Thread: Platinum team~

Default Platinum team~

This is my platinum team at the moment and I like it so much that I'm considering doing competitive battling with it. uwu
    I'd just like some feedback to see if it's okay with battling? And, I'd love a 6th team member to be suggested, as well as a few moveset tweaks.

Infernape
    -Flamethrower
    -Brick Break
    -Shadow Claw
    -Taunt

Togekiss
    -Fly (overworld use)
    -Air Slash
    -Aura Sphere
    -Psychic

Leafeon
    -Razor Leaf (Leaf Blade soon, though)
    -X-Scissor
    -Bite
    -Grass Whistle (Considering replacing with Swords Dance)

Milotic
    -Surf
    -Waterfall (overworld use)
    -Dragon Pulse
    -Mirror Coat

Froslass
    -Ice Beam
    -Ice Shard
    -Shadow Ball
    -Crunch (want to replace with a stat booster - any ideas?)

"said i'm, i'm high class,
    and this is where you brought me?"

tumblr | deviantart

Spoiler:- my shinies -:

SD Infernape works wonders ingame. iirc normally it's Swords Dance / Flare Blitz / Close Combat / Stone Edge.

Togekiss has multiple different options; if you breed, Nasty Plot really buffs it's SpA. Meanwhile, if you aren't willing to Breed, Thunder Wave is alright. You could even use Flamethrower in the last slot. Either way, get rid of Psychic. It offers no notable coverage.

Return > Bite on Leafeon. Make sure to also get Swords Dance.
    I'm feelin' electric tonight
    Cruising down the coast goin' 'bout 99
    Got my bad baby by my heavenly side
    I know if I go, I'll die happy tonight

Froslass has no boosting options outside of Double Team. Plus, most of her stats, barring speed, are fairly poor (80/80 offenses, and 70/70/70 defenses). I'd be inclined to say to drop her altogether if you're trying to use an offensive ghost, as her niche is the fact that she can set up Spikes with her high speed while simultaneously blocking Rapid Spin by virtue of her ghost typing. If you're not using her for that, she's outclassed by Gengar, who is equally fast but hits considerably harder.

I'd be inclined to say to swap her for Gengar, and supplement him with Mamoswine for your ice type needs. It offers you an electric immunity, and a potent STAB combo with the strongest Ice Shard in the game, and a massively hard-hitting Earthquake, which is ever valuable. Something along the lines of...

Gengar
    -Shadow Ball
    -Focus Miss Blast
    -Thunderbolt
    -Will-o-Wisp/Whatever coverage move you want seriously Gengar's movepool is huge

Mamoswine
    -Ice Shard
    -Earthquake
    -Rock Slide/Stone Edge
    -Stealth Rock (a godsend for competitive, but not worth it in-game)

...But if you want to keep Froslass, then drop Ice Shard for Thunderbolt (she outspeeds most things weak to Ice anyway). Spikes is good competitively, but in-game, it's worthless... plus you'd have to chain breed to be able to get Spikes on it, so it's probably an ordeal. She doesn't have many other options offensively, so you could go with something like Destiny Bond or Thunder Wave for more utility.

And it goes without saying to forgo Mamoswine if you keep Froslass.
    Competitive/IGRMT Mod and one of the writers for the PotW.

I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

SD Infernape works wonders ingame. iirc normally it's Swords Dance / Flare Blitz / Close Combat / Stone Edge.

Togekiss has multiple different options; if you breed, Nasty Plot really buffs it's SpA. Meanwhile, if you aren't willing to Breed, Thunder Wave is alright. You could even use Flamethrower in the last slot. Either way, get rid of Psychic. It offers no notable coverage.

Return > Bite on Leafeon. Make sure to also get Swords Dance.
    My Infernape has a mild nature, (+sa -d), so I'd rather Flamethrower than Flare Blitz. I chose Brick Break over Close Combat due to a low defence without the stat decrease, and Shadow Claw in case of Psychic + Ghost types. I probably will swap Taunt for Swords Dance, though.

I agree with the Psychic on Togekiss - I only put it on there for poison types since I have no offence over poison on my team yet. Kinda a waste of a good TM LMAO. I was considering Thunder Wave, though. So I'll probably go with it.

Also yeah I was iffy on Bite for Leafeon. I only kept it for grass/bug tolerances but Return is probably the best option. uwu Thank you!!

Froslass has no boosting options outside of Double Team. Plus, most of her stats, barring speed, are fairly poor (80/80 offenses, and 70/70/70 defenses). I'd be inclined to say to drop her altogether if you're trying to use an offensive ghost, as her niche is the fact that she can set up Spikes with her high speed while simultaneously blocking Rapid Spin by virtue of her ghost typing. If you're not using her for that, she's outclassed by Gengar, who is equally fast but hits considerably harder.

I'd be inclined to say to swap her for Gengar, and supplement him with Mamoswine for your ice type needs. It offers you an electric immunity, and a potent STAB combo with the strongest Ice Shard in the game, and a massively hard-hitting Earthquake, which is ever valuable. Something along the lines of...

Gengar
    -Shadow Ball
    -Focus Miss Blast
    -Thunderbolt
    -Will-o-Wisp/Whatever coverage move you want seriously Gengar's movepool is huge

Mamoswine
    -Ice Shard
    -Earthquake
    -Rock Slide/Stone Edge
    -Stealth Rock (a godsend for competitive, but not worth it in-game)

...But if you want to keep Froslass, then drop Ice Shard for Thunderbolt (she outspeeds most things weak to Ice anyway). Spikes is good competitively, but in-game, it's worthless... plus you'd have to chain breed to be able to get Spikes on it, so it's probably an ordeal. She doesn't have many other options offensively, so you could go with something like Destiny Bond or Thunder Wave for more utility.

And it goes without saying to forgo Mamoswine if you keep Froslass.
    ooo I've never even considered having a Mamoswine before - it'd also give me a tolerance to Poison which could get rid of Psychic on Togekiss! Eee I think I might just go for it.

The low stats were what put me off Froslass originally, but I felt like I wanted a team of Pokemon I never use. Plus, it could one-shot Cynthia's Garchomp.
    I was going to put Destiny Bond on her, but when she came of level, I was half asleep and said 'nope'. Gdi. I liked Ice Shard for a guaranteed finish, mind you, but Thunderbolt seems great.

I'm pretty familiar with Gengars, I've always used them frequently in game (well, used Haunter in gen 1 + 2) so I know how good they can be. I like having Sludge Bomb rather than Focus Blast as Focus Blast always misses whenever I need it to hit. 6__6 But I am considering swapping Froslass for Gengar.

Thanks for your help!

"said i'm, i'm high class,
    and this is where you brought me?"

tumblr | deviantart

Spoiler:- my shinies -:

MixApe is probably better then, try Flamethrower / Brick Break / Stone Edge / Grass Knot.

Ice Fang works completely fine for Mamoswine instead of Stealth Rock when you're playing ingame. If you intend to play Comp, use Draco's set tho.