View Poll Results: What Do You Think My Tournament Deck?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • Good

1 50.00%
  • Bad

0 0%
  • Needs a Little Work

1 50.00%
  • In Between

0 0%

Thread: Rate my Tournament Deck

Default Rate my Tournament Deck

Hey. I would like all the help I can for this deck. Give me advice/criticism, and I'll try to improve it. Thanks! (I will be editing/adding constantly, so bear with me)

Extra Deck Cards:
    Neo Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon
    Number 40: Gimmick Puppet of Strings
    Heretic Sun Dragon Overlord of Heliopolis
    Number 32: Shark Drake
    Number 9: Dyson Sphere
    Number 6: Chronomaly Atlandis
    Gem-Knight Pearl
    Adreus, Keeper of Armageddon
    Number 39: Utopia
    Number 12: Crimson Shadow Armor Ninja
    Number 17: Leviathan Dragon
    Red Dragon Archfiend
    Stardust Dragon
    Power Tool Dragon
    Gravity Warrior

Deck (Monsters)
    Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon
    Beast King Barbaros
    Galaxy Knight
    Alector, Sovereign of Birds
    Cyber Dragon
    Paladin of the Cursed Dragon
    Slate Warrior
    x2 Gogogo Golem
    Trident Warrior
    Bri Synchron
    x2 Gagaga Magician
    x2 Goblindbergh
    Fabled Raven
    Junk Synchron
    Marauding Captain
    Dark Tinker
    Solar Wind Jammer
    Galaxy Wizard
    The Tyrant Neptune

Spells:
    x2 Galaxy Queen's Light
    Lightning Vortex
    Message in a Bottle
    Monster Reborn
    Reasoning
    Star Blast
    Xyz Revenge
    Synchro Boost

Traps:
    Bottomless Trap Hole
    Dust Tornado
    Magic Cylinder
    Mirror Force
    Miracle's Wake
    Raigeki Break
    Scrap Iron Scarecrow
    Call of the Haunted
    Xyz Block

Thanks for your time!
    Last edited by mjunior3; 19th June 2013 at 1:19 AM.
    Thanks to FairyWitch for the profile pic!

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

National Dex Completed 2/13/2014, at 12:12 A.M., with 212:16 Game Time, and thanks to my friends who traded me over 200 times that week

Did you even look at the Advanced format limited list? I took the pleasure of linking you to it just in case.
    http://www.yugioh-card.com/en/limited/

Other than that.....I don't see any sort of synergy in this deck, it seems all over the place, what are you trying to do with it?

White 2 Team: Currently working on that....LOL

i am still working out the kinks. im trying to make a special summon/xyz deck. about the ban list, im looking for suggestions to replace the banned cards.

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

National Dex Completed 2/13/2014, at 12:12 A.M., with 212:16 Game Time, and thanks to my friends who traded me over 200 times that week

Well that is a very broad topic to narrow down onto, you will need some sort of strategy to focus on, then tune the deck around that, right now your deck is trying to be way too much, it has to be your call first to choose a specific strategy before advice can be given. Any deck needs synergy, or in other words the ability to work well with itself.

im trying to get together a deck where i can special summon with ease, and bring out destructive xyz

Yes but you need to narrow in on something that you can form the deck around, a specific key strategy Like if you wanted, focus the deck around Gogogo Golem, using Gogogo Ghost and Giant to perform rank 4 xyzs. Something that has some actual strategy and not just random cards thrown together

i kinda like the randomness, because i dont have to worry about having spcific cards to do anything

You see those specific cards actually help consistency, which is a driving factor in a lot of decks. If there's a time where you need a specific card, with all this randomness the chances of that happening are lower, specially if you have the ability to search for and summon monsters on a more specific scale. Now i'm not saying jump on the Meta-*** train but try at least to focus your deck

meta train? i dont understand what that is. but if u have a theme that can be predictable, why not have randomness? would u recomend galaxy eyes photon dragon?

Because Randomness will never be able to focus reliably enough to be able to win consistently. You'll face people who won't know what your deck really does but their reactions will be "Well, this seems easy enough, a rogue deck with no direction" And then do whatever strategies they have planned and knock you out almost everytime. You can't win in this game by throwing out random cards and hoping they work, you need to plan and strategize to overcome your opponent

its worked so far. my bro is using a blackwing deck, and i shut it down EASILY.

You're also using quite a lot of banned cards, and if he's running on the Advanced Format, that's a large handicap for him

hes not. hes using alot of traps i am

Quote Originally Posted by mjunior3 View Post
    hes not. hes using alot of traps i am
    The traps aren't what is banned.
    Goyo Guardian
    Witch of the Black Forest
    Cyber Jar
    Change of Heart
    Graceful Charity
    Premature Burial

...Not a single banned trap, plus there's no telling whether your brother is able to build a good blackwing deck, or if he's capable of using it properly, I can show you synergy with the deck's i've made.

good points. he has an average blkwing deck, and yes, he knows how to use them. they r his faves. he also makes a power deck, much like the one i use.

Just because they are his favorite archetype of cards doesn't mean he knows how to run them proerly. My favorite archetype is Karakuris and I can admit I don't run them right and my deck sould be better, I just play quite a few other cards games with more people to play against then Yugioh so most of my money for gomain goes toward them. But anyway yeah follow the banlist and you need to be consistent, running only one of a single card if it isn't o the list at all is kinda dumb (no offence). Try running 3 of the creatures you need, if your going for Rank 4 XYZ summons then Gogogo Golem is a good card, Number 39: Utopia is a staple in decks that use XYZ's. So try and make it more consistent, which in the long run will make the deck more lthal in general. and if your worrying about a certain type of deck use the Sideboard to the best of your advantage.
    THIS IS FOR MY NINTENDO 3DS HANDHELD SYSTEM 2664-2984-6619
    THIS IS FOR MY POKEMON WHITE VIDEO GAME Mike-0218-6703-3716

I think Kunaiman summed it up perfectly - your Deck is too random. This won't work well in Tournaments, this won't even work well in casual Duels.

Using random cards may looks like it's a good idea at first, since it can throw off your opponent, but after more Duels you'll realize it's actually a bad idea due to lack of consistency.
    That and your opponents will eventually realize your Deck is nothing more than just a random cards deck that lacked any actual strategy & consistency.

If you have consistency, you don't have to worry about needing specific cards to do anything, because the specific cards will always be there.
    It's the lack of consistency that should make you worry.

Since you said you want a "quick Xyz spam" Deck, I suggest using a Gagaga-Gogogo Deck.
    Gagaga can summon most Xyz monsters quickly due to their Level-changing ability, while Gogogo helps in summoning Rank 4 Xyz, which is the most abundant Rank.
    Add more Level-changing cards like Synchro Boost, Tannhauser Gate, or Galaxy Queen's Light, and you'll have an easier time summoning various Xyz monsters.

You also can put a few splashable Tuners if you want to be able to summon Synchros as well.

Also, once it is released outside Japan, I suggest getting Kamenleon. It's a Level 4 Tuner that helps both Synchro and Xyz.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Thanks guys, and the advice is great. I might do a lightsworn or water deck, too. i'll try to update later.

Thanks guys, and the advice is great. I might do a lightsworn or water deck, too. i'll try to update later.
    If its Lightsworns you are looking at, I can help with that, as for water decks.....(shudders at thoughts of Mermails and Atlanteans) There are a lot of different ways to go, the Water attribute has recieved a lot of support lately.

Also a deck my roommate ran for a while was a Ninja Xyz Deck, pretty well and very consistent. Tricky to beat too.

I have both Mermails AND Atlanteans. hehehe I make a rockin' water deck, and throw in Leviathan Dragon and Mermail Abyssgaios

I have both Mermails AND Atlanteans. hehehe I make a rockin' water deck, and throw in Leviathan Dragon and Mermail Abyssgaios
    Well then my suggestion is to do what most other duelists do who want to run Meta. Find a winning deck build online, copy it to the exact detail and run that.

k. i'll try it. i'll send u a list if i can. thanks for the help

Well then my suggestion is to do what most other duelists do who want to run Meta. Find a winning deck build online, copy it to the exact detail and run that.
    You mean people who try to play well but have nothing to show for it. Thousands of you clog my register for pokemon tcg tournaments and I crush all of you with no remorse because you deserve none, you're not here for the game, if you we're you would have realized that the ones who do make they're own decks regardless of what others play (it's the scrubs I feel sorry for when facing me).

This is my new favorite line, 1 card doesn't win the war, even if it's another card game still holds true in how you play the game (been playing alot of vangaurd recently, been seeing that alot between these popular card games, more use for strategy through use of combos to make a better outcome). If you have a deck that has alot of things going on and you like that fact of flexible strategy, regardless of what or where you play, you still need to keep those lines above a 1 to make it work to the best component. Even if you beat a good deck, most of the times when that happens is because you're winning against a weaker opponent (which is a good thing because it shows that you have room to develop into that game). Even if you end up running a decklist that is based off of a similar card strategy or one that isn't, doesn't matter, doesn't change the game, just as long as the spell and trap cards work with the monsters, because ripping someone else off doesn't make you better as a player.
    Last edited by ven?; 17th April 2013 at 6:55 AM.
    The Pokemon tcg info thread//for NEW PLAYER'S!!!
    I claimed magnemite, mawaru penguindrum, and more(eventually).

ok. i can see your point. this deck has done me good, so i'm gonna keep the basic structure, refine it, and bring it into tourny rules.