Thread: Rate my In Game Team!

Hybrid View

Default Rate my In Game Team!

Here is my in-game team for Black 2. Keep in mind I'm not worrying about EVs at the moment. I do need help coming up with members #5 and #6.
    Thanks a lot in advance!

Toxicroak
    Jolly/Dry Skin
    ~Sucker Punch
    ~Ice Punch
    ~Swords Dance
    ~Drain Punch

Garchomp
    Jolly/Rough Skin
    ~Earthquake
    ~Fire Fang
    ~Swords Dance
    ~Outrage

Volcarona
    Bold/Flame Body
    ~Fiery Dance
    ~Quiver Dance
    ~Bug Buzz
    ~Roost

Vaporeon
    Modest/ Hydration
    ~Ice Beam
    ~Scald
    ~Rain Dance
    ~Wish/Shadow Ball?

That's it so far. Any suggestions for the other two team members would be appreciated!

Which Pokemon is the heart of you're team? Seems to me you need an electric type and a ghost/psychic/dark or a Pokemon with all those moves. That covers all you're weaknesses and then some.
    Last edited by ShinyUmbreon189; 28th March 2013 at 8:20 PM.
    My Soundcloud

My ReverbNation

Music & Musicians Alliance Club

You might need a grass to even some bits out. They have alot of weaknesses so that is bad. Fire is an option but you have volcarona and he does fine.
    Dark type pokemon are a great pokemon
    I have a zoroark and his great! Bisharp is great too. Maybe gollet could help you. His steel and ghost(I think)
    You might need an electric type pokemon, ampharos and magnazone are great options. Lucario is a great fighting type pokemon so you could use him too.

I think a Zoroark/Toxicroak teamup would benefit you greatly against psychic types. As for the electric Galvantula or Ampharos if you want an electric type, or you could use Castform or Gardevoir if you want just one move.
    The road to become the Pokemon World Champion is a long one, but I aim to get there, one little step at a time.

Now on the Bulbagarden forums! http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/forum.php?referrerid=69106

[IMG]http://i43.*******.com/hx6e69.png[/IMG]

Credit to the wonderfully skilled AWildMew.

^My guild.^ Closed because nobody joined. Oh well, I'll put it back up at some point. If you're interested in joining, VM me, I need the members.

Quote Originally Posted by DGatrz Master View Post
    I think a Zoroark/Toxicroak teamup would benefit you greatly against psychic types. As for the electric Galvantula or Ampharos if you want an electric type, or you could use Castform or Gardevoir if you want just one move.
    Castform should never be suggested on any team unless it's a purposely gimmicky/themed team. It's just bad at everything.
    I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

It was just an example because I know he can learn thunderbolt, and he does have a good movepool if you ask me. Not saying he should get one.
    The road to become the Pokemon World Champion is a long one, but I aim to get there, one little step at a time.

Now on the Bulbagarden forums! http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/forum.php?referrerid=69106

[IMG]http://i43.*******.com/hx6e69.png[/IMG]

Credit to the wonderfully skilled AWildMew.

^My guild.^ Closed because nobody joined. Oh well, I'll put it back up at some point. If you're interested in joining, VM me, I need the members.

i think u need a zekrom. he can protect garchomp from bigger dragons, can take out flying and water types that could defeat volcarona, and it can learn earthquake, to protect volcarona and vaporeon from electrics.
    Thanks to FairyWitch for the profile pic!

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

National Dex Completed 2/13/2014, at 12:12 A.M., with 212:16 Game Time, and thanks to my friends who traded me over 200 times that week

This is what I would do.

Absol and Adamant nature is complete boss. Shadow Claw, Night Slash, Zen Headbutt, and Swords Dance. That gives you Ghost, Psychic, and Dark in one Pokemon.

As for electric I'd go for Electrivire.
    My Soundcloud

My ReverbNation

I like the idea for an absol. But id rather my Electric type be a special attacker since a lot of my team is physical...

Jolteon would be necessary but you have Vaporeon unless you have the patience to breed it and all that other than that Ampharos is a good special attacker.
    My Soundcloud

My ReverbNation

if your looking for an electric with good sp.attack, than electivire would help. instead of absol, you could use hydregion. it can use dark moves, and help garchomp.
    Thanks to FairyWitch for the profile pic!

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

National Dex Completed 2/13/2014, at 12:12 A.M., with 212:16 Game Time, and thanks to my friends who traded me over 200 times that week

Quote Originally Posted by mjunior3 View Post
    if your looking for an electric with good sp.attack, than electivire would help. instead of absol, you could use hydregion. it can use dark moves, and help garchomp.
    ...No, that's not right. Electivire's special attack is pretty forgettable at a mere base 95, whereas its attack is its prevailing stat at base 123. Hydreigon would also be a poor choice, given it offers very little defensive synergy, compounding Garchomp's Ice and Dragon weaknesses rather than covering them.

Jolteon, Rotom, Magnezone, Galvantula, and Thundurus tend to be your best bets for special attacking electrics. Thundurus isn't readily available unless you have the original BW or the Dream Radar, though so for all intents and purposes I won't consider him. Galvantula is slightly redundant with Volcarona, so I'll factor him out as well.

Jolteon's good at what it does; it's fast and hits fairly hard with its STAB. Its movepool kinda sucks, so you'll need to rely on Hidden Power for coverage, ice being ideal but, depending on if you're RNGing or not, difficult to obtain.

Rotom is a favorite of mine due to its solid bulk when changing forms, and the forms give you whatever secondary type you want. I typically prefer Rotom-W, though the water typing may be slightly redundant with Vaporeon. You could switch him to Mower form for a grass STAB, although personally I've never been fond of Leaf Storm in game. *Shrugs* Levitate is a perk though, as it gives you a much needed ground immunity.

Magnezone is a classic combination of bulk and power. It's got the most weaknesses of all the options mentioned, but incidentally also the most resistances. It's always a pretty reliable option, though like Jolteon its coverage can be a little lackluster.

Go for one of the three, and decide from there.

Have you considered going Ghost instead of Dark? Gengar adds a much needed ground immunity if you end up with a non-Rotom electric type, along with fighting and normal immunities to boot. Shadow Ball/Focus Miss Blast is pretty flawless neutral coverage, and with its vast movepool, you can supplement it with nigh whatever you want; Thunderbolt, Energy Ball, Hypnosis, etc. If you go with Gengar I'd opt for him over Absol.

Absol may have a lot of physical force but eh... never been fond of him personally, due to all of his non-attack stats being sort of lackluster. If you stick with him though, Shadow Claw and Night Slash on an Absol is a little redundant since Ghost and Dark have similar coverage, only differing against normal and fighting types. Might as well switch Shadow Claw (which it doesn't get STAB on) out for Rock Slide or Stone Edge for more coverage.
    Last edited by KillerDraco; 28th March 2013 at 10:48 PM.
    I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by KillerDraco View Post
    ...No, that's not right. Electivire's special attack is pretty forgettable at a mere base 95, whereas its attack is its prevailing stat at base 123.
    base 95 SAtk isn't exactly forgettable, it is actually decent and perfectly usable.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    base 95 SAtk isn't exactly forgettable, it is actually decent and perfectly usable.
    I use forgettable synonymously with decent but unspectacular, as for me, it's hard to forget a stat that's high, and equally hard to forget something that's terrible. Guess that was merely a miscommunication.

Even so, given the thread maker was asking for an electric type oriented towards Special Attacking, I wouldn't suggest Electivire by any means; sure it has the potential to go mixed, but a fully special set (which is what I interpreted as what the person was asking for) is largely outclassed.
    Last edited by KillerDraco; 6th April 2013 at 3:26 AM.

I agree with draco, a ghost type like Gengar is very useful, but I don't think Magnezone has a wide movepool, but if your looking for something like it, I suggest Metagross. It can learn thunderpunch which solves your electric problem. But if you don't want either of them, I think Zoroark and Scolipede (or a poison type in general) are a very good combo. You can have Scolipede in back and when you send in Zoroark against a psychic type, you can eaisly demolish your opponent (that's how I won the kanto leaders PWT tournament.) If you teach Scolipede steamroller it can make your opponent flinch, which basically gives your opponent extra damage and wastes your opponents turn. And you could teach Scolipede rock slide to counter flying types, and Zoroark could have aerial ace for fighting types.

electrivire is good though for the surprise factor 95 special attack is actually pretty good so i agree with mjunior3 yeah use electrivire

Just use SubBeam Magnezone, solves your problems.
    sohryu is giving me a banner