View Poll Results: Who is your favorite Gravity Falls Character?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dipper

3 27.27%
  • Mabel

4 36.36%
  • Grunkle Stan

1 9.09%
  • Soos

0 0%
  • Wendy

2 18.18%
  • Robbie

0 0%
  • Gideon

0 0%
  • Pacifica

0 0%
  • Bill Cipher

0 0%
  • Other

1 9.09%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Mystery Shack (Gravity Falls Fanclub)

Default The Mystery Shack (Gravity Falls Fanclub)

Grunkle Stan:
    “Welcome to the Mystery Shack, be prepared to be awed and amazed at all the Gravity Falls fan-boying/girling going on inside. Okay, now that we got that out of the way (are you still reading this in a Stan voice? Weird, isn't it?), this club is a place for fans of Gravity Falls to get together and discuss the show; their favorite episodes, creatures, places, and characters, their exceptions, theories, and desires, and the ever important secret ciphers messages.”

What is Gravity Falls?
    For anyone who has stumbled into this thread not knowing what Gravity Falls is:
    It's an awesome animated show on The Disney Channel and Disney XD, in which two preteen kids (Dipper and Mabel) are sent to the remote community of Gravity Falls to spend the summer with their Great Uncle (Grunkle Stan) who runs a cheesy tourist trap with fake paranormal exhibits, despite the woods all around them being full of real paranormal creatures.

Adding interest to this already entertaining concept, secret messages are included in pretty much every episode and short. Often these use Ceaser or Abash Ciphers, but others have occasionally been included.

New Episode Schedule:
    *Exact time will depend on your timezone and what channels you get*

2, 3 - The Golf War (Sun 17th, Sat 23rd, Sun 24thm on XD & Fri 22nd, Sun 24th, on Disney Channel)
    2, 4 - Sock Opera (September)
    2, 5 - Soos and the Real Girl (September)
    2, 6 - TBA (TBA)

---

Rules:
    1) All SPPF rules and Club Sub-Forum Rules are to be followed

2) Anyone can join in and post, so please do not post asking to join, but if you'd like to be on the member list please use the form provided in the membership section.

3) Please stay on topic, the occasional relevant joke is fine, but don’t SPAM us with a hundred jokes. This in not a general chat or RPG thread, it's a fanclub, so posts should be about the show.

4) Harassment will not be tolerated. You are perfectly free to openly dislike any character, but insulting names directed at them or their fans will be treated as harassment.

5) Do not ruin episodes for others. Use Spoiler tags for any plot info relating to episodes that are less than 2 weeks old (by TV airing time, not special web-service airing time).

6) Rule breakers will be given first a warning, then a 1 week ban, after which ban length will vary between a week and permanently. Severe offenses will be given a permanent ban straight off.
    ---

Membership:
    While anyone is allowed to join in and post, if you'd like to pick a team (and root for your fave char) and be on the member list, please complete the following form and post it in the thread:
    Name:
    Team:
    Favorite Episode:
    Why I like Gravity Falls:
    Example:
    Name: VampirateMace
    Team: Dipper
    Favorite Episode: The Timetraveler's Pig
    Why I like Gravity Falls: I like the loopy paranormal concepts, the characters which actually have personalities, the catchy theme song, and the fact that the show doesn't feel canned. I also like that the puzzles give me something to do between episodes, and how Dipper reminds me of my childhood, being the brave kid.

Member Teams:

Team Dipper:
    VampirateMace (Club Owner)

Team Mabel:
    RealMrGame10

Team Waddles:
    Shiny Glaceon

Team Pacifica:

Team Stan:

Team Soos:

Team Wendy:

EonMaster101

Team Robbie:

Team Gideon:

Team Candy:

Team Gretchen:

Team Cipher:

Banned
    No one! So, let's keep it that way!
    ---

Official Club Banners

Credit to Shiny Glaceon!
    ---

Member Submitted Puzzles/Codes
    Submit puzzles for other to solve, just make sure they’re appropriate.
    Anyone submitting puzzles that are found to have inappropriate solutions will be dealt with per forum rules.
    Last edited by VampirateMace; 18th August 2014 at 7:05 AM.

Serebii Paranormal & Crypto-zoological Society / And My Etsy Shop!
    I've also got Blog about all things paranormal:
    http://problematicafiles.blogspot.com/
    Twitter: @CleverKraken

Today's Fact: In the USA today, caskets are still nailed shut. . . to keep the dead in.

A Gravity Falls Fanclub? Everything is different now!

Name: EonMaster101
    Team: Wendy(This was hard, it was between her, Dipper, and Cipher.)
    Favorite episode: Dreamscaperers
    Why I like Gravity Falls: I like(no, LOVE) the show because I've always like mysteries and stuff and always reading about them, so I guess the show just caught my attention and I loved it ever since. I also always liked shows with action and comedy, and this show has both!

EDIT: Yes, I am still reading it in Stan's voice, and yes it is weird.
    Last edited by EonMaster101; 5th August 2014 at 4:05 AM.
    I have claimed Glaceon!
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360
    I treat my Pokemon like family. Copy and Paste this in your sig if you do too. Started by legolover8.
    † I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Visit the Mystery Shack here! http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...Falls-Fanclub)

Welcome to the club. . . oh, wait try this:

Soos:
    Heh, Welcome to the club dude.

Okay, I'll stop messing with your mind now. I know, it was a hard decision for me too, because I really like Soos and Wendy as well. We haven't seen enough of Bill for me to fully make up my mind on if I like him, but I think he's the most seriously threatening villain the show has had so far (even with Gideon gaining control of the Shack).

Today's Fact: In the USA today, caskets are still nailed shut. . . to keep the dead in.

Name: Shiny Glaceon
    Team: Waddles
    Favorite Episode: The time travelers pig
    Why I like Gravity Falls: Waddles, so adorable, and also I love mystery cartoons!

Also, why isn't there a team Waddles?
    Also, I could make some banners for the club!
    Last edited by Shiny Glaceon!; 5th August 2014 at 4:33 AM.

There can be, do you want to switch to Team Waddles?
    (PS: It's The Timetraveler's Pig)
    Last edited by VampirateMace; 5th August 2014 at 4:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by VampirateMace View Post
    There can be, do you want to switch to Team Waddles?
    (PS: It's The Timetraveler's Pig)
    Sure, and I edited my post

Okay, Team Waddles has been added, and you are in it, (unfortunately, the poll can only have 10 choices).

The Timetraveler's Pig is my favorite episode so far as well, though Scary-oke was pretty awesome as well.
        Spoiler:- awesome stuff:

Name: RealMrGame10
    Team: Mabel
    Favorite Episode: (GAHH I DON'T KNOW) Land Before Swine(?)
    Why I like Gravity Falls: Basically, its humor and characters. I mean, it does have interesting stories and relationships, but the quirkiness of the humor is something that you don't find very often. Although people have compared it to Adventure Time, I think that it's superior to Adventure Time in a way. It has a sense of more order, less disjointedness, and a far more wholesome way of accomplishing its jokes and references. The characters are wonderfully designed, with Mabel taking a very close first in my list of favorites. Seriously, these characters are some of my favorite of all time ever, on the level of like, Avatar (the Last Airbender) or something. AND WADDLES! WADDLES! Do you need any other reason? I mean, for real.

^Sworn Metalhead made that and is pretty cool^
    Quote Originally Posted by Doodlebug
    Giovanni x Mudkip = new OTP
    I CLAIM BIDOOF! BWAHAHAHAHAHA!
    I've also claimed the Scion of Legend, Owain! JUSTICE!

Added

I agree that it's more liner, organized, and not always as blunt as Adventure Time (I'm sure it would be as blunt, if it wasn't for it being on Disney, what with the stuff the editors made them cut), though Adventure Time does have some merits of it's own, it's a great escapism. Avatar, not so much, the char designs were nice, but the acting was so flat (in my opinion) I couldn't watch it.

I kinda disagree with the Avatar thing. Certainly, there were characters who were flatly acted throughout the series, but there were those that had their moments, and others who were just flat out awesome (in my opinion). Iroh (although he had an actor change), Toph, and the King of character development, Zuko. But hey, this isn't an Avatar club, so I'm dropping it.

In other news, I have a request for a banner for the club ready. I just gotta wait for the queue to open up. Should I go for it?

EDIT: I went for it.
    Last edited by RealMrGame10; 5th August 2014 at 4:25 PM.

Welcome to the club. . . oh, wait try this:

Soos:
    Heh, Welcome to the club dude.

Okay, I'll stop messing with your mind now. I know, it was a hard decision for me too, because I really like Soos and Wendy as well. We haven't seen enough of Bill for me to fully make up my mind on if I like him, but I think he's the most seriously threatening villain the show has had so far (even with Gideon gaining control of the Shack).
    Haha, I can still hear it in his voice.

