Thread: Where to Sell my Pokemon Cards?

Default Where to Sell my Pokemon Cards?

Hey guys, I have at least a couple hundred pokemon cards(havent got around to counting them yet.) and I was wondering, should I sell them on Ebay or somewhere else? They are, like, 90% old school 1st gen cards and I have a lot of holos and a couple dozen that are in German or some language. Would I make more money selling them on a different site? I plan on going through and getting them split into sets and then selling them that way instead of just as a whole lot, I think. Any tips?

Quote Originally Posted by OldManJenkins View Post
    Hey guys, I have at least a couple hundred pokemon cards(havent got around to counting them yet.) and I was wondering, should I sell them on Ebay or somewhere else? They are, like, 90% old school 1st gen cards and I have a lot of holos and a couple dozen that are in German or some language. Would I make more money selling them on a different site? I plan on going through and getting them split into sets and then selling them that way instead of just as a whole lot, I think. Any tips?
    Less than 1000 isn't too many, so I suggest selling them as a bulk, advertising X amount of holos.
    When in the course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness.

Is there a site, other than Ebay, where I could list, like, singles and have people buy them? Also, some of my cards are german, and I think Italian. Are they worth any more or less than english cards? Idk if I mentioned this already but most of my cards are pre-2000.
    Last edited by OldManJenkins; 30th March 2013 at 6:33 PM.

Generally if they're a different language no, funny thing is English cards usually fetch more. If you sell them as singles it will take you forever even done over e-bay (sorting 5000 cards took me a day I felt myself getting dumber by the end of it, so I can't imagine selling 1-2000 cards singly online). But honestly sell the foils separately on e-bay and then just sell the rest on there.
    The Pokemon tcg info thread//for NEW PLAYER'S!!!
    I claimed magnemite, mawaru penguindrum, and more(eventually).

sell them on ebay or at car boot sales. you get more on ebay, but it's a bit more difficult. don't sell them separately, just sell them in large stacks. it takes for ever to sell individual ones, especially if you have a lot of them.

Always watching. Always waiting. Never truly at peace in a realm of its own.
    Giratina will return....someday.

i found a site called Trade Cards Online. you could check that out. they sell all kinds of cards, and you can buy some there, too.
    Thanks to FairyWitch for the profile pic!

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

National Dex Completed 2/13/2014, at 12:12 A.M., with 212:16 Game Time, and thanks to my friends who traded me over 200 times that week