Thread: GameCube (PAL) on PC monitor

Hybrid View

Default GameCube (PAL) on PC monitor

Hi!
    I have just bought myself a new computer, and I am left with a spare PC monitor, which I thought it had been cool to connect my GameCube (with GameBoy Player ) to, if possible.
    Is there anyone here who has any experience with this? Do I need a converter cable, and in that case, which one gives the best quality?
    Please share experiences you have, which can help myself and others with the same issue.

My GameCube is PAL, and has the ports "Digital AV Out" and "Analog AV Out" in the back, in addition to the power supply.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster[NOR] View Post
    Hi!
    I have just bought myself a new computer, and I am left with a spare PC monitor, which I thought it had been cool to connect my GameCube (with GameBoy Player ) to, if possible.
    Is there anyone here who has any experience with this? Do I need a converter cable, and in that case, which one gives the best quality?
    Please share experiences you have, which can help myself and others with the same issue.

My GameCube is PAL, and has the ports "Digital AV Out" and "Analog AV Out" in the back, in addition to the power supply.
    No worries if the monitor is a desktop PC one that lets you choose framerate

^ However, if you live in the NTSC region, then check power outlet before you turn it on. If the power outlet does not allow 220V connections, then you still need a converter to get around possible "regional electric current"-triggered problems as a result of an outlet that does not support PAL device connections, as consoles like Gamecube can be sensitive to any inability to give it just the right amount of power to work(whether it's receiving significantly less power to do anything with pal games, or even too much power to work w/o one)

^ No. of Volts received to connections by region: PAL:220V to NTSC:110V)...
    Last edited by gregjammer; 8th April 2013 at 11:40 PM. Reason: Self-BCVM(1st 4 initals of Metagross member, no harm intended, as this edit reminds me of him correcting me) proofing post
    My D/P FC: 4255-0421-2254
    My Pt FC: 2450-0507-5436(old)
    My HG FC:3524-8966-7093(old)
    My black FC: 0691-4324-8351
    My black 2 FC: 3440-0907-8860
    My Y FC: 4038-6458-7352