Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Saturday: Pokémon X & Y - New Pokémon! + Best Wishes Season 2 Da! Episode Titles

Default Saturday: Pokémon X & Y - New Pokémon! + Best Wishes Season 2 Da! Episode Titles

Serebii.net has just updated with this:

06-04-2013 12:20 BST / 07:20 EDT by Serebii Check back later today for new Pokémon X & Y news! This update will be amended throughout the day. If you have any ideas for the site, be sure to send them in
    With the news of Pokémon X & Y, the ...

More...

So, the mewtwo form is real.

I was about to scream and cry "WHY!!!!!??!?!", But then I saw the official artwork... MUCH better than the poster, mewtwo kinda looks very cool in this form, instead of it looking like a slap-on. But I imagine fans all over the world are probably not happy.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkmbl View Post
    But I imagine fans all over the world are probably not happy.
    The omnipresent Internet is just aflame with keening and gnashing of teeth, I'm sure. I imagine most of the kids of the world are indifferent, at worst.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

The Mewtwo form looks like a baby. Not a bad form. But it looks like a baby. I was hoping for a new Pokemon not a new form. GameFreak is stupid.
    Within my lifetime, I've done a lot of walking. I started my journey walking on a little path called Route 1. Little did I know that walking down that route would lead me onwards to a road that went by the name of Victory. Just west of Victory Road, I walked up an entire mountain where atop stood a silent trainer who was one of the mightiest I had ever faced. I've walked, through sandstorms, across the hard desert of Hoenn. I've walked through pelting hail, across the snow covered terrains of Sinnoh. And now as I look back on all my travels I find myself walking across the Skyarrow Bridge of Unova. It took a lot of walking through tall grass patches to get where I am today...But it was worth the walk.

I'll be damned. The Mewtwo form is legit. Can't say I like it right now, but I do believe it will grow on me. Hell, for some reason just the confirmation has made it tolerable to me.

3DS Friend Code: 2535-4249-2325
    PM me if you add me for X and Y so I can add you too! I apparently give Sandile, Nuzleaf, and Liepard in the Friend Safari.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoruaruler View Post
    GameFreak is stupid.
    This is the sort of sentiment that serves no purpose.

-----
    Words to|live by

I guessed correctly.
    And you questioned my sanity. My Anime List

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    if Arceus is the Alpha Pokemon

wouldn't Mega Arceus be

the O-Mega Pokemon

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    The omnipresent Internet is just aflame with keening and gnashing of teeth, I'm sure. I imagine most of the kids of the world are indifferent, at worst.
    Since most of the people who are VERY mad about this (on other forums) claim to be "fans" (Even though a honest fan wouldn't be extremely angry about something like a new form), I think it's much worse than that, unfortunately.

Am I the only one who found it weird that it was revealed THE MOMENT I stopped watching playthrough videos of Ys IV? I mean, this new mewtwo form reminds me of the final boss from that game.

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    This is the sort of sentiment that serves no purpose.
    And what purpose does your comment to me serve? I'm not saying I don't like the new Mewtwo form, I'm just saying that they get us all hyped up and then this is all they give us. I'm not angry. I would just like to see a new Pokemon. Not a new version of one that's 16 years old.
    Within my lifetime, I've done a lot of walking. I started my journey walking on a little path called Route 1. Little did I know that walking down that route would lead me onwards to a road that went by the name of Victory. Just west of Victory Road, I walked up an entire mountain where atop stood a silent trainer who was one of the mightiest I had ever faced. I've walked, through sandstorms, across the hard desert of Hoenn. I've walked through pelting hail, across the snow covered terrains of Sinnoh. And now as I look back on all my travels I find myself walking across the Skyarrow Bridge of Unova. It took a lot of walking through tall grass patches to get where I am today...But it was worth the walk.

meh. the new form's alright. I just want more info on the new games themselves, personally...
    3DS FC: 5043 1366 9389

I'll be gone on vacation until I get home sometime Sunday the 28th. Sorry guys.

Looking for that extremespeed linoone with adamant or jolly (when it comes out). If you're gonna get one, I'd appreciate it. I can clone it if needed.
    I'm willing to sell my soul for it

Apparently, this Pokemon isn't Mewtwo. It's just similar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon.com
    The mysteries of Pokémon X and Pokémon Y continue to grow with the unveiling of a Pokémon that is strangely familiar! It looks a lot like the powerful Legendary Pokémon Mewtwo, but not quite the same…

I'm just saying that they get us all hyped up and then this is all they give us.
    All they said was "we're revealing something". The excessive hyping is largely on the part of the fans, particularly when they haven't made distinctions between the reveal of a new forme and the reveal of a separate new Pokémon in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by HetaOni View Post
    Apparently, this Pokemon isn't Mewtwo. It's just similar.
    It's apparent at this stage that they want to keep the exact link between this Pokémon and Mewtwo - whether it's a forme, an evolution, some sort of counterpart, whatever - under wraps for now. I wouldn't put too much stock in either possibility until we know more.

-----
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by deoxysdude94 View Post
    meh. the new form's alright. I just want more info on the new games themselves, personally...
    Exactly, this is me. This is most of the community, I'm sure.

EDIT: @HetaOni if it isn't Mewtwo that'd be great, it's a cool Pokemon. But if it is a Mewtwo form it's kind of pointless.
    Last edited by PokemonTrainerKaden; 7th April 2013 at 1:39 AM.

The Mewtwo form looks like a baby. Not a bad form. But it looks like a baby. I was hoping for a new Pokemon not a new form. GameFreak is stupid.
    Gamefreak made your Pokemon in your signature and avatar, invalid.

I really like this guy, quite fond of those eyes the most.

Based on what Pokemon.com has stated, is it not possible in the slightest that we all ASSUMED that it was a Mewtwo form? It almost certainly is, but it does bring up the minuscule possibility that it is in fact mewthree a new Pokemon.

3DS Friend Code: 2535-4249-2325
    PM me if you add me for X and Y so I can add you too! I apparently give Sandile, Nuzleaf, and Liepard in the Friend Safari.

Is any more info set to be released today? Or is it all just going to be speculation until the next corocoro?

Quote Originally Posted by Draknir View Post
    Based on what Pokemon.com has stated, is it not possible in the slightest that we all ASSUMED that it was a Mewtwo form? It almost certainly is, but it does bring up the minuscule possibility that it is in fact mewthree a new Pokemon.
    Not at all impossible. Again, it's apparent at this stage that they want to keep the exact link between this Pokémon and Mewtwo - whether it's a forme, an evolution whatever - a secret for the time being. I suspect the movie will be used as a vehicle for the reveal of the exact relationship.

-----
    Words to|live by

Wow so the Mewtwo forme was real? I'll be damned

But Pokemon.com says it's....not Mewtwo? Wtf?

I'll learn to love this guy like I do all Pokemon, but for now, I think this reveal was a bit of a disappointment. A Mewtwo/Majin Buu look-alike?

I wish they'd actually show some in-game overworld footage or some info on the story rather than showing ONE new Pokemon

Quote Originally Posted by Draknir View Post
    Well think of Shaymin-Sky, it was mystified as a "new Pokemon" when it turned out to be a forme. So the same may happen to this critter.

Quote Originally Posted by nuzamaki90 View Post
    I wish they'd actually show some in-game overworld footage or some info on the story rather than showing ONE new Pokemon
    The game is "only" six months away. They don't have any reason to give us too much of a look at that material. They will in time, to be sure, but there's no reason to give it all away, or even a lot of even that much of it away, ahead of time.

-----
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by nuzamaki90 View Post
    But Pokemon.com says it's....not Mewtwo? Wtf?
    Where does it say this? All it say's is "It resembles Mewtwo, but not quite the same." Did you see something that say's it's not actually Mewtwo?

It would seem appropriate to make a new Pokemon / Form relating to Mewtwo, if the game is supposed to be around genetics like people have been talking about.

Not sure if the genetics thing was ever confirmed, but that would definitely point towards it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shay_ View Post
    It would seem appropriate to make a new Pokemon / Form relating to Mewtwo, if the game is supposed to be around genetics like people have been talking about.

Not sure if the genetics thing was ever confirmed, but that would definitely point towards it.
    I think it was confirmed to be genetics, wasn't it? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I heard somewhere that it was, and it seems like it was somewhere hear on Serebii.

I don't believe it's been confirmed as an overarching theme, yet. Just an educated guess based on some of the art and names.

-----
    Words to|live by

does anyone else think it's another merge? like the Kyreme forms with Reshiram and Zekrom?
    May the odds be EVER in your favor
    Credit to Eeveelover824 for this sig and credit to RondezView for the pink pikachu
    If you are a true Swiftie (a Taylor Swift fan) like me and not scared to show it, "Drop Everything Now" and copy and paste in your signature.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast