Thread: Dreamy Island: Wingull Befriend?

Default Dreamy Island: Wingull Befriend?

I've been wanting to recruit a Wingull, but they are only found on Dreamy Island. I have this area, I have beaten the story, however I can't recruit any of the pokemon in that area, it says "Befriend: No". Serebii indicates you can recruit there. Is there something I am missing? I am a Super (Great) Rank Rescue Team, and I have 5 areas to my Paradise.

A lot of those notes on whether or not you can befriend Pokemon seem to be off. If you wait until the dungeon has a high mysteriosity rating, you have a fairly good chance of ending up on an un-numbered floor at some point. When you're on an un-numbered floor, the recruitment conditions are reversed, meaning that if you normally can't recruit Pokemon in a given dungeon, you can then.
    3DS Friend Code: 1864 - 8413 - 3256

I think you could try a flying or water gift and they'll befriend you

Quote Originally Posted by Chewiana Jones View Post
    A lot of those notes on whether or not you can befriend Pokemon seem to be off. If you wait until the dungeon has a high mysteriosity rating, you have a fairly good chance of ending up on an un-numbered floor at some point. When you're on an un-numbered floor, the recruitment conditions are reversed, meaning that if you normally can't recruit Pokemon in a given dungeon, you can then.
    Thank you very much, that really helped! I was wondering why Ciccinno was offering Wingull gifts if there wasn't an area you can just visit and recruit them. I ended up running into Tornadus during my Wingull search in the Mysterious Hallways I ended up in lol, but he didn't join. I got a few wingulls now with the Wingull gifts, thank you!

I tried the Water gift, and Wingull in the Dreamy Island would never accept it no matter how many times I tried...then I realized the dungeon says "Befriend: No".

You're welcome. I did the exact same thing, except I didn't manage to run into Tornadus until I was forced to leave the floor due to the wind. I suppose I probably wouldn't have recruited him anyways, though, since I didn't have a flying gift or anything.
    3DS Friend Code: 1864 - 8413 - 3256