Thread: "The internal battery has run dry"

Default "The internal battery has run dry"

I recently restarted my Emerald version and it appears that the battery is done. I'll plan on changing it eventually but because the game can still be played I am not too motivated to do it at the moment.

Now my question is, because it appears that the GBA games don't have the saved file attached to the battery like the GBC games do, does that mean when I change the battery for Emerald version my previous game will still be exist? I don't want to keep playing if changing the battery will force me to restart my game.

It doesn't. All the battery does is keep track of time. So it is what makes the berries grow. Stuff like that. Also your chances of finding mirage island goes down to nothing.
    The world needs more weird people who know how things work and who love to figure it all out.
    Being different is not a crime, and people who tell you it is are just jealous that you've picked up a skill they never in their wildest dreams could acquire.
    You can code. They cannot. That is pretty dang cool.
    ~Zed Shaw

No, it doesn't delete your saved data. I recently changed the battery in my Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire and no data was lost.
    Pokemon Platinum

Badges: 4

I soldered in a new battery with solder tabs into one of my Pokémon Emerald cartridges, and the game got scrambled graphics, off-pitched music, etc. Now, I do not want to repair a Gen. 3 Pokémon game ever again, due to how flimsy they truly are.
    I feel like the "Gen. 1 Pokémon Prince of the Midwest". Currently, I competitively play English Gen. 1 and English Gen. 2 Pokémon games, because Gen. 3 and later on is not worth my time. I also do not use NetBattle at the moment.

I've changed my battery many times you just need a soderer and soder wire not tabs. You use mostly the soder left over in the game.
    The world needs more weird people who know how things work and who love to figure it all out.
    Being different is not a crime, and people who tell you it is are just jealous that you've picked up a skill they never in their wildest dreams could acquire.
    You can code. They cannot. That is pretty dang cool.
    ~Zed Shaw

All the Battery does is keep track of the time, so your Save Data will be O.K. The only things that are affected are Berry Growth Rates and the chance of seeing Mirage Island, which goes down to nothing, I believe.
    Thanks to Astral Shadow from The Under for the Bravely Default Banner!

Quote Originally Posted by tomatohater View Post
    All the Battery does is keep track of the time, so your Save Data will be O.K. The only things that are affected are Berry Growth Rates and the chance of seeing Mirage Island, which goes down to nothing, I believe.
    It also effects Shoal Cave and Eevee's evolutions. When your battery is dead, time is literally frozen. Whatever time your clock is set to at the beginning of the game (or at the time the battery died) is the time it will stay. Berries will never grow if you plant them. The tide will never change in Shoal Cave, so you can never collect all of the Shoal Salt and Shoal Shells to trade for the Shell Bell and you may be locked out of the frozen lower level (which means you can't catch Snorunt or get the Nevermeltice or the TM for Hail). You will only be able to evolve Eevee into one of it's friendly evolutions since Espeon only appears in the a.m. hours and Umbreon only appears in the p.m. hours. Mirage Island will most likely never appear, but you receive a Wynaut egg at the hot spring and you can't replant the berries located on the island to grow more anyway.

If you are starting a new game with a dead battery, I suggest setting the clock between the hours of 03:00-09:00 or 15:00-21:00 so that you can access the lower levels of Shoal Cave. If you have a way of obtaining an Eevee and want it to evolve into Espeon, set the clock between 3:00-9:00 a.m. For Umbreon, set the clock between 15:00-21:00 (3:00-9:00 p.m.). Don't ever plant a berry. Just equip them to your pokemon, use them for pokeblocks or save them for when/if you do change your battery.
    Last edited by kyle72686; 28th May 2013 at 11:30 AM.
    Latest shiny:

found in Friend Safari