit it themselves and give you an infraction.

Also, mini-modding simply gives less for these already overworked mods to deal with infractions like this.

Quote Originally Posted by UniqueOli View Post
    So guys could this team do anything in PVP?
    Sadly no. I see 3 SR weak pokemon and no rapid spinner, all offensive movesets (except for... 3 moves and Fly), and only 2 pokemon considered "Overused" or at least at the top of the non-legendary tier. You can of course use this team in online battles, but I cannot guarantee wins. For a good team, I would have to suggest making it a Sun team with Drought Ninetales. Without a real strategy and about 3 or 4 ways to win, your team sadly won't stand a chance against teams organized for PVP
    3DS FC: 3926 5164 7887 Name: Brady

DotA 2 Enthusiast

Please could you link me a place with a good Sun Team with drought Ninetales?

Tangrowth is pretty good with a Tickle/Attract (female)/Giga drain/Bulldoze combo, pretty bulky physically and a decent HP, it makes a good casual annoyer to any teams running an all male set, all I've really got to recommend other than running a 'Bolt/Beam coverage on Sigilyph
    White 2 Friend Code: 1464-6205-4338

I think you should do a water team with drizzle (which I believe Politoed can have) because if you have a Toxicroak with dry skin and/or a Ludicolo with rain dish those would help regain HP and rain powers up water type moves and, (I think) gives electric moves 100% accuracy so I think rain may come in handy.
    The road to become the Pokemon World Champion is a long one, but I aim to get there, one little step at a time.

Now on the Bulbagarden forums! http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/forum.php?referrerid=69106

[IMG]http://i43.*******.com/hx6e69.png[/IMG]

Credit to the wonderfully skilled AWildMew.

^My guild.^ Closed because nobody joined. Oh well, I'll put it back up at some point. If you're interested in joining, VM me, I need the members.