I liked TRio under 4Kids slightly more, but mainly in terms of their dialogue and scripts like you. They didn't used to go into alliterations and puns all the time back then (though that seems to have thankfully gone away with serious TRio in BW-- unfortunately the BW TRio has the personality of mud to me). The voices themselves are pretty close to the way they used to sound in the 4Kids dub. I admit Jessie still sounds a bit like a washed out opera singer, James still sounds a bit stuffy, and Meowth too gravelly sometimes, but they're overall good enough, I guess. I've never really had an issue with them.
Originally Posted by Kutie Pie
4Kids probably made Ash and Brock the most memorable for me...I don't know what it is, but I really do miss their original dub voices. It's just one of those things. *shrugs*
I did find myself cheering for TRio, but only in the OS.
In AG, I just laughed at them, and occasionally got frustrated with them. Cheered for them in emotional moments they had or goodbyes they had to give.
Same goes for DP.
BW, I don't even...care what they're doing. They can go to prison for all I care. They're easily the most lifeless chars on the show right now.
Last edited by PokemonNation2000; 7th April 2013 at 4:57 PM.
My Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW
3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW001-BW115)/Average > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW116-BW142)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY001-Present)/Terrible > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP001-DP191)/Atrocious
4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
6. TCG: Wizards of the Coast > PUSA > TPCi
7. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC