Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you find yourself cheering for Team Rocket?

Default Do you find yourself cheering for Team Rocket?

To be honest, I think that since I've turned, like, 10 years old, I've always been rooting for Team Rocket.

Like, this obviously is not going to happen, but would you prefer it if the Rocket Gang succeed in capturing Pikachu, permanently? I, personally, would. Whenever I re-watch an episode relating to their backstory, I can't help but pity them, and begin to genuinely WISH that they were hardcore villains and.. well... steal all the Pokemon and become the most power trainers in the world.

That's how I'd like to see things to be, personally.

OS and BW- Yes
    Other sagas- No, rather, I just wanted them to go away.
    I, stickerstaryoshi, am now authorized to use the usertitle "We got 3D: XY!", created by user Cresselia92 and to modify it according to my desires.

Fan of the Mario and Luigi series since 2005.

Yes, if TR caught Pikachu permanently, then Ash could have more screentime on other Pokemon, but alas, it will never happen.

So yeah, I'm 50-50 on it. Soemtimes i'm annoyed, sometimes I'm just like, gogogo TR!

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

I cheered for them for a while but I eventually gave up because they will never catch Pikachu they only success they ever had was when they caught a Yanma in DP when a trainer was trying to catch it.
    These two songs describe me well

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58QOBqAWNzE (Top Gun- Danger zone)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osuhlptx0J8 (Rascal Flatts- Life is a Highway)

Only in the OS and BW. They're too incompetent and idiotic in AG and especially DP to succeed in any of their plans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

Cheering for Team Rocket to do what exactly? Stealing Pikachu, interrupting gyms, Jessie in contests or being there? There is so many things that they did and could have done instead I found myself not even paying attention to them anymore like I used to. Even at the end of Kanto, I was upset. (Probably because of their behavior in the league) In the I.S. I really didn't get the filler of no value, in Johto they were funnier but they were more useless blasting off and doing the ridiculous. Only in DP where Jessie was in the GF was when I was actually stunned and was rooting for them. Well atleast Jessie that is.

My ideal battle ever!

I think Team Rocket was the reason most people continued to watch the show. They honestly had some of the best lines from the 4KIDS-era, and they were just so goofy and they bounced off each other so well. I always looked forward to seeing them even when I knew they weren't going to succeed for the billionth time. I don't mind Ash as the main character, but to just watch him travel the land to occasionally battle a gym leader was dull, so obviously there needed to be an opposing force, and Team Rocket was entertaining enough.

So while I didn't exactly cheer for Team Rocket, they were amongst my most favorite characters of the show. Do I wish they were treated better (in which case Best Wishes granted that)? Yes, but when you're the comedy relief, you are treated as such. Since I stopped watching the show by the time it moved to Cartoon Network, I could only glean from others about Team Rocket's character in the D/P saga, and they were at their weakest then. Makes me wonder if 4KIDS didn't sell the rights that they could've kept Team Rocket entertaining enough. Their script is not always great, but you have to give them credit for at least making the Team Rocket trio memorable.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Last Chance - 11/3/11 - Chapter 20 progress: 75%
    I survived Pupa.

I really think Team Rocket need to succeed more. Have any of their schemes succeeded? Nope. Not permanently, anyway. Perhaps an episode where they steal some random guys Pokemon and they don't get them back? Meowth evolving would be cool, too.
    I AM ERROR!
    Check out my YouTube channel! http://m.youtube.com/#/user/NinjaOfT...injaOfTheSkies
    My Pokemon/Futurama fanfic: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9186329/...anto-Adventure

I would be waiting for TR to appear untill Kanto because they were funny. I didnt cheer for them but they made me laugh sometimes. But after that they were getting old and they were just stalking pikachu. They were just used for comedic relief and in BW the bad guy gimmick never seemed to work for me atleast.
    “We do have a lot in common.
    The same air, the same Earth, the same
    sky.
    Maybe if we started looking at
    what's the same instead of
    always looking at what's different,
    ...well, who knows?”
    ― Meowth

I have been waiting for the day that Team Rocket takes a pokemon from Ash and turns it ageist him permanently that would be great to see.

I cheered when team rocket got ahold of that yanma. Finally they have accomplished something.
    Happiny is awesome

Bands and artists I like at the moment:
    Radiohead
    Muse
    Boards Of Canada
    The Beatles
    Bjork
    Aphex Twin
    Nine Inch Nails
    Vampire Weekend
    Lady Gaga
    Gorillaz
    Brian Eno
    Coldplay

I definitely find the Rockets more sympathetic than the heroes, and seeing as how sympathetic I find a characters seems very much proportionate to how bad they get it in the show, it's possible they're the most sympathetic characters for me. I don't necessarily really hope they actually manage to rob Ash blind or anything, but it would definitely be nice to see them catch a break once in a while, considering (at least the last time I saw) they'd be targets of some pretty disproportionate retribution for some pretty small vices to the point that at times it was starting to look like the three of them were really just being punished for being themselves (they're not doing anything wrong right now, but it's Team Rocket! Get them!!). It definitely doesn't make them less sympathetic that all of them have a much worse backstory than pretty much all the heroes.

