Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you find yourself cheering for Team Rocket?

Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    I think Team Rocket was the reason most people continued to watch the show. They honestly had some of the best lines from the 4KIDS-era, and they were just so goofy and they bounced off each other so well. I always looked forward to seeing them even when I knew they weren't going to succeed for the billionth time. I don't mind Ash as the main character, but to just watch him travel the land to occasionally battle a gym leader was dull, so obviously there needed to be an opposing force, and Team Rocket was entertaining enough.

So while I didn't exactly cheer for Team Rocket, they were amongst my most favorite characters of the show. Do I wish they were treated better (in which case Best Wishes granted that)? Yes, but when you're the comedy relief, you are treated as such. Since I stopped watching the show by the time it moved to Cartoon Network, I could only glean from others about Team Rocket's character in the D/P saga, and they were at their weakest then. Makes me wonder if 4KIDS didn't sell the rights that they could've kept Team Rocket entertaining enough. Their script is not always great, but you have to give them credit for at least making the Team Rocket trio memorable.
    I liked TRio under 4Kids slightly more, but mainly in terms of their dialogue and scripts like you. They didn't used to go into alliterations and puns all the time back then (though that seems to have thankfully gone away with serious TRio in BW-- unfortunately the BW TRio has the personality of mud to me). The voices themselves are pretty close to the way they used to sound in the 4Kids dub. I admit Jessie still sounds a bit like a washed out opera singer, James still sounds a bit stuffy, and Meowth too gravelly sometimes, but they're overall good enough, I guess. I've never really had an issue with them.

4Kids probably made Ash and Brock the most memorable for me...I don't know what it is, but I really do miss their original dub voices. It's just one of those things. *shrugs*

I did find myself cheering for TRio, but only in the OS.

In AG, I just laughed at them, and occasionally got frustrated with them. Cheered for them in emotional moments they had or goodbyes they had to give.

Same goes for DP.

BW, I don't even...care what they're doing. They can go to prison for all I care. They're easily the most lifeless chars on the show right now.
    Last edited by PokemonNation2000; 7th April 2013 at 4:57 PM.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

Never.

And that ain't never gon be no changes to that.

what? **** no

that is weird and you should feel weird 8)
    e

Occasionally, but not that often
    Legitimately Caught All 649 Pokémon in White 2: April 12, 2013
    White 2 FC: 5072 4104 1923
    3DS FC: 0103-9971-7893

No, absolutely no. Ever since I was a kid I didn't want them to win because they are criminals and I tend to heavily criticize villains.

The only times where I cheered for them were when they didn't act as criminals but more as people. For example, I cheered for Meowth when he fought Persian to win Meowzie's love, I cheered for James when he had to escape from Jessiebelle or when he was teaching Drain Punch to Cacnea and I cheered for Jessie when she was doing her Contests in DP, since she wasn't a complete loser like in AG (even if she still lost a lot).

All the others times I couldn't care less what happened to them.
    MY MAIN FANFICS

Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

Self-made claimer of AntennaShipping {Meguri the Moogle (Original Character / Final Fantasy) x Captain Olimar (Pikmin)}
    and SteakShipping {Ness (MOTHER 2 / Earthbound) x Doremi (Ojamajo Doremi)}

As put by takudo (I think that's his name), Team rocket is quite inspiring to people. So yes, I find myself cheering them on. Or at the very least, they tug on my sympathy strings a lot....(or they did. lol)

If they weren't criminals, then they'd have a huge support just from how much they try and how silly their antics are. They're even more stubborn then ash about things.

DP and Ag, and heck, even some of the original series showed them as good people.
    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

Anyone who admitted to having rooted for Jessie and James have completely summarized my childhood and beyond. I'm still 13... xD

Yes. I a million times I've found myself going, Oh my gosh you two... Just WIN for once! I was so excited when they caught that Yanma in Diamond and Pearl, but then Giovanni sent it back basically saying that it was ridiculously common. Oh well. Jessie, James, and Meowth certainly didn't take it that way, now did they? xD

Actually... Team Rocket never even seemed like bad guys to me. Maybe it's because they were always such silly little idiot-guys who were slightly amusing to my tiny brain, or maybe it was just that they never succeeded. I think when it comes down to it I never thought of them as bad because even though they tried to steal Pikachu time and time again they always did seem to care about Pokemon. Especially James with Chimecho, Mime Jr., Cacnea, Victreebell, and Carnivine.

So yeah. I rooted for Team Rocket, mostly because I wanted the shock and reaction of seeing them win. I never particularly wanted them to catch Pikachu, but rather someone else's Pokemon. There have been plenty of episodes where they've gone for, even just a bunch of wild Pokemon, instead of Pikachu.

