Thread: Which character in the anime do you think had the strongest plot line?

Default Which character in the anime do you think had the strongest plot line?

Out of every season (from OS to BW) which character (major or minor) do you think had the strongest storyline/progression?

I personally thought James' had the best storyline. I mean, he was a rich kid forced to be married to Jessibell. I thought that was a good twist.
    Happiny is awesome

Bands and artists I like at the moment:
    Radiohead
    Muse
    Boards Of Canada
    The Beatles
    Bjork
    Aphex Twin
    Nine Inch Nails
    Vampire Weekend
    Lady Gaga
    Gorillaz
    Brian Eno
    Coldplay

Quote Originally Posted by *futachimaru* View Post
    I personally thought James' had the best storyline. I mean, he was a rich kid forced to be married to Jessibell. I thought that was a good twist.

I agree. I thought they did a really good job with James' back-story. I feel like he had more of a revealed background than even some of Ash's traveling companions.
    It's not about winning; it's the rivers you cross.

Gotta go with Paul, the storyline about his brother being too kind and how it ultimately cost him his chance to be a great Pokemon trainer made it perfectly understandable that he would see Ash and Chimchar as signs of that weakness and try to overcome it at all costs. His victory over Ash at Lake Acuity gave him a quiet confidence that he brought to the battle against Ash at the Pokemon League, and ultimately in losing he realizes that there's more than one path to having success in life.

In terms of a beginning-middle-end character arc, I don't see anything that tops that.
    Defeated Super Single Subway Master Ingo - August 19th, 2013

Searching for: Litwick - Near Perfect IVs, Manetric (Shiny) - Good IVs, Switcheroo
    Can offer high IV'd Bagons, Digletts, and Darumakas, as well as DWs, Pokerus, and more, PM me if interesting in negotiating.

Quote Originally Posted by RVD_fan View Post
    Gotta go with Paul, the storyline about his brother being too kind and how it ultimately cost him his chance to be a great Pokemon trainer made it perfectly understandable that he would see Ash and Chimchar as signs of that weakness and try to overcome it at all costs. His victory over Ash at Lake Acuity gave him a quiet confidence that he brought to the battle against Ash at the Pokemon League, and ultimately in losing he realizes that there's more than one path to having success in life.

In terms of a beginning-middle-end character arc, I don't see anything that tops that.
    Paul's storyline was very clever.
    Happiny is awesome

Bands and artists I like at the moment:
    Radiohead
    Muse
    Boards Of Canada
    The Beatles
    Bjork
    Aphex Twin
    Nine Inch Nails
    Vampire Weekend
    Lady Gaga
    Gorillaz
    Brian Eno
    Coldplay

I also liked Paul's storyline, because of the reason that was posted above.
    Also Dawn's storyline because of how she developed throughout her journey with Ash and going into a sort of depression after losing 2 contests in a row to finally beating an experienced coordinator that was May in the Wallace Cup to finally win a ribbon. It seemed almost realistic to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

Harley tbh. I could relate to his story because I too had a kid wrong me when I was little and I also never got over it. I can definitely understand his obsessions having to do with revenge, even if they're focused on someone who only looks like the person who committed the atrocity.

Mijumaru obviously. He's the only BW character to get actual development that he had to work for. Even though he forgets it the next episode he still tried to learn new moves, whcih is more than I can say for Axew, palpitoad, Pikachu, Krookodile,etc

For me it's between Paul, Iris, Jessie and James.

I think I'll go with TRio though (both Jessie and James). While their plot lines were scattered, I found their backstories really interesting.
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

For me may
    her development for hate pokemon to love pokemon
    and her rivalry and progress in contest
    Welcome Gen VI

PIKACHU
    the mascot of pokemon franchise

Mine would have to be Paul's. I like how he was constantly fighting his brothers shadow and thats why he hated Ash. But realized that his brother and Ash wasnt the enemy there a many paths to success and he began to bond with Ash and vice versa.