Yeah, I know what you mean but it is seriously awesome to have a club for this, so thanks for creating it and I'm happy to be here.
    Last edited by EonMaster101; 5th August 2014 at 12:09 PM.
    I have claimed Glaceon!
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360
    I treat my Pokemon like family. Copy and Paste this in your sig if you do too. Started by legolover8.
    † I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Visit the Mystery Shack here! http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...Falls-Fanclub)

MrGame: And you are certainly are entitled to your opinion , but yes, there is an Avatar Club for that. - Sure, banners would be nice, thanks, just make sure we know who to credit.

Eon: Welcome, I noticed there were a few fans when I put up my avatar, so I figured we'd get some use out of a Gravity Falls club.

Okay, to Club Business:
    Is there anything else you guys want from the first post? Like the schedule for the upcoming episodes?

Okay, to Club Business:
    Is there anything else you guys want from the first post? Like the schedule for the upcoming episodes?
    Schedules for upcoming shows and topics is all i see that are needed

Also, made a banner

http://s42.photobucket.com/user/cute...66343.jpg.html

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Glaceon! View Post
    Schedules for upcoming shows and topics is all i see that are needed

Also, made a banner

http://s42.photobucket.com/user/cute...66343.jpg.html

Nice banners! The second link doesn't seem to work though... It says the page doesn't exist(when I clicked on it, anyway).
    I have claimed Glaceon!

Quote Originally Posted by EonMaster101 View Post
    Nice banners! The second link doesn't seem to work though... It says the page doesn't exist(when I clicked on it, anyway).
    The 2nd one is me failing to upload the image, the link is what I made for the club, though im not sure if its that good

Okay a vote for Schedules, good. . . I don't really want to lock up the topics though. I want the flow of conversation to be natural.

Troubleshooting: You need to use image code around the link, and make sure it's from a public page.
        Spoiler:- Also, Glaceon:
    Last edited by VampirateMace; 6th August 2014 at 4:21 AM.

I made the background (obviously not the book, thats from the show itself)

And I assume the magnifying glass is photo stock, so we're good to go then.

Okay, I'll update the first post with the banner and schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Glaceon! View Post
    The 2nd one is me failing to upload the image, the link is what I made for the club, though im not sure if its that good
    Oh okay, that makes sense.

Okay, I'll update the first post with the banner and schedule.
    A schedule would be helpful.
    I have claimed Glaceon!

Schedule is up, just above the rules, and I just updated it (I'll add and remove episodes as appropriate), but still I need to see if I can figure out when Golf War plays on the Disney Channel for sure. Any other suggestion are welcome (more members are welcome too).

To be honest, the Golf War trailer looked pretty stupid, I don't think anything serious is going to be going down in that episode.

Okay guys, let's get a discussion topic going, how about most interesting creature that's appeared so far?

Okay, so after extensive research spanning a couple of days, I'd like to briefly mention that there aren't that many "creatures" (strictly speaking) in the show that particularly interest me. That being said, how about that Gobblewonker? Although the Pines discovered that Old Man McGucket made a robot as a hoax for attention, in the same episode, another robot or the actual creature itself appeared, leaving us to wonder, "Where did McGucket get the idea?" Be it fact or fiction, the extent of how powerful and what it's actual habits are (if it exists in the continuity) have vexed me since I watched that episode.

Good point on the Gobblewonker, McGucket had to have gotten the idea somewhere, but since there are lakes all over the world that supposedly have monsters, it wouldn't have indicated it was local without the second monster.

Just watched 'Golf War'
        Spoiler:- Not quite as bad as I thought it would be:

Also, I'm updating the schedule.
    Last edited by VampirateMace; 13th August 2014 at 8:31 PM.

Just watched 'Golf War'
        Spoiler:- Not quite as bad as I thought it would be:
    I have been wondering that, too. If they're friends now(or at least getting there) or the next time she shows up it'll be back to the way it was between them. I liked the episode, though. Much better than I expected, to be completely honest.
    I have claimed Glaceon!

Updated the schedule. . . Looks like the next episodes aren't due until September. Lots of time to speculate folks. . . Anyone have a puzzle for us?

Name: OfCorsola
    Team: Robbie! (I don't have a favorite)
    Favorite episode: Tourist Trapped
    Why I like Gravity Falls: I was introduced this when the legend of the gobble wonker first came out. I fell in love with it ever since, I love the animation, the comedy, and the mystery. I had an unhealthy obsession with this show until it went on hiatus xD. This show is the savior of Disney.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast