So I've never really built a team before. I mean, I've played Pokemon for several years but never knew much about types, set-up moves, traits, items, or really anything. I would simply (as any youngster would) pick a cool looking Pokemon or one with a cool name. This is how I played for years but it just isn't as fun now.

I'd like to build a team now with the new knowledge I have. Although, this knowledge isn't great yet, I still need some help.

I am playing with my Fire Red game currently and have an outline for a few pokemon I would enjoy having in my team. I am willing to make changes to any of these pokemon though!

Charizard
?
?
?
?

Pidgeot
Toxic
Whirlwind
Ariel Ace
Featherdance

Dewgong
Ice Shard
Waterfall
?
?

Jolteon
Agility
?
?
?

Nidoking
Earthquake
?
?
?

Mr. Mime
Psychic
Mimic
Barrier
?

Some of these I have picked because I enjoyed using them in the past (such as Nidoking), some are chosen because they have a soft spot in my heart (Mr. Mime), and some have been chosen because I have never played with them before (Dewgong).

I am struggling with applying a team aspect to these. I have a few moves for each, yet I still am unsure of a role for any of these pokemon.

If you could help, please do so!

Thank you!