Thread: Pokemon manga newbie

Default Pokemon manga newbie

I read manga and have just found out there is Pokemon manga, where is best to start? Are they really just for children like the other Pokemon books? Is the storyline interesting? Are there any Pokemon books for young adults?

Thank you!
    Last edited by pinkpokefan63; 29th March 2013 at 4:54 PM.
    Earn Amazon vouchers free through using a search engine, watching videos etc. It's really easy and actually works:
    swagbucks.com/refer/pinkbabe63

Pokémon mangas are great and way better than the anime. The maturity level is usually at least as high as for the main games. I recommend you try many different Pokémon mangas.
    I did a decent post here (in my opinion), that explains what English Pokémon mangas are available.

There are some errors in the post though:

1. Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Ginji's Rescue Team is VIZ exclusive. (Actually the only VIZ exclusive Pokémon manga, Chuang Yi has published all other Pokémon mangas that VIZ has published and more).
    2. Currently 43 volumes of Pokémon Adventures have been published in Japan (42when I made that old post) and 40 volumes have been published in Singapore. It looks like the writer of that post has confused VIZ's mini-volumes with the full volumes and more volumes have been published since that post.
    3. All That Pikachu! Ani-manga isn't a manga, just a compilation of screenshots from the first two Pikachu shorts with speech bubbles edited in = bs.
    4. VIZ has since then announced that they will publish a lot more Pokémon Adventures volumes. You can read more about that here.
    Proud supporter of the petition for the awesome Pokémon anime shown in this animated Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 trailer!

PokéCommunity thread: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=282195

Copy this to your signature and repost it on social networks if you support the creation of the anime shown in the BW2 trailer!
    Started by PokeAwesome94.

If you are a fan of the Pokémon Adventures manga you're going to love it.
    If you haven't read the Pokémon Adventures manga, you should try it and you're probably going to love the video anyway.

I'd start off with Pokemon Adventures. It has a compelling storyline and the action is much grittier than what you see in the anime.

If you watched the first few seasons of the anime then I would also suggest the Electric Tale of Pikachu.