Yes, especially during this saga. I've wanted to see them succeed at one of their major plots since the failed Subway Hijack, but, alas, no. It was not meant to be.

breathe it in, i'm gonna shine. it's my moment, i'm going to fly.

i agree this saga has been when i rooted for them the most. team rocket had become somewhat professional and i expected them to finally succeed. after sooo long of failing i thought now was their time, but it didn't happen. it can't be good failing every time you try something. i couldn't help but cheer for them.
    The Doctor: 'People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually*
    from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff.'
    In other words: Time is Complicated.
    Credit to epicjirachifan, Chapter of Charizard FairyWitch and Astaral Shadow of the Under

Mostly no- because they are evil... But mostly yes- because they always mess up and I guess you kinda feel bad for the idiots. XD
    PkMnPro

Pokemon White 2 Team:

(Kyurem is White Kyurem)

Pokemon Black 2 Team:

currently under construction

I want them to be successful villains and do a lot of damage like most good villains usually do but do I want them to actually succeed with their plans? No. I mean the Pokémon world is such a peaceful place where for the most part, Pokémon usually live in harmony. Could you imagine the Pokémon world under Giovanni? It's interesting to think about what Giovanni would do but I wouldn't want it to actually happen. So I want them to put up a good fight and have a lot of great accomplishments but in the grand scheme of things, I hope Ash always stops them from ruling the world permanently.

I want TR to be happy and I hope none of them ever get killed but them winning and ruling the world would never happen in a kids' show.

Can't stand Team Rocket in any part of the series. They just feel like a tacked on part to the series and just how stupid the main characters are about them

"Oh, no! Team Rocket! They were in totally obvious costumes!" Now I would be fine if this only happened once or twice and that they could point out TR whenever they were in costume, but it happens every time.

They just feel a little brain dead to me, but hey, I know people who really like them and I'm not going to hate on them for it. It's just my thoughts on the matter. I don't really think they should be there
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Credit goes to FairyWitch at Flower Paradise Graphics

Fanfic Status: Currently postponed-- Kingdom Hearts: Memories' Reflection. Last updated 8/17/13

I root for the them at the end of each series because they normally have a hand in stopping them. I always liked Team rocket. especially in BW they have actually been pretty awesome I like TR in AG and DP but in japanese ONLY!!! The dub made them more annoying.

My 3DS Friend Code is: 4141-3174-0404

Friend Safari is Dragons (Noibat, Sliggoo,Fraxure)

Devoted Pearlshipper and as such I have released Chapter 4 of my new fic :
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9948785...-of-the-tunnel

Team Rocket keeps things interesting, or at least amusing.

Though sometimes I have to wonder if they get any frequent flier miles from all that blasting off.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberra View Post
    Team Rocket keeps things interesting, or at least amusing.

Though sometimes I have to wonder if they get any frequent flier miles from all that blasting off.
    Ha! You are a joker, ain't ya?
    I AM ERROR!
    Check out my YouTube channel! http://m.youtube.com/#/user/NinjaOfT...injaOfTheSkies
    My Pokemon/Futurama fanfic: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9186329/...anto-Adventure

Quote Originally Posted by ThePurpleOne View Post
    Ha! You are a joker, ain't ya?
    Considering how long the series has been running, plus taking into account the average number of blast-offs per episode, they must've accumulated enough frequent flier miles to fly all the way to Mars by now

I agree. "We're blasting off again! How many times is that now?!?!?!?!"
    I AM ERROR!
    Check out my YouTube channel! http://m.youtube.com/#/user/NinjaOfT...injaOfTheSkies
    My Pokemon/Futurama fanfic: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9186329/...anto-Adventure

I hope they're wearing uniforms with built-in parachutes

I'd love to see them actually defeat a rival evil team. An actual team rocket vs team galactic battle would have been epic.

An idea for an interesting plot twist would be where Team Rocket actually manages to capture Pikachu, but instead of the heroes getting it back 2-5 minutes later a whole series or half is devoted to them going on a quest to save him. That would be so interesting since I sometimes wonder how Ash can cope without the yellow mouse sitting on his shoulder.

3DS Friend Code: 2337-4608-0376
    Most Recent Shiny: - 868 eggs | Current Hunt:

Quote Originally Posted by Green Blockhead View Post
    An idea for an interesting plot twist would be where Team Rocket actually manages to capture Pikachu, but instead of the heroes getting it back 2-5 minutes later a whole series or half is devoted to them going on a quest to save him. That would be so interesting since I sometimes wonder how Ash can cope without the yellow mouse sitting on his shoulder.
    That would be a good idea. What would be cool is if Ash and co. stormed Team Rocket' s base in an epic battle to save Pikachu from whatever TR may be doing to him...Woah...Brain overload...Must sleep...THEPURPLEONE IS NOW IN SLEEP MODE.
    I AM ERROR!

I find myself cheering for them a lot. Especially if the episodes where they got the main focus.

I'm pretty much happy that they aren't blasting off in nearly every blasted episode again. That alone is a success for them.
    Ash's team right now

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

If you deny any sort of existence of Iris's hair, put this into your sig (started by 5ilVer)

I used to cheer for them every once in a while back when their schemes to steal Pikachu were still fresh and original, but I've long since given up. I mean why should I cheer for them when they never learn from their mistakes?

I only like Meow with Team Rocket. I find him really cute. But the two others are not so funny.
    "A short saying oft contains much wisdom." valuepointdistribution reviews

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast