Thread: Immuniteam!

Post Immuniteam!

Alright, since my last Sandstorm team post, I've been learning a lot about how to build a solid force, and I think I may be on to something here this time, but still need a little help. I call this my Immuniteam, because each type and its weaknesses is covered excellently by another pokemon causing the opponent to use an obvious move and me to counter with a pokemon immune and possibly benefits from it. Thanks again, experienced fighters for helping. Now, then!:

Jolteon (Pizazz) w/ Volt Absorb
    Life Orb and Modest (+SpAtk -Atk)
    252 Spd / 252 Sp Atk / 4 HP
    - Thunderbolt
    - Signal Beam
    - HP Grass / HP Fighting
    - Volt Switch

I picked Jolteon because he only has one weakness and a high enough special, plus being super speedy. His ability Volt Absorb is what really does it for me, because I'd use him to replace my Gyardos when the inevitable electric attack comes forth. Only think I don't like is the common Dugtrio coming to Arena Trap me, hence why I'm considering Life Orb over Specs. Problem being I cannot decide if I want Fighting over Grass to deal with every teams Scizor quickly and efficiently, even if he does try a Bullet Punch, at least I resist it.

Weezing (Bong Rips) w/ Levitate
    Black Sludge and Calm (+SpDef -Atk)
    252 SpAtk / 252 SpDef / 4 Spd
    - Will-O-Wisp
    - Pain Split
    - Flamethrower
    - HP Ice

This is my tank weezing which would take over for Jolteon if imposing Ground moves are coming. I chose him over any other Levitater because he also is only left with one weakness, Psychic. Will-O-Wisp aids my already great defence and the rest is for bulk. HP Ice is for those grounds I am switching into/Dragons and Flamethrower for Steels and general good coverage.

Spiritomb (Galactorb) w/Infiltrator
    Leftovers / Wide Lens and Sassy (+SpDef -Spd)
    252 SpDef / 126 Atk / 126 SpAtk
    - Sucker Punch
    - Hypnosis / Will-O-Wisp
    - Shadow Ball
    - Taunt

My starter and cover for Weezing, being immune to Psychic attacks. No weaknesses is awesome, 3 immunities is even better. I chose Infiltrator over Pressure to deal with Dual Screen Pyschics like that blasted Magic Bounce Espeon and helps my status moves in case of Safeguard (hah). Taunt would be used first to ware off any early Spikes or Stones, then status, etc. Then a switch to a powerful Pokemon so he can support Weezing later. Question: Should I stay with Leftovers or use Wide Lens to up chance of Hypnosis/Will-O-Wisp working since it's important to the set?

Gyarados (MyExWife) w/Moxie
    Lum Berry and Jolly (+Spd -SpAtk)
    252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
    - Waterfall
    - Ice Fang / Dragon Dance
    - Outrage / Dragon Dance
    - Earthquake

Fear her, for she is very powerfull. At this point I needed a solid sweeper so I went with the superstrong Moxie Gyarados. She's perfect after my lead Spiritomb if he's attacked already, dessimating the enemy and gaining an Atk boost. This is why I have Jolteon to suck up any electric attack from a faster Pokemon, retaliating with more speed. Lum Berry for extra excuse to switch in or Outrage support. I just hope he stays alive long enough. Also, move set could be tweaked. Any ideas for better coverage would be great.

Conkeldurr (Big Bully) w/ Guts
    Toxic Orb and Adament (+Atk -SpAtk)
    252 Atk / 160 HP / 96 SpDef
    - Drain Punch
    - Mach Punch
    - Facade
    - Payback

The mighty Conkeldurr. I changed him from Chandelure because I decided to go with Cloyster instead of a Bug/Steel so I did not need Flash Fire and it had too many weaknesses anyway. This Poke is much bulkier and ready to kill things like Terrakion which I need, and I can sub him for Spiritomb if I come across a Psychic I can't handle. And if he's dead, I've at least got Payback to try. This set keeps me safe from status and strong at the same time. I threw Facade in there because I have plenty of good Ice coverage already, and it's stronger and less predictable anyway. We're gonna kick some major butt.

Cloyster (UrMomsBox) w/ Skill Link
    Kings Rock and Jolly (+Spd -SpAtk)
    252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
    - Icicle Spear
    - Rock Blast
    - Shell Smash
    - Rapid Spin

I've always loved oysters and now I have even more reason to. I know I need to be careful of what I switch her in to, but if I can I will set up and shoot 'em down. Rapid Spin is there just because I need it and hopefully I can find a window to use it when I need to, but it's risky for sure, hence why I'm apprehensive, but I'm hoping for some good luck with King's Rock and my two attacks. I'm sure I could move the EVs around for better bulk, but I'm not sure where to start. Help?

Well, that's it! I really think I've got a heck of a team here. With a few tweaks, I hope to be battling strong soon! Thanks again, Serebiians.

Regards,
    O'Jolly
    Last edited by theyareplural; 29th March 2013 at 5:34 PM. Reason: I am the most indecisive. I changed this a million times, I know, but I swear it's staying like this now.

I see good synergy, but synergy doesn't make a good team all on its own, and I can see a lot of chinks in your armor

Jolteon (Pizazz) w/ Volt Absorb
    Life Orb and Modest (+SpAtk -Atk)
    252 Spd / 252 Sp Atk / 4 HP
    - Thunderbolt
    - Signal Beam
    - HP Grass / HP Fighting
    - Volt Switch

I picked Jolteon because he only has one weakness and a high enough special, plus being super speedy. His ability Volt Absorb is what really does it for me, because I'd use him to replace my Gyardos when the inevitable electric attack comes forth. Only think I don't like is the common Dugtrio coming to Arena Trap me, hence why I'm considering Life Orb over Specs. Problem being I cannot decide if I want Fighting over Grass to deal with every teams Scizor quickly and efficiently, even if he does try a Bullet Punch, at least I resist it
    I'm not a huge fan of Jolteon, Thundurus-T does all of its jobs better in my opinion. I'd actually suggest that here, but if you want to keep Jolteon 2 things I see. First, HP Fighting is neutrally effective on Scizor. It won't be dealing with it all that efficiently, you'd be better off using Thunderbolt. If Scizor is a problem, use HP Fire. Second, I see a striking resemblance to the GyaraVire strategy of yesteryear in Gyarados and Jolteon. The thing is, no one bothered using Electric attacks on Gyarados seeing Electivire alongside it. They just predicted the obvious switch-in and took advantage of it. If the only reason you're using this is to take Electric attacks aimed at Gyarados, you may want to replace Jolteon entirely. Again, Thundurus-T would be a good replacement I think.

Weezing (Bong Rips) w/ Levitate
    Black Sludge and Calm (+SpDef -Atk)
    252 SpAtk / 252 SpDef / 4 Spd
    - Will-O-Wisp
    - Pain Split
    - Flamethrower
    - HP Ice

This is my tank weezing which would take over for Jolteon if imposing Ground moves are coming. I chose him over any other Levitater because he also is only left with one weakness, Psychic. Will-O-Wisp aids my already great defence and the rest is for bulk. HP Ice is for those grounds I am switching into/Dragons and Flamethrower for Steels and general good coverage.
    There are far better Special tanks than Weezing. Far, FAR better. 65/70 Base Stats is terrible for a Special tank. It's decent as a physical tank in lower tiers, but OU has better options on both ends. Like Chansey/Blissey, Jellicent, Heatran, Latias, and a lot more. It's not that Weezing is bad, it's that it's bad in OU where so many things do exactly what it does better, and where so many things can take literally anything it can throw at them. Magic Guard abusers are particularly noteworthy. Even fully invested Specially, which yours isn't at all, a lot of OU threats can OHKO it without a whole lot of problems, especially as most of them outspeed you too. With your EVs as you have it, you're looking at way too many OHKOs. The best recommendation I can give is to replace this with something that has good typing and actual Special bulk. One weakness and one immunity is pretty good. But only 4 resistances, and only 2 of them to common types. I'll take BalloonTran's 3 immunities, 2 weaknesses and 10 resistances (plus respectable Special bulk and supporting options) any day. Although I've been using TrapperTran lately, so I trade an immunity for a weakness, but it's still nice and bulky and has 10 resistances.

Spiritomb (Galactorb) w/Infiltrator
    Leftovers / Wide Lens and Sassy (+SpDef -Spd)
    252 SpDef / 126 Atk / 126 SpAtk
    - Sucker Punch
    - Hypnosis / Will-O-Wisp
    - Shadow Ball
    - Taunt

My starter and cover for Weezing, being immune to Psychic attacks. No weaknesses is awesome, 3 immunities is even better. I chose Infiltrator over Pressure to deal with Dual Screen Pyschics like that blasted Magic Bounce Espeon and helps my status moves in case of Safeguard (hah). Taunt would be used first to ware off any early Spikes or Stones, then status, etc. Then a switch to a powerful Pokemon so he can support Weezing later. Question: Should I stay with Leftovers or use Wide Lens to up chance of Hypnosis/Will-O-Wisp working since it's important to the set?
    First off, the EVs here. Only in very, very rare cases (of which Spiritomb is not) is maxing out one defensive stat without touching HP smart. When you want bulk, invest in HP before either defense. Except in very rare circumstances or for things like hitting Stealth Rock, Leftovers, Weather or Life Orb numbers. Second, I have never once seen a situation splitting offensive EVs equally is beneficial. Usually, it just weakens your overall offense. Now that the EVs are done, Spiritomb is also pretty poor in OU. And Spiritomb isn't stopping hazards from anything. Except maybe Ferrothorn. Yeah, it can Taunt Ferrothorn before it sets something. Pressure is also still a much better ability than Infiltrator. Again, your best bet is probably to replace this. I think a Ferrothorn of your own would work well here. 2 weaknesses, 1 immunity, 10 resistances, great bulk, great ability, great supporting movepool, with Atk enough to do respectable damage even without investment. My favorite set:

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
    Trait: Iron Barbs
    Impish Nature (+Def, -SpA)
    EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
    - Power Whip
    - Stealth Rock
    - Thunder Wave
    - Leech Seed

Gyarados (MyExWife) w/Moxie
    Lum Berry and Jolly (+Spd -SpAtk)
    252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
    - Waterfall
    - Ice Fang / Dragon Dance
    - Outrage / Dragon Dance
    - Earthquake

Fear her, for she is very powerfull. At this point I needed a solid sweeper so I went with the superstrong Moxie Gyarados. She's perfect after my lead Spiritomb if he's attacked already, dessimating the enemy and gaining an Atk boost. This is why I have Jolteon to suck up any electric attack from a faster Pokemon, retaliating with more speed. Lum Berry for extra excuse to switch in or Outrage support. I just hope he stays alive long enough. Also, move set could be tweaked. Any ideas for better coverage would be great.
    Not bad. I'd go for a set of Dragon Dance/Waterfall/Earthquake/Ice Fang personally. Note that this takes 25% from Stealth Rocks though, and has problems with Ferrothorn regardless of set.

Conkeldurr (Big Bully) w/ Guts
    Toxic Orb and Adament (+Atk -SpAtk)
    252 Atk / 160 HP / 96 SpDef
    - Drain Punch
    - Mach Punch
    - Facade
    - Payback

The mighty Conkeldurr. I changed him from Chandelure because I decided to go with Cloyster instead of a Bug/Steel so I did not need Flash Fire and it had too many weaknesses anyway. This Poke is much bulkier and ready to kill things like Terrakion which I need, and I can sub him for Spiritomb if I come across a Psychic I can't handle. And if he's dead, I've at least got Payback to try. This set keeps me safe from status and strong at the same time. I threw Facade in there because I have plenty of good Ice coverage already, and it's stronger and less predictable anyway. We're gonna kick some major butt.
    Hm. Smogon-standard, besides the EVs. No comments besides that you only have one way of dealing with Ghosts in Payback. Also, Reuniclus and Slowbro can take just about everything this can put out. Especially Slowbro who has both Slack Off and Regenerator going for it.

Cloyster (UrMomsBox) w/ Skill Link
    Kings Rock and Jolly (+Spd -SpAtk)
    252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
    - Icicle Spear
    - Rock Blast
    - Shell Smash
    - Rapid Spin

I've always loved oysters and now I have even more reason to. I know I need to be careful of what I switch her in to, but if I can I will set up and shoot 'em down. Rapid Spin is there just because I need it and hopefully I can find a window to use it when I need to, but it's risky for sure, hence why I'm apprehensive, but I'm hoping for some good luck with King's Rock and my two attacks. I'm sure I could move the EVs around for better bulk, but I'm not sure where to start. Help?
    I don't really like King's Rock on Cloyster. It makes it so much harder to use. I'd suggest a White Herb so priority users can't pick on your lowered defenses, and so anything that survives isn't as likely to OHKO you. I'd keep your EVs how they are though, you need them. The Spe especially. Heatran also walls you to the end of time without a Water move. Well, not really till the end of time, but for long enough to KO you before you KO it. Cloyster's solid, I like it, but it has lots of weaknesses you have to keep in mind.

As a whole, the team isn't bad. It can be a lot better though.
    "Whether Castform the Weather Pokemon can weather the weather is dependent on whether the weather that it's weathering is the proper weather for it to weather. Whether the opponent can weather the weather is also subject to whether the weather that it's weathering is the right weather to weather. Whether Castform can weather the opponent is once again dictated by the weather and whether that weather is the favorable weather for weathering. But most importantly, you should know whether there will be weather to weather rather than what weather they will be weathering and whether they can weather that weather."

- Smogon's Castform analysis

Just a quick note, I used Weezing on a Stallteam of mine awhile back and does a great job of walling physical threats but that's all it should be used for is walling physical attacks. It has amazing physical bulk coupled with WoW on common physical threats like Landorus, Terrakion, etc. and basically all physical attackers will fail to take down the poisonous, gaseous, blobs.