Meowth is the one I probably feel most sorry for. It was put beneath its evolved form plenty of times, and the poor guy didn't even get to one-up persian like pikachu did raichu at least twice. And then pikachu gets to one-up meowth repeatedly as well (this may have changed in the seasons I missed, so I could be wrong at this point). Also, I kind of don't like how the show portrays meowth's constant failures as coming from its deciding to focus its ability on speech rather than combat like other pokémon. Kind of implies that you really can only be successful if you pursue success through brute strength.
    All fear the vampiric ghost skeletal uber mr. mime caterpie!

Thank you Megadio for the awesome banner.

During BW, I absolutely loved everything they did! I wish they were like that throughout the series!
    - National Pokedex Completion Date- 3/12/13 (Thanks EpiK SauCe!)

FC: 5129-0492-5213

I always did for Jessie during the contests in seasons 6-13. Too bad they made us wait until seasons 10 (the unofficial contest) and 11 before Jessie won any. >
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) NEW!! 10/11 NEW!! 10/14
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: (Black2, White2); playing X
    On hold: (till 3rd gen remakes)
    To reclaim:

In the OS at times, yes. They had already caught Pikachu & everything and I was happy. Until, you know, Ash saved the day at the tail end. I don't know, I just like when Pikachu is captured at put inside that electric proof jar. I also support Jessie in the Contests.

For the most part, yes, but I'm the type who used to cheer Wile E Coyote when he was chasing road runner. I guess I just feel sorry for the perennial losers.
    Defeated Super Single Subway Master Ingo - August 19th, 2013

Searching for: Litwick - Near Perfect IVs, Manetric (Shiny) - Good IVs, Switcheroo
    Can offer high IV'd Bagons, Digletts, and Darumakas, as well as DWs, Pokerus, and more, PM me if interesting in negotiating.

Quote Originally Posted by RVD_fan View Post
    For the most part, yes, but I'm the type who used to cheer Wile E Coyote when he was chasing road runner. I guess I just feel sorry for the perennial losers.
    I know that feel.
    I AM ERROR!
    Check out my YouTube channel! http://m.youtube.com/#/user/NinjaOfT...injaOfTheSkies
    My Pokemon/Futurama fanfic: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9186329/...anto-Adventure

Quote Originally Posted by AmbipomMaster View Post
    During BW, I absolutely loved everything they did! I wish they were like that throughout the series!
    But they hardly did anything in BW. no blasting offs, no hilarious jessilina. All they did was try to get pikachu a few times and awaken tornadus and thunderus. That was it.
    Happiny is awesome

Bands and artists I like at the moment:
    Radiohead
    Muse
    Boards Of Canada
    The Beatles
    Bjork
    Aphex Twin
    Nine Inch Nails
    Vampire Weekend
    Lady Gaga
    Gorillaz
    Brian Eno
    Coldplay

Musashi's alter: [Candy] Musalina, I've cheered for her in DP. I didn't really cheer for Musashi's other contest alias in AG because I knew she wouldn't make it past the first round and two, it was all about Haruka winning. DP contests, they treated her better and it wasn't all about Hikari winning everything.

Other than that, yes I found myself cheering for them mostly in the Galactic episodes and the Magma/Aqua episodes. But in BW, I didn't because they were generic villains.
    Last edited by はるひ; 2nd April 2013 at 4:09 PM.
    岩根雅明=♡

Quote Originally Posted by *futachimaru* View Post
    But they hardly did anything in BW. no blasting offs, no hilarious jessilina. All they did was try to get pikachu a few times and awaken tornadus and thunderus. That was it.
    In this case, less is more, especially in the case of something as significant as awakening the Kami Trio.
    I, stickerstaryoshi, am now authorized to use the usertitle "We got 3D: XY!", created by user Cresselia92 and to modify it according to my desires.

Fan of the Mario and Luigi series since 2005.

In the past seasons, yes I found myself rooting for them. But now that they have gotten serious, not anymore.

after a while i was rooting for them, because they were just that hopeless. i liked them and all, but they got repetitive and i would start thinking to myself 'come on succeed just once...please!' i still want them to do well, i guess, but they fail even though they are serious. Then again, the bad guys never win, do they?
    The Doctor: 'People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually*
    from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff.'
    In other words: Time is Complicated.
    Credit to epicjirachifan, Chapter of Charizard FairyWitch and Astaral Shadow of the Under

I have always loved Team Rocket. I wish they'd succeed more.mi think a mini arc where they actually stole pikachu and ash had to get him back properly rather than popping the balloon would be interesting
    Formerly Raichu

#teamminaj #teamrihannanavy #teamrocket wait whut?

anythingandeverythingaccordingtome.blogspot.com

If they ever aired Team Rocket vs Team Plasma, then I think that the Rockets could've became better bad guys. Seriously, it looked firetrucking epic.
    I AM ERROR!

More so in BW I do lol

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast