Thread: Anime jokes and gags repeated on different characters.

Default Anime jokes and gags repeated on different characters.

[I am not sure if there is a similar thread to this. If there is, then I am so sorry]

In the anime there are many jokes and gags, but have you ever realised that some of those jokes and gags are repeated on different characters?

For instance: the Butch name joke also happened to Stephan in BW
    and the Barry always crashing into ash also happened with Bianca.

Have you noticed any others?
    Happiny is awesome

Bands and artists I like at the moment:
    Radiohead
    Muse
    Boards Of Canada
    The Beatles
    Bjork
    Aphex Twin
    Nine Inch Nails
    Vampire Weekend
    Lady Gaga
    Gorillaz
    Brian Eno
    Coldplay

The Pokemon anime is the definition of repetitive. Ash's Pikachu destroyed three bikes at the start of OS, AG and DP respectively.

Butch/Dr. Namba/Stephan comes to mind. You forgot about him.

Also, Brodie's and Pierce's appearances are gags itself. They were mysterious members of their respective team, yet both vanished and were never seen gain.

Sort of bianca and barry. Both having their names start with b and being blonde doesn't help, to add on to them both being similary ditzy and clummsy to eachother.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

Quote Originally Posted by Nightstar1994 View Post
    Butch/Dr. Namba/Stephan comes to mind. You forgot about him.

Also, Brodie's and Pierce's appearances are gags itself. They were mysterious members of their respective team, yet both vanished and were never seen gain.

Well Pierce could of hate a fate like J did in the two parter so we can't say if he written off as much as Bro..wait who now?

Kasumi/Misty's afraid of bug pokemons, Iris' afraid of ice pokemons.

Quote Originally Posted by UbersSuck20 View Post
    The Pokemon anime is the definition of repetitive. Ash's Pikachu destroyed three bikes at the start of OS, AG and DP respectively.
    yeah and it will probably be repeated again next series. Also at the end of dp Ash's Gible ate barry's bike. i mean it's interesting, but you know it gets predictable after a while.

Always watching. Always waiting. Never truly at peace in a realm of its own.
    Giratina will return....someday.

This series loves running gags.

They mean "gag" as in "funny joke" gag, but it comes across as more "choke to death" gag. Especially when it has long since run its course. It's like a laugh track in a really bad sitcom - their way of saying, "Laugh. You're supposed to laugh. The thing happened to him again, you're supposed to laugh. It's funny, laugh. Why aren't you laughing?"
    Shokotan: "And then, in Extremespeed Genesect: The Awakening of Mewtwo, we meet another Mewtwo!"
    Yuyama: "Yes, I thought it'd be better if it was a different Mewtwo."
    Good for you Yuyama. Too bad you've singlehandedly torpedoed any lingering respect I and anyone else had